User Reviews for Flagyl

Learn more about Flagyl.

Reviews for Flagyl to treat Dental Abscess

"This was the first time I received Metronidazole for a tooth infection, usually they prescribe Keflex (cephalexin) or Amoxacillin. I would say that the Metronidazole worked quicker at easing the pain and It wasn't a capsule so I had an easier time swallowing it however, I have been suffering serious nausea followed by diarhea since I began taking it. Then last night without thinking about the interaction had a few drinks and spent the night vomiting and very ill with nausea, dry heaves etc. DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL WITH THIS MEDICINE and always read your labels and accompanying info, I usually do but I've never had any kind of reaction to an antibiotic so I got lazy I suppose, because it was clearly stated on the bottle."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2012

"It is very useful for treating dental abscess but a combination will work better, along with amoxicillin. Flagyl alone might not be good enough."

dr d July 13, 2010

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"It is a good antibiotic for anaerobic bacteria. I prescribe it for my patients in conjunction with another antibiotic for the aerobic bacteria (example Amoxil)."

refa3a October 12, 2009

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Dental Abscess