User Reviews for Meloxicam

Also known as: Mobic

Learn more about Meloxicam.

Tendonitis 14 reviews 33 medications

6.4
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 0 reviews 113 medications

Summary of Meloxicam reviews 179 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Meloxicam

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: "I have had knee pain for many years and after 2 operations it got worse. Sleeping was a problem with severe sharp pain. A new doctor recommended to me, found I had severe arthritis after an MRI and put me on Mobic and wow! Why had no doctor ever prescribed this before? Pain relief within the week was amazing and my sore back improved also. I have a new life and no side effects to date and I have been taking it for 10 months. I'm 50 and feeling 40 again instead of 70."

greatrelief September 9, 2011

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Mobic (meloxicam) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I've had good success with pain relief using Mobic."

Anonymous September 3, 2011

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I'm 28 years old, I have a C5-6 disc herniation which causes me to have a lot of radiculopathy down my left arm. I frequently ice my neck and go to physical therapy 3x a week. I also started incorporating this medicine into my therapy a little over a month ago. Currently I'm asymptomatic but the side effects are bothering me a bit. The heartburn and constipation annoy me yet I'd rather have them then have all the pain/numbness and burning back."

Anonymous August 24, 2011

For Osteoarthritis: "It has worked wonders for me! Thank God that the 4 year hip pain has decreased. Been on Mobic 15mg for two weeks now and able to walk and dance a lot faster.Time to lose some weight! And no side effects."

Miss New York August 16, 2011

For : "I took Vioxx until it was taken off the market and have taken Celebrex for the past 7 years. My orthopedist has had me taking these for the past 10 yrs and my family doctor wanted me to try Meloxicam. I been taking it for 3 months and, not only does it work a lot better but it's cheaper I'm having both knees replaced in January but I wish I had known about Meloxicam. "

koda57 July 5, 2011

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: "Ankylosing spondylitis: It reduced my pain, but I had serious stools and stomach pains. The doctor substituted it with Naproxen."

Anonymous May 31, 2011

For Inflammatory Conditions: "knee and back pain: I have been using meloxicam for about 2 weeks and I can see very much improvement of the pain in my knee and also back. I feel so much more active. I exercise almost every day for 45 minutes to an hour and this is so much easier now. I am 76."

Anonymous May 31, 2011

For Osteoarthritis: "Am one hour into my first 15mg dose. Have been shuffling, having stiffness in my knee and pain for about 6 weeks now. I may be overly hopeful but I swear I am moving better than I have in weeks. Fingers crossed."

Anonymous May 25, 2011

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: "Several years ago, I was put on Mobic for right knee problems--bone on bone. When I finally needed a knee replacement, I had to go off Mobic for a week before the surgery. Immediately, I got creaky and all my joints hurt and ached. It hurt to walk even a short distance. At that point, I realized what a blessing Mobic is. I thought that if some of my deceased relatives had Mobic, they might have lived longer. I remember how badly they suffered and I understand. The pain was unbearable. I'm still on it. I am 65."

MesaAZLady65 May 22, 2011

For Fibromyalgia: "I have fibromyalgia. Meloxicam together with Naproxen, the only medicines that gave me considerable relief; although as expected, it is still not enough for fibromyalgia in particular. However, it is surprisingly good for a NSAID."

Anonymous May 8, 2011

Mobic (meloxicam) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "My husband took Mobic for psoriatic arthritis, and it made him extremely ill, and gave him almost no pain relief. "

Anonymous May 7, 2011

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: "I recently started taking Mobic for my back pain. It makes almost all of the pain go away, and still allows me to be able to safely care for my daughter. The only side effect I have experienced is discomfort in my stomach after taking it, but it's much better than the back pain I was experiencing."

editmyworld April 14, 2011

Mobic (meloxicam) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have been on Mobic (or some generic form) for 3 years now for PsA - Psoriatic Arthritis. During this time, I got quite ill and my GP sent me for a test. I had an MRI and wore a heart monitor for 24 hours. They thought I was having seizures. After 2 years of feeling dreadful only at night my GP took me off the Mobic to settle a stomach upset and I realized that I no longer had any of the neurological effects anymore. Upon mentioning this to my Specialist - he said that the neurological side effects were quite common with Mobic - yet neither of the GP's saw new of them. So just be aware, this can make you feel like you are running slow, your brain may slow down and you might fall over."

GCChriss April 14, 2011

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Helped clear up over all joint pain."

Anonymous April 12, 2011

Mobic (meloxicam) for : "Prescribed as an alternative after I suffered rashy spots all over when taking Celebrex for a crushed vertebra (trying to avoid surgery). While I didn't suffer any side effects I didn't get any pain relief either."

Anonymous February 19, 2011

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: "I was given Mobic for foot pain. I took 3 doses and developed tinnitus. "

Anonymous February 13, 2011

For Osteoarthritis: "I've been taking meloxicam now for 2 months. I have found that it does a lot better job on my inflammation than piroxicam. It doesn't completely take the pain away, but the advantages of taking the medication make it a worthwhile addition to my therapy."

Anonymous February 12, 2011

For Osteoarthritis: "Have severe erosive osteoarthritis. This medication did not help."

Anonymous January 28, 2011

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: "I've been on Mobic a week. I'm not noticing a lot of help with the pain. I am very tired all the time, even though I only take 7.5 mg once a day. Also, I'm starting to notice problems with my short term memory, not being able to think of words, etc. This is the only new med I'm taking. "

Anonymous January 19, 2011

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: "Love Mobic, but it gave me stomach ulcers. At first I thought I had heartburn until everything started to make me sick. I also worry about the damage it does to your liver. Now I have to decide which is worse, pain or being sick to my stomach, because Mobic is the only thing that keeps me going. Best since Vioxx and we know where that went."

coppermail January 18, 2011

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: "I took Mobic for osteoarthritis in both knees and it was great for the pain but I had to stop due to my blood pressure skyrocketinging from 122/70 to 180/95. What a shame."

Anonymous December 23, 2010

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: "Sciatica: I've had injections, epidurals in my spine, inversion tables ,chiropractic adjustments and plenty of prednisone and nothing worked. Been on Mobic for 10 days and already the numbness and burning in my left leg is subsiding greatly. Also seems to help with arthritis in some joints. So far pretty impressed."

Don 13 December 15, 2010

Mobic (meloxicam) for Tendonitis: "While this medication alleviated the pain in my husband's arm after taking it for about 5 years he was recently rushed into emergency surgery with a large gastric ulcer. The condition came on without symptoms or warning. His surgeon said Mobic was the cause. If you take this medication do so with Extreme Caution."

katpawz November 28, 2010

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Mobic (meloxicam) for Fibromyalgia: "Mobic changed my life. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 2 years ago. My good doctor was willing to let me try different medicines I had heard about but nothing was helping. I was ready to file for disability it was so bad. I read about Mobic here at Drugs.com the day of my appointment. We talked about it and I have gotten my life back. I can walk after sitting. I'm even hiking again. I can actually play with my children and let them on my lap instead of having to make them sit beside me. I highly recommend you talk with your doctor about trying Mobic."

mksgoddess November 12, 2010

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: "Just started Mobic this week and I've already gained 4 minutes back on my nightly walk. I'm 32 and suffer from severe osteoarthritis in my hips. I haven't noticed much change in my swelling , but am already sleeping for longer periods of time."

Anonymous November 6, 2010