User Reviews for Phillips' Milk of Magnesia

Learn more about Phillips' Milk of Magnesia.

Phillips' Milk of Magnesia Rating Summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 184 medications used in the treatment of Constipation.

Reviews for Phillips' Milk of Magnesia to treat Constipation

"I was constipated for over a week and took 4 table spoons. Works like a charm. It's 3am right now and I am sharting and exploding lol"

notsoslimshady (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2016

"I have been backed up for 3 days, and I am miserable. Took MoM yesterday, and nothing. Horrible cramping and lots of gurgling in belly. Called off sick 2 day and am getting ready to take second dose. Have no appetite at all. I pray this works..."

poopless in ohio April 29, 2016

"I was taking pain medication because of tonsilectomy and hadn't had any bowel movements in 5 Nights I took 6 TSP on the 5th night and went to sleep with nothing in the morning,I then drank some water and had another 6 TSP in the morning and waiting 1 hour which promptly has been clearing my bowels.I haven't pooped myself like many others"

Slurp April 19, 2016

"Constipated. Took recommended dose, went to bed, slept well, got up, had coffee, breakfast, off to the bathroom. Regular evacuation, like old times, no problems, soft, controlled!! No problems, back to regular, once a day, like times past!! Life saver, love Milk of Magnesia!! Will use again, when needed, if constipation is more than two/three days long."

UncleRemus April 18, 2016

"I have been constipated for 20 YEARS due to a brain injury/nerve damage. Bottom line is I don't have a bowel movement without "help" EVER. I've usually go around 2-3 weeks without having one. Anyway this stuff is a lifesaver. I've tried everything. It's reliable and it doesn't hurt like other laxatives do. There can be slight cramping but that's to be expected when you haven't pooped in 20 days. Anyway I take it on an empty stomach, followed by a large glass of water (or three). The more water you drink the more violent it will be but I don't care as long as I feel better. I take it during the day, not before bed. This way there are no accidents and it works much faster (in the time it takes to start 'going' AND the time it lasts)"

Pokey pooper (taken for 10 years or more) April 16, 2016

"Oh my word! This stuff saved my life. It took the maximum 6 hr time to work. And it only softened half the load the other half was a runny nightmare. I compared my constipation pain level to having a child. I was in the bathroom 20 times thinking.... This is it!! This is it!!!! Just to be let down and hurting with more cramping. But when it finally softened it up just enough to get that biggie out the rest came tumbling right after. Got to love methadone. I haven't been taking in as much water as I should and have been eating way to much I've cream. (Hint, dairy makes matters worse). What a horrible night. Give it time. It'll work one way or another lol"

Runner Brown (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2016

"Had not had a movement for 3 days and felt pressure in stomach. Took large dose at bedtime. It worked very well, in fact too well. It worked while I was sleeping, first time I've soiled my bed since infancy."

Rsattahip March 8, 2016

"OMG - This stuff took about 1.5 hours to kick in. The 1st - three movements were ok. BUT, they have not stopped since and have become violent in nature. We are 16 hours into this butt explosive nightmare. I would highly NOT recommend this product to anyone. Nor will I buy it again. HORRIBLE - yes HORRIBLE"

Pain Train March 7, 2016

"Was constipated for 2 days on vacation. Took 1.5tbs Milk of M at 6pm and another 1tbs at 7:00am. I was able to go in the morning at 8am several times. It was easy and not watery just normal soft deposite. No cramps and no nausea. I think the people on here who got diarrhea and nausea after taking it took too much. Don't take more than it says. Taking half a bottle is going to make you have bad diarrhea. This was recommend to me by a doctor in the family who specializes in digestive system health."

TexasHappy March 7, 2016

"Pain pain and more pain. Worked in about 1 hour ,but very painful."

am 1382 March 4, 2016

"Ummmm so I just took it for the first time.... And after reading the reviews I'm scared hahah. I'm wondering when it's gonna hit or if it will work! I mixed mine with yogurt and it wasn't so bad btw!"

Julebear February 14, 2016

"On pain meds after an auto accident I became constipated, no bowel movement for 3 days. Took 2 tbsp at 10pm. First bowel movement at 1:30 am, another at 3am. No cramping. Did get slightly nausea but well worth it to lose the pain, bloating and frustration of no being able to go."

MagnificentMissDi February 12, 2016

"I've tried everything and I mean, EVERYTHING. I have severe OIC and have discovered that I need "hydrating" laxatives. This is the best one I've tried that is reliable and predictable. I take it with lots of water. That's really important otherwise I will cramp and get nauseous. I also take it at night and in the morning after I'm up and moving around for about an hour I will "go". Sometimes in a severe bout of OIC, I may need the larger dose of 4TBL. Just remember... Lots of water with this. Good luck!"

