User Reviews for Meloxicam

Also known as: Mobic

Learn more about Meloxicam.

Meloxicam Review Summary

6.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Fibromyalgia.

Reviews for Meloxicam to treat Fibromyalgia

"It works quite well for me. I started on Naproxen and it didn't do anything but with Mobic you can't take anything else... So be very cautious on pain meds... It's only Mobic only for pain... Nothing else no Tylenol with it or asprin anything. Consult with a physician on other meds when mixing meds as well."

Jillykins23 September 1, 2015

"I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia a few years ago. I have taken several different medicines over the years. I was taking Cymbalta and loved it. But it was Killing my liver. So I Had to Stop! I was given Mobic and have really liked the way it has helped my pains! I am concerned about my stomach and liver effects, so I don't take Mobic every day. I take 15mg at a time about 2-3 times a week. This helps me. Hopefully it will help you too."

Garfield1 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 17, 2014

"Doesn't work at all for me. I'm still in pain wish I can find something to ease my sore and paining lower back an legs."

E T September 21, 2014

"I was prescribed Cymbalta for fibromalgia and it was ineffective and expensive. A friend told me about Meloxicam and now I'm virtually pain free. I only take it 3 days a week the night before I go on a morning run. It started working within 2 days. Recently I didn't renew my prescription and the medicine's effect took about a month to wear off. "

Txadams (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 4, 2013

"I've had an amazing experience with Meloxicam. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about 2 years ago by a rheumatologist. He told me to go home, hire a maid, quit my job and buy a hot tub. I did eventually quit my job, but the pain simply got worse. Enter a neurologist who gave me Cymbalta, which for me was a miracle. It took away about 70% of my pain, but I was still suffering. Enter yet another Rheumy, who put me on Meloxicam. It's been amazing and has taken away quite a bit of the left over pain from Cymbalta. It's not perfect and I'm not sure that ALONE it would do as much for me, but in combination with Cymbalta, it's been phenomenal."

CommaHolly (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2013

"I have had Fibromyalgia for about four years now. The pain was so bad I couldn't even roll over in bed without hurting or tie my shoes without excruciating pain. I tried Neurontin, Lyrica and Naproxen, none of which really helped. I was on Cymbalta for awhile and it did help the aches and pains but gave me such bad diarrhea that I couldn't take it. I have been taking Meloxicam now for about a month and cannot believe the difference. I used to couldn't walk a block without having to get someone to get me so I could go home. Now I can walk several blocks without the pain. This is a miracle for me and there are side effects to every medication. The pain being gone is worth it to me."

YesYouCanBePainFree December 13, 2012

"I have tried every single medication for my Fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis. My rheumatologist gave me Meloxicam for non-specific joint swelling, and it actually was more beneficial for my fibromyalgia. Within 5 days, I stopped having morning stiffness, and my generalized muscle pain is almost completely gone! I am amazed and now have a much more optimistic outlook on living!"

Anonymous January 19, 2012

"I'm not so sure my condition was fibromyalgia, but it probably was. I was in excruciating pain in my muscles and tendon-joints, for weeks, ibuprofen and aspirin or paracetamol did absolutely nothing. Codeine helped, but I am allergic to it. I was put on meloxicam by my doctor, and within a day the pain faded, now I take two 7.5mg tablets a day and I am absolutely pain free, not even a minor ache anywhere. Meloxicam is a wonder drug for ache's and pains, both minor and severe."

Anonymous December 8, 2011

"I have fibromyalgia. Meloxicam together with Naproxen, the only medicines that gave me considerable relief; although as expected, it is still not enough for fibromyalgia in particular. However, it is surprisingly good for a NSAID."

Anonymous May 8, 2011

Mobic (meloxicam): "Mobic changed my life. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 2 years ago. My good doctor was willing to let me try different medicines I had heard about but nothing was helping. I was ready to file for disability it was so bad. I read about Mobic here at Drugs.com the day of my appointment. We talked about it and I have gotten my life back. I can walk after sitting. I'm even hiking again. I can actually play with my children and let them on my lap instead of having to make them sit beside me. I highly recommend you talk with your doctor about trying Mobic."

mksgoddess November 12, 2010

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Mobic (meloxicam): "I've had fibromyalgia for over 8 years and my doctor put me on Mobic 8 months ago and it worked great. However, I am not sure if it is no longer working or if my myalgia is getting worse because I have had to change my medication recently. It works great for inflammation but it doesn't work alone to help fight all the symptoms."

Anonymous October 11, 2010

"THREE years ago I start with fibro pain all over my body and could not move at all. I tried Celebrex and gave me a bad skin rash and did not take the pain away. MOBIC a miracle drug for me. I changed my life."

Anonymous December 27, 2009

Mobic (meloxicam): "I have been on Mobic since 2000. I have asked about new medications (which we now have 2 new came out in 2009) but the side effects is a real concern for me. I have not had a good experience with Mobic. It does get me through the day but my pain increases every month. I am at the point now that it is really affecting my personal life with my husband and he really does not understand the extent of the pain. I need a drug without harmful side effects. I want to protect my liver as much as possible. Please come up with a drug for fibromyalgia. I would hate to know that I have to live on pain pills the rest of my life."

Pam Sneed November 17, 2009

Mobic (meloxicam): "It worked okay for my back pains, but during the time that I first started taking it I got a really bad sore throat and if it wasn%u2019t for Mobic, I would not have been able to get out of bed. My throat felt so bad that I could hardly talk or eat and drink, but after taking the Mobic, it took the pain away for about 3 to 4 hours before I had to take another. Therefore, if you have a bad sore throat or any inflammatory conditions try Mobic to see if it helps."

Anonymous July 28, 2009

Mobic (meloxicam): "I've had this condition since I was 12. It's now been 25 years. This is one of the better medications I've tried and the last one on the list to try. It seems to be helping with mobility."

Anonymous March 17, 2009

Mobic (meloxicam): "Mobic has made an incredible difference to my fibromyalgia. This time last year I could hardly walk and did not really care if I did not wake up next morning. I was tired of the never ending pain. Now I go for a walk 4 days per week and I can move so much better. I can sleep at night as well."

daffers February 22, 2009

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Mobic (meloxicam): "Works well for joint pain but not much for the entire Fibromyalgia package of muscle pain, weakness and stiffness."

Anonymous January 11, 2009

Mobic (meloxicam): "This is amazing. I have suffered constant and varying levels of pain for over half my life (20 years). I have just started taking Mobic a week ago and am basically pain free. I can exercise for much longer periods with more intensity and do not suffer any pain."

Anonymous June 2, 2008

175 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Fibromyalgia