User Reviews for Meloxicam

Also known as: Mobic

Learn more about Meloxicam.

Tendonitis 13 reviews 34 medications

7.3
Rheumatoid Arthritis 16 reviews 362 medications

Fibromyalgia 17 reviews 72 medications

6.4
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 0 reviews 113 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Meloxicam reviews 163 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Meloxicam

For Osteoarthritis: I've been taking meloxicam now for 2 months. I have found that it does a lot better job on my inflammation than piroxicam. It doesn't completely take the pain away, but the advantages of taking the medication make it a worthwhile addition to my therapy.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 12, 2011 5:20 PM

For Osteoarthritis: Have severe erosive osteoarthritis. This medication did not help.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 28, 2011 2:40 PM

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: I've been on Mobic a week. I'm not noticing a lot of help with the pain. I am very tired all the time, even though I only take 7.5 mg once a day. Also, I'm starting to notice problems with my short term memory, not being able to think of words, etc. This is the only new med I'm taking.

January 19, 2011 2:23 PM

Review by coppermail:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: Love Mobic, but it gave me stomach ulcers. At first I thought I had heartburn until everything started to make me sick. I also worry about the damage it does to your liver. Now I have to decide which is worse, pain or being sick to my stomach, because Mobic is the only thing that keeps me going. Best since Vioxx and we know where that went.

January 18, 2011 10:17 PM

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: I took Mobic for osteoarthritis in both knees and it was great for the pain but I had to stop due to my blood pressure skyrocketinging from 122/70 to 180/95. What a shame.

December 23, 2010 8:44 PM

Review by Don 13:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: Sciatica: I've had injections, epidurals in my spine, inversion tables ,chiropractic adjustments and plenty of prednisone and nothing worked. Been on Mobic for 10 days and already the numbness and burning in my left leg is subsiding greatly. Also seems to help with arthritis in some joints. So far pretty impressed.

December 15, 2010 4:21 PM

Review by katpawz:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Tendonitis: While this medication alleviated the pain in my husband's arm after taking it for about 5 years he was recently rushed into emergency surgery with a large gastric ulcer. The condition came on without symptoms or warning. His surgeon said Mobic was the cause. If you take this medication do so with Extreme Caution.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 28, 2010 10:58 PM

Review by mksgoddess:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Fibromyalgia: Mobic changed my life. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 2 years ago. My good doctor was willing to let me try different medicines I had heard about but nothing was helping. I was ready to file for disability it was so bad. I read about Mobic here at Drugs.com the day of my appointment. We talked about it and I have gotten my life back. I can walk after sitting. I'm even hiking again. I can actually play with my children and let them on my lap instead of having to make them sit beside me. I highly recommend you talk with your doctor about trying Mobic.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 12, 2010 7:00 PM

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: Just started Mobic this week and I've already gained 4 minutes back on my nightly walk. I'm 32 and suffer from severe osteoarthritis in my hips. I haven't noticed much change in my swelling , but am already sleeping for longer periods of time.

November 6, 2010 12:42 PM

Review by Chip W:

For Osteoarthritis: Arthritis in my back (L4-L5) causing extreme pain in my right hip for an hour or two after getting up in the morning. I'd had 3 steroid injections in my back which relieved the pain for 3 - 6 months. I was ready for another injection but instead tried meloxicam. It's now 3 months later. Most of the time there's no pain; occasional pain is quite tolerable. No noticeable side effects so far.

October 12, 2010 7:45 AM

Mobic (meloxicam) for Fibromyalgia: I've had fibromyalgia for over 8 years and my doctor put me on Mobic 8 months ago and it worked great. However, I am not sure if it is no longer working or if my myalgia is getting worse because I have had to change my medication recently. It works great for inflammation but it doesn't work alone to help fight all the symptoms.

October 11, 2010 3:29 AM

Review by mrstygraham:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: First one that I have found working for the pain and the inflammation in my knees, elbows, shoulders, etc. I am 36 and I was tested about three weeks ago, but before I was tested, I was already taking Mobic and it worked better than all the other medicines that I was taking for my arthritis. When my test come back it showed that I was full blown with arthritis and borderline rheumatoid arthritis.

