User Reviews for Linzess

Learn more about Linzess.

Constipation, Chronic 161 reviews 30 medications

7.7
Irritable Bowel Syndrome 92 reviews 137 medications

7.6
Constipation 42 reviews 244 medications

7.3
Summary of Linzess reviews 295 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Linzess

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I LOVE this medication. For years I felt like a rabbit .Hours in bathroom only to produce pellets if lucky. Diagnosed with severe diverticular entire colon and several diverticulitis attacks within a year. Colon resection and possible candidate for a bag was on the table untli my GI recommended Linzess. (Miralax , Milk of Magnesia and many others did not work for me). This pill is a miracle for me. Taking the 290 in the morning. wait 30 minutes to eat , then within 3 hour I am empty and ready for the day !! Yes ther is diahrea sometimes within that 3 hours but NOT painful or uncomfortable. I have not had 1 diverticulitis attack in 1 year now ! I am just over the moon thrilled. I am thankful for this prescription."

Salmon58 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 25, 2016

For Constipation "This is a life changing amazing medication. I found that it works best for me if I do not eat past 6pm and then take the pill before bed around 9 or 10 pm. Then I go to the bathroom in the morning 2-3 times before work and I have never felt better. I have to much energy now and a flatter not bloated painful stomach!! I know it does not work for everyone but it worked for me and if you have issued you should try this for sure. I had to play with the time I took it for awhile but now that I have it dialed in I hope I never have to live without it!!"

Ipoopedtoday! (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "So I take this on and off. Well I am back on. And first off, I struggle with weight issues CONSTANTLY! Last week 5-11 I weighed 143. Today 5-20 I weigh 151!!! Haven't changed eating habits, drinking habits. Nothing. Needless to say it's nice to go to the bathroom. But when I have to fit in a wedding dress in 29 days I think I'll pass on the medication. The weight gain, water rent entire, severe bloating stomach. Think I'll pass."

Dresmiles May 20, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "Suffer from IBS and have chronic constipation. This medication gave me some relief the first 4 days and from there it was all downhill. I now have diarrhea along with stomach cramps and can't leave the house due to these horrible side effects. I am on the lowest dose and have even tried to take it ever other day and then seem to revert back to constipation. I have been in bed all day today and feel sick with stomach cramps and feel very tired. I would not recommend this medication. Think I'll try Metamucil from now on and see how that works. Due to the IBS I am unable to eat most fibrous foods. I am very thin and linzess is causing more weight loss. Not a good medication."

Androcles (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "For as far back as I could remember I always had issues going to bathroom. constipation. Bloating. Straining just for "pellets". I tried numerous over the counter products from powder forms to pills and they Did not work at all and caused more severe bloating and cramps. I found out I have colonic intertia. I had the strongest dose prescribed to me of the linzess and found that if I take it on an empty stomach 30 min before I eat dinner after I'm done eating id say 30 min to an hour I'll feel some pressure but no pain and know it's time to head to the bathroom and it cleans me out. I usually have maybe 2 small bathroom trips after and then I'm good for the nite. I usually take it twice a week not everyday or as needed to go to bathroom."

Jaye3680 May 17, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I've had severe chronic constipation for 3 years now. About a week ago I finally got health insurance so the first thing I did was make an appointment with a gastro. She prescribed me Linzess. For the first 2 days of taking it I had horrible cramps and my stomach was constantly making noises. Well on the 3rd day I finally went. It was only a tiny bit which was very disappointing. I'm now on day 4 and I am literally stuck to the toilet. I have severe cramps, nausea, heartburn, headache and no energy what so ever. I feel like I could fall asleep on the toilet. I have never been so miserable. I will definitely be calling my doctor on Monday and will never take this horrible pill again."

