User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Herpes Zoster 0 reviews 10 medications

Herpes Zoster Iridocyclitis 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hypercalcemia of Malignancy 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Iridocyclitis 0 reviews 58 medications Not rated - Be the first
Iritis 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 0 reviews 113 medications Not rated - Be the first
Keratitis 0 reviews 117 medications Not rated - Be the first
Loeffler's Syndrome 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mixed Connective Tissue Disease 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mycosis Fungoides 0 reviews 42 medications Not rated - Be the first
Uveitis, Posterior 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Prednisone reviews 142 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Prednisone

Review by It CAN be ok, really. (taken for less than 1 month):

For Inflammatory Conditions: I'd heard terrible things about prednisone and elected to not take it when it was prescribed last year for a running injury. I injured my back last week and could not move without shooting pain. I was prescribed 60mg of prednisone for 5 days as well as a muscle relaxer and hydrocodone. I was very apprehensive because I'm prone to anxiety attacks and had heard that prednisone can make you anxious. I was in enough pain I was willing to try anything and in the five days I took the prednisone I had zero side effects. None. I wasn't hungry all of the time, or emotional, or anxious. And, I felt great after two days and stopped taking the muscle relaxers and pain medication.

December 26, 2014 3:45 PM

Review by emt26 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Inflammatory Conditions: Had a terrible hacking uncontrollable at times embarrassing cough for 8 weeks was put on 4 different scripts, finally after none of them worked, I was put on prednisone. I took my first dose around noon today, it's now 8pm and the cough is gone. I also have Plantar Fasciatis I'm sitting here amazed that the heel pain is totally gone and I'm able to walk pain free. I know it's benefits will be short lived with the heel pain but at this point I'll take any relief I can get.

December 21, 2014 7:16 PM

Review by Jonnyguy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Ulcerative Colitis: I'm 49 - diagnosed at 13 with Ulcerative Colitis. I've had 2 flares over the past 20 years. Both times prednisone worked for me. The most recent flare was last year...my doc was very hesitant to prescribe prednisone due to potential side effect (even though I told him I never had side effects in the past). He tried a lot of things that did nothing for me....Apriso, Uceris, were medicines I remember. After suffering for 3 months he put me on prednisone. It worked like magic within a week and a half! Like someone flicked a switch, all of my terrible symptoms disappeared. Extra energy was the only side effect!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 19, 2014 12:20 PM

Review by YojStamaria:

For Gouty Arthritis: A few hours after taking this and the swelling on my feet due to gout has subsided. Colchicine, Celecoxib and Etoricoxib does not work for me this worked like a charm.

December 3, 2014 11:53 AM

Review by kyrst:

For Gouty Arthritis: Wonderful medicine for gout pain. I have been fighting gout for 7 years and I'm fairly young. My attacks have moved from the left big toe to the right big toe to the little toes now its taken my whole left side of my left foot. Colchicine and Vicodin didn't give me relief. Went back to the doctor got a steroid shot and some prednisone was walking within hours all the swelling that caused me excruciating was cleared. It's better than Indocin too me, trust me on this give it a try.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 1, 2014 8:40 PM

Review by Kalawai:

For Gouty Arthritis: Have been getting gout on and off for over ten yrs. In the beginning 1-2 times a year now much more frequent. I would take indomethacin, and although it would make me dizzy it seemed to help acute attacks. I didn't feel ready to take a daily pill, like allopurinal or Colchicine. I finally caved in after last attack in my ankle, that lasted a month, and my Doc started me on allopurinol. It seemed to make things worse! Then a friend suggested prednisone. In 24 hrs my ankle is almost 100% better! (4 doses of 20 mgs- 80 mgs total) awesome results!

