User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Herpes Zoster 0 reviews 10 medications

Herpes Zoster Iridocyclitis 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hypercalcemia of Malignancy 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Iridocyclitis 0 reviews 58 medications Not rated - Be the first
Iritis 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 0 reviews 115 medications Not rated - Be the first
Keratitis 0 reviews 116 medications Not rated - Be the first
Loeffler's Syndrome 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mixed Connective Tissue Disease 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mycosis Fungoides 0 reviews 42 medications Not rated - Be the first
Uveitis, Posterior 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Prednisone reviews 122 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Prednisone

Review by ajit96: User Rating:

prednisone for Inflammatory Conditions: I had COPD with chest pain, also I had shoulder pain due to lifting heavy objects last year. I had started prednisone 20mg x 2 two days back. I shall take it for 5 days. I felt much better on on second day only. Today is third day and I am feeling much better. My COPD symptoms improved very much. Also reduced swelling in my shoulder magically. I had not taken it for shoulder pain but it improved very much. Now I can raise my hand 90 degree which was impossible two days back. My breathless due to smoking related COPD is getting cured. improved upto 60%. Three more days to go, I shall update you.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 10, 2014 2:56 AM
Review by Agorafolks: User Rating:

prednisone for Bursitis: Pain is a lot better, However can't sleep sweats and red face. But it has helped a lot - on 6 day pack hoping I can get back to my regular sleep habits. Feel hungry but not eating extra.

March 3, 2014 2:21 AM
Review by Tomh219 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

prednisone for Ulcerative Colitis: Works like a charm! Very effective. Miserable side effects. I would take this only for emergencies.

February 23, 2014 2:23 AM
Review by Michael be Aryeh (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

prednisone for Inflammatory Conditions: Had terrible pain from a pinched nerve in my neck. For five day I was in agony. They gave me prednisone in the morning after I went to see my doctor and literally by five in the afternoon 80% of the debilitating pain was gone. It was really a miracle.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 12, 2014 11:37 PM
Review by MaxMesa (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

prednisone for Bursitis: Holding off having hip replaced due to money. Tried OTC/ NSAIDs, finally broke down, went to clinic, prescribed prednisone, excellent results, still some pain, but not nearly as severe, lowered the dose from 40mg to 20mg per day, still effective, no side effects beside increased appetite.

February 9, 2014 3:22 PM
Review by Mandie161312: User Rating:

Deltasone (prednisone) for Asthma: Works to help open airways, but made me very moody.

January 28, 2014 11:34 PM
Review by kista50:

prednisone for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I was hospitalized 2 years ago with ra for a week,that's how bad I was. I woke up totally crippled in every joint, it hit me all at once. I have been on predisone since day one,in the hospital I was on 260 mg, get the picture of how bad I was. I have been on 60 mg for over a year on top of every ra med you could imagine plus I get injections of pres twice a month,we rotate every joint from my neck to my legs. And yes it is s miracle work since nothing else has helped but it has made me so fat,60 lbs in two years with a found face. It also causes serious side effects with diabetes. I wish I could get off of it, I stopped on my own once and was in sever pain and felt like I had the flu and my rhum.Dr from John Hopkins said I had withdrawls.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 18, 2014 1:43 PM
Review by Guest*: User Rating:

prednisone for Ulcerative Colitis: Prednisone works well when it needs to, but the side effects are horrible. I'm only 16, had my first flare when I was 14. I ended up on prednisone for almost 6 months while trying to find a treatment that worked for me (Asacol, then Remicade, etc.) and it did keep my flare in check. While I was on it, I had a huge appetite and ended up gaining close to 20 pounds. My face also got swollen, and I grew hair in some gross places like the back of my neck. After I was off it I slowly returned to my normal weight and most of the side effects disappeared. The side effects are a bummer, but other than that it does it's job.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 31, 2013 10:02 AM
Review by Spriggo2 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

prednisone for Gouty Arthritis: Prednisone has been a miracle for me. I have stage 4 Polycystic Kidney Disease, and my uric acid levels are really high. I suffer from chronic, crippling gout in my feet, ankles, and knees. It never goes away. I've started Uloric but the gout hasn't subsided. It was to the point that my job was in jeopardy. The only thing I could take for the pain was Tylenol. My Nephrologist prescribed Prednisone, and after 1 day all gout pain had subsided. Blessed relief! After a week, the edema in my feet had disappeared. My side effects include acne, increased appetite, constipation and some insomnia, but I'll take all of it if it means no more gout pain.

December 4, 2013 11:23 AM
Review by RHK: User Rating:

prednisone for Inflammatory Conditions: I have been diagnosed with lupus (SLE) and had fluid around my lungs and heart caused by an inflamation iin the body. After corrective surgery was put on 10 mg prednisone 3times a day. Felt an immediate improvement in my overall health with no side effects. Now down to one 10 mg pill per day.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 7, 2013 4:27 PM
Review by Alvill: User Rating:

prednisone for Allergic Reactions: I had severe allergic reaction to shellfish twice and I took prednisone 10 mg for 5 days. The skin rash and itchiness were gone in 3 days. Six months later I experienced same condition. I suspect this time was caused by taking vitamins. The rash and itchiness were gone in 3 days. I recommend this medicine.

