User Reviews for Linzess

Learn more about Linzess.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome 41 reviews 125 medications

8.1
Summary of Linzess reviews 128 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Linzess

Review by DC211:

For Constipation, Chronic: Was prescribed Linzess for chronic constipation. Within 6 days I gained 7 pounds. When you're only 120 pounds, 7 is great! I'm an extremely active person and healthy eater. Thought it was water weight from the medicine, but been off the medicine for over a week and still weigh the same. Wish I had seen all the posts online about rapid and stubborn weight gain prior to taking the it!

January 4, 2015 10:45 PM

Review by Janice33:

For Constipation, Chronic: This has been a life saver for me. I've had several bouts of diverticulitis and my gastroenterologist referred me to a surgeon for a consult. I asked for a trial of Linzess. Immediately I had relief. It worked "too well" in the beginning (stayed close to bathroom entire a.m.). Now I use 145 dose daily and I am fine. So grateful for Linzess!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 30, 2014 7:22 AM

Review by Maejoe (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation, Chronic: Wonderful, works in about one hour.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 27, 2014 5:41 PM

Review by finallyasolution (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation, Chronic: I've been chronically constipated for as long as I can remember. My parents would give me suppositories as a toddler and prescription medicines to help ease my struggle. Eventually, I moved onto taking gross amounts of Miralax every night in hopes of softening stools that had only ever been rock-hard. This worked as a stool softener, but didn't help to give me the urge to ever use the restroom. I started taking Amitiza, which came with its side effects: bloating, headaches, nausea, and cramping. Finally, my gastro doctor turned me onto Linzess. So far, I've been using it for a week and have NEVER been more regular in my life. Mornings are a breeze...this medicine is life changing.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 29, 2014 3:50 PM

Review by LIfetimeSufferer (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Constipation, Chronic: From infancy to my 50's, I've used it all- phenothalein laxatives, castor oil, fiber, Miralax, enemas, bisacodyl, exercise, hydration, Zelnorm while it was available, and on and on. Only the phenothalien/old Ex-lax formula laxatives and Zelnorm were of use. Phenothalien also required drinking 8-16 ounces more fluid when you were already congested, adding painfully to existing distension and then needing to wait up to hours. Since that laxative was removed from the US market in the 2000's, availability now is very limited; Zelnorm was recalled by the FDA for strokes and cardiac issues (and did cause punch-in-the-gut cramping.) LInzess is amazing, reliable, no pain, some diarrhea, but complete control and great increased quality of life!!!

November 22, 2014 6:47 PM

Review by aamash:

For Constipation, Chronic: it didn't help me!!still constipated I take the 145 mcg.

November 22, 2014 11:08 AM

Review by E.G (taken for less than 1 month):

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: The first and only medicine that worked for my Irritable Bowel Syndrome-C! Life changing.

November 21, 2014 10:48 AM

Review by Ralfel Cuban:

For Constipation, Chronic: This medication is awesome. I was experiencing difficulty going to the bathroom. My bowels felt locked up inside of me causing great discomfort. I was in so much pain my wife drove me to do the doctor ASAP the same day and I was given this medication. After taking the medication, three hours later my bowels moved and I did not have to strain and feel the discomfort. Thank God for this medication. It is awesome!

November 20, 2014 10:17 PM

Review by Markiemarkmark:

For Constipation, Chronic: Have had Irritable Bowel Syndrome-Constipation since early adulthood. I am now 59. I have a Great Gastro Dr. A few years back, he put me on Amitiza it kinda helped, but not much. About 6 weeks ago he put me on Linezz. It is a miracle, in the beginning it did cause diarrhea and runny stools... at 2 weeks. After that and up to this morning I take the low dose 1 hour before breakfast, and now for the first time, I have normal bowel motion.

November 18, 2014 7:52 AM

Review by Renf (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Constipation, Chronic: Works great. First relief in many years. I thank the developers every day.