CW16 (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "My doctor prescribed Linzess for my irregular, but chronic constipation. I have been on the drug for 2 months, but today is the last day I will take it. This drug controls your life. it is a good thing that I am retired, because there are some days I cannot leave the house. The effects of the medicine can last up to 6 hours and I have to remain really close to the bathroom. I have gained 6 unexplained pounds since I began the drug. My abdomen is so bloated, spanx does not help. I have to find an alternative."

avm (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I have tried taking it at night and in the morning on an empty stomach was very hopeful after reading reviews....no such luck Nothing happened it was like i wasn't taking anything maybe I should keep taking it as after a week I quit. I wish they would bring Zelnorm back it was perfect worked like a dream! Now trying Amitiza still nothing...resorting back to Miralax (which gives me gas) and Milk of Magnesia sometimes along with Ducolax and you have to stay home. Very frustrated"

YMB (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Took linzess one time and wound up in the ER the same night due to a horrible rash. I had horrific diareha the hours leading up to the rash. I now have a big hospital bill and no relief of IBM. Will NOT ever take it again."

PMDSH May 7, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "My experience with this medication has been absolutely horrible!! I have been taking it for 2 months, I have severe bloating, gas, and bad diarrhea. Can't even leave my home. My doctor told me to cut back to one pill every other day, and its like it has completely stopped working I have bad pain and nothing coming out! I have had ins-c for 14 years, and I just wish they could come up with something that works and that's not so harsh on your bowels! It's absolutely terrible!!!"

Anonymous April 26, 2016

Anonymous April 26, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I was born with heirschprungs disease and have fought constipation all my life and as I've gotten older, it's getting so much worse. I took Zelnorm when it was on the market and it was a dream come true. Unfortunately it was pulled for possible side effects. Duh ... what meds don't? I've used Linzess 3 times now. Yes, it cleans me out but I have horrible stomach cramps and severe diarrhea. But as others have said, it's far better than being constipated for days on end. I so wish someone would/could bring Zelnorm back. Best solution there was. Will only use Linzess on occasion."

Mostly Miserable April 19, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I have had stomach and bowel movement issues since I was 2. I have tried everything. Reflexology, acupuncture, medicines and drank mineral oil for 10 years. I took one 145 mg pill and in 6 hours I actually had a bowel movement and several more to follow in the next 6 hours. I weighed myself the next day and I had lost 3 pounds. It does have some not so great side effects but I am happy that I can go. I don't take it everyday because it is too much for me I can't sit on the toilet all day but I do take it every other day it's working for me!!"

Jonie Jo (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2016

For Constipation "I been taking Linzess going to be a month. It hasn't work on me, just gives me more Ga.s No it doesn't make me go to bathroom "Sad Momy""

No Happy April 10, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I went to a GI specialist last week, assuming I had some serious issues other than constipation. However, it was just that- chronic constipation. The doctor gave me samples of Linzess and I started it at 10am on an empty stomach. I had a bowl of oatmeal about half an hour later. Then, 20-30 minutes after I had eaten I had the urge to use the rest room and for the first time in years, without the help of several laxitives, I expelled. Three times within a two hour time frame. I don't mind the diarrhea, because it was much worse not being able to go. But it is scary knowing you have to pass gas and not knowing if you might accidentally crap yourself."

Anon2d2 April 10, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I guess my experience is unique in that I am an eating disorder survivor and my chronic constipation originated from purging (forcing myself to vomit &/or take huge quantities of various kinds of laxatives) for many years... I have been taking Linzess for about 16 months now. I would say it took 3-4 months for it to actually start working for me, but when it did, it seriously changed my life for the better. However, lately it has not really been working at all, which is extremely anxiety-provoking and concerning, as it took me forever to find a solution to my problem...and now I might have to start looking for another."

anonymous c (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 8, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "Like many others, I had high hopes. After year of stool softeners, laxatives, exercise, water, high fiber, etc. with a bowel movement 1 or 2 times/week and rarely feeling like I was 'empty' I got a 30 day RX filled (my ins paid). I didn't experience anything for a couple of days, then a few soft stools. As the days went on, I would have an occasional bowl movement but I started having horrible gas! I tied to stick with it since I figured it would just take time to regulate everything so I refilled RX. Well, today is MY LAST DAY TAKING LINZESS!! I have been more bloated today than ever in my life, I have pain from my sternum to my pelvis my abdomen is so distended. Gained 4lbs in 6 days!! MIS.ER.A.BLE!!!!!!"

