User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Herpes Zoster 0 reviews 10 medications

Herpes Zoster Iridocyclitis 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hypercalcemia of Malignancy 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Iridocyclitis 0 reviews 58 medications Not rated - Be the first
Iritis 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 0 reviews 113 medications Not rated - Be the first
Keratitis 0 reviews 117 medications Not rated - Be the first
Loeffler's Syndrome 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mixed Connective Tissue Disease 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mycosis Fungoides 0 reviews 42 medications Not rated - Be the first
Uveitis, Posterior 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Prednisone reviews 131 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Prednisone

Review by daxton (taken for less than 1 month):

For COPD: I have COPD. Experienced an exacerbation of the condition one evening. Went to ER. Coughing, shortness of breath and difficult breathing. I was given a Nebulizer treatment with the medication Albuterol Sulfate in ER and sent home with a Nebulizer machine to do the breathing treatment 2 x daily, AM and PM. Also, given 2 Prednisone before leaving ER with prescription for 14 tabs taken at various intervals until gone. I really felt great, full of energy, but as down to last of the medicine, feeling very achy all over, rather flu like. I know it is going off the Prednisone, as have taken it before some time ago, and you just kind of "crash" when you stop.

September 15, 2014 4:08 PM

For Gouty Arthritis: I've been getting chronic gout for about 9 years. Was given Prednisone for the first time last week (50mg once a day) it seems to work fast but I found that the pain starts coming back between doses. Still find it to be working better than the usual indomethacin and colchicine. The only side effect I've noticed is trouble sleeping.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 25, 2014 9:00 AM

Review by Working man (taken for less than 1 month):

For Inflammatory Conditions: Prednisone really surprised me as a miracle for severe pain. Previously I only knew about opiate painkillers. Reason: I suddenly couldn't walk or stand on one foot - severe throbbing pain. Hastily diagnosed as plantar fascitiis, but I didn't respond to the NSAID prescribed. Went to get a second opinion, as I'm convinced I've got a fracture. Anyhow, after *stressing* how severe my pain was, the second doctor gave me prednisone, oral tablets. My god, it's a miracle. I can walk again. And I feel like a million bucks to boot (euphoric side-effect?). I can still feel the pain slightly, but somehow the prednisone has got me to where I don't mind walking on it. I never knew that prednisone was a miracle severe pain-killer, but I know it now.

August 3, 2014 6:05 PM

Review by lc2008:

For Asthma: I usually have my two big asthma attacks a year which is awful but prednisone helps a lot. I find the breathing comes back quickly but the side effects are horrible I have a count down going on for how many days left on I every time I'm on it but in the end it does miracles for me, the sweating is the worst part.

July 28, 2014 8:48 PM

Review by D.J.:

For Sinusitis: Constipation, then diarrhea, severe congestion, lung burning from severe cough, lots of snot & mucus in lungs, extreme fatigue.

July 19, 2014 2:14 PM

Review by yellalot:

For Eczema: I have Eczema on my scalp and around my eyes. My eyes crack and bleed and look awful. I have asthma & allergies and now the eczema. So if I have a important function I start the prednisone a couple days before. I always take it in the morning with food & milk. I have been on prednisone for a long time off and on with my asthma so I know the side effects.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 17, 2014 9:48 AM

Review by Niya2615:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in 2012. Sept 2013 was the last time I wore a pair heels & have been living with severe pains throughout my entire body. I had seen 5 different doctors, pres. Methotrexate & HCQS, but I would still be in so much pain, crying had become a normal part of my day. I was advised to see a sixth doctor (which I was not anxious to do) who was the only person to prescribe prednisolone. The very first day(2014/06/04), I was given IV Hydrocorticoid and 30mg Prednisone. Before the day ended, I was feeling so much better. To date, I'm on 20mg and Sulfasalazine and I'm back at work, run up & down stairs and so much happier to be like my old self. I do worry about the side effects since I already gained weight but I am so much better.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2014 7:34 PM

Review by small town mom:

For Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: This medication does work great. However, the side effects are no fun. It cause weight gain, mood swings, and a host of other side effects. If the bad side effects were not there, I would definitely stay on this medication, because it helps so much with the pain and all of the other medical conditions that Lupus can cause.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 28, 2014 9:21 AM

Review by BGM0512 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Deltasone (prednisone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Because of the length of time on Prednisone, I now look like a moon-faced pregnant linebacker. BUT, it has been the ONLY medicine since diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis that has given me any relief close to being able to function. I've been warned of the serious side effects, but with medicines everything is a trade off in my opinion. Without Prednisone, I may be out of bed a total of 2 hrs per 24hr period--& that's a GOOD day!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 27, 2014 8:21 PM

Review by ajit96:

For Inflammatory Conditions: I had COPD with chest pain, also I had shoulder pain due to lifting heavy objects last year. I had started prednisone 20mg x 2 two days back. I shall take it for 5 days. I felt much better on on second day only. Today is third day and I am feeling much better. My COPD symptoms improved very much. Also reduced swelling in my shoulder magically. I had not taken it for shoulder pain but it improved very much. Now I can raise my hand 90 degree which was impossible two days back. My breathless due to smoking related COPD is getting cured. improved upto 60%. Three more days to go, I shall update you.

