User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Herpes Zoster 0 reviews 10 medications

Herpes Zoster Iridocyclitis 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hypercalcemia of Malignancy 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Iridocyclitis 0 reviews 43 medications Not rated - Be the first
Iritis 0 reviews 53 medications Not rated - Be the first
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 0 reviews 113 medications Not rated - Be the first
Keratitis 0 reviews 94 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tuberculous Meningitis 0 reviews 37 medications Not rated - Be the first
Uveitis, Posterior 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Prednisone reviews 190 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Prednisone

For Fibromyalgia: "I was given prednisone for 7 yrs, I was told to get off or die. It took me 1 full yr to get off of them as we has to do it mg by mg each month. I got completely off for last 2 months, I cried every day, could hardly walk, started using a cane and wheel chair when I did get up the strength to go out. Two days ago I said SCREW this! I started on just 5mg, today I'm up and walking, no cane, I walked freely!!!! So I die earlier,? At least I'm going out able to hang out with family for as long as I can ! I've told them all my decision, they don't like , but they have their mom back, and can see how much better I am compared to 3 days ago. Yes u can gain weight, I've gained a lot in those 7 yrs,60 pounds. I'm gonna fix that!"

Laural12309 August 27, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "After years of being in pain and having test after test to see why I was exhausted, my doctor placed me on a short course of this. I LOVED IT! 48 hours into it, my pain went from unbearable to really almost unnoticeable. I had never been on it. The absence of constant, debilitating pain in my life was like a miracle. I have been off it now for a few days and the pain is returning. I had no side effects other than a slight increase in appetite. I made sure to take it on time and with food. I was afraid of this drug but prefer it any day over narcotic pain killers which only mask and make me drowsy and sluggish."

Cicic (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2015

For Pharyngitis: "I came down with a fever and severe sore throat over the weekend. Felt like I was swallowing glass. Finally went to the doctor on Sunday and was diagnosed with strep throat. They gave me antibiotics and prednisone. Took my first dose at 7pm Sunday and woke up Monday feeling about 80% better. By Monday evening throat has almost zero pain. Amazing. However it is midnight and I can't fall asleep and just want to get up and clean out a closet so that might be a negative. I will take it over the glass throat though. :)"

Throat (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have suffered for many years with muscle pain from autoimmune conditions. Lately,it seems I have developed polymyalgia rheumatica which meant that my arms , legs and gluteal muscles were incredibly painful. I Couldn't move in bed or walk properly.On 30 mgs of prednisolone for 3 days and then reducing the dose gradually each day. I am at last free of pain...it is marvellous to feel normal again after so long. I am aware of all the side effects but will take as little as possible to relieve the inflammation in my muscles and tendons. One has to be very respectful of this drug but used correctly it has at least given me some respite. I am a 58 year olds female."

JMJ777 August 10, 2015

For Gouty Arthritis: "I had my gout almost a month now but it on and off. For my 1st attacked my Dr. Prescribed me ibupropen 80mg 3x a day and it worked. My second attacked the ibupropen and it didn't help anymore. So I went to my Dr. and he gave me a new medication predinisone 20 mg. Once a day and it works. It took 5 days to heal completely. Then my 3rd attack was just a week apart & I felt pain in my big toe I knew this is going to be in my 3rd attacked in just a month but I managed it with predinisone. Then the next day no more pain in my big toe. It is such a relief. Prednisone is better than colchicine and ibupropen."

We2 August 9, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Had severe lower back pain that would take me to the ground. Only relief was laying flat with feet up. Doctor prescribed a shot of prednisone with 6 day pill regime and pain pills. Second day, pain went from a 10 to a 1 or 2! I did not have to take any of the pain pills."

NEAL L. August 4, 2015

For Fibromyalgia: "Same as many here. Put on 12 day prednisone pack for an allergic rash. 18 years with fibromyalgia and nothing has really helped. After the first day my fibro pain was gone! and during the 12 days I was on it I lost 8 pounds (same diet and same activity level), how can that be? of course all you hear it how bad it is. Tears that there is something that can take away this every day unrelenting pain and I can't have it!"

