User Reviews for Flagyl

Learn more about Flagyl.

Reviews for Flagyl to treat Dental Abscess

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

This was the first time I received Metronidazole for a tooth infection, usually they prescribe Keflex (cephalexin) or Amoxacillin. I would say that the Metronidazole worked quicker at easing the pain and It wasn't a capsule so I had an easier time swallowing it however, I have been suffering serious nausea followed by diarhea since I began taking it. Then last night without thinking about the interaction had a few drinks and spent the night vomiting and very ill with nausea, dry heaves etc. DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL WITH THIS MEDICINE and always read your labels and accompanying info, I usually do but I've never had any kind of reaction to an antibiotic so I got lazy I suppose, because it was clearly stated on the bottle.

July 12, 2012 12:02 PM

Review by dr d:

It is very useful for treating dental abscess but a combination will work better, along with amoxicillin. Flagyl alone might not be good enough.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 13, 2010 12:56 PM

Review by refa3a:

It is a good antibiotic for anaerobic bacteria. I prescribe it for my patients in conjunction with another antibiotic for the aerobic bacteria (example Amoxil).

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 12, 2009 2:30 PM