User Reviews for Meloxicam (Page 5)

Also known as: Mobic, Vivlodex

Learn more about Meloxicam.

Osteoarthritis 93 reviews 348 medications

Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 1 reviews 163 medications

3.5
Summary of Meloxicam reviews 239 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Meloxicam

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: "Been on this 15mg in the morning, once a day. It helps my knees from swelling, tried others NSAIDs, but came back to meloxicam 15mg. Some people can get twice a day at 7.5mg."

LB40 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 11, 2013

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Tendonitis: "Benefits did not outweigh side effects experienced. I am a runner with tendonitis in my left foot. My doctor prescribed meloxicam, 15 mg to reduce inflammation and manage pain. I took it for a month and I experienced side effects like dizziness, stomach problems, and inexplicable weight gain (despite the fact that I was swimming, biking, and slowly starting to run again). The small reduction in pain was not worth the side effects, so I am back to about 800 mg of ibuprofen a day."

Runner32 October 2, 2013

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I needed a cost friendly medication for rheumatoid arthritis so my doctor started me on Meloxicam. The first week I noticed improvement with the rheumatoid arthritis. However, for the last two months of taking Meloxicam I noticed changes; Increased blood pressure, Sugar levels in the 300s, nausea, fatigue, anxiety, & shaking. It got to were I couldn't walk 10 ft without my BP instantly rise and labored breathing. I was one of the unlucky ones that has negative reactions to a medicine that took away the pain."

Cantfindagoodnickname September 26, 2013

For : "I swear my lower back muscles have been aching tortuously for almost 5 years. I've tried different mattresses, pillow-tops, foam, etc. I've been sleeping on my sofa for the last year. It helps immobilize my movements & sleeping positions. Even so, I still woke up with a flaring set of lower back muscles. I've become so depressed by this pain and the inability to sleep for more than 2 hours at a time that I just want to wander out into the street and cry. I'll sum up: Mobic is magic. I haven't been lower back muscle pain-free in literally years. Within 7 days, my muscle pain was gone."

na5m September 12, 2013

For Fibromyalgia: "I was prescribed Cymbalta for fibromalgia and it was ineffective and expensive. A friend told me about Meloxicam and now I'm virtually pain free. I only take it 3 days a week the night before I go on a morning run. It started working within 2 days. Recently I didn't renew my prescription and the medicine's effect took about a month to wear off. "

Txadams (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 4, 2013

For Tendonitis: "It helped my ankle pain, 1 x 15mg a day, no stomach trouble, works great."

Rookie Tootle (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 2, 2013

For Osteoarthritis: "Been on it for 3 days for pain and inflammation due to osteoarthritis. Side effects are bad and I cannot wait for it to be out of my system. Severe headache, dizziness, back pain, bloating, anxiety and insomnia."

Jamhc August 19, 2013

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: "I'm 35 and began suddenly having severe joint pain & stiffness & fatigue for the last 6 months only worsening with each day, to the point of it affecting my daily life. So this week I finally went to the doctors & was given Mobic 7.5mg script and could not believe it but within a 30 mins of taking my first pill I felt like a different person. No joint pain & no side effects other then the freedom to move without My joints hurting. I would recommend this to anyone suffering from joint pain or stiffness and to think this was all caused from a thyroid disease I was unaware of."

no more joint pain in ohio.... August 13, 2013

153 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Mobic (meloxicam) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Immediate improvements in my joint arthritis level was noticed within 3 days and I've been able work regular hours."

Dr_Dennis (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2013

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: "I have severe osteoarthritis in my knees. Just started taking Mobic several weeks ago. I have had amazing results! The pain and swelling is all but gone. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2013

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Mobic (meloxicam) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I had been on Relafen for years for my osteoarthritis, and I just discovered this summer that I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. I was still on the Relafen and had driven a long ways to see one of my doctors, and the RA was so bad in my knees and feet that it was becoming difficult to walk. I called my Orthopedic Surgeon, and they changed my NSAID from Relafen to Mobic, and within an hour of taking the Mobic, I had relief. What a difference it has made for me! It made such a difference with the inflammation in my joints, and made it easier for me to walk. After taking the Mobic for a few days, I had improved greatly. I have had no stomach or intestinal issues from the medication."

Relief Within an Hour! (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2013

120 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I developed severe pain, numbness and tingling in my left leg and was diagnosed with degenerative disk disease with a bulging disk in the L-2 region. I was prescribed 15 mg of meloxicam and ten mg of oxycodone for the pain. I take it first thing in the morning after eating two pieces of toast. After an hour I am pain free. The numbness and tingling remain but with much less intensity. The pain relief last pretty much all day. I am looking forward to the day when I can feel comfortable and go on with an active life without the meds. "

Anonymous June 22, 2013

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: "I have been taking Mobic for over a year with no side effects other than an elevated blood pressure. I had severe knee and ankle pain which completely went away after taking Mobic. I attempted to stop the medication however pain returned after a few days."

