User Reviews for Meloxicam

Also known as: Mobic

Learn more about Meloxicam.

Tendonitis 14 reviews 33 medications

6.4
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 0 reviews 113 medications

Summary of Meloxicam reviews 194 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Meloxicam

For Inflammatory Conditions: "My significant other died within 5 days of starting this medication. Please double check with your prescriber before starting this medication, as this was the only different one he began to use. We believe he died from a massive stroke."

Pooch76 (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Took Voix years ago and began to have heart fluttering spells.Later it was taken off the market by the FDA.Now I have taken meloxicanan for a few years and started having the same fluttering in my heart.So I stopped taking it for about a year now and the fluttering stopped.Now I don't take any anti inflammatory drugs. I Don't trust generics at all and people should get educated on what drug companies are getting away with."

Gregthescottish August 18, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I was prescribed this by my doctor for my swollen knee after receiving my first cortisone injection. I started noticing I was always dehydrated. I was ok with that cause it relieved the swelling in my knee, but then the headaches started. It was dull at first, but always in the bottom right side of my head. They progressively got worse. Within a week of my first dose, I had to stop taking it. It took 3 days before the headaches stopped. Never will I take that again."

Dissatisfied Customer (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Mildly effective for phlebitis and sinusitis"

Nancy Brace (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 16, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "It's 10 weeks after breaking my hip after falling off my bike. (62 yr old female) I greatly prefer Meloxicam (15 mg taken before exercise) to pain meds. No side effects in my case. It's aided in my rehab (stationary bicycle, resistance training, stretching and landscape work) because pain is not inhibiting my efforts to strengthen muscles. Can walk with more normal gait. Seeing daily progress. Note: the low cost for my medications is because I'm living in Europe, where one just pays for the actual cost of goods."

Landscape Artist (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Bent over and lower back went out. Left shoulder was already hurting for months. No diagnosis but doctor started me on Mobic and PT. Back pain is gone after one month but both shoulders are so painful I can't sleep at all. Having a lot of wheezing and just started running fever for no reason. I am thinking I may have to quit taking it."

Tn bubba (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have a low tolerance to medication and most pain relief but have Been taking meloxicam for over three years with lansoprazole to protect stomach and I have had no problems at all no side affects and I have found its the best pain relief available for a number of spinal injuries/kneck injury"

Howard1972 July 13, 2015

For Osteoarthritis: "took meloxicam 15mg took 2 hours before I started to have pain relief and lasted 18 hours. Good!!"

15mg dolly34 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 11, 2015

For Osteoarthritis: "I have tried over a dozen different NSAIDs over the years. The most effective was indomethacin but the side effects make it intolerable. Nothing I have tried works as well as meloxicam with no apparent side effects."

YinFu (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 2, 2015

For Osteoarthritis: "I went to the doctor with great pain in my knee from broken Cartilage and arthritis. Have been taking ibuprofen around three times a day and it would help some but Just one of these each day after breakfast and I am great. I am 65 years of age a female and played golf yesterday with no pain. So far I am having no side effects but have only been on the med for three days"

Debirdie June 28, 2015

Mobic (meloxicam) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Dry Mouth Severe Gum Soreness and pain"

Himshah (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I was amazed how fast this worked. I was having sciatic back pain and nothing was helping. It took away almost all my pain. Meds usually upset my stomach but this did not as long as I ate a small snack with it."

PLB (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 23, 2015

For Osteoarthritis: "Meloxicam worked great for my knees for about 4 years. As my arthritis worsened, it didn't work as well. About 3 months ago, I was getting no relief from it. I think it's a good medication for milder pain levels. I experienced no side effects."

Moontiger762 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 18, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Just wanted to say this medication helped my lower back pain immensely. My lower back had been sending nerve pain down both my legs - the pain has been horrible. Meloxicam totally works. But....I'm not giving it higher score because it made me cos of side effects after taking it 3 days straight (7.5 mg/once day). I seriously thought I had the flu at first and was going to throw up. Then felt a twisting knife-like pain in my stomach. Eventually , I drank some Kefir and ate a cracker and felt 80% better. But it really did a number of my stomach. I will only take it now when desperate for pain relief. Also, it caused me severe stomach bloating."

