User Reviews for Meloxicam

Also known as: Mobic

Learn more about Meloxicam.

Tendonitis 14 reviews 34 medications

6.4
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 0 reviews 113 medications

Summary of Meloxicam reviews 172 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Meloxicam

For Osteoarthritis: Am one hour into my first 15mg dose. Have been shuffling, having stiffness in my knee and pain for about 6 weeks now. I may be overly hopeful but I swear I am moving better than I have in weeks. Fingers crossed.

May 25, 2011 10:49 PM

Review by MesaAZLady65:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: Several years ago, I was put on Mobic for right knee problems--bone on bone. When I finally needed a knee replacement, I had to go off Mobic for a week before the surgery. Immediately, I got creaky and all my joints hurt and ached. It hurt to walk even a short distance. At that point, I realized what a blessing Mobic is. I thought that if some of my deceased relatives had Mobic, they might have lived longer. I remember how badly they suffered and I understand. The pain was unbearable. I'm still on it. I am 65.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 22, 2011 2:01 AM

For Fibromyalgia: I have fibromyalgia. Meloxicam together with Naproxen, the only medicines that gave me considerable relief; although as expected, it is still not enough for fibromyalgia in particular. However, it is surprisingly good for a NSAID.

May 8, 2011 12:20 PM

Mobic (meloxicam) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: My husband took Mobic for psoriatic arthritis, and it made him extremely ill, and gave him almost no pain relief.

May 7, 2011 11:53 PM

Review by editmyworld:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: I recently started taking Mobic for my back pain. It makes almost all of the pain go away, and still allows me to be able to safely care for my daughter. The only side effect I have experienced is discomfort in my stomach after taking it, but it's much better than the back pain I was experiencing.

April 14, 2011 5:44 PM

Review by GCChriss:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have been on Mobic (or some generic form) for 3 years now for PsA - Psoriatic Arthritis. During this time, I got quite ill and my GP sent me for a test. I had an MRI and wore a heart monitor for 24 hours. They thought I was having seizures. After 2 years of feeling dreadful only at night my GP took me off the Mobic to settle a stomach upset and I realized that I no longer had any of the neurological effects anymore. Upon mentioning this to my Specialist - he said that the neurological side effects were quite common with Mobic - yet neither of the GP's saw new of them. So just be aware, this can make you feel like you are running slow, your brain may slow down and you might fall over.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 14, 2011 12:14 AM

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: Helped clear up over all joint pain.

April 12, 2011 1:26 PM

Mobic (meloxicam) for : Prescribed as an alternative after I suffered rashy spots all over when taking Celebrex for a crushed vertebra (trying to avoid surgery). While I didn't suffer any side effects I didn't get any pain relief either.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 19, 2011 11:44 PM

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: I was given Mobic for foot pain. I took 3 doses and developed tinnitus.

February 13, 2011 10:24 PM

For Osteoarthritis: I've been taking meloxicam now for 2 months. I have found that it does a lot better job on my inflammation than piroxicam. It doesn't completely take the pain away, but the advantages of taking the medication make it a worthwhile addition to my therapy.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 12, 2011 5:20 PM

For Osteoarthritis: Have severe erosive osteoarthritis. This medication did not help.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 28, 2011 2:40 PM

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: I've been on Mobic a week. I'm not noticing a lot of help with the pain. I am very tired all the time, even though I only take 7.5 mg once a day. Also, I'm starting to notice problems with my short term memory, not being able to think of words, etc. This is the only new med I'm taking.

January 19, 2011 2:23 PM

Review by coppermail:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: Love Mobic, but it gave me stomach ulcers. At first I thought I had heartburn until everything started to make me sick. I also worry about the damage it does to your liver. Now I have to decide which is worse, pain or being sick to my stomach, because Mobic is the only thing that keeps me going. Best since Vioxx and we know where that went.

