User Reviews for Methyl salicylate

Also known as: Absorbine Jr., Aloe Vera Liniment, Analgesic Balm, Analgesic Balm Greaseless, Arthricare Cream, Banalg, Banalg Hospital Strength, Bengay, BENGAY Arthritis, BENGAY Original, BENGAY Ultra, BENGAY Vanishing Scent, Boroleum, Castiva Cooling, Cold & Hot Pain Relief, ...show all 56 brand names

Learn more about Methyl salicylate.

Muscle Pain 3 reviews 300 medications

Rheumatoid Arthritis 0 reviews 359 medications

Osteoarthritis 0 reviews 363 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Methyl salicylate reviews 3 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Methyl salicylate

Review by mjb and 5 others (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Salonpas Pain Gel (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: I have tried all types of pain relief. Finally I found Salonpas gel on the shelf at Walgreens. I'm a nurse and the long hours are taking a toll on my back and hips. I must say it works wonders. It's worth the odor, which goes away after a while. I have shared the Salonpas gel with 5 of my friends and co-workers. They all love it. Unfortunately the price has increased since I started using it. Anyway I can get coupons? Greatly recommended. Even better than steroid injections and pain pills.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 14, 2015 8:39 PM

Review by Nathalie C. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Salonpas Pain Gel (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: I have bursitis in both hips that developed prior to back surgery. The pain is bearable during the day, but at night, I wake up with pain because I'm a side sleeper. I started using Salonpas gel and, I have been able to sleep through the night without waking. I get cortizone injections when needed, but when I can't get an appointment quick enough, this is fantastic! And for roughly $8.00 at Walmart... you can't beat it!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 26, 2014 5:19 PM

Review by fenix7:

Salonpas Pain Patch (methyl salicylate) for Muscle Pain: The adhesive used for these particular patches works a lot better than the other comparable products on the market by far. As long as you get them on straight and unwrinkled the first time, they will stay on for virtually as long as they last, which also happens to exceed comparable products by far. Couple this with the much less expensive price and you have three reasons why this is simply a superior product to the others. It should be noted that the one time I almost bought another name brand product similar to that of SalonPas, the pharmacist, without solicitation or knowing I had a preferance, recommended I go elsewhere to find SalonPas, as they were far superior in his opinion as well.

June 7, 2010 7:45 PM