KatelynsBack June 1, 2015

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: "Does little to nothing."

kalesh (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 25, 2015

For Osteoarthritis: "I am 63 yr old softball playing male who developed severe knee pain. My orthopedic doctor told me arthritis and wrote me a prescription of 7.5 mg Meloxicam once a day. I tried to get through my week with 2 or 3 pills due to possible bad side effects. I found that it works much better if you take daily. This drug is much better than over the counter meds. I wish the side effects were not so severe but I do enjoy walking and my softball again."

eddyl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2015

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: "Reduced my pain by 80% and lets me live a normal life again!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I've had neck pain, stiffness and tightness for over almost 3 years. After visiting primary care physicians, orthopedics, orthopedic surgeons, pain clinics, neurologists and neuro-surgeons and have been on all kinds of medications and have had an MRI, Neck X-Rays, etc. and I finally decided to visit a Spine Specialist and WOW, I should have visited her first. She put me on Meloxicam which I have been for two weeks and can feel a major difference. I have not had to take pain pills, nsaids, heat/cold therapy, tens machine, etc. because this medication is working like a miracle, I am thrilled with the way I feel. For the first time in almost 3 years I can move my neck around without cringing with pain, tightness and stiffness. KUDOS!"

Necky May 4, 2015

For Osteoarthritis: "Put me through more pain than I was in. Sweating, my stomach got tore up, heart burn and I ate a full meal, feel nauseated, bloated. I didn't realize it but this is the second time I've been prescribed this drug by a different doctor and I won't forget next time. The side effects from this drug are insane and I can't believe they feed this crap to people. They use this stuff on dogs why are they using it on people? They should stop giving this to animals in my opinion if it causes this much pain."

HEMIII (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2015

For Osteoarthritis: "I first had Polymyalgia, took Prednisone for a year, will not take it again! I found a new Dr. Put me on Meloxicam for osteoarthritis and it works so well. I highly recommend and I am not much into putting these meds in my body, but so far so good!!"

Nancy Lou (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2015

For Osteoarthritis: "In 1976 I had a motorcycle accident & tore the cartilage in my knee. Back then, they didn't know any better & my cartilage was surgically removed. I have rubbed bone on bone for 38 years & suffer from osteoarthritis. I have taken MANY pills for pain relief & nothing has really seemed to give me relief until now. I took my first 15mg dose on Tuesday evening. The very next morning I was able to get out of bed and walk with nearly no pain. In addition, the swelling in my leg was significantly reduced. I highly recommend talking to your Dr. about prescribing this to you for osteoarthritis."

Dee M April 19, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have been on a monthly shot of Meloxicam for 3 years, and it is the only medication that almost erases my pain due to swollen joints caused by Lyme disease."

Ninki (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 15, 2015

For Osteoarthritis: "I may be young at heart, but at 48 I am being told I have the hip of a "90 year old." I have been suffering from left hip OA pain for the past 10 years. Up until 1 year ago, injections have eased the pain. Unfortunately they are no longer effective and I am told I must have a hip replacement. I have been using ibuprofen, then Aleve, then prescription Celebrex, with minimal relief. Just 5 days ago I consulted with a surgeon who stopped other NSAIDS and started me on meloxicam. I was leery but gave it a try. The following day I was amazed at the relief I received. I can now walk stairs with minor difficulty, compared to maximum difficulty before. I would have definitely recommend to anyone suffering from OA pain."

young-at-heart (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have compressed vertebrae in my lower back, so I get serious pain there on occasion (thankfully rare occasions). My Orthopedic doctor prescribed the 15mg dosage (30 pills). When I saw that this was an NSAID, I thought of Naproxin, Ibuprofen etc. (drug store stuff which doesn't even cure a headache for me). But this stuff is way different. After the first pill, I noticed a marked pain reduction which would never happen even if I took ten Naproxens or Ibuprofen tablets, and no side effects either. This is good stuff!"

Dragon52 (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2015

Mobic (meloxicam) for Tendonitis: "My swollen ankle is finally back to normal thanks to Mobic. The medicine really works and reduces instantaneously!"

Sabrina Norelll March 28, 2015