Mrs.H (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2015

For : "This is the most effective drug, but also the most physically and mentally deteriorating drug. I experienced acne, moon face, hair loss, depression, anxiety, increased appetite but no wight gain. I recommend this but think of the side effects before you take it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2015

For Gouty Arthritis: "Thank you Prednisone you are my best friend. Within 3 hours the I could walk with a limp and little pain. By morning I could wear a shoe on my foot. The swelling was almost completely gone. Gouty Ankle and mid foot."

TooDodd (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I took this for temporal arteritis. I gained 70 lbs., developed moon face, swollen legs and arm. I was unable to sleep at night and was so sleepy during the day, I fell a sleep anywhere. Developed cataracts, had them removed but I still have blurry vision and have not been able to drive in 1-1/2 yrs. Hair is thin and very dry skin. Have a hard time walking due to vision and weakness."

tobio July 16, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had pinched nerve on my left arm which later affected my left leg for almost four months. The mentioned part's of my body was numb with tingling sensation. My both foot was burning! I went for a CT scan and they found that my brain was OK. Did staving diabetics test and was also OK. A doctor prescribed to me a drug called Neurocare plus which worsened it up. They later gave me Lyrica which worsened it up. After reading about Prednislone, i decided buy them over the counter in Africa. Initially i was afraid to use it when i read about immense negative side effects it can cause.I gave it a shot and in a day all terrible sensations were all gone! i used 5 mg for 2 weeks and all the pain on my muscles were also gone!!!! thanks to the drug!"

OKN (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis: "(2005) Diagnosed with UC in Australia. I was hospitalized and put on some very strong doses of Prednisone/Cortisone. first as tablets and then via IV. It made me very irritable and made me worse. I ended up getting a subtotal collectomy/j-pouch (& full recovery) (2015) a few weeks ago, I got a really bad case of poison oak. To treat this I was given a cortisone shot and prednisone to take for a week. For the first time in 10 years and post-surgery I had a flair up with blood in my stool and the urgency to go to the toilet. I stopped the prednisone immediately and it has since subsided. but it gave a me a scare! If you read the side effects it very rarely can exacerbate UC conditions. be mindful if you arent getting better to reevaluate!"

Lucky J. (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2015

For Gouty Arthritis: "I've tried most NSAIDS and non of them work for me when the gout attack is severe. My doc prescribe Prednisone after taking an initial 6 x 5mG I can feel the inflammation draining away. It's absolute bliss"

Gout sufferer July 6, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I suffer from bad urticaria/hives and the anti histamines the doctor prescribed did next to nothing. Prescribed Prednisone, almost instant relief, the only drawback is I stay awake longer, require less sleep, but I'm not tired so no biggy, just wish I had been prescribed this a long time ago. I only take 1 or 2 when the hives are really bad, about once every 2 or 3 weeks."

magyme July 4, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I was put on prednisone for the first time for a rare form of colitis. I was in terrible pain and had to use the bathroom about 20 times a day. I was hospitalized with dehydration and vomiting and the extreme diarrhea. After six days on a high dosage I was much better and sent home on a maintenance regimen of 10 mg. per day. This therapy did not cure my condition but cut down on my frequent hospitalizations. So, to make a long story shorter I was prescribed prednisone in differing strengths for twenty years. At that point prednisone had done so much harm to my body that I insisted on stopping it. I have developed severe osteoporosis and my back is starting to get a "hump". My skin is so thin that it is like tissue paper and I get bruises all over me."

brn2run2 (taken for 10 years or more) July 4, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis: "Female (23) I was diegnosed with UC in 2008 at age 15. Got horrible abdominal pain, I'd roll up in a ball n just cry, frequent bathroom trips, blood clots and dropped down to 100 pounds. I tried several medications none of them worked except prednizone. I agree side affects are horribly I've had different reactions all 3 times I been put on them feeling wired not sleeping till 6am looking like a chip munk, broke out in itchy bumps on my chest jaw line and back, joint pains BUT as others said it did stop my inflammation immediately. After that I was put on azithiroprine and has been the only medication that has controlled my UC thank goodness . Don't let UC control you. You control UC! Always be srtong and very open minded about your disease "

Teresa143 July 3, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I had a full bone scan and found arthritis in almost every joint, worst being knee, wrists fingers, feet and neck. I was prescribed Prednisone and within 1-2 days they worked, however, one of the side effects is weight gain. I do recommend them if you don't mind putting on a lot of weight. I didn't stay on them because of this but have taken full strength Glucosomine every day for years, I think over time they have gradually repaired some damage to the joints. A lot of times I could feel an attack of arthritis coming on, I would feel extremely tired, words even slurred so I would take 1/2 to 1 Prednisone, no pain next day."

