User Reviews for Phillips' Milk of Magnesia

Learn more about Phillips' Milk of Magnesia.

Indigestion 1 reviews 233 medications

Constipation 37 reviews 229 medications

8.8
Acne 1 reviews 518 medications

Summary of Phillips' Milk of Magnesia reviews 39 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Phillips' Milk of Magnesia

For Constipation "I've tried everything and I mean, EVERYTHING. I have severe OIC and have discovered that I need "hydrating" laxatives. This is the best one I've tried that is reliable and predictable. I take it with lots of water. That's really important otherwise I will cramp and get nauseous. I also take it at night and in the morning after I'm up and moving around for about an hour I will "go". Sometimes in a severe bout of OIC, I may need the larger dose of 4TBL. Just remember... Lots of water with this. Good luck!"

Queen of constipation. (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2016

For Constipation "I have been dealing with increasingly stubborn constipation over the last 5 years and nothing physically can be found to account for it. I've tried all sorts of products, changing parts of my diet, lots of water and that only ever partially work but never a complete or proper emptying and usually once a week. Finally bought MoM on my GP's suggestion and took the one cap full. Next morning I went quite a bit and only felt partially empty and the stool was still very dry. However, after that first day I went for a whole week following I went like a normal person, completely emptied my bowel without any effort and the stool was soft with normal amount of water content in it. I haven't experience anything like that for at least 5 years. Buy it!"

Mr Chronically Full (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2015

For Constipation "This stuff definitely works. I'm 27 weeks pregnant and have been backed up for the better part of the last two weeks. I'm scared to take anything as far as medications because this is my first and I don't want to chance anything, Like someone else said, take as recommended and drink water!! Don't over do it it may take as long at 6 hours. And DO NOT take of you have somewhere to be. I would describe this as cramp free for sure, but I would say you may be confused if you're peeing or not. You're probably not peeing, and it's definitely working. Will definitely be replacing my regular laxative!! Oh and it's a little chalky, but not terrible if you shoot it."

Elippman (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2015

For Constipation "I was 7 days constipated and had tried EVERYTHING. I finally took 2 Tbsp Milk of Magnesia on day 7 at about 8:30 pm. By 10:00 I had a bowel movement, followed by another one the next night, and one the night after that. CAREFUL WITH DOESEAGE. Especially if you gotta go places! This gave me awful gas and I had the cramp free kind. I only took the minimum 2 TBSP only once and it worked like a charm, for 3 straight days!"

NameNotNecessary (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2015

For Constipation "Never again. This stuff made me violently sick. Vomiting. Headache. I had the shakes. It was terrible. I stick with magnesium citrate. On ice."

Ellasmommy December 1, 2015

For Constipation "This stuff is the real deal. It really clears you out. I had my gallbladder removed and was on pain meds, so I was unable to "go" for at least 5 days. I panicked because normally I poop 6-7 times a day. So I called the nurse scared. She suggested milk of magnesia. The bottle called for 2 tablespoons, but I felt so binded and plugged up that I chugged 3 tablespoons. And it began. 20 minutes after I drank it. It was like an explosion of chowder, every 10 minutes. I'm glad it worked, no cramps, no pain, just extreme anal gushing and this happened every 10 minutes making it inconvenient and annoying but hey it had to be done. I got the berry flavored one and it was relatively tasty."

Allie oop November 5, 2015

For Indigestion "I had heartburn at my father's house and asked for a tumms. He said " this will help." And gave me a mostly full bottle of Phillips. Not knowing it was a laxative I took a nice pull from the bottle. It helped a small bit for the time being. On the way home my heartburn came back so one more nice slug. And just to be sure a third. By the time I was in the driveway I had nice rumble in my tummy but no heart burn. I talked to my girlfriend for while till nature called. I thought I got some bad food from the cafeteria at work. For a good two hours I have released myself and I am still going. I hoped online to check out milk of magnesia and now I'm here. Hope I will get to sleep tonight without ruining the sheets. It works and I'm all clean!"

Drewsuf November 2, 2015

For Constipation "I found it really nauseating. I prefer not to take it again. The texture was hard to get down for me as well. Glad it works for some people."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2015

For Constipation "I am 12 weeks pregnant and have not been able to for for over a week. Needless to say the bloating and cramping was insanity and my stomach felt rock hard. I took 2 tbsp of MoM the first time and it didnt do anything. So the next day before I went to bed I took 3 and I woke up and finally had relief! It did come in the form of basically just straight water... Which was unpleasant. But I don't hurt anymore!"

Nibbler's Host (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2015

For Constipation "Thank you for this website!!!! I would not be a happy camper today if not for these reviews. I thought I had a flu bug last weekend and in 2 days I was only going a little bit with barely any gas release during the day and became super bloated.Normally you can set an alarm by my bowel habits - at least 3 times a day. I tried using vegetables and prunes etc. but by day 5 I figured I should try a laxative before going to the doctor. The pharmacist recommended another product but it had terrible reviews - too harsh. I bough the mint MoM and took 2 tbsp around 9:30. By midnight I had a small relief and around 2 AM I was up with diarrea for the rest of the night. Not complaining - got total relief with NO cramping! Sore muscles today tho"

Barbiegoyle October 3, 2015

For Constipation "I hate this vile tasting substance more than anything. And the flavored ones do not help the taste. However, it works every single time with out any cramping. I have tried every laxative out there and this is the only one 100% reliable and 100% cramp free. It also comes in a concentrated form and so, less is consumed for the same results. It comes in tablet form but is not as reliable. I wish that there could be a better way to get the gentle, reliable relief that Milk of Magnesia gives."