TobiasJackson (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I took one pill that gave me a terrible stomach ache that lasted three days."

Hugh Borgia April 6, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have been taking Linzess for the past 2 months. I love it!! I do not suffer from IBS or constipation anymore. I take as directed and works perfectly. I must note that I have to take hydrochlorothiazide for high blood pressure. The Linzess did not work when I took the diuretic. I drank and drank water and all it did was make me pee. I have noticed less bloating and water retension since I took the Linzess. I try not to take the diuretic unless I need it. The Linzess has given me a better quality of life!! Love it!!!"

Chivi April 5, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I took a 145mcg dose yestersay morning at 8am on an empty stomach and ate 1 hour later. I still haven't gone to the bathroom, nothin at all but stomach gurgles. I just had a ct scan on Wednesday and X-ray showing I was completely backed up. I tried an enema at home Thursday and miralax and probiotics and that didn't help either. I am on opiod medication and have been experiencing chronic constipation for years now. My husband however experiences temporary constipation and took the same medication yesterday morning and within hours he had diarrhea and his stomach has been hurting allday. I was worried about starting this after reading all the bad reviews especially about weight gain. I can see it works different for everyone. I will try again"

Arae29 April 2, 2016

For Constipation "I've only been on this med about one week, but it worked immediately. My intestinal motility was vastly improved, I had no cramps, stomach pains or discomfort. The only side effects I've experience is diarrhea with some urgency, and a SLIGHT increase in gas but with no bloating. I haven't taken any of the significant amount of laxatives I've had to take in the past, the Lizness is all I've had to take. I'm hoping that overtime the urgency for the diarrhea will adjust (I don't mind the diarrhea itself, it's far preferable to the uncomfortable constipation!)"

ceezbabe (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I have had severe consitpation for years, after having children. However, I have always had a problem w/ constipation since child hood. I tried everything I could over the counter and several different meds from Dr's from all over the US. (traveling military).. Finally I have tried Linzess. I have had good/ bad experiences with it. On the first 3 days I took it, it was great. I took it on an empty stomach 30 mins before breakfast or coffee. Then I felt that I had no more to poop, so I didn't take it again for 2-3 days. I took it as directed again; nothing happened all day, but I had severe stomach cramps/heartburn for over 24 hours. NOTHING will stop this pain. I've read that taking it at night before bed can help. Im going to try this too"

LinzessUser (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I was nervouse taking this at first, always have been afraid to take laxatives. After about 2-3 weeks now I've noticed that for the first 12 hours or so after taking Linzess, I have no appetite and very loose BM almost to the point of diarrhea. After that 12 hour window, I'm right back to constipated and in pain from the stomach/intestine cramps. Need to contact the Dr to see what to do now."

Jay488 March 23, 2016

For Constipation "I have no opinion on linzess as a patient - never used it, never needed to. I just have a giant problem with your ads on TV. You have, arguably, the lamest, most boring and most unimaginative ads. Do you not have any form of supervision/editing/oversight? I mean, you don't needed to be computer savvy to better what you have on TV; literally anything with some form of imagination would be better. Please."

Jay_ March 18, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I have dealt with chronic constipation all my life. No matter how I change my diet, no matte how much I work out to keep things moving I still get constipated. I can go weeks at a time with no BM and sometimes a whole month. I know this is definitely not normal. My doctor has done 3 colonoscopies and can't seem to find anything wrong. About 3 months ago I went in with severe constipation and nothing I took helped. He gave me samples of Linzess, I was afraid to take them at first but I was so miserable I said what the heck, better out than in. I took the Linzess and within 4 hours I was in the restroom. I still had to do just a little lite pushing since the stool that was already in the rectal area was hard as a brick. I Love Linzess"

Ms. Tee3636 March 10, 2016