Rachael1122 June 29, 2015

For Fibromyalgia: "only concern- prolonged use. (generic form)"

almost instant relief from inflammation June 26, 2015

For Nephrotic Syndrome: "It definitely works well for lowering protein in the urine and facial/digital swelling, yeah. It's good in that sense, and pretty bad in any other. Very noticeable side effects I've experienced include aggression, increased appetite (which once made me fairly overweight), uneven distribution of fat (mostly in the gut and neck), trouble breathing, a constant need to yawn, short breath, wheezing, acne, and high blood pressure. I've had to take more medications just to combat the side effects. It's not always too fast in encouraging urination either, I've had to take diuretics along with it. It also tastes terrible. Like, really really bad."

PinkPuppy (taken for 10 years or more) June 20, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "FINALLY. This is my sixth year of dealing with excruciating herniated disc pain - L4/L5 and just this past month my cervical vertebrae (neck) had inflammation so severe I lost all feeling in my right arm. The pain has been almost unbearable. For the first time ever, I feel that my doctor has addressed the underlying cause, rather than just symptom management!! I am almost afraid to get excited, because it feels almost too good to be true. I even jogged today. The only side effect I've experienced is a bit of weird moodiness thankfully recognized and controllable, and nothing compared to the near nervous-breakdowns I was having because of the pain. Fingers crossed that this time, I can get off the pain meds and get my life back."

Tired of Suffering (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2015

Rayos (prednisone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "Its been around forever but it works well."

Cosmic Debris (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I am only 2 hrs into my first dose of Prednisone but felt compelled to write a review as it was 'It CAN Be Ok" review posted on Dec 26, 2014 that really helped me to actually take it. I had a horrific experience Aug 2014 when my doctor put me on a beta blocker and I had a really bad reaction. I was unaware of what it was then, apparently it was an anxiety/panic attack. Since then I have been afraid to take anything for fear of repeat. I've only been dealing with mild anxiety since that episode, probably because of that episode. New back injury- I was prescribed Pred. I was afraid to take it until I read 12/26/14 post. I took the muscle relaxer 1st 3 hours ahead, took my predn w/ dinner, NO Anxiety! NOTHING! I feel great! Fingers crossed!"

Sweetleigh3 (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2015

For Skin Rash: "I have dealt with an itching face for several months. I was embarrassed for anyone to see my face. After purchasing numerous over the counter creams, without any results, I decided it was time to see the doctor. Thank God for prednisone...the itching went away and my skin is clear."

Finally a solution May 29, 2015

For Fibromyalgia: "I've been suffering from fibromyalgia for over 10 years now..a few months ago I was stricken with Bell's palsy and was given a course of prednisone and Valtrex. Combined, it took away the palsy within a week but it also took away all my pain and stiffness. I've since learned that most people with Fibromyalgia have some type of herpes..herpes virus can also cause bell's palsy. There are many herpes viruses and not all show any outward symptoms. I highly suggest getting tested for all herpes viruses if you suffer from fibromyalgia. I'd bet dollars to donuts you have one type of herpes virus...like cold sores. The combo of low dose anti-inflammatory and the anti-viral is what works. I worked with my doc to find the lowest doses that worked."

Greenmama (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis: "I was hospitalized three times last year for ulcerative colitis and severe anemia. I had tried asacol, sulfasalazine and nothing worked. I was afraid to try the prednisone and when I finally did, it helped immediately. I could kick myself for waiting so long and almost dying from blood loss before I got It. The side effects that I had were insomnia, feeling wired and roid ragey, and after 7 months on it I gained around 50 lbs. It gives you the mad munchies. It's not long term fix because of the long term health risks, diabetes, vision loss, hump neck, weight gain and it also suppresses your immune system. Remicaid worked for me while I was on prednisone, but once I tapered off I had the most terrible joint pain and arthralgia and edema."

mjmax79 May 24, 2015