User Reviews for Meloxicam

Also known as: Mobic

Learn more about Meloxicam.

Tendonitis 12 reviews 34 medications

Rheumatoid Arthritis 14 reviews 362 medications

7.4
Fibromyalgia 15 reviews 72 medications

6.5
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 0 reviews 113 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Meloxicam reviews 153 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Meloxicam

Mobic (meloxicam) for Fibromyalgia: I've had fibromyalgia for over 8 years and my doctor put me on Mobic 8 months ago and it worked great. However, I am not sure if it is no longer working or if my myalgia is getting worse because I have had to change my medication recently. It works great for inflammation but it doesn't work alone to help fight all the symptoms.

October 11, 2010 3:29 AM

Review by mrstygraham:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: First one that I have found working for the pain and the inflammation in my knees, elbows, shoulders, etc. I am 36 and I was tested about three weeks ago, but before I was tested, I was already taking Mobic and it worked better than all the other medicines that I was taking for my arthritis. When my test come back it showed that I was full blown with arthritis and borderline rheumatoid arthritis.

September 20, 2010 11:37 PM

Review by mopy:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: My primary care doctor prescribed Mobic for my lower back problems (mostly muscular). I took the pill once a day. 15 minutes after I took the pill I had to lay down. The rest of the night I felt like I'd been hit by a truck and the pill didn't even touch my pain. I was getting depressed and my boyfriend told me I was mean while taking this pill. I am taking Aleve 2 x's a day, and I feel so much better now.

August 12, 2010 10:59 PM

Review by SR10:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: I have had chronic neck pain for years. It flares up in the cold weather. I was recently prescribed Mobic and I tried it for a week, with no difference in pain. I was later prescribed Voltaren which works great.

August 4, 2010 8:49 PM

Review by debcat53:

For Osteoarthritis: This medication was very helpful in relieving the pain in my knees, due to osteoarthritis. Unfortunately, I developed serious stomach problems. I am no longer taking this helpful medicine. Too risky with the stomach problems.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 26, 2010 3:13 PM

Mobic (meloxicam) for Tendonitis: I have had tendonitis for years. I have tried Celebrex, Vioxx and others. Nothing works but Mobic.

June 26, 2010 12:00 PM

Review by carylcansell:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: Took Mobic today for my osteoarthritis and so far so good. I was really getting depressed with the constant pain. I'm only 57 and to be in pain 24/7 can really get to you.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 16, 2010 5:04 PM

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: Had surgery for torn meniscis and as result existing artiritis is really causing quite a bit of pain. This is my 4th day on Mobic and the pain has almost disppeared. I am very concerned with possible side effects but so far so good

June 8, 2010 10:29 PM

Mobic (meloxicam) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I started taking this medicine to help with carpal tunnel issues I was having. The doctor had me taking 15-30 mg a day, which I see according to this site, is more than I'm supposed to have. It helped the carpel tunnel, and has done wonders for my knee pain. It only helps mildly with my hand pain (arthritis). As far as side effects are that it has affected my bowel motions and I don't always have much warning before I need to take one.

May 5, 2010 10:37 AM

Review by Jamiedolan:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: Highly effective for joint pain. Helped with muscle pain also. Can cause serious GERD symptoms even with use of proton pump inhibitor and a Histamine2 blocker.

May 2, 2010 4:32 AM

For Osteoarthritis: Did nothing for me.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 11, 2010 11:33 PM

Review by Happynow:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: I have had awful foot pain for over 10 years and have tried many medicines. My Doctor suggested Mobic and it did wonders for my pain. I have been on it 5 days now and can not believe the difference it has made. I can now walk without shuffling around because of pain. Side effects are mild for now. I have light headache from time to time and ear pressure. Hope that improves. I take 7.5 twice a day since 15 seemed to make side effects worse. A nice surprise everytime I get up to walk and feel little or no pain.

March 2, 2010 10:21 AM

Review by VonneJ:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: I've only been on this med for a few days. I had a scope of my rt knee 5 months ago and the arthritis is advancing quickly and severely. In the past month I started having pain in my shoulders, wrists, and left hip. I'm a nurse and can not take opiods/narcotics for relief. I was taking more ibuprofen than I could count! I took my first mobic and not an ibuprofen since. I've been able to sleep, not be tied down by a clock for pain, and have more mobility than I've known in months! I'm grateful. I'm closely watching for side effects & scheduled lab work to check blood levels & liver function in 6 weeks. For the first time in a long time, I'm hopeful.