November 29, 2014 3:06 AM

Review by Christine8585:

For Allergic Reactions: I'm very allergic to certain pet dander, my eyes swell shut and itch. I also get an itchy rash on my forehead, neck, inner forearms and sides (probably I'm causing it to spread when I itch). When it gets bad I get a corticosteroid shot and prednisone. Within 24 hours all the inflammation has subsided. I would take it more often if it weren't so harmful for my body.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 27, 2014 3:45 PM

Review by winnierenee (taken for less than 1 month):

For Fibromyalgia: I have had Fibromyalgia for twenty years. When I had a bout of poison ivy, my doctor put me on the prednisone step pack. All my pain was gone. I felt great. When I told the doctor about the results, she told me it was dangerous. My Endo told me the same thing.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 13, 2014 9:16 AM

Review by Mr Logger (taken for less than 1 month):

For Gouty Arthritis: Been experiencing large hives on feet and hands for several years due to chronic Lyme. When first started experiencing joint pain in mid foot joint between small toe and ankle I assumed it was more of the same but did not go away in the typical 24 hrs last week. In fact it got worse over several days while traveling for work. When I got to my daughter's she made me see a doctor immediately and was diagnosed with gout. They prescribed 3-20 mg for 3 days with 1/2 tab reduction each 3 days until completing script. Pain subsided within 30 min of first day but pain did reoccur approx 18 hrs later as prednisone wore off. I took 2nd dose same results decreased inflammation and better mobility. Its been 13 hours and cannot sleep, foot feels hot.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 10, 2014 1:34 AM

Review by Sweetdart:

For Gouty Arthritis: Prednisone is amazing! I had a gouty arthritis for 8 years. My gouty arthritis starts after I had kidney stones 9 years ago. My uric acid and creatinine is very high in the blood laboratory test. Doctor prescribed me allopurinol & colchicine but when I try prednisone because it was recommended to me by a friend, it was better than colchicine. I try to intake 30mg a day after 4 days my gout was gone. I don't recommend prednisone to use it for long period of time because it lowers your immune system. Use only when you needed it, if this medicine could not cure your gout, stop immediately to avoid side effects.

November 9, 2014 7:17 AM

Review by Boggins (taken for less than 1 month):

For Cluster Headaches: Taking the medicine 60mg (reducing by 5 mg per day over 1 week) worked until the dosage got down to 40 mg, then the headaches came back and the medicine was not effective at all. I am now on my second week of the same approach from my doctor and am writing this as at 04:00. I woke up at 02:00 and have not been able to sleep since. But, only 'normal' headaches so far.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 3, 2014 11:14 PM

Review by daxton (taken for less than 1 month):

For COPD: I have COPD. Experienced an exacerbation of the condition one evening. Went to ER. Coughing, shortness of breath and difficult breathing. I was given a Nebulizer treatment with the medication Albuterol Sulfate in ER and sent home with a Nebulizer machine to do the breathing treatment 2 x daily, AM and PM. Also, given 2 Prednisone before leaving ER with prescription for 14 tabs taken at various intervals until gone. I really felt great, full of energy, but as down to last of the medicine, feeling very achy all over, rather flu like. I know it is going off the Prednisone, as have taken it before some time ago, and you just kind of "crash" when you stop.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 15, 2014 4:08 PM

For Gouty Arthritis: I've been getting chronic gout for about 9 years. Was given Prednisone for the first time last week (50mg once a day) it seems to work fast but I found that the pain starts coming back between doses. Still find it to be working better than the usual indomethacin and colchicine. The only side effect I've noticed is trouble sleeping.

August 25, 2014 9:00 AM

Review by Working man (taken for less than 1 month):

For Inflammatory Conditions: Prednisone really surprised me as a miracle for severe pain. Previously I only knew about opiate painkillers. Reason: I suddenly couldn't walk or stand on one foot - severe throbbing pain. Hastily diagnosed as plantar fascitiis, but I didn't respond to the NSAID prescribed. Went to get a second opinion, as I'm convinced I've got a fracture. Anyhow, after *stressing* how severe my pain was, the second doctor gave me prednisone, oral tablets. My god, it's a miracle. I can walk again. And I feel like a million bucks to boot (euphoric side-effect?). I can still feel the pain slightly, but somehow the prednisone has got me to where I don't mind walking on it. I never knew that prednisone was a miracle severe pain-killer, but I know it now.