Tastes vile but always works (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2015

For Constipation "Took 2tbsp before i went to bed at 10 pm. Definitely drink water with it..it dries your mouth out. Could tell something was happening in my stomache and had two normal bowel movements throughout the night. I didnt feel compfeel completely relieved yet but refrained from taking anymore and im glad i did! By 630 the next morning I had to go again and didnt leave the commode for a good 20 minutes...everything definitely cleaned out. Geyser is the term that comes to mind without being overly descriptive. 2tbsp was enough in my case for a small framed female 113 pounds constipated for 3 days. Dont take more be patient. Def. Using this from now on, but will be switching to flavored for sure."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2015

For Constipation "It works extremely well but when they say cramp free that's a lie :("

Amazing Amy August 23, 2015

For Constipation "I have had severe constipation and I was barely using the bathroom within 8 months I would say I was using the bathroom about once or twice a week. Just last night I tried milk of magnesia and it was a life saver! barely using the bathroom within 8 months is very dangerous so I was so scared! But this helped and I'm so happy! I feel a lot better!"

cirronna (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2015

For Constipation "I had my wisdom teeth out and a few days later my pain medicine made me constipated. I felt that I had to go and I tried but it hurt sooooooo bad!! So I had my mom go out and get me this and I took some before I went to bed and in the morning it kinda worked. (I didn't drink enough). Then I took some more in the morning and it worked like a charm."

Thisguy2748 August 12, 2015

For Constipation "Best laxative out there! I have chronic constipation due to psych meds. I've tried every laxative out there, and have a very healthy, plant based diet etc. but nothing has helped. Milk of magnesia is the only effective remedy I've found. Best to take it on an empty stomach- it doesn't seem to work if you're full of food- and drink lots of water. Within 2 hours of taking 4tbsp I had 2 bowel movements. No cramps or bloating or pain or diarrhea. This stuff works great."

Amk1960 (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2015

For Constipation "I've been having bad stomach aches for the past 6 days, finally realized it was constipation. My boyfriend went to the 24hr CVS and got me some MOM around 330am, took 4tbs at 410 had a bottle of water, felt the urge to go 30 minutes later"

rockett0711 July 21, 2015

For Constipation "Effective and not irritating"

Derek Cassells (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2015

For Constipation "I have been told I had IBS in the ER. The doctor said MOM is very gentle if I got constipated and I do from time to time. So after feeling bloated and bound up I took the 2 Tbsp dose and waited...well in an hour I was almost running to the throne and every 15 minutes after for an hour. It does as advertised. "

Pirates 2015 June 12, 2015

For Constipation "I'm only 17 and I am always constipated. I've tried fiber one bars, miralax, and 4 water bottles a day. (Not all at once) but after not having a bowel movement after one week I decided to try milk of magnesia. My great grandma swore by it and my mom picked it up and told me to give it a shot. I took 1 tbsp at about 11pm and went to bed. Woke up and didn't feel the urge. Took 1 tbsp at about 9 am and had a satisfactory BM in 30 minutes. This stuff is great."

Fujderyuiv June 11, 2015

For Constipation "About a week after I got my wisdom teeth surgical removed, I began to have painful constipation due to the side effects of the pain medication I was taking, despite an all liquid diet. I had taken the pill version of Ducolax before, but wanted to try a different, more natural remedy. I took the recommended dose for adults, 3 tablespoons (recommended is 3-4tbs) around 1:00pm. I took a nap and 5 hours later, still nothing. At 6 pm I took another 2 tablespoons, this time with 2 full glasses of water. The relief finally occurred around 9:30pm that same day. However, after the first time it has continued to flood out like water almost every 30 minutes. I am talking severe anal leakage. Just be patient and wait after the first dose, unlike me!"

Wisdom151515 June 11, 2015

For Constipation "I took 3 tbsp and it worked like crazy within 2 hours for me. So far I have been back and forth in the bathroom for 7 times. I drank some more water after the 5th time and it made me run back twice more. If I ever have to use it again, I will only take 1tbsp."

Annie QA May 24, 2015

For Constipation "I had jaw surgery 2 weeks ago and I have to be on liquid diet for maybe less than 6 weeks but can also have very soft foods. After a week and half I started eating scrabled eggs and then a couple days later I had to go poop and COULD NOT come out. It was painfull and to the point I was crying, then I was researching on what is the most effective out there... Magnesiam Citrate. I went to walgreens with my dad and he said when he was a child, this was the BEST solutions that helped him out on his constipation. When I bought the Wild Cherry flavor of MOM Phillips I took it right away. It Immediately helped out the cramps because it was extermely painful then I went to take a long nap then 5 hours later IT CAME OUT LIKE A DREAM. Try it Please!"

JBeanyy May 17, 2015

For Constipation "If you want this Medicine to be effective drink plenty of water after taking it. All magnesium does is draw water into the bowel so the more you drink the faster and looser the stool will come. :)"

nephy May 9, 2015

For Constipation "I tried EVERYTHING. I'm 70 and have had chronic constipation. Nothing worked. Today I was miserable! But, then I decided to try what my 98 year old Mother In law took every night of her long life. MOM! I also know a woman who is 104 and takes two tablespoons every night of her exceptional life. Both these women had no side effects and regular as clock work. I took 2 TBs of the cherry flavored MOM at 10am and at 2:30 it worked ! Try it, people :)"

BCakes (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2015