User Reviews for Linzess

Learn more about Linzess.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome 25 reviews 123 medications

7.6
Summary of Linzess reviews 73 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Linzess

Review by Shun (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation: I love this medicine it's a miracle... very effective. Have battled constipation for a long time.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 16, 2014 11:03 PM
Review by 31 year old female (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation: I have had irritable bowel syndrome with severe constipation for 16 years and this is the first medicine that I can say has truly worked for me. On the medicine I have diarrhea, bloating and a lot of gas but it definitely cleans me out. Hope to get past the gas and bloating once it gets in my system good. Only been taking it for 3 days.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 14, 2014 10:43 PM
Review by franny9564 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: I have suffered with irritable bowel syndrome for 45 years. Different medicines worked for short periods but quit. Linzess has greatly improved my days but the cost keeps me from taking it daily so it must be taken sparingly.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 10, 2014 1:38 PM
Review by Maggiejozi: User Rating:

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: I've had chronic constipation for as long as I can remember. Tried eating more fiber and drinking more water and that just makes things worse. Prescribed the 145 and took it in the morning. Nothing for the first 4 days then remembered my doc said that some of her patients had better luck taking it at night. It worked great then. Some times I have diarrhea but not always. The only downside is unpredictability. I will take this over constipation any day. Other then diarrhea, I have no side affects. So give it a try at night if you aren't having luck in the morning.

March 23, 2014 9:31 PM
Review by LJalmostB: User Rating:

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: I began taking medication for my thyroid about a year ago. Prior to that I NEVER had issues with constipation. I was an "at least once-a-day goer" and happy about it. The various medications I started REALLY messed me up. I would go DAYS without a bowel movement and I FELT TERRIBLE. I was not made for this. A tried every over the counter medication, both natural and not, that you can imagine. Nothing would work. About 40 days ago my doctor prescribed me Linzess and I have gone *almost* every day since. It almost ALWAYS loose stool, however I sometimes even have to run to the restroom. But I will take that over constipation ANY day. One other drawback is that my stomach is VERY loud when I'm on it. Quiet rooms, quiet meetings...

March 19, 2014 2:34 PM
Review by Melissa Ann: User Rating:

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Well I started taking a low dose and it took about 4 hours for it to kick in. I literally went about 7 times throughout the night and most of the morning. I had some cramps, my stools weren't watery just lots of stool. I'm really worn out from going so much. But the up side. I feel pretty empty and when I go, I feel complete. This was just the first day!! I'm afraid to take it again since I don't want it to interrupt my day. I literally have to run to the restroom!

March 16, 2014 12:34 AM
Review by computergal (taken for less than 1 month):

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation: I had abdominal surgery and was on opiods for the recovery period. I became constipated and finally gave in and took Linzess. It worked perfectly. I had a normal movement the next morning and had no side effects at all. As long as I take Linzess in the morning I am regular as clockwork.

March 11, 2014 11:45 AM
Review by Ron_42 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Have suffered from Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Constipation for many years. Have been taking Linzess for 2 months now. I take it every morning 30-60 minutes before I eat, and it works wonderfully! I no longer have to deal the that bloated feeling and belly pain I would feel throughout the day. I also feel that I completely get my stools out, no longer deal with straining on the toilet. Having a bowel motion is now very easy for me and I no longer have to deal with these issues on a regular basis. You do have to take it every day and not skip a dose. You might get loose stools on the first couple of doses when you start Linzess, wasn't a big deal and went away after the first few days. Probably "loosening" my stools up so I would no longer be constipated.

March 1, 2014 8:51 AM
Review by JenMc: User Rating:

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: I am 37 year old female who has been suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome-C for almost a year now. I went from having a bowel movement every 5 to 7 days to having one daily on this medication. I've been taking it for a month now and it started working right away. I do not have to run to the bathroom like some users have mentioned. You take it in the morning and about 30 to 60 minutes later it creates a movement. It has been so wonderful to feel "normal" again. However, the two draw backs I have noticed are, one, it doesn't really help with bloating (which is probably my main complaint), and the cost is an issue. I have three months of free samples then the cost is right around $200 a month.

February 15, 2014 4:30 PM
Review by computergal (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: Tried to get my husband to take this since it came out in January. I was tired of him moping around the house taking laxatives. He has opioid induced constipation of the worst kind. He finally gave in and tried this and says it is a miracle. It worked within 3 hours and did the job. It also did it smoothly without pain. He will be taking it regularly from now on. He had to pay $30 copay with our insurance.

February 6, 2014 9:00 PM
Review by mrs jojoxo:

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: I've been battling chronic constipation, and with that a 50lb weight gain over the past several years. I also have leukemia so the medicines make the constipation 10x worse. I tried the lower dose Linzess and nothing (I was so constipated that the bowel prep for the colonoscopy did not work at all. Took 2 tries). So my doctor upped the dose on the Linzess to the 290 and I love it. I haven't felt this "empty" in years and its motivated me to eat healthier since I have dropped 10lbs in one week. Be sure to drink a lot of water! Also, if works differently on everyone so when first taking it....be sure you will be near a bathroom. I will take the extra bathroom trips over horrendous constipation any day! It works for those gaining weight.

February 4, 2014 9:04 AM
Review by Jennay (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: I am 33 and have Irritable Bowel Syndrome-Constipation. My bowels have a great habit of becoming immune to whatever medicines I try, so after Amitiza was my savior it no longer worked. So my doctor gave me samples of Linzess. I have 2 major IBS problems: constipation and severe bloating/abdominal distension. I am giving Linzess a 7 for the bloating/distension as that is why my GI doctor gave it to me. As for the constipation, it gave me watery stools for a few days then stopped working. I've been on it over a month. My side effects are - I have horrid sinus pain and pressure, constant runny nose drip, lots of fatigue, and decreased appetite. So my belly is a normal size now, but I have to have a tall bottle of magnesium citrate for a bowel motion.

