User Reviews for Methyl salicylate

Also known as: Absorbine Jr Extra Strength, Aloe Vera Liniment, Analgesic Balm, Analgesic Balm Greaseless, Arthricare Cream, Banalg, Banalg Hospital Strength, Bengay, BENGAY Arthritis, BENGAY Greaseless, BENGAY Original, BENGAY Ultra, BENGAY Vanishing Scent, Boroleum, Castiva Cooling, ...show all 59 brand names

Learn more about Methyl salicylate.

Reviews for Methyl salicylate to treat Muscle Pain

Review by Nathalie C. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Salonpas Pain Gel (methyl salicylate): I have bursitis in both hips that developed prior to back surgery. The pain is bearable during the day, but at night, I wake up with pain because I'm a side sleeper. I started using Salonpas gel and, I have been able to sleep through the night without waking. I get cortizone injections when needed, but when I can't get an appointment quick enough, this is fantastic! And for roughly $8.00 at Walmart... you can't beat it!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 26, 2014 5:19 PM

Review by fenix7:

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate): The adhesive used for these particular patches works a lot better than the other comparable products on the market by far. As long as you get them on straight and unwrinkled the first time, they will stay on for virtually as long as they last, which also happens to exceed comparable products by far. Couple this with the much less expensive price and you have three reasons why this is simply a superior product to the others. It should be noted that the one time I almost bought another name brand product similar to that of SalonPas, the pharmacist, without solicitation or knowing I had a preferance, recommended I go elsewhere to find SalonPas, as they were far superior in his opinion as well.

June 7, 2010 7:45 PM