January 18, 2011 10:17 PM

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: I took Mobic for osteoarthritis in both knees and it was great for the pain but I had to stop due to my blood pressure skyrocketinging from 122/70 to 180/95. What a shame.

December 23, 2010 8:44 PM

Review by Don 13:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: Sciatica: I've had injections, epidurals in my spine, inversion tables ,chiropractic adjustments and plenty of prednisone and nothing worked. Been on Mobic for 10 days and already the numbness and burning in my left leg is subsiding greatly. Also seems to help with arthritis in some joints. So far pretty impressed.

December 15, 2010 4:21 PM

Review by katpawz:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Tendonitis: While this medication alleviated the pain in my husband's arm after taking it for about 5 years he was recently rushed into emergency surgery with a large gastric ulcer. The condition came on without symptoms or warning. His surgeon said Mobic was the cause. If you take this medication do so with Extreme Caution.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 28, 2010 10:58 PM

Review by mksgoddess:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Fibromyalgia: Mobic changed my life. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 2 years ago. My good doctor was willing to let me try different medicines I had heard about but nothing was helping. I was ready to file for disability it was so bad. I read about Mobic here at Drugs.com the day of my appointment. We talked about it and I have gotten my life back. I can walk after sitting. I'm even hiking again. I can actually play with my children and let them on my lap instead of having to make them sit beside me. I highly recommend you talk with your doctor about trying Mobic.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 12, 2010 7:00 PM

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: Just started Mobic this week and I've already gained 4 minutes back on my nightly walk. I'm 32 and suffer from severe osteoarthritis in my hips. I haven't noticed much change in my swelling , but am already sleeping for longer periods of time.

November 6, 2010 12:42 PM

Review by Chip W:

For Osteoarthritis: Arthritis in my back (L4-L5) causing extreme pain in my right hip for an hour or two after getting up in the morning. I'd had 3 steroid injections in my back which relieved the pain for 3 - 6 months. I was ready for another injection but instead tried meloxicam. It's now 3 months later. Most of the time there's no pain; occasional pain is quite tolerable. No noticeable side effects so far.

October 12, 2010 7:45 AM

Mobic (meloxicam) for Fibromyalgia: I've had fibromyalgia for over 8 years and my doctor put me on Mobic 8 months ago and it worked great. However, I am not sure if it is no longer working or if my myalgia is getting worse because I have had to change my medication recently. It works great for inflammation but it doesn't work alone to help fight all the symptoms.

October 11, 2010 3:29 AM

Review by mrstygraham:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: First one that I have found working for the pain and the inflammation in my knees, elbows, shoulders, etc. I am 36 and I was tested about three weeks ago, but before I was tested, I was already taking Mobic and it worked better than all the other medicines that I was taking for my arthritis. When my test come back it showed that I was full blown with arthritis and borderline rheumatoid arthritis.

September 20, 2010 11:37 PM

Review by mopy:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: My primary care doctor prescribed Mobic for my lower back problems (mostly muscular). I took the pill once a day. 15 minutes after I took the pill I had to lay down. The rest of the night I felt like I'd been hit by a truck and the pill didn't even touch my pain. I was getting depressed and my boyfriend told me I was mean while taking this pill. I am taking Aleve 2 x's a day, and I feel so much better now.

August 12, 2010 10:59 PM

Review by SR10:

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: I have had chronic neck pain for years. It flares up in the cold weather. I was recently prescribed Mobic and I tried it for a week, with no difference in pain. I was later prescribed Voltaren which works great.

August 4, 2010 8:49 PM

Review by debcat53:

For Osteoarthritis: This medication was very helpful in relieving the pain in my knees, due to osteoarthritis. Unfortunately, I developed serious stomach problems. I am no longer taking this helpful medicine. Too risky with the stomach problems.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 26, 2010 3:13 PM

Mobic (meloxicam) for Tendonitis: I have had tendonitis for years. I have tried Celebrex, Vioxx and others. Nothing works but Mobic.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 26, 2010 12:00 PM