User Reviews for Phillips' Milk of Magnesia

Learn more about Phillips' Milk of Magnesia.

Constipation 5 reviews 236 medications

9.1
Acne 1 reviews 506 medications

Indigestion 0 reviews 228 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Phillips' Milk of Magnesia reviews 6 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Phillips' Milk of Magnesia

Review by yayaone:

For Acne: I tried Milk of Magnesia on my face not too long ago. I suffer from acne and very oily skin. It helped dry out my oily skin. It left my skin feeling smooth too. I now use this as a mask once a week.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 24, 2014 5:19 PM

Review by Sammy Neal (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Constipation: Drinking a few extra 16oz bottles of water during the period after taking the Milk of Magnesia will help stop the painful hard stools constipation usually brings. It will help ease the release. There can be different amount of time you can expect the recommended dosage to work. For me it's best taken on an empty stomach. No food for 4 hours or more helps speed the desired effect. If it's been several days since you normally have movements it will also take longer for the effects to begin. Drink water, as much as you possibly can. If diarrhea occurs cut back on water. Take the prescribed dose, not more. Drinking lots of water along with sufficient fiber in my diet has become much easier than fighting with constant constipation.

January 9, 2014 11:12 AM

Review by Whyputaname:

For Constipation: I remember this product when I was a kid. My mom used to keep a bottle of it in the house all of the time, that was decades ago. I have used the pill form for the first time and it still works quite well. I find the pill form a little more tolerable then drinking the liquid form. But, what I like about it most is that it doesn't cause the cramps. For anyone reading, the best time to take any laxative is at night before going to bed. Also take a full 8oz glass of liquid (water preferably) when taking any pill form laxative. Water helps with constipation to begin with. The directions call for 2 to 4 pills, I took 3.

October 4, 2013 8:03 AM

Review by Stuck Waiting:

For Constipation: Due to pregnancy I experienced constipation, no relief in 3 days. I took the Milk of Magnesia at 8:00 am (I work from home) and thought that by the time my husband was home from work all the effects would be over. I took 5 tsps (as I know from past experience most laxatives I need higher dosage for relief), and by 5:30pm when my husband was home still nothing. It wasn't until 10:00 pm that I was able to relieve myself. A full 14 hours later. I was very happy that I had no cramping, and a very easy Bowel Motion, but had I been away from my home I would've been much more upset with the time line. My advice for a first time user, keep close to home for a day until you know how fast it works for you.

August 24, 2013 12:11 AM

For Constipation: I have tried doc-u-lace and colace and they never worked for me. This works, if you are really stopped up (think at least 2-3 days), take almost the whole cup (3-4tbsp.), if it doesn't work after about 12-28 hrs, take another 2-3 tbsp.

February 22, 2013 12:23 AM

For Constipation: Milk Of Magnesia is great. The only complaint for me was that the dose of 1 cup didn't work within 6 hours as advertised. It took about 10 hours instead. As time went by I had forgotten I took it; I went to a party and of course it started working there. To be predictable (2-3 hours) I have to take about 3-4 cups. The only problem with that is that you keep going once it starts working, even the following morning. However, it's very gentle, no cramps. When I need it I just plan on being home. It's the best.

November 24, 2010 11:32 AM

Review by country woman:

We learned that milk of magnesia applied directly to bed sores works wonderfully. My Dad had a bed sore and a nursing assistant told us to try it. My Dad said it felt wonderful and the bed sore healed so quickly.

August 11, 2008 8:27 PM