User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura 1 reviews 87 medications

Uveitis, Posterior 1 reviews 38 medications

Epicondylitis, Tennis Elbow 1 reviews 38 medications

Summary of Prednisone reviews 266 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Prednisone

For Eczema: "I understand the severe side effects. However, as one who has suffered from severe asthma and eczema, as well as intolerable skin itching in general, my entire life, I look at prednisone as a miracle drug. It allows me to breathe, stops the skin itching, and clears my skin up quickly. If there is another drug that will accomplish these goals, I would definitely give it a try. I am 47 years old, and all of my issues were considered "childhood illnesses" that would eventually disappear. Unfortunately they never did. At my age I've learned to greet the doctor with "yes, I understand the side effects. In my case, the benefits outweigh the risks. If there is a new wonderdrug I should know about, let's give it a go!""

Petmom (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2016

For Pharyngitis: "Went to the Dr with sore throat and chills ,the night before I tossed and turned with pain and sweats...went to the er got a dose of Prednisone and within a few hours I felt 80% better"

Poohby May 24, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "Incredible change 1st day after taking. More energy, less pain. Could barely get uo or down stairs before...now no problems."

fromkamloops (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2016

For Mixed Connective Tissue Disease: "Swelling severe joint pain especially wrists leaving me unable to use my hands. Dr prescribed prednisolone 20 mgs to start ,within 1 hour my pain was gone and next day swelling had almost disappeared . As I was on a long course I did suffer from being paranoid and gained over 3 stone in weight , however I did realise I had to bear with it to have any quality of life and it did work , for 5 years I had no more symptoms. Recently my pains and swellings are back only in my wrists this time doctors prescribed only short periods of the drug, I had no side affects but 3 days after finishing my wrists were screaming pain . I am 70 this year and otherwise have good health so I will have my way and use of my hands back by using this drug."

Litt (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have epilepsy and it sent me into a grandmal seizure the first day I started taking it. Then I did not take it again and I had no more seizures. I was taking it for inflammation of the inner ear. It was my first time taking it an my last. It may help other people, but it made me have a seizure. I rarely have them so I know it was the prednisone. I do not advise epileptics to take this medicine. This is coming from personal experience. Stay safe."

Vasha118 May 16, 2016

For Skin Rash: "I was diagnoised with pityriasis rubra / red itchy patches all over the body , like sunburn . I had 40 mg per day for two weeks and decrease it by 5 mg evry week . Worked right from start and cured it for good."

Recep (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 16, 2016

For Sinusitis: "I have had back to back sinus infections several times per year for the past few years. I have taken too many antibiotics and do the ENT prescribed prednisone 30 mg for 3 days then 20 for 2 days then 10 then done. Sounded simple enough even though I had been putting off prednisone for a year. I also take klonopin low dose for an anxiety condition. I know my hyper sensitivity to meds so the first night I took half the initial dosage. I woke up early the next morning with a racing mind and high anxiety. The racing mind scared me. It dissipated within a few hours but still made me feel on edge for the remainder of the day. I called the pharmacist as it was a weekend and I could not get the doctor and explain. She told me to stop the prednisone"

Penchant (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have terrible leg pain/neuropathy as I am pre-diabetic. I discovered accidentally that a low dose of prednisone erased the pain completely and gave my ability to walk back. My Dr was concerned about the long term side effects- 5 mg a day - so wanted me to try Celebrex instead. What a disaster. Terrible stomach and back pain . My inflammation and severe pain came back with a vegeance. Back on prednisone . For all the naysayers- this drug gave me my life back. I am dedicated to losing weight so the pre-diabetes issue goes away- and I can get off of Prednizone. This drug gave me my life back. Sounds like the high dosage given to patients on this site caused major unpleasant side effects - my low dosage did not result in any negative effects."

Kanne (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 12, 2016

For Asthma: "I only take prednisone in the bubble pack as a last resort. It does work effectively but, the short & long term side effects of the medication need the user to proceed with caution. I have to use it for my chronic episodes of bronchitis & when my asthma gets too bad for just albuterol. Short term caused my liver function to go wonky. When i use a pred blister pack I usually gain 5-10lbs. It also causes sebaceous hyperplasia which look like raised whiteheads that never go away. If you go to a gym w/ steroid abusers you will see that they have whiteheads all over their back & face. That is s. Hyperplasia. You have to get it burnt or cut out of your skin to get rid of it. If I didn't need it for my asthma i would never take it willingly."

kkris May 10, 2016

For Gouty Arthritis: "Daddy Bean. Your symptoms/attacks are identical to my own. Currently on 700mg Alopurinon and due another 6 monthly check in 2 weeks. I'm 4 weeks into my latest attack which has primarily been right knee - only has left to linger on right, then left foot to left knee and back to right knee where it's made itself at home for the last 4 days. This is the worst acute attack I've had in 15 years. Still not diagnosed as gout as it moves and comes as quickly as it goes. Hopefully rhumatologist will investigate pseudo gout (calcium) or more likely Palindromic Rheumatism - would be really keen to hear from anyone who may have experience with this. Anyway Prednesolone is the only thing that seems to touch this at the moment. 6 tabs first thing."