Referee (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 5, 2013

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Mobic (meloxicam) for Tendonitis: "I have had knee problems for the last 10 years of my life and I've tried so many types of Physical Therapy and medications throughout those years. Nothing has worked better than the Mobic. I can't take a lot of medicines like ibuprofen because I have severe stomach issues and Mobic is great on my tummy. Thanks for giving me my life back."

sbeezy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2013

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have been having knee and ankle pain for about 3 months until now. The Army likes to prescribe Moltrin 800's for just about any sport injury. It worked somewhat but I was still experiencing pain in the first 1/4 mile of running until the pain went to just being numb. After 2 miles the numbness would go away and the pain would return but 2 fold. For the rest of the day I was pretty much useless. So last night I went through my medicine cabinet and found some Meloxicam and I remembered how it relieved my lower back pain greatly. Could barely walk at that time last night. Took one 15mg tablet 30 minutes before bed and I woke up like I never had the pain in my knees and ankles ever. I was amazed! I am going to inform my Health provider."

Soldier 1 May 15, 2013

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: "I only have half the cartilage in both knees due to osteoarthritis and had taken 800mg of Advil 3 times a day for 10 years. I've been taking Mobic 15mg. for 2 years which provides very good pain relief with one pill a day. Sometimes I have pain in the evening for which I take 2 Tylenol. Mobic seems to be much easier on my stomach."

prplpssn18 May 14, 2013

122 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "I am a 58 yr old female with chronic right knee and periodic low back/ sciatica worsened with prolonged sitting at a computer, driving etc. A lateral meniscectomy with synovial and patella repair helped until it was time to resume life, i.e. gym, dancing, activity. Cortisone and hyaluronic injections in the knee did nothing for me. Started this med 72 hours ago. Within 24 hours I realized my knee, back, in fact head to toe feels "normal". No aches, pains, side effects. Walked 4 miles yesterday, riding my bike today. Hallelujah, I did not think I would ever feel this good as another ortho doc had told me to just " live with it "."

Limpy (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2013

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Tendonitis: "I've had tendonitis for over 6 years. After 4 cortisone shots & years of taking Aleve every day, my doctor said surgery was my only option. I found another Dr. & he prescribed Mobic. I have almost NO wrist pain. It is amazing what a difference it makes. My only complaint is that it dries out my nose so badly that I get a nose bleed at least once a week."

DaniMac April 20, 2013

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: "I am 33 years old and have had debilitating lower back pain for over 5 years. Some days I cannot walk. One week ago my Dr started me on Mobic and I can not believe the immediate relief. I have not had this little pain in years..I'm so excited. I'm very saddened to see the long term down falls. I'm so glad to have it though. Wish I had it years ago."

manee (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2013

137 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have been on meloxicam 7.5mg once daily for 7 months now, wow what a difference. I take it with Tizanidine for my back, and I feel 80% better. I tried to wean off of it once and what a mistake, I had severe pain, couldn't even walk. Back on it now and wont go off again!"

cherokeesister (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 8, 2013

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Great for pain and inflammation."

Kndcon March 6, 2013

For Osteoarthritis: "Meloxicam worked fabulously for the osteoarthritis in my knees/elbow/and shoulder. I noticed that I kept gaining weight so easily even with cutting back on my diet. It was unusual as I can usually maintain or lose weight. I looked up the side effects since I couldn't pinpoint any other change and read that meloxicam CAN cause rapid weight gain. Since I cannot afford the extra weight with the bad knees, I am going to have to stop using it."

Fancy Pants (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 27, 2013

139 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: "I've been on Mobic for 2 days along with Flexerill and I am still experiencing excruciating pain. I feel like electric shocks going down my right sciatica."

Chrisaiah January 29, 2013

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I was prescribed Mobic for arthritis in my right hip. I lost range of motion and had difficulty putting on my right sock and shoe. After taking this medicine for 3 days I have noticed the hip pain has diminished greatly, about 80% back to pain free. But this medicine has also helped with my other joint pain and stiffness. I now feel closer to my age of 48 instead of feeling 78. Bending over to pick something up off the floor is easy now. I feel great, no side-effects yet."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2013

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia: "I've had an amazing experience with Meloxicam. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about 2 years ago by a rheumatologist. He told me to go home, hire a maid, quit my job and buy a hot tub. I did eventually quit my job, but the pain simply got worse. Enter a neurologist who gave me Cymbalta, which for me was a miracle. It took away about 70% of my pain, but I was still suffering. Enter yet another Rheumy, who put me on Meloxicam. It's been amazing and has taken away quite a bit of the left over pain from Cymbalta. It's not perfect and I'm not sure that ALONE it would do as much for me, but in combination with Cymbalta, it's been phenomenal."

CommaHolly (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2013