April 10, 2014 2:56 AM

Review by Agorafolks:

For Bursitis: Pain is a lot better, However can't sleep sweats and red face. But it has helped a lot - on 6 day pack hoping I can get back to my regular sleep habits. Feel hungry but not eating extra.

March 3, 2014 2:21 AM

Review by Tomh219 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Ulcerative Colitis: Works like a charm! Very effective. Miserable side effects. I would take this only for emergencies.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 23, 2014 2:23 AM

Review by Michael be Aryeh (taken for less than 1 month):

For Inflammatory Conditions: Had terrible pain from a pinched nerve in my neck. For five day I was in agony. They gave me prednisone in the morning after I went to see my doctor and literally by five in the afternoon 80% of the debilitating pain was gone. It was really a miracle.

February 12, 2014 11:37 PM

Review by MaxMesa (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bursitis: Holding off having hip replaced due to money. Tried OTC/ NSAIDs, finally broke down, went to clinic, prescribed prednisone, excellent results, still some pain, but not nearly as severe, lowered the dose from 40mg to 20mg per day, still effective, no side effects beside increased appetite.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 9, 2014 3:22 PM

Review by Mandie161312:

Deltasone (prednisone) for Asthma: Works to help open airways, but made me very moody.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 28, 2014 11:34 PM

Review by kista50:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I was hospitalized 2 years ago with ra for a week,that's how bad I was. I woke up totally crippled in every joint, it hit me all at once. I have been on predisone since day one,in the hospital I was on 260 mg, get the picture of how bad I was. I have been on 60 mg for over a year on top of every ra med you could imagine plus I get injections of pres twice a month,we rotate every joint from my neck to my legs. And yes it is s miracle work since nothing else has helped but it has made me so fat,60 lbs in two years with a found face. It also causes serious side effects with diabetes. I wish I could get off of it, I stopped on my own once and was in sever pain and felt like I had the flu and my rhum.Dr from John Hopkins said I had withdrawls.

January 18, 2014 1:43 PM

Review by Guest*:

For Ulcerative Colitis: Prednisone works well when it needs to, but the side effects are horrible. I'm only 16, had my first flare when I was 14. I ended up on prednisone for almost 6 months while trying to find a treatment that worked for me (Asacol, then Remicade, etc.) and it did keep my flare in check. While I was on it, I had a huge appetite and ended up gaining close to 20 pounds. My face also got swollen, and I grew hair in some gross places like the back of my neck. After I was off it I slowly returned to my normal weight and most of the side effects disappeared. The side effects are a bummer, but other than that it does it's job.

December 31, 2013 10:02 AM

Review by Spriggo2 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Gouty Arthritis: Prednisone has been a miracle for me. I have stage 4 Polycystic Kidney Disease, and my uric acid levels are really high. I suffer from chronic, crippling gout in my feet, ankles, and knees. It never goes away. I've started Uloric but the gout hasn't subsided. It was to the point that my job was in jeopardy. The only thing I could take for the pain was Tylenol. My Nephrologist prescribed Prednisone, and after 1 day all gout pain had subsided. Blessed relief! After a week, the edema in my feet had disappeared. My side effects include acne, increased appetite, constipation and some insomnia, but I'll take all of it if it means no more gout pain.

December 4, 2013 11:23 AM

Review by RHK:

For Inflammatory Conditions: I have been diagnosed with lupus (SLE) and had fluid around my lungs and heart caused by an inflamation iin the body. After corrective surgery was put on 10 mg prednisone 3times a day. Felt an immediate improvement in my overall health with no side effects. Now down to one 10 mg pill per day.

November 7, 2013 4:27 PM

Review by Alvill:

For Allergic Reactions: I had severe allergic reaction to shellfish twice and I took prednisone 10 mg for 5 days. The skin rash and itchiness were gone in 3 days. Six months later I experienced same condition. I suspect this time was caused by taking vitamins. The rash and itchiness were gone in 3 days. I recommend this medicine.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 7, 2013 1:16 AM

Review by Roy Sizemore (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Sterapred DS (prednisone) for Fibromyalgia: 100% accurate.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 3, 2013 8:57 PM

Review by jigg:

Sterapred DS (prednisone) for Cluster Headaches: Sleeplessness.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 15, 2013 3:05 PM

Review by farm life:

For Allergic Reactions: I get poison ivy so bad, and have severe allergic reactions to insect bites, I believe my last bite on the forehead was a horsefly and my eyes were swelling shut as I was swallowing 3 prednisone. I get relief in 20 minutes. I have to keep it on hand and only have to use it for several days.

June 6, 2013 10:20 PM

Review by ACslater (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Allergic Reactions: Prednisone worked wonders on me. It took a few days to start working but once it did it was like night and day for my allergies. It totally kicked them out of my system. This was 5 years ago and I am still allergy free. I have recommended Prednisone to everyone.

April 18, 2013 1:06 PM

Review by EWAL (taken for less than 1 month):

For Eczema: Currently started a prednisone treatment and since i've used it before I'm more aware of the side effects. My suggestion is to take this in the morning. The last time I used this I lost alot of sleep. Drove me to insomnia because of nervousness. Overall the medicine was very effective.

April 18, 2013 11:39 AM