September 20, 2010 11:37 PM

Review by mopy:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: My primary care doctor prescribed Mobic for my lower back problems (mostly muscular). I took the pill once a day. 15 minutes after I took the pill I had to lay down. The rest of the night I felt like I'd been hit by a truck and the pill didn't even touch my pain. I was getting depressed and my boyfriend told me I was mean while taking this pill. I am taking Aleve 2 x's a day, and I feel so much better now.

August 12, 2010 10:59 PM

Review by SR10:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: I have had chronic neck pain for years. It flares up in the cold weather. I was recently prescribed Mobic and I tried it for a week, with no difference in pain. I was later prescribed Voltaren which works great.

August 4, 2010 8:49 PM

Review by debcat53:

For Osteoarthritis: This medication was very helpful in relieving the pain in my knees, due to osteoarthritis. Unfortunately, I developed serious stomach problems. I am no longer taking this helpful medicine. Too risky with the stomach problems.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 26, 2010 3:13 PM

Mobic (meloxicam) for Tendonitis: I have had tendonitis for years. I have tried Celebrex, Vioxx and others. Nothing works but Mobic.

June 26, 2010 12:00 PM

Review by carylcansell:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: Took Mobic today for my osteoarthritis and so far so good. I was really getting depressed with the constant pain. I'm only 57 and to be in pain 24/7 can really get to you.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 16, 2010 5:04 PM

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: Had surgery for torn meniscis and as result existing artiritis is really causing quite a bit of pain. This is my 4th day on Mobic and the pain has almost disppeared. I am very concerned with possible side effects but so far so good

June 8, 2010 10:29 PM

Mobic (meloxicam) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I started taking this medicine to help with carpal tunnel issues I was having. The doctor had me taking 15-30 mg a day, which I see according to this site, is more than I'm supposed to have. It helped the carpel tunnel, and has done wonders for my knee pain. It only helps mildly with my hand pain (arthritis). As far as side effects are that it has affected my bowel motions and I don't always have much warning before I need to take one.

May 5, 2010 10:37 AM

Review by Jamiedolan:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: Highly effective for joint pain. Helped with muscle pain also. Can cause serious GERD symptoms even with use of proton pump inhibitor and a Histamine2 blocker.

May 2, 2010 4:32 AM

For Osteoarthritis: Did nothing for me.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 11, 2010 11:33 PM

Review by Happynow:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: I have had awful foot pain for over 10 years and have tried many medicines. My Doctor suggested Mobic and it did wonders for my pain. I have been on it 5 days now and can not believe the difference it has made. I can now walk without shuffling around because of pain. Side effects are mild for now. I have light headache from time to time and ear pressure. Hope that improves. I take 7.5 twice a day since 15 seemed to make side effects worse. A nice surprise everytime I get up to walk and feel little or no pain.

March 2, 2010 10:21 AM

Review by VonneJ:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: I've only been on this med for a few days. I had a scope of my rt knee 5 months ago and the arthritis is advancing quickly and severely. In the past month I started having pain in my shoulders, wrists, and left hip. I'm a nurse and can not take opiods/narcotics for relief. I was taking more ibuprofen than I could count! I took my first mobic and not an ibuprofen since. I've been able to sleep, not be tied down by a clock for pain, and have more mobility than I've known in months! I'm grateful. I'm closely watching for side effects & scheduled lab work to check blood levels & liver function in 6 weeks. For the first time in a long time, I'm hopeful.

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 15, 2010 4:29 PM

Review by pain in the neck:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: I have experienced increasing neck pain over the last 3 years with the last year being marked by going through a bottle of 160 count Advil every month and a half. Neck pain would lead to muscle tightness which led to headaches and it was rare that I could go through a day without popping a 6-12 over the counter pain relievers/anti-inflammatory pills. I have been on Mobic for a month now and thus far no noticeable side effects - and the lid has stayed on the bottle of Advil since day 1 of the prescription.

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 3, 2010 2:06 PM

Review by inmy20's:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: It made me gain weight about 40lbs and cause acne, other then that it worked very well for my Osteoarthritis in my neck. I have a fusion and have not been the same since. This medicine helped me with my pain. I got my life back. I still can't do everything but my pain is so much better!

January 25, 2010 3:19 PM