User Reviews for Meloxicam

Also known as: Mobic, Vivlodex

Learn more about Meloxicam.

Meloxicam Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 261 medications used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis.

Reviews for Meloxicam to treat Osteoarthritis

"Stopped my pain dead in its tracks. Lots of gas though"

Poolter December 28, 2015

"Got great relief after about 5 days. Don't know how I would have survived back spasms without it. To protect your gut from ulcers etc, you need to ask your doctor to also prescribe a drug called Nexium and take that in the morning and take the Mobic in the evening with food. Shame it is not good to take this drug long term though."

Aussie Di December 7, 2015

"I have tried to use this drug for osteoarthritis several times. Not only does it not work, it gives me heartburn."

Sueb53 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2015

"Ohhhh what a relief like a miracle am worried about long term effects. So far it's been wonderful allowing me to do a lot without pain"

Nancy29 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2015

"I had two total knee replacements. One a year ago and the other almost 2 years ago. I got to a certain point of recovery and never got any better. I was sore every day and the swelling would not leave completely. Three days on Meloxicam, (recommended by a friend who also had TKR) and I am significantly reduced pain not only in my knees but my back. Makes me stomach feel a bit nauseous at times but I'll take that to be able to walk easier with less pain!!!"

DonnaLew October 9, 2015

"On a scale of 1 to 10, my knee pain was a 25! Constant pain, I actually thought I would end up in a wheelchair. Friend suggested I try Meloxicam, as it had worked for him. OMG It took almost a week to work but once it kicked in, it performed a miracle. Before that I couldn't find a comfortable position...it had me in tears and I am a strong person...cannot believe the relief. 10 STARS! THANK YOU MELOXICAM!"

Sparkle Plenty September 25, 2015

"took meloxicam 15mg took 2 hours before I started to have pain relief and lasted 18 hours. Good!!"

15mg dolly34 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 11, 2015

"I have tried over a dozen different NSAIDs over the years. The most effective was indomethacin but the side effects make it intolerable. Nothing I have tried works as well as meloxicam with no apparent side effects."

YinFu (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 2, 2015

"I went to the doctor with great pain in my knee from broken Cartilage and arthritis. Have been taking ibuprofen around three times a day and it would help some but Just one of these each day after breakfast and I am great. I am 65 years of age a female and played golf yesterday with no pain. So far I am having no side effects but have only been on the med for three days"

Debirdie June 28, 2015

"Meloxicam worked great for my knees for about 4 years. As my arthritis worsened, it didn't work as well. About 3 months ago, I was getting no relief from it. I think it's a good medication for milder pain levels. I experienced no side effects."

Moontiger762 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 18, 2015

Mobic (meloxicam): "Does little to nothing."

kalesh (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 25, 2015

"I am 63 yr old softball playing male who developed severe knee pain. My orthopedic doctor told me arthritis and wrote me a prescription of 7.5 mg Meloxicam once a day. I tried to get through my week with 2 or 3 pills due to possible bad side effects. I found that it works much better if you take daily. This drug is much better than over the counter meds. I wish the side effects were not so severe but I do enjoy walking and my softball again."

eddyl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2015

Mobic (meloxicam): "Reduced my pain by 80% and lets me live a normal life again!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2015

"Put me through more pain than I was in. Sweating, my stomach got tore up, heart burn and I ate a full meal, feel nauseated, bloated. I didn't realize it but this is the second time I've been prescribed this drug by a different doctor and I won't forget next time. The side effects from this drug are insane and I can't believe they feed this crap to people. They use this stuff on dogs why are they using it on people? They should stop giving this to animals in my opinion if it causes this much pain."

HEMIII (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2015

"I first had Polymyalgia, took Prednisone for a year, will not take it again! I found a new Dr. Put me on Meloxicam for osteoarthritis and it works so well. I highly recommend and I am not much into putting these meds in my body, but so far so good!!"

Nancy Lou (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2015

"In 1976 I had a motorcycle accident & tore the cartilage in my knee. Back then, they didn't know any better & my cartilage was surgically removed. I have rubbed bone on bone for 38 years & suffer from osteoarthritis. I have taken MANY pills for pain relief & nothing has really seemed to give me relief until now. I took my first 15mg dose on Tuesday evening. The very next morning I was able to get out of bed and walk with nearly no pain. In addition, the swelling in my leg was significantly reduced. I highly recommend talking to your Dr. about prescribing this to you for osteoarthritis."

Dee M April 19, 2015

"I may be young at heart, but at 48 I am being told I have the hip of a "90 year old." I have been suffering from left hip OA pain for the past 10 years. Up until 1 year ago, injections have eased the pain. Unfortunately they are no longer effective and I am told I must have a hip replacement. I have been using ibuprofen, then Aleve, then prescription Celebrex, with minimal relief. Just 5 days ago I consulted with a surgeon who stopped other NSAIDS and started me on meloxicam. I was leery but gave it a try. The following day I was amazed at the relief I received. I can now walk stairs with minor difficulty, compared to maximum difficulty before. I would have definitely recommend to anyone suffering from OA pain."

young-at-heart (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2015

"Amazing. Wonderful!"

Therealpetrapan (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2015

Mobic (meloxicam): "Take 15 dosage, pain much better. Stomach pain from constipation very bad. "

nonickname January 15, 2015

"Was on Celebrex 200 2x a day for years. Pain was too much when dose reduced. Was changed to Meloxicam 15 1x a day and works just as good. For reviewer with plantar fascitis, had it for months. What works is a quality pair of compression foot sleeves. Foot pain was gone after wearing them for 3-4 days. Wear them all day, everyday. (FS6 brand)."

hele1949 November 1, 2014

"Miracle. Like others, was first prescribed for foot neuroma but it took away 90% of all other arthritis pain which for me is concentrated in knees, hands and feet. Went off it for just two days to take regular ibuprofen for something else and it was staggering how quickly and how severe the returning arthritis pain got. I hope I can take this until a cure is found. I detect no side effects. Try it!"

PattieD October 15, 2014

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I was given Meloxicam by my podiatrist when he discovered a foot neuroma. After taking it a week or two I noticed all my Osteoarthritis areas had stopped hurting as well. Hands, knees legs. I felt totally pain free. A few weeks later I skipped taking it accidently a few days and all pain returned. I am now back on it for life and its so inexpensive."

vhmobileo1 October 7, 2014

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am having carpal tunnel release surgery on Tuesday and have been off my Mobic for about 6 days now. I have pain in areas I had know idea hurt, left Knee, neck, both wrist, all fingers, right elbow and right Shoulder. It was first prescribed for left knee pain only. I can't wait to get this surgery done and get back on it. I am in so much pain."

Ken Hunt June 15, 2014

"I was prescribed this for a car accident, but I kept taking it because it surprised me by erasing about 85% of my sacro-illiac pain. The pain had grown so gradually that I was in deep denial about it, even after the car wreck made it 10x worse. Then all of a sudden it was mostly gone and I just broke down and cried from the miraculous relief - I'm able to be physically active again even with unfixable injuries. I have a few side effects: dizziness when standing quickly, and my blood pressure keeps trying to creep up, but the good greatly outweighs the bad still. I've had a gastrectomy which means I'm at greater risk of stomach bleeding, so I'm worried about the potential stomach side effects that increase the longer you take it, but nothing bad yet."

phosphena (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 3, 2014

"I have been taking Meloxicam for several months with very little relief from my Right shoulder osteoarthritis. It did very little for my Left shoulder issues either. My flare ups are quite severe. My orthopedic surgeon told me I will eventually have to have a shoulder replacement."

Sportsnutim1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2014