User Reviews for Magnesium oxide

Also known as: Mag-200, Mag-Caps, Mag-Ox, Mag-Ox 400, Mag-Oxide, MagGel, Phillips' Cramp-free, Uro-Mag

Learn more about Magnesium oxide.

Constipation 5 reviews 223 medications

9.5
Hypomagnesemia 2 reviews 21 medications

6.5
Duodenal Ulcer 0 reviews 139 medications Not rated - Be the first
GERD 0 reviews 207 medications Not rated - Be the first
Indigestion 0 reviews 213 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pathological Hypersecretory Disorder 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Stomach Ulcer 0 reviews 110 medications Not rated - Be the first
Urinary Tract Stones 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Magnesium oxide reviews 7 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Magnesium oxide

For Constipation: "I have no leg cramps so far and old injury to shoulder is now much better and hard stools are better."

asian November 10, 2011

For Hypomagnesemia: "I started this medicine at the suggestion of my D.O. as my magnesium levels were very low and I had bad leg cramps. It did help the cramps quite a bit and my blood levels did return to normal. However, I began to have bad bouts of nausea and vomiting and occasional diarrhea that I had to take additional medication to stop. I took 400 mg but was never advised to take it with food. "

nanasgirl October 30, 2011

For Constipation: "I came upon this website as I was looking for different uses of magnesium oxide (MO); my initial reason for taking MO was for nerve pain, but I found it very interesting that people with my same "issues" used it for constipation, heartburn, even nausea, so I decided to "up" my one-a-day dose to at least twice per day, and wow, the difference is quite fantastic! I must say I'm a skeptic by nature but, MO is an inexpensive way to deal with common side effects from pain medicines, etc. Without any hesitation, I recommend this "medication" for anyone with stomach problems, especially females suffering, like myself, from endometriosis, interstitial cystitis, and/or Celiac, or any auto-immune disease."

schmetterlinge28 October 2, 2011

For Hypomagnesemia: "No longer have muscle cramps."

curtistx June 23, 2011

For : "I began taking magnesium as a supplement for muscle pain and spasms. I couldn't really tell you if I see anything (feel) different but.....I am no longer having constipation (from pain medicines) so I am happy with using it."

sabsteak January 1, 2010

For Constipation: "After seeing two rectal surgeons, two gastroenterologists, and numerous primary care doctors I was still constipated. I was eating between 50 and 60 grams of fiber a day and drinking lots of water-all no help! I tried Colace but the cramping was really bad. I found taking 250 mg of magnesium at dinner worked! It has been a week and so far so good- I feel so much better. No more enemas or harsh laxatives."

Anonymous August 17, 2009

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Constipation: "This supplement has really helped with my severe constipation. I stopped taking it and the constipation returned. I must take it with food or it will upset my stomach."

KellyWiley January 24, 2009

For Constipation: "i took this while i was pregnant when having alot of constipation and it really helped me i would stay regular."

calcry February 27, 2008