User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura 1 reviews 87 medications

Uveitis, Posterior 1 reviews 38 medications

Epicondylitis, Tennis Elbow 1 reviews 38 medications

Summary of Prednisone reviews 257 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Prednisone

For Gouty Arthritis: "Daddy Bean. Your symptoms/attacks are identical to my own. Currently on 700mg Alopurinon and due another 6 monthly check in 2 weeks. I'm 4 weeks into my latest attack which has primarily been right knee - only has left to linger on right, then left foot to left knee and back to right knee where it's made itself at home for the last 4 days. This is the worst acute attack I've had in 15 years. Still not diagnosed as gout as it moves and comes as quickly as it goes. Hopefully rhumatologist will investigate pseudo gout (calcium) or more likely Palindromic Rheumatism - would be really keen to hear from anyone who may have experience with this. Anyway Prednesolone is the only thing that seems to touch this at the moment. 6 tabs first thing."

Kiwikodi (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2016

For Asthma: "I have Bipolar disorder & was given this medication for an infection; 48 hours later I was manic, 72 hours later I became delusional and was experiencing psychosis, unable to identify family & my home. It was very scary because it hit so quick & I didn't know what was happening to me. I am stable & on regimented medication/lifestyle practices. Found out those with Bipolar should always try to shy from this RX & other steroids. Be careful if you have a mental illness, discuss other options with your doctor, please don't go through my very negative experience."

crazydude81 (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "I have been given prednisone for a bout of poison ivy and another time for bronchitis. Each I am unable to sleep, concentrate, and have insane pain in my legs. I hate this stuff. Makes me feel like I'm flaring. So much joint pain. But my sick gets better so I suck it up."

Hate it (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2016

For Gouty Arthritis: "The prednisone is the drug that works. I went to get a shot of steroids, but my doctor was in the hospital. (Ha) I had been taking indocin , Colcrys, and Vicodin. The indocin seems to work on very mild attacks, if I take it right away. However, this latest attack turned into an acute one. I had a dorsal pack of methprednasone in my medicine chest, that I was saving. This was a good test proving that , for me, the steroid , prednisone, was the operative drug. In the dorsal pack, you start off with two 4 mil. Pills. Within 2 hours signification pain loss. By the end of the day, the word miracle was appropriate. This is the start of my 3rd day and it looks like it's almost completely gone!! Thank you God for this medication."

Glenn with gout April 27, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Manufactured by Qualitest Pharmaceuticals. This was a unit of use package for a five day use starting with a higher dosage and going down to one pill on the last day. Very poor instructions on how to remove the pills from the card. I ended up having to cut them out with a razor blade. I would rate Ease of Use at a 1."

rbelllebec April 25, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "Today is day 6 and my last day (1 tablet) of prednisone. It is a miracle I guess. I have absolutely no pain and before this administration of these drugs, I wondered whether life was worth the pain. Back to the doctor to get results for 2nd round of blood tests but fibromyalgia certainly looks to be the culprit. Wonder how long this great pain relief will last?"

Lynda C April 25, 2016

For COPD: "Made me hungry I gained weight"

peppylady (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Diagnosed with early RA six weeks after onset of symptoms in almost every joint. Put on 10 day course of decreasing dosage and experience relieve with in the first 6 hours. No longer on Pred but take 2 grams sulfazine daily and symptoms, although still painful, are decreasing after 35 days. Assume that when or if a flare up occurs Pred, will be prescribed."

fat dog (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have Major Depressive Disorder and have been through a lot to get the right combination of anti-depressants to actual help me. I was put on Prednisone for systemic inflammation. The second day my mood just dropped. It felt like I had no anti-depressants in my system at all. It was awful. My PCP and therapist helped me through the worst part, but I don't think I will ever take Prednisone again. My taper was finished yesterday and today the pain is back. I rather deal with the physical pain than the depression. Nasty side effect. On the bright side; it did help with the inflammation and pain, even though it was temporary."

F33.2 April 19, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "I have just taken prednisalone for the first time for a moderate exacerbation of asthma. For the first time in 28 years I was pain free. I kept telling my husband that despite how sick I was with pneumonia I felt so relaxed and I realised I had no pain. Now I know how normal people feel I could cry. You can't take it forever due to the effects on your body but gosh I sure wish they could work on something that worked the same without the side effects.meanwhile I am trying to readjust to pain again and feeling heartbroken that I have to live with fibromyalgia."

Liverpoollass (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis: "50 yr old male/23 years with disease- Currently taking 30 mg of prednisone, weaning from 60. 2nd time since Nov 15. Also use Masalmine Enema, Canasa Suppository, and Remicade every 6 weeks by infusion. I am the lucky person, I am guessing, that did not have the increased appitite, moon face, or roid rage. My sex drive is extremely low and I have dry eye syndrome, headache, acne, dizziness."

Hate this Disease (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 18, 2016

For Gouty Arthritis: "Rare attacks, but when they hit, they're bad. Atypical, knee, ankle, 5th metatarsal (long foot bone behind the little toe), but always only one joint at a time, and never the big toe. Severe pain, can't bear any weight on that side. This last time around, acetaminophen, ibuprofen, naproxen had no effect whatsoever; hydrocodone took the leading edge off but that's all. After first dose of Prednisone, 80% pain reduction in 12 hours, remaining pain disappeared completely over the following 2-3 days."

