User Reviews for Meloxicam

Also known as: Mobic

Learn more about Meloxicam.

Tendonitis 14 reviews 33 medications

6.4
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 0 reviews 113 medications

Summary of Meloxicam reviews 185 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Meloxicam

For Osteoarthritis: "I was prescribed meloxicam for pain in hands, feet, back, and shoulders. It worked well, the pain wasn't completely gone, but I feel 70% better. I was really excited until I realized I have had a sore throat and dry mouth for over a week. I will see my doctor, because I'm afraid that my constipation along with these symptoms may make this not the medicine for me. If that's the case, I will really be sorry. I've enjoyed such a substantial reduction in my arthritis pain."

whohasarthritis? November 30, 2011

Mobic (meloxicam) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Mobic has helped considerably with pain relief but I now suffer from severe insomnia which I put down to Mobic as I am not on any other medicines."

Anonymous November 14, 2011

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: "Pain in neck, shoulders, hips, hands and knees gone within a day! I can ride in a car and I'm sleeping without waking every hour. It's been a miracle for me. No side effects. I'm terrified I may have to give this up due to stomach issues. I can't go back to the pain. I feel fabulous after years of misery."

Anonymous November 2, 2011

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Mobic (meloxicam) for : "Amazing relief for shoulder inflammation. No noticeable side effects."

MorganLvr October 17, 2011

For Tendonitis: "After 12 days of use there was no change in my pain."

Anonymous October 13, 2011

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: "I rate Mobic a 10! For the past four months I have been in tremendous pain and could barley walk, sit, or get out of the bath tub and my hands were extremely stiff. I also could not sleep at night due to pain. Mobic has truly helped me. I have my life back! It is truly incredible. I do however take Prilosec to coat my stomach before taking it. I've only been taking this medicine for two days. I have NO pain."

kinkycotton September 17, 2011

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: "I have had knee pain for many years and after 2 operations it got worse. Sleeping was a problem with severe sharp pain. A new doctor recommended to me, found I had severe arthritis after an MRI and put me on Mobic and wow! Why had no doctor ever prescribed this before? Pain relief within the week was amazing and my sore back improved also. I have a new life and no side effects to date and I have been taking it for 10 months. I'm 50 and feeling 40 again instead of 70."

greatrelief September 9, 2011

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Mobic (meloxicam) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I've had good success with pain relief using Mobic."

Anonymous September 3, 2011

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I'm 28 years old, I have a C5-6 disc herniation which causes me to have a lot of radiculopathy down my left arm. I frequently ice my neck and go to physical therapy 3x a week. I also started incorporating this medicine into my therapy a little over a month ago. Currently I'm asymptomatic but the side effects are bothering me a bit. The heartburn and constipation annoy me yet I'd rather have them then have all the pain/numbness and burning back."

Anonymous August 24, 2011

For Osteoarthritis: "It has worked wonders for me! Thank God that the 4 year hip pain has decreased. Been on Mobic 15mg for two weeks now and able to walk and dance a lot faster.Time to lose some weight! And no side effects."

Miss New York August 16, 2011

For : "I took Vioxx until it was taken off the market and have taken Celebrex for the past 7 years. My orthopedist has had me taking these for the past 10 yrs and my family doctor wanted me to try Meloxicam. I been taking it for 3 months and, not only does it work a lot better but it's cheaper I'm having both knees replaced in January but I wish I had known about Meloxicam. "

koda57 July 5, 2011

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: "Ankylosing spondylitis: It reduced my pain, but I had serious stools and stomach pains. The doctor substituted it with Naproxen."

Anonymous May 31, 2011

For Inflammatory Conditions: "knee and back pain: I have been using meloxicam for about 2 weeks and I can see very much improvement of the pain in my knee and also back. I feel so much more active. I exercise almost every day for 45 minutes to an hour and this is so much easier now. I am 76."

Anonymous May 31, 2011

For Osteoarthritis: "Am one hour into my first 15mg dose. Have been shuffling, having stiffness in my knee and pain for about 6 weeks now. I may be overly hopeful but I swear I am moving better than I have in weeks. Fingers crossed."

Anonymous May 25, 2011

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: "Several years ago, I was put on Mobic for right knee problems--bone on bone. When I finally needed a knee replacement, I had to go off Mobic for a week before the surgery. Immediately, I got creaky and all my joints hurt and ached. It hurt to walk even a short distance. At that point, I realized what a blessing Mobic is. I thought that if some of my deceased relatives had Mobic, they might have lived longer. I remember how badly they suffered and I understand. The pain was unbearable. I'm still on it. I am 65."

MesaAZLady65 May 22, 2011

For Fibromyalgia: "I have fibromyalgia. Meloxicam together with Naproxen, the only medicines that gave me considerable relief; although as expected, it is still not enough for fibromyalgia in particular. However, it is surprisingly good for a NSAID."

Anonymous May 8, 2011

Mobic (meloxicam) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "My husband took Mobic for psoriatic arthritis, and it made him extremely ill, and gave him almost no pain relief. "

Anonymous May 7, 2011

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: "I recently started taking Mobic for my back pain. It makes almost all of the pain go away, and still allows me to be able to safely care for my daughter. The only side effect I have experienced is discomfort in my stomach after taking it, but it's much better than the back pain I was experiencing."

editmyworld April 14, 2011

Mobic (meloxicam) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have been on Mobic (or some generic form) for 3 years now for PsA - Psoriatic Arthritis. During this time, I got quite ill and my GP sent me for a test. I had an MRI and wore a heart monitor for 24 hours. They thought I was having seizures. After 2 years of feeling dreadful only at night my GP took me off the Mobic to settle a stomach upset and I realized that I no longer had any of the neurological effects anymore. Upon mentioning this to my Specialist - he said that the neurological side effects were quite common with Mobic - yet neither of the GP's saw new of them. So just be aware, this can make you feel like you are running slow, your brain may slow down and you might fall over."

GCChriss April 14, 2011

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Helped clear up over all joint pain."

Anonymous April 12, 2011

Mobic (meloxicam) for : "Prescribed as an alternative after I suffered rashy spots all over when taking Celebrex for a crushed vertebra (trying to avoid surgery). While I didn't suffer any side effects I didn't get any pain relief either."

Anonymous February 19, 2011

Mobic (meloxicam) for Inflammatory Conditions: "I was given Mobic for foot pain. I took 3 doses and developed tinnitus. "

Anonymous February 13, 2011

For Osteoarthritis: "I've been taking meloxicam now for 2 months. I have found that it does a lot better job on my inflammation than piroxicam. It doesn't completely take the pain away, but the advantages of taking the medication make it a worthwhile addition to my therapy."

Anonymous February 12, 2011

For Osteoarthritis: "Have severe erosive osteoarthritis. This medication did not help."

Anonymous January 28, 2011

Mobic (meloxicam) for Osteoarthritis: "I've been on Mobic a week. I'm not noticing a lot of help with the pain. I am very tired all the time, even though I only take 7.5 mg once a day. Also, I'm starting to notice problems with my short term memory, not being able to think of words, etc. This is the only new med I'm taking. "

Anonymous January 19, 2011