Queen of constipation. (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2016

"I have been dealing with increasingly stubborn constipation over the last 5 years and nothing physically can be found to account for it. I've tried all sorts of products, changing parts of my diet, lots of water and that only ever partially work but never a complete or proper emptying and usually once a week. Finally bought MoM on my GP's suggestion and took the one cap full. Next morning I went quite a bit and only felt partially empty and the stool was still very dry. However, after that first day I went for a whole week following I went like a normal person, completely emptied my bowel without any effort and the stool was soft with normal amount of water content in it. I haven't experience anything like that for at least 5 years. Buy it!"

Mr Chronically Full (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2015

"This stuff definitely works. I'm 27 weeks pregnant and have been backed up for the better part of the last two weeks. I'm scared to take anything as far as medications because this is my first and I don't want to chance anything, Like someone else said, take as recommended and drink water!! Don't over do it it may take as long at 6 hours. And DO NOT take of you have somewhere to be. I would describe this as cramp free for sure, but I would say you may be confused if you're peeing or not. You're probably not peeing, and it's definitely working. Will definitely be replacing my regular laxative!! Oh and it's a little chalky, but not terrible if you shoot it."

Elippman (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2015

"I was 7 days constipated and had tried EVERYTHING. I finally took 2 Tbsp Milk of Magnesia on day 7 at about 8:30 pm. By 10:00 I had a bowel movement, followed by another one the next night, and one the night after that. CAREFUL WITH DOESEAGE. Especially if you gotta go places! This gave me awful gas and I had the cramp free kind. I only took the minimum 2 TBSP only once and it worked like a charm, for 3 straight days!"

NameNotNecessary (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2015

"Never again. This stuff made me violently sick. Vomiting. Headache. I had the shakes. It was terrible. I stick with magnesium citrate. On ice."

Ellasmommy December 1, 2015

"This stuff is the real deal. It really clears you out. I had my gallbladder removed and was on pain meds, so I was unable to "go" for at least 5 days. I panicked because normally I poop 6-7 times a day. So I called the nurse scared. She suggested milk of magnesia. The bottle called for 2 tablespoons, but I felt so binded and plugged up that I chugged 3 tablespoons. And it began. 20 minutes after I drank it. It was like an explosion of chowder, every 10 minutes. I'm glad it worked, no cramps, no pain, just extreme anal gushing and this happened every 10 minutes making it inconvenient and annoying but hey it had to be done. I got the berry flavored one and it was relatively tasty."

Allie oop November 5, 2015

"I found it really nauseating. I prefer not to take it again. The texture was hard to get down for me as well. Glad it works for some people."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2015

"I am 12 weeks pregnant and have not been able to for for over a week. Needless to say the bloating and cramping was insanity and my stomach felt rock hard. I took 2 tbsp of MoM the first time and it didnt do anything. So the next day before I went to bed I took 3 and I woke up and finally had relief! It did come in the form of basically just straight water... Which was unpleasant. But I don't hurt anymore!"

Nibbler's Host (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2015

"Thank you for this website!!!! I would not be a happy camper today if not for these reviews. I thought I had a flu bug last weekend and in 2 days I was only going a little bit with barely any gas release during the day and became super bloated.Normally you can set an alarm by my bowel habits - at least 3 times a day. I tried using vegetables and prunes etc. but by day 5 I figured I should try a laxative before going to the doctor. The pharmacist recommended another product but it had terrible reviews - too harsh. I bough the mint MoM and took 2 tbsp around 9:30. By midnight I had a small relief and around 2 AM I was up with diarrea for the rest of the night. Not complaining - got total relief with NO cramping! Sore muscles today tho"

Barbiegoyle October 3, 2015

"I hate this vile tasting substance more than anything. And the flavored ones do not help the taste. However, it works every single time with out any cramping. I have tried every laxative out there and this is the only one 100% reliable and 100% cramp free. It also comes in a concentrated form and so, less is consumed for the same results. It comes in tablet form but is not as reliable. I wish that there could be a better way to get the gentle, reliable relief that Milk of Magnesia gives."

Tastes vile but always works (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2015

"Took 2tbsp before i went to bed at 10 pm. Definitely drink water with it..it dries your mouth out. Could tell something was happening in my stomache and had two normal bowel movements throughout the night. I didnt feel compfeel completely relieved yet but refrained from taking anymore and im glad i did! By 630 the next morning I had to go again and didnt leave the commode for a good 20 minutes...everything definitely cleaned out. Geyser is the term that comes to mind without being overly descriptive. 2tbsp was enough in my case for a small framed female 113 pounds constipated for 3 days. Dont take more be patient. Def. Using this from now on, but will be switching to flavored for sure."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2015

"It works extremely well but when they say cramp free that's a lie :("

Amazing Amy August 23, 2015

"I have had severe constipation and I was barely using the bathroom within 8 months I would say I was using the bathroom about once or twice a week. Just last night I tried milk of magnesia and it was a life saver! barely using the bathroom within 8 months is very dangerous so I was so scared! But this helped and I'm so happy! I feel a lot better!"

cirronna (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2015