DaddyBean (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "Made me gain 140lbs over 6 years, no one told me about how steroids affect your sugar and insulin. I'm now diabetic. If you use this medicine I would strongly recommend talking to doctor about a carb free sugar free diet to avoid weight gain and diabetes. Did not help with pain at all. Helped me regain control of severe asthma for that I'm grateful."

Alicealwaysfalls (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 15, 2016

For Pharyngitis: "I was prescribed this medicine on the first day when my sore throat developed. It didn't help me at all, In fact after 2 days of taking it, I felt weaker, body aching and my throat remained painful and I became giddy. When I googled the details, I realised it suppressed my immune system and it contains steroid and not suitable for people with thyroid disorder like myself (hypo thyroid). I won't take this medicine again."

ThyroidPatient April 2, 2016

For Nephrotic Syndrome: "prednisone did help my 2yrs old daughter go into remission with nephrotic syndrome thank god , and she was on lasiks and melatonin and blood pressure meds for a short time . the side effects were weight gain, spurts of anger and aggression and a lot of whinning . she completely changed ! I'm definetly looking into other meds if this does come back . do your homework and check statistics on meds and how many children have been tested using all the meds . thanks"

caring parent 13 March 27, 2016

For Allergic Reactions: "I must of suffered nearly every reaction on the list after on one day.I do have breathlessness and irregular heart beat.still trying to recover without medication.I am allergic to many antibiotics."

No nickname Stella Keenan (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2016

For Skin Rash: "I have been dealing with an itchy, red, flaky rash on my face, (chin area) for a few months. I've tried just about every over the counter cream and ointments recommended by doctors. The PA I work with suggested prednisone for a weeks time. Two 20mg for the first dose, then one 20mg tablet twice a day for 5 days. I took my first dose at 630pm and by 7am next morning my rash was 75% gone. Heard weight gain is a huge side effect from the meds but I can live with that over the embarrassing rash I had for months."

Mello54 March 26, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Worked better than infusions and other oral prescriptions . I have seronegative RA"

Sierra5 March 24, 2016

For Gouty Arthritis: "I have been battling gout for almost a year. I have found Prednisone to be very effective for swelling (which is what my Dr. prescribed it for) in conjunction with Uloric and a pain medication. Prednisone is not a pain medication, however it does reduce swelling, in turn reducing pressure to relieve pain. The only drawback of Prednisone is that it can reduce kidney function if used continuously. I do recommend prednisone to reduce the swelling from gout."

Mallues (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 9, 2016

For Osteoarthritis: "I took this more pain in my shoulder - I had a shoulder replacement years ago. I have had trouble with my bowels for years, colitis, diarrhea, etc. I usually take 2 loperamide to keep it somewhat under control. The very next day after taking prednisone, my bowels suddenly calmed down. I feel like a changed person. I have been experiencing normal bowels now for 4 days so far, no explosions, sudden urges to evacuate. Next time I talk with my primary physician, I will tell her about this."

LZimmmmm March 7, 2016

For Sarcoidosis: "Taking prednisone for 6 weeks starting 60mg daily. After first week it significantly reduced chest pain. In week 5, dosage was already at 40mg, started feeling anxiety, tremors, increased blood pressure and heart beat 114-125, blurry vision, diahrrea, low potassium, decreased thyroid function, increased glucoze, and muscle weakness in legs. Dr reduced dosage to 20mg and prescribed potassium supplement. K came back to normal within a week. Now still on 20mg prednisone. So far my inflammation in mediastinal lymph nodes did NOT shrink and still having chest pain. Working on the right dosage and length of treatment."

GiMysz (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2016

For Gouty Arthritis: "I was off my feet in bed for 48 hours in terrible pain. Could not use the other meds I had since I was on heart meds. Doc put me on pred and the inflammation began to lift in a few hours. This was way better than any other med I had in the past for gout."

Jsmitty70 February 29, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I've been dealing with nagging neck and shoulder pain for almost 2 months now. Stemming from a hard fall on ice, resulting in a severe concussion, back sprain, and whiplash. Last week when I was trying to stretch my neck to relieve the nagging ache. Pulling my head to the right I heard a loud pop and a sudden release. And then, oh boy, not 30 seconds later, extreme pain. Unbearable pain. Referring down my arm to my middle fingers. Having had four herniated lumbar discs and two surgeries as a result, I immediately thought I'd herniated or torn a disc. As the painkillers, muscle relaxants, and physio did not help. My doctor put me on a 5 day steroid taper. I was skeptic. But it started working within 24 hours. This is literally saving my life."

IvyBean (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Prednisone has been a saviour at being a quick fix in getting rid of my crippling RA symptoms. Started on 10mg a day with no side affects. Now into my 7th week on it and tapered down to 7.5mg I'm getting terrible side affects. Agitation, anxiety, mood swings, awful insomnia which worsens the mood swings and the lack of sleep then causes its own lot of side affects. I'm not sure what's worse right at this moment - pain in all my limb joints or these aggravating side affects?! I am writing this at a peak of a pouty mood swing though. I don't do well without sleep and 3 nights in a row with just a few hours between them is it. On a positive note I am almost fully mobile when on the drug. So I highly recommend it for short term use."

Dunnoifamcomingorgoin (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Terrible pain in hip and shoulder, two hours after first 60 mg dose completely pain free. Everywhere in my body. Side effects started immediately, severe anxiety, dry mouth, could not sleep, paranoia. By day five severe rectal bleeding from being constipated. Doctor lowered the dose still had side effects. I stopped the meds pain is all back with a vengeance 24 hours after last dose. Side effects scary as hell"

Ffffffl (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2016