February 2, 2014 12:04 PM
Review by grammielisa: User Rating:

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: I've been on Linzess 290 for a couple of weeks. It does work for me. I go at least once a day now, as opposed to 2 x a week. BUT, it does make me extremely tired, and weak, and without much appetite. I've gone from a size ladies 14 down to a size 4, and I keep losing. The doctor wants me to see a nutritionist, maybe this will help.

January 29, 2014 2:17 PM
Review by aalisa (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: I've been on Linzess for 1 month 290 mg. I've tried almost every medicine you could think of. I've had Irritable Bowel Syndrome since my 20s. Linzess helps with the bloating but am still having problems using the bathroom on a regular basis. Other than that I've had no adverse side effects.

January 26, 2014 9:05 PM
Review by chrissy239: User Rating:

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: I been on it for two months. Started with the 145mg worked right of. Then the body got used to it didn't go for 2 weeks. Now on 290mg. For 2 weeks. Alright at times. But give time too see how does. The only next step I can see is surgery. But gastrointestinal doctor says no surgery too fix. 30 years off constipation. What more can I take. Only 39. Now have other medical problem from straining do much over the years.

January 25, 2014 3:35 PM
Review by Can't live without linzess (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: I'm 36 yrs old. I've battled with constipation for as long as I can remember. It got so bad I was taking a pill laxative once weekly routinely, which as you know was painful. I got Linzess 290 samples from my Dr. Took at 4pm. In less than 2 hrs, I felt my stomach rumble as if I may have diarrhea. Thank goodness near a bathroom. Anyway cleared me out, no pain. I take it when I want to go. It works, just be near a bathroom. I swear I can't live without it now. Being constipated far worse than diarrhea any day in my opinion!

January 13, 2014 2:10 PM
Review by Black1978:

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation: I've been on linzess for a couple of hours and this really works. No cramps or bloating.

January 10, 2014 11:29 PM
Review by Ms P.: User Rating:

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: After years of constipation and self made yet uncomfortable bowel movements Linzess saved me. After laxatives and supplements stopped working I finally went to the Dr and he prescribed Linzess. Don't know what I'd do without this medication.

January 8, 2014 8:01 PM
Review by Ron4Sure (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: I'm 65, have suffered from Irritable Bowel Syndrome-Constipation my entire adult life. Have taken 145 mcg dose of Linzess off and on since the middle of August 2013. The longest stretch I have taken it for is 12 days. I was also taking Align, but discontinued it during the 12-day Linzess experiment so I could evaluate the Linzess objectively, and got horrible trapped gas and splenic flexure syndrome for my troubles. I resumed the Align, which has been a blessing, and now do Linzess every second or third day. The Linzess is a very effective laxative, although it will give you at least one or two bouts of diarrhea every time. But without the Align it seems to aggravate the abdominal pain and bloating, NOT alleviate it. Align is more effective for gut pain.

December 21, 2013 4:05 PM
Review by supercalifragilisticexpialidoshis: User Rating:

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: I just started taking Linzess 145 mg. My doctor gave me samples to try. The first few days I didn't notice anything, by the third day I finally cleared out my intestines, which was after almost a month of not having a real bowel motion. I actually stopped taking the medication for a few days because I was concerned I wouldn't be able to go anywhere, then started again today. In about 30-45 minutes I was in the bathroom. I'm not sure if I have to take it everyday or if I can skip a few days in between. I will ask my doctor. So far so good. Anything that helps me go is a miracle. I'm happy with once every several days especially because I am used to going every couple of weeks.

December 18, 2013 8:52 PM
Review by KRA (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation: I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome with constipation. My Dr. put me on Linzess 145. I was told to take it 30 minutes before my first meal. However, my schedule doesn't permit me to do so. I take it whenever my bowels are slowing down and I need some help (about once a week). Immediately I start feeling the effects, starting with gas, then painless bowels that I can literally feel my stomach emptying. On average It makes me go to the bathroom for 3 hours. It all depends on how much is in there. All in all, Love.

December 12, 2013 2:07 AM
Review by counting sheep: User Rating:

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: I am currently having horrible cramps and constant diarrhea. I cannot even bend over to pick something up without having to run to the bathroom. I am very sore at the other end and my bowel movements are like water.

December 2, 2013 2:54 AM
Review by notrom22 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation: This is a miracle. I have been very bad for 8 years. There was nothing more the doctors could do for me until this came out. I am off of all my other medicine now and just take 1 pill a day. I do like to take it at the end of the day after my dinner then I go before bed. Will not be without it ever again.

November 30, 2013 11:33 PM
Review by KV_09 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Linzess (linaclotide) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: After reading reviews, I was skeptical on taking Linzess when my doctor prescribed it. However, I am now so grateful that I am on this medication! I have not had any side effects and it is working perfectly for me. I take it at the same time every morning, drink lots of water, have breakfast, and within a half hour or so, I have a bowel movement. Some days one, some days another shortly after, then I feel great the rest of the day. I used to have terrible stomach aches and headaches before Linzess, it seems to have all gone away now for the most part. Obviously depends on the severity of your problem, but Linzess is a miracle pill for me!

November 22, 2013 3:39 PM
Review by Hard hat: User Rating:

Linzess (linaclotide) for Constipation, Chronic: Tried the 145 and the 290. I am so disappointed that neither worked.

November 13, 2013 1:34 AM