October 7, 2013 1:16 AM
Review by Roy Sizemore (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Sterapred DS (prednisone) for Fibromyalgia: 100% accurate.

October 3, 2013 8:57 PM
Review by jigg: User Rating:

Sterapred DS (prednisone) for Cluster Headaches: Sleeplessness.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 15, 2013 3:05 PM
Review by farm life: User Rating:

prednisone for Allergic Reactions: I get poison ivy so bad, and have severe allergic reactions to insect bites, I believe my last bite on the forehead was a horsefly and my eyes were swelling shut as I was swallowing 3 prednisone. I get relief in 20 minutes. I have to keep it on hand and only have to use it for several days.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 6, 2013 10:20 PM
Review by ACslater (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

prednisone for Allergic Reactions: Prednisone worked wonders on me. It took a few days to start working but once it did it was like night and day for my allergies. It totally kicked them out of my system. This was 5 years ago and I am still allergy free. I have recommended Prednisone to everyone.

April 18, 2013 1:06 PM
Review by EWAL (taken for less than 1 month):

prednisone for Eczema: Currently started a prednisone treatment and since i've used it before I'm more aware of the side effects. My suggestion is to take this in the morning. The last time I used this I lost alot of sleep. Drove me to insomnia because of nervousness. Overall the medicine was very effective.

April 18, 2013 11:39 AM
Review by stevie poway (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

prednisone for Inflammatory Conditions: Ended up with bad inflammation in the chest. Felt like I was being stabbed while breathing. Other medicines did not work. As soon as I was given my first dose in the E.R., 15 minutes later I was feeling better and not suffering anymore.

February 4, 2013 10:33 AM
Review by MARJ2BFREE (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

prednisone for Inflammatory Bowel Disease: I was diagnosed with crohn's disease in 1976. Since my diagnosis I have had two resections of bowel. The last one in 1986, prednisone has been my only source of relief in the flair up since then. My doctor are reluctant to give it to me any more because of my weight, (i have always been large) and I am diabetic. I had the moon face but the relief it brought was worth it and you can fight the hunger. I am facing a suture at this time with a flare up it was difficult to convince my doctor to allow me to have prednisone short term to get through this flare up. They say they have a new medicine they recommend but I find it very expensive, with insurance, it called budesonide. It is suppose to have fewer side effects.

February 1, 2013 1:16 PM
Review by Sade1960: User Rating:

Meticorten (prednisone) for Skin Rash: Prednisone causes rashes for me.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 22, 2013 8:08 PM
Review by MJDD: User Rating:

prednisone for Allergic Reactions: Took Prednisone for severe amoxicillin allergy. For 24 hours at a time this stopped my tongue from swelling and all hives disappeared.

January 12, 2013 9:47 AM
Review by thankful soul (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

prednisone for Sarcoidosis: I was graduated from initial 40mg to 2.5mg. This was found to be ineffective as I was always in and out of hospital with cough and other symptoms of sarcoidosis. I was later put on 20mg and all symptoms disappeared. My doctor is considering reducing it to 10mg.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 16, 2012 4:38 PM
Review by HockeyMom5 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

prednisone for Fibromyalgia: I suffer from chronic persistent fibromyalgia. My life has been consumed with pain for 3 yrs. My Drs and I have tried Cymbalta, Lyrica, Savella, many pain medicines at many different mgs, muscle relaxers, Valium, I could go on and on with the list of medicines we've tried just to give me some quality of life. Well last week my Dr wrote me a script for prednisone for an upper respiratory infection I've been battling. I am here to tell you that I am on a treadmill now, I feel pain at maybe a 3, which for me a normal day was 6-10. I can handle a silly little 3. I'm not saying this may be a permanent answer, I guess when I go back in a month I will discuss it. But even for a respite I highly advice it!

November 11, 2012 1:19 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

prednisone for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in January of 2012, I tried several medications prescribed by my doctor but nothing helped, I got to where I couldn't even get out of bed, couldn't even turn a door nob so I was a prisoner in my own house, I started taking Prednisone three weeks ago and feel like a new person, no pain at all anywhere. I don't care about any side effects, just to be able to live normally again is worth it to me. For now it has changed my life for the better.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 3, 2012 2:11 PM
Review by hat_hat (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

prednisone for Lymphoma: Taken on days following R-CHOP therapy, and it is an emotional roller coaster at higher doses (100MG per day). However, it did keep inflammation down. I felt very awake and edgy.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 21, 2012 12:27 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

prednisone for Rheumatoid Arthritis: My body was so racked with pain I could hardly move in the morning. Brushing my teeth and combing my hair were major and painful chores. After 4 days on prednisone I am almost pain free. I do experience side effects of insomnia and diarrhea but is worth it to be mobile again!

September 16, 2012 12:15 PM
Page 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Suffering from knee pain? Find out how real people manage OA of the Knee. Watch Video