Kiwikodi (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2016

For Asthma: "I have Bipolar disorder & was given this medication for an infection; 48 hours later I was manic, 72 hours later I became delusional and was experiencing psychosis, unable to identify family & my home. It was very scary because it hit so quick & I didn't know what was happening to me. I am stable & on regimented medication/lifestyle practices. Found out those with Bipolar should always try to shy from this RX & other steroids. Be careful if you have a mental illness, discuss other options with your doctor, please don't go through my very negative experience."

crazydude81 (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "I have been given prednisone for a bout of poison ivy and another time for bronchitis. Each I am unable to sleep, concentrate, and have insane pain in my legs. I hate this stuff. Makes me feel like I'm flaring. So much joint pain. But my sick gets better so I suck it up."

Hate it (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2016

For Gouty Arthritis: "The prednisone is the drug that works. I went to get a shot of steroids, but my doctor was in the hospital. (Ha) I had been taking indocin , Colcrys, and Vicodin. The indocin seems to work on very mild attacks, if I take it right away. However, this latest attack turned into an acute one. I had a dorsal pack of methprednasone in my medicine chest, that I was saving. This was a good test proving that , for me, the steroid , prednisone, was the operative drug. In the dorsal pack, you start off with two 4 mil. Pills. Within 2 hours signification pain loss. By the end of the day, the word miracle was appropriate. This is the start of my 3rd day and it looks like it's almost completely gone!! Thank you God for this medication."

Glenn with gout April 27, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Manufactured by Qualitest Pharmaceuticals. This was a unit of use package for a five day use starting with a higher dosage and going down to one pill on the last day. Very poor instructions on how to remove the pills from the card. I ended up having to cut them out with a razor blade. I would rate Ease of Use at a 1."

rbelllebec April 25, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "Today is day 6 and my last day (1 tablet) of prednisone. It is a miracle I guess. I have absolutely no pain and before this administration of these drugs, I wondered whether life was worth the pain. Back to the doctor to get results for 2nd round of blood tests but fibromyalgia certainly looks to be the culprit. Wonder how long this great pain relief will last?"

Lynda C April 25, 2016

For COPD: "Made me hungry I gained weight"

peppylady (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Diagnosed with early RA six weeks after onset of symptoms in almost every joint. Put on 10 day course of decreasing dosage and experience relieve with in the first 6 hours. No longer on Pred but take 2 grams sulfazine daily and symptoms, although still painful, are decreasing after 35 days. Assume that when or if a flare up occurs Pred, will be prescribed."

fat dog (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have Major Depressive Disorder and have been through a lot to get the right combination of anti-depressants to actual help me. I was put on Prednisone for systemic inflammation. The second day my mood just dropped. It felt like I had no anti-depressants in my system at all. It was awful. My PCP and therapist helped me through the worst part, but I don't think I will ever take Prednisone again. My taper was finished yesterday and today the pain is back. I rather deal with the physical pain than the depression. Nasty side effect. On the bright side; it did help with the inflammation and pain, even though it was temporary."

F33.2 April 19, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "I have just taken prednisalone for the first time for a moderate exacerbation of asthma. For the first time in 28 years I was pain free. I kept telling my husband that despite how sick I was with pneumonia I felt so relaxed and I realised I had no pain. Now I know how normal people feel I could cry. You can't take it forever due to the effects on your body but gosh I sure wish they could work on something that worked the same without the side effects.meanwhile I am trying to readjust to pain again and feeling heartbroken that I have to live with fibromyalgia."

Liverpoollass (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis: "50 yr old male/23 years with disease- Currently taking 30 mg of prednisone, weaning from 60. 2nd time since Nov 15. Also use Masalmine Enema, Canasa Suppository, and Remicade every 6 weeks by infusion. I am the lucky person, I am guessing, that did not have the increased appitite, moon face, or roid rage. My sex drive is extremely low and I have dry eye syndrome, headache, acne, dizziness."

Hate this Disease (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 18, 2016

For Gouty Arthritis: "Rare attacks, but when they hit, they're bad. Atypical, knee, ankle, 5th metatarsal (long foot bone behind the little toe), but always only one joint at a time, and never the big toe. Severe pain, can't bear any weight on that side. This last time around, acetaminophen, ibuprofen, naproxen had no effect whatsoever; hydrocodone took the leading edge off but that's all. After first dose of Prednisone, 80% pain reduction in 12 hours, remaining pain disappeared completely over the following 2-3 days."

DaddyBean (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "Made me gain 140lbs over 6 years, no one told me about how steroids affect your sugar and insulin. I'm now diabetic. If you use this medicine I would strongly recommend talking to doctor about a carb free sugar free diet to avoid weight gain and diabetes. Did not help with pain at all. Helped me regain control of severe asthma for that I'm grateful."

Alicealwaysfalls (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 15, 2016

For Pharyngitis: "I was prescribed this medicine on the first day when my sore throat developed. It didn't help me at all, In fact after 2 days of taking it, I felt weaker, body aching and my throat remained painful and I became giddy. When I googled the details, I realised it suppressed my immune system and it contains steroid and not suitable for people with thyroid disorder like myself (hypo thyroid). I won't take this medicine again."

ThyroidPatient April 2, 2016

For Nephrotic Syndrome: "prednisone did help my 2yrs old daughter go into remission with nephrotic syndrome thank god , and she was on lasiks and melatonin and blood pressure meds for a short time . the side effects were weight gain, spurts of anger and aggression and a lot of whinning . she completely changed ! I'm definetly looking into other meds if this does come back . do your homework and check statistics on meds and how many children have been tested using all the meds . thanks"

caring parent 13 March 27, 2016

For Allergic Reactions: "I must of suffered nearly every reaction on the list after on one day.I do have breathlessness and irregular heart beat.still trying to recover without medication.I am allergic to many antibiotics."

No nickname Stella Keenan (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2016