August 3, 2014 6:05 PM

Review by lc2008:

For Asthma: I usually have my two big asthma attacks a year which is awful but prednisone helps a lot. I find the breathing comes back quickly but the side effects are horrible I have a count down going on for how many days left on I every time I'm on it but in the end it does miracles for me, the sweating is the worst part.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 28, 2014 8:48 PM

Review by D.J.:

For Sinusitis: Constipation, then diarrhea, severe congestion, lung burning from severe cough, lots of snot & mucus in lungs, extreme fatigue.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 19, 2014 2:14 PM

Review by yellalot:

For Eczema: I have Eczema on my scalp and around my eyes. My eyes crack and bleed and look awful. I have asthma & allergies and now the eczema. So if I have a important function I start the prednisone a couple days before. I always take it in the morning with food & milk. I have been on prednisone for a long time off and on with my asthma so I know the side effects.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 17, 2014 9:48 AM

Review by Niya2615:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in 2012. Sept 2013 was the last time I wore a pair heels & have been living with severe pains throughout my entire body. I had seen 5 different doctors, pres. Methotrexate & HCQS, but I would still be in so much pain, crying had become a normal part of my day. I was advised to see a sixth doctor (which I was not anxious to do) who was the only person to prescribe prednisolone. The very first day(2014/06/04), I was given IV Hydrocorticoid and 30mg Prednisone. Before the day ended, I was feeling so much better. To date, I'm on 20mg and Sulfasalazine and I'm back at work, run up & down stairs and so much happier to be like my old self. I do worry about the side effects since I already gained weight but I am so much better.

June 24, 2014 7:34 PM

Review by small town mom:

For Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: This medication does work great. However, the side effects are no fun. It cause weight gain, mood swings, and a host of other side effects. If the bad side effects were not there, I would definitely stay on this medication, because it helps so much with the pain and all of the other medical conditions that Lupus can cause.

May 28, 2014 9:21 AM

Review by BGM0512 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Deltasone (prednisone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Because of the length of time on Prednisone, I now look like a moon-faced pregnant linebacker. BUT, it has been the ONLY medicine since diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis that has given me any relief close to being able to function. I've been warned of the serious side effects, but with medicines everything is a trade off in my opinion. Without Prednisone, I may be out of bed a total of 2 hrs per 24hr period--& that's a GOOD day!

May 27, 2014 8:21 PM

Review by ajit96:

For Inflammatory Conditions: I had COPD with chest pain, also I had shoulder pain due to lifting heavy objects last year. I had started prednisone 20mg x 2 two days back. I shall take it for 5 days. I felt much better on on second day only. Today is third day and I am feeling much better. My COPD symptoms improved very much. Also reduced swelling in my shoulder magically. I had not taken it for shoulder pain but it improved very much. Now I can raise my hand 90 degree which was impossible two days back. My breathless due to smoking related COPD is getting cured. improved upto 60%. Three more days to go, I shall update you.

April 10, 2014 2:56 AM

Review by Agorafolks:

For Bursitis: Pain is a lot better, However can't sleep sweats and red face. But it has helped a lot - on 6 day pack hoping I can get back to my regular sleep habits. Feel hungry but not eating extra.

March 3, 2014 2:21 AM

Review by Tomh219 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Ulcerative Colitis: Works like a charm! Very effective. Miserable side effects. I would take this only for emergencies.

February 23, 2014 2:23 AM

Review by Michael be Aryeh (taken for less than 1 month):

For Inflammatory Conditions: Had terrible pain from a pinched nerve in my neck. For five day I was in agony. They gave me prednisone in the morning after I went to see my doctor and literally by five in the afternoon 80% of the debilitating pain was gone. It was really a miracle.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 12, 2014 11:37 PM

Review by MaxMesa (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bursitis: Holding off having hip replaced due to money. Tried OTC/ NSAIDs, finally broke down, went to clinic, prescribed prednisone, excellent results, still some pain, but not nearly as severe, lowered the dose from 40mg to 20mg per day, still effective, no side effects beside increased appetite.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate