User Reviews for Meloxicam

Also known as: Mobic

Learn more about Meloxicam.

Tendonitis 14 reviews 33 medications

6.4
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 0 reviews 113 medications

Summary of Meloxicam reviews 179 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Meloxicam

For Osteoarthritis: "I am 63 yr old softball playing male who developed severe knee pain. My orthopedic doctor told me arthritis and wrote me a prescription of 7.5 mg Meloxicam once a day. I tried to get through my week with 2 or 3 pills due to possible bad side effects. I found that it works much better if you take daily. This drug is much better than over the counter meds. I wish the side effects were not so severe but I do enjoy walking and my softball again."

eddyl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2015

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: "Reduced my pain by 80% and lets me live a normal life again!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I've had neck pain, stiffness and tightness for over almost 3 years. After visiting primary care physicians, orthopedics, orthopedic surgeons, pain clinics, neurologists and neuro-surgeons and have been on all kinds of medications and have had an MRI, Neck X-Rays, etc. and I finally decided to visit a Spine Specialist and WOW, I should have visited her first. She put me on Meloxicam which I have been for two weeks and can feel a major difference. I have not had to take pain pills, nsaids, heat/cold therapy, tens machine, etc. because this medication is working like a miracle, I am thrilled with the way I feel. For the first time in almost 3 years I can move my neck around without cringing with pain, tightness and stiffness. KUDOS!"

Necky May 4, 2015

For Osteoarthritis: "Put me through more pain than I was in. Sweating, my stomach got tore up, heart burn and I ate a full meal, feel nauseated, bloated. I didn't realize it but this is the second time I've been prescribed this drug by a different doctor and I won't forget next time. The side effects from this drug are insane and I can't believe they feed this crap to people. They use this stuff on dogs why are they using it on people? They should stop giving this to animals in my opinion if it causes this much pain."

HEMIII (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2015

For Osteoarthritis: "I first had Polymyalgia, took Prednisone for a year, will not take it again! I found a new Dr. Put me on Meloxicam for osteoarthritis and it works so well. I highly recommend and I am not much into putting these meds in my body, but so far so good!!"

Nancy Lou (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2015

For Osteoarthritis: "In 1976 I had a motorcycle accident & tore the cartilage in my knee. Back then, they didn't know any better & my cartilage was surgically removed. I have rubbed bone on bone for 38 years & suffer from osteoarthritis. I have taken MANY pills for pain relief & nothing has really seemed to give me relief until now. I took my first 15mg dose on Tuesday evening. The very next morning I was able to get out of bed and walk with nearly no pain. In addition, the swelling in my leg was significantly reduced. I highly recommend talking to your Dr. about prescribing this to you for osteoarthritis."

Dee M April 19, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have been on a monthly shot of Meloxicam for 3 years, and it is the only medication that almost erases my pain due to swollen joints caused by Lyme disease."

Ninki (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 15, 2015

For Osteoarthritis: "I may be young at heart, but at 48 I am being told I have the hip of a "90 year old." I have been suffering from left hip OA pain for the past 10 years. Up until 1 year ago, injections have eased the pain. Unfortunately they are no longer effective and I am told I must have a hip replacement. I have been using ibuprofen, then Aleve, then prescription Celebrex, with minimal relief. Just 5 days ago I consulted with a surgeon who stopped other NSAIDS and started me on meloxicam. I was leery but gave it a try. The following day I was amazed at the relief I received. I can now walk stairs with minor difficulty, compared to maximum difficulty before. I would have definitely recommend to anyone suffering from OA pain."

young-at-heart (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have compressed vertebrae in my lower back, so I get serious pain there on occasion (thankfully rare occasions). My Orthopedic doctor prescribed the 15mg dosage (30 pills). When I saw that this was an NSAID, I thought of Naproxin, Ibuprofen etc. (drug store stuff which doesn't even cure a headache for me). But this stuff is way different. After the first pill, I noticed a marked pain reduction which would never happen even if I took ten Naproxens or Ibuprofen tablets, and no side effects either. This is good stuff!"

Dragon52 (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2015

Mobic (meloxicam) for Tendonitis: "My swollen ankle is finally back to normal thanks to Mobic. The medicine really works and reduces instantaneously!"

Sabrina Norelll March 28, 2015

For Osteoarthritis: "Amazing. Wonderful!"

Therealpetrapan (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2015

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: "I started taking Mobic for my plantar fasciitis a week ago. I have had the medicine for 6 months for my back, shoulder and neck pain but it did not help me. When my foot started crippling me, I took it with Skelaxin and was amazed at how quickly the pain, all my pain, disappeared. I suffer from fybromyalgia as well. Today, my body was fine but my heel was killing me. I took the mobic and I was relieved of pain within 20 to 30 mins. Mobic allowed me to walk again. Mobic with Skelaxin gave me my life back. I'm 48 do I expect pain and problems but when you hurt from your rooter to your tooter all seems hopeless. This medicine helped me tremendously. I'm more excited that I dont have to take narcotics daily."

penny6631 February 5, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I can't believe all these years a doctor didn't prescribe something to help with inflammation in my body. This medicine has helped me immensely ... with both knees, hands."

Granny Gee (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2015

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: "Take 15 dosage, pain much better. Stomach pain from constipation very bad. "

nonickname January 15, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Had basal thumb joint tendon replacement and carpal tunnel release 11-13. Still experiencing significant swelling interfering with occupational therapy end of December. Dr. prescribed this med 2 days ago, and the pain is almost totally gone as well as the swelling! I had been icing and epsom salt baths, no improvement until this medication. I have experienced acid reflux and bit of tummy ache. Adjusted sleeping position and avoiding foods before sleeping. I'll keep you posted."

bagg10ns (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2015

For Osteoarthritis: "Was on Celebrex 200 2x a day for years. Pain was too much when dose reduced. Was changed to Meloxicam 15 1x a day and works just as good. For reviewer with plantar fascitis, had it for months. What works is a quality pair of compression foot sleeves. Foot pain was gone after wearing them for 3-4 days. Wear them all day, everyday. (FS6 brand)."

hele1949 November 1, 2014

For Fibromyalgia: "I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia a few years ago. I have taken several different medicines over the years. I was taking Cymbalta and loved it. But it was Killing my liver. So I Had to Stop! I was given Mobic and have really liked the way it has helped my pains! I am concerned about my stomach and liver effects, so I don't take Mobic every day. I take 15mg at a time about 2-3 times a week. This helps me. Hopefully it will help you too."

Garfield1 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 17, 2014

For Osteoarthritis: "Miracle. Like others, was first prescribed for foot neuroma but it took away 90% of all other arthritis pain which for me is concentrated in knees, hands and feet. Went off it for just two days to take regular ibuprofen for something else and it was staggering how quickly and how severe the returning arthritis pain got. I hope I can take this until a cure is found. I detect no side effects. Try it!"

PattieD October 15, 2014

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: "I have Cervical Arterial Disease and the pain radiates in my neck, shoulder, arms and hands. Sometimes makes me have bad headaches as well, on the left side of my head. Mobic is a life-saver for me. I had this medication for awhile, but refused to take it because reading the side effects scared me, but after over-the-counter medicatuons quit helping me with the pain, I went ahead and started it, and this is the best I've felt in months. I haven't had any side effects yet, but I've only been on it, for about a week. I'll continue to take it for now, because at least I'm not miserable. Living with chronic pain is no joke."

R0che11e October 9, 2014

144 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "I was given Meloxicam by my podiatrist when he discovered a foot neuroma. After taking it a week or two I noticed all my Osteoarthritis areas had stopped hurting as well. Hands, knees legs. I felt totally pain free. A few weeks later I skipped taking it accidently a few days and all pain returned. I am now back on it for life and its so inexpensive."

vhmobileo1 October 7, 2014

For Tendonitis: "I am fighting plantar faciitis and have been in horrible pain which shoots up my leg. I know it is from walking the dog on the beach for miles at a time, though I wear good shoes. Meloxicam absolutely has taken away the pain. I am trying to figure out, however, how to soothe and heal my foot without having to depend on a medicine for more than 6 or 8 weeks. I believe Meloxicam is an excellent bridge in an acute situation. Yoga stretches also are really helping, especially the sun salutation, which stretches my calves and tendons in my feet. I believe that way I can get through the worst while protecting my stomach."

beach walker September 30, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "For years I suffered pain in my back, hips, right knee, shoulders, and feet. I was told I had osteoarthritis and placed on numerous different medicines to no avail. I switched doctors and learned I had rheumatoid arthritis. He placed me on Mobic for two weeks until I could see a rheumatologist. Within 24 hours I could tell a difference. My pain was minimal and my mobility increased tremendously without excruciating pain. My rheumatologist added methotrexate along with Mobic and I feel like a new woman! This medication literally changed my life and mentality. My 7 year old son can't believe mommy can get out and play with him again. The only side effect that I have noticed is weight gain. I'm hoping to control that eventually."

MissKy01 September 30, 2014

For Fibromyalgia: "Doesn't work at all for me. I'm still in pain wish I can find something to ease my sore and paining lower back an legs."

E T September 21, 2014

Mobic (meloxicam) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I had no effects, I actually had more pain and no effects on the swelling"

Anonymous August 17, 2014

For Inflammatory Conditions: "In December of 2010, My husband and I had a bad car wreck. I was broken up several times inside. About a year ago I started getting severe pain in my legs and joints. My back has always bothered me, but everyday my pain was worse. I got to the point I could not hardly stand without leaning on something for help or someone helping me. I am only 43 years old and I felt something was so wrong with me that it could kill me, because the pain was so bad. I felt a difference the first morning but the pain in my legs was getting worse. The next few nights the pain in my legs continued and also kept me up at night. I kept taking the med..and I am now 90% pain free!"

Rhonda 123 June 28, 2014

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next