Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Linzess

Learn more about Linzess.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome 48 reviews 129 medications

Constipation, Chronic 83 reviews 29 medications

8.4
Constipation 20 reviews 239 medications

7.9
Summary of Linzess reviews 151 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Linzess

Review by brangelina (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation, Chronic: I am a 70-year old female who has had a chronic problem with colonic inertia for many years and have done the water-fiber thing, eating healthy, exercise, various laxatives, enemas -- you name it. Not only did these measures not help much but I was always having abdominal pain, bloating, heartburn and just not enjoying eating anymore. I was placed on Linzess and have taken 2 pills thus far and I think I am experiencing a miracle. I have a full and complete Bowel Motion with normal cramping and no more suffering with bloating and cramping during the day. I just pray it continues and my body doesn't get used to it and stop working.

April 9, 2015 1:12 PM

Review by AvaJean:

For Constipation, Chronic: I have been taking this for a little over a month, and I am extremely happy. I have suffered from chronic constipation my entire life. Since on this medication, I have regular bowel movements and less cramping and bloating. It does make me drowsy, so I now take it before I go to bed. I take one at night and by the morning, I am able to go.

April 1, 2015 8:48 PM

Review by The Runner (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation, Chronic: First day, first dose. Bowel urgency greater than I ever could imagine. If I want to have the contents of my bowels liquefied, I can take magnesium citrate. I'm nauseous and I have a headache. I'll have to only take it on days when I am close to a private toilet.

April 1, 2015 12:45 AM

Review by loisie (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation, Chronic: I have had severe constipation all my life. Was taking over the counter laxatives daily to go too the bathroom so I decided to talk to my Dr. about prescription laxative, she gave me Linzess. Well I have been on Linzess for a week now. Mornings are such a breeze. I take Linzess 145mg a half hour before meal and have a elimination with in 2 hours or less. This medicine is a miracle for me.

March 27, 2015 11:57 AM

Review by StephanieHappy:

For Constipation, Chronic: I have used Linzess for one year and feel much better. I have not missed work or had an ER visit due to pain. I have not missed a family event and sleep all night.

March 22, 2015 1:50 PM

Review by marianf (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Constipation: I have been on this medication for one month in my constipation problem has been completely resolved. It is a true miracle.

March 15, 2015 12:41 AM

Review by Tez10288 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: I have been taking Linzess for Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Constipation for about 9 months. It has been very helpful. I take one 290 mg tablet every day a half hour before dinner and have a comfortable bowel movement first thing the following morning. I have never been this regular before. It is such a relief to know that I will not spend the day with cramps, bloating and gas. The only issue is that my stomach is very noisy and bubbly during the night but I find that oddly comforting because it means the Linzess is working!

March 5, 2015 9:45 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Constipation, Chronic: This medicine is everything. I take this and within an hour I'm in the bathroom. Once I take the pill I drink a whole bottle of water and it helps a whole lot better. Usually go 2-3 times when I take the medicine. This medicine has saved my life.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 5, 2015 6:13 PM

Review by AngiS69 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: I did not have any diarrhea when I started it and I have been using it for 6 months. I have noticed a big difference in the last 3 months in that my stools are much smaller and softer. The biggest difference for me is pain reduction. My episodes of crippling abdomenal pain has all but stopped. That has changed my life!

February 28, 2015 7:55 AM

Review by BB88 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation, Chronic: I have suffered from chronic constipation since my mom said I was in diapers. I will go up to 2 weeks without movement when on no medication. I started on Amitiza 10 years ago, learned how to deal with the side effects, but still hated the nauseousness they cause. I asked my doctor to switch me to Linzess even though she hasn't had any patients on it yet, and so far I LOVE IT! No terrible side effects. Yes I get diarrhea on it, but that is common for any medication I take for CIC. I'll take diarrhea over constipation any day. No stomach pain, no bloating, no water retention!

February 25, 2015 12:58 PM

Review by GI nurse:

For Constipation, Chronic: I have severe chronic idiopathic constipation. And Lizness usually works within 2-3 hours after taking it. It doesn't work every time but if it works 2 times a week then I'm happy. Without it I only had a Bowel Motion once a month at the most. And that's after using magnesium citrate.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 23, 2015 9:43 PM

Review by Jeff's one time use (taken for less than 1 month):

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Severe diarrhea started in one hour with about 5 ounces discharge every 2 minutes. Was not able to consume water fast enough to prevent dehydration. Diarrhea slowed after a couple hours. Most diarrhea was over after 6 hours.

February 23, 2015 10:34 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: Weight gain very rapid. It'd rather deal with constipation than the weight gain.