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 15, 2010 4:29 PM

Review by pain in the neck:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: I have experienced increasing neck pain over the last 3 years with the last year being marked by going through a bottle of 160 count Advil every month and a half. Neck pain would lead to muscle tightness which led to headaches and it was rare that I could go through a day without popping a 6-12 over the counter pain relievers/anti-inflammatory pills. I have been on Mobic for a month now and thus far no noticeable side effects - and the lid has stayed on the bottle of Advil since day 1 of the prescription.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 3, 2010 2:06 PM

Review by inmy20's:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: It made me gain weight about 40lbs and cause acne, other then that it worked very well for my Osteoarthritis in my neck. I have a fusion and have not been the same since. This medicine helped me with my pain. I got my life back. I still can't do everything but my pain is so much better!

January 25, 2010 3:19 PM

Review by Jenn Vasquez:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: I have been taking Mobic for a week.. and I really can't feel the difference but I hope it works.. Once this week I felt really good but other then that I still feel the same. I do feel bloated a lot though.

January 14, 2010 10:55 AM

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: Was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my knee today. Pain was so bad last night, I only slept on and off. I was in tears and the spasms were constant. 600mg of ibuprofen didn't touch it. My doctor prescribed Mobic and Osteo Bi-flex. Took my first dose at 2pm. By 8pm that evening all pain and spasms were gone and I will be able to sleep pain free tonight. I am so happy I could cry - the relief is like gold in my pocket! I can walk without limping or shuffling for the first time in 2 weeks.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 8, 2010 11:03 PM

For Inflammatory Conditions: My experience is that it works beautifully for inflammatory conditions relevant to sciatica problems including pain reduction using 1 tablet per day but the pain returns in approximately 2 days if you stop taking it.

December 29, 2009 12:18 PM

For Fibromyalgia: THREE years ago I start with fibro pain all over my body and could not move at all. I tried Celebrex and gave me a bad skin rash and did not take the pain away. MOBIC a miracle drug for me. I changed my life.

December 27, 2009 10:27 AM

Review by SgtIshy:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: I was in a car accident which injured my c4, c5, & c6. They are out of line & impinging on my spinal colum & main nerve to the left arm. It also affects my shoulder. I'm not sure I've reallly noticed any difference from using this drug. I'm not sure they can find anything that helps & doesn't sedate me so that I can't take care of my kids. Trying to find dosing information & so far no luck....

December 24, 2009 4:23 PM

Review by Deedsy:

For Osteoarthritis: I have Osteoarthritis in my hands, elbows, knees, neck/spine and hips. It didn't really reduce the pain in my knees or hips but it really cuts the pain in my hands, and especially at the base of both thumbs to the wrist area. I take 7.5mg twice a day. I didn't realize how much it helped my hands until I ran out and couldn't get to the pharmacy right away to pick up my refill. My hands and thumbs ached pretty bad and it hurt just holding something in either hand. The only relief I could get was by using a moist-heat heating pad and that only helps as I'm using it, and it aches worse at the base of my thumbs down to the outside of both wrists. Peroxicam tore up my stomach. Meloxicam hasn't, it works great with no ill effects.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 1, 2009 3:35 AM

Review by TN Stranger:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: I had NO relief at all with this medication! It did not work for me.

November 25, 2009 8:23 PM

Mobic (meloxicam) for Tendonitis: This is the best medicine I've come across for my whole body. I started using it for Tendinitis. I didn't realize my whole body was suffering from aches and pains until taking Mobic. If I run out of my prescription I can definitely tell a big difference. Thanks Mobic.

November 24, 2009 2:00 PM

Review by Pam Sneed:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Fibromyalgia: I have been on Mobic since 2000. I have asked about new medications (which we now have 2 new came out in 2009) but the side effects is a real concern for me. I have not had a good experience with Mobic. It does get me through the day but my pain increases every month. I am at the point now that it is really affecting my personal life with my husband and he really does not understand the extent of the pain. I need a drug without harmful side effects. I want to protect my liver as much as possible. Please come up with a drug for fibromyalgia. I would hate to know that I have to live on pain pills the rest of my life.

November 17, 2009 7:07 PM

Review by sloval:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: I used Mobic for 1 year with great results for knee pain and no side effects. Orthopedic surgeon would not continue prescription for fear of long-term effects. Knee pain returned within 5 days. Will consult with primary care doc for new prescription.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 10, 2009 11:40 AM