February 17, 2015 8:01 PM

Review by K579 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Almost two years ago I battled C. Diff. up to having to have a Fecal Transfer after which (from the long battle with C. Diff) I developed IBS-C and have had the worst time with fiber, laxatives, stool softener, etc. Until three months ago when my GI prescribed Linzess. At first I noticed initial difficulty as my stool was very solid and made it tough to start but that got much easier as time went on. I now have a bowel motion a day and feel so much better. I learned, for me, if I take the Linzess with a good amount of water, it helps make it feel like I am cleaned out. You do have to plan extra time but I'll take waking up earlier over IBS-C flares. I recommend Linzess - life changing med!! THERE IS A DISCOUNT CARD ON WEBSITE, you pay first $35.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 7, 2015 10:55 AM

Review by butterflyla77la (taken for less than 1 month):

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: 37 yr old f..Suffered with ibsc going on 2y now.1st prescription of lizness for this issue this week (was trying otc products, they stopped working) all I gotta say is I can't complain about side effects or cost because I feel myself again FINALLY! My symptoms have caused me to become unreliable I just quit planning period,lost weight (gradually went to 112 from 130..now I'm 119 before linzess)taken 2 doses so far..have some gas/rumbling but no bloating yet. Have to take it in evening due to work sch..I don't think I will need it every day but will take it every day the 1st week just to see how it does. It would be good if ins covered..this is a REAL DEBILITATING ISSUE! I wish they new what causes IBS and I pray this med cont to work!☺

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 7, 2015 7:37 AM

Review by naturally:

For Constipation: I started the sample, after taking the 2nd bottle I now have relief, (diarrhea). I have been asked by my doctor to stop taking it.

February 2, 2015 10:59 AM

Review by DH1966:

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: I have suffered my entire life with IBS-C. Like many other people, I have been to several specialists, increased fiber, water and taken several types of laxatives. My best experience with prescription medication has been with Zelnorm. Linzess is comparable in that it helps me have a bowel motion without cramping and I do feel evacuation is complete. HOWEVER, I will add that the bloating is horrible which is a problem initially. Zelnorm did not make me feel that way. My stomach was flat, I felt amazing. The upside to Linzess is that it works and I'll take diarrhea over miserable constipation any day. I only take the minimum dose once a week and I make sure it's on a day I'm not going to leave the house. I won't take this every day.

February 1, 2015 5:01 PM

Review by Vicki in Buffalo (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Constipation, Chronic: Low dose worked great but after samples were done and coupon used I was asked to pay 286 dollars for a 30 day supply with my auto worker retiree medical plan. Back to constipation it seems...TOO EXPENSIVE.

January 31, 2015 8:31 AM

Review by Kate G. (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Taken Linzess (145mg) for about 7 months now. I think what people need to know is that you can experiment with the dosing of it. My doctor prescribed it for me because I've suffered with IBS-C since my early 20s -17ys. Like others, it caused a lot of loose stool at first, but it does get better. I also found that if I took it every day after the initial adjustment period, it stopped working as well, so I backed off and starting taking it every 3 days. My body doesn't get too used to it, so it is still routinely effective without having to go to a higher dose. Also, sometimes I have bowel movements normally between doses, sometimes I don't. The magic of this is that I don't have to freak out about it now and I don't get bloated.

January 29, 2015 12:11 PM

Review by Flip4me62 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Constipation, Chronic: I have suffered for a year with severe gastro problems that landed me in the emergency room 3 times and a ride in the ambulance. This medicine is a miracle but can cause severe diarrhea (like stay close to the bathroom and don't leave your house till you adjust). It is a miracle medication and has greatly improved the quality of my life.

January 17, 2015 2:31 PM

Review by First Week User (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation, Chronic: Same as others here, constipation for 20 years (currently in my 40s). I'd go weeks without a movement, became terribly ill. Laxatives caused intense cramping, nausea and fainting, so when Miralax came out I was thrilled. 5 years later on the Miralax almost daily, my doctor suggested the Linzess. Started samples (245mg) until I could fill my (145mg) script, and I don't recommend the higher dose - terrible cramping, nausea and unpredictable movements. After starting the 145mg dose, I'm doing much better, with a very productive movement (or 2!!) every day, but I'm disappointed. I'm fairly torn to shreds with fissures from hard, forceful movements. Hoping for improvement soon!

January 7, 2015 9:17 AM

Review by DC211:

For Constipation, Chronic: Was prescribed Linzess for chronic constipation. Within 6 days I gained 7 pounds. When you're only 120 pounds, 7 is great! I'm an extremely active person and healthy eater. Thought it was water weight from the medicine, but been off the medicine for over a week and still weigh the same. Wish I had seen all the posts online about rapid and stubborn weight gain prior to taking the it!

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 4, 2015 10:45 PM

Review by 67usaf:

For Constipation, Chronic: Began taking the 145MCG at first it worked great then after a few times not so great. Doctor suggested I take two pills a day (290MCG total). That worked much better. I skip some days if I'm going to be away from home or far from a bathroom. This stuff works great but at least for me I have to plan my activities around the dosage.

January 2, 2015 8:59 AM

Review by Janice33:

For Constipation, Chronic: This has been a life saver for me. I've had several bouts of diverticulitis and my gastroenterologist referred me to a surgeon for a consult. I asked for a trial of Linzess. Immediately I had relief. It worked "too well" in the beginning (stayed close to bathroom entire a.m.). Now I use 145 dose daily and I am fine. So grateful for Linzess!

December 30, 2014 7:22 AM

Review by Maejoe (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation, Chronic: Wonderful, works in about one hour.

December 27, 2014 5:41 PM