November 13, 2014 4:28 PM

Review by highly satisfied:

For Constipation, Chronic: I normally suffered with occasional constipation. Sometimes I cried I when I can't go. One night I was watching TV and I saw this advertisement about Linzess, immediately I started doing some research about it and to my surprise I didn't know that so much folks suffered from constipation like I do. I went up my Doc and asked her to prescribed it for me. I just picked it up from the pharmacy yesterday and the instructions say to take on an empty stomach. I took it first thing this morning around 8:00 am and I just have my first Bowel Motion in 4 days. Time is now 9:00pm. Thanks to Linzess.

November 11, 2014 9:07 PM

Review by TummyTrouble2:

For Constipation, Chronic: I've had stomach issues for most of my life (I'm 41) and have tried "everything," with no reliable consistency. I've tried the OTC medicines, Miralax worked for some time then stopped. Suppositories once a week had become my only source of bowel motions. I took Amitiza for 6 weeks, with no positive results. I took 2 doses of Linzess and Boy! I spent the next 6 hours in the bathroom. Not fun. I even had to step out, mid-shower, conditioner in my hair, to use the bathroom more! And cramps, oh the cramps. This is my 2nd week with the samples my Dr. gave me. I took a pill yesterday...and the same cramps and episode occurred. Didn't last as long but hurt as much. I am sore this morning; my stomach hurts. I will continue with Linzess, it works.

November 4, 2014 12:18 PM

Review by Allie Johnson:

For Constipation, Chronic: I've been taking Miralax as I was told take daily for my chronic bowel constipation which always resulted in blockage. I recently saw a commercial for Lizness and decided to research it on my own. I saw my physician and they let me try it for 30 days only because of the severity ofmy blockages to see a gastro dr. I have been on it now for 4 days and this is the best I've felt in 11 years since my bowel was damaged in surgery in error. I finally feel hope for my physical future.

November 3, 2014 8:27 PM

Review by ChristinaLB:

For Constipation, Chronic: First of all, I NEVER leave reviews ... So the fact that I'm taking time to write one should speak volumes. I absolutely love this medication and will NOT do without it! Chronic constipation for years and years...I recently went 3 weeks without a bowel motion. I took every laxative and stool softner including giving myself suppositories and enemas. This is a miracle! I've been on it one week and I have had a bowel movement every single morning just a few hour after taking this medicine. No cramping, no bloating! Life changing. I feel amazing and I will not ever go without this pill!

October 30, 2014 8:45 PM

Review by Couldn't go (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Constipation, Chronic: Believe me. If you "cannot go" this will do the trick. I had CAT Scans, Upper GIs, tried Gluten free, Dairy Free, chugged water, EVERYTHING. this has been a life saver. But beware. I am only 24 years old and I sometimes want to wear depends. This stuff gives no warning when you're about to...2.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 26, 2014 12:18 PM

Review by R. Reb (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Constipation, Chronic: At 45yrs old, I have had challenges well over 35 yrs. My GI Dr. wanted a more natural approach for me, but it just didn't work. Today I took 290 mgs and within 2-3 hrs I was in the bathroom. It was comfortable but watery and loose. I'm okay with that verses the bearing down or squirming during a "movement". I only have samples but will ask for a prescription from Dr. asap. I pray my insurance picks up majority of bill. But I'm willing to save and make sacrifices. Best of luck. Oh and I took it at 10am on a Sun /off day.

October 19, 2014 6:17 PM

Review by kidd93 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation, Chronic: I love how this medicine cleans me out. But you must know you need to be near a restroom because it works fast. I go everyday now and no heartburn anymore or bloating. Love this medicine.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 19, 2014 12:57 PM

Review by IBS-c (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Constipation, Chronic: Best stuff to help with irritable bowel syndrome-C! I take it everyday and have noticed the diarrhea subside and have "regular" bowel movements after two weeks. If you take it each day and not "as needed" you'll notice a huge difference.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 17, 2014 9:17 AM

Review by cleanedout (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: I have been suffering from constipation since I had my lapband surgery. It's been horrible & after using Miralax for a while it stopped working yesterday I finally decided to take Linzess yesterday evening since I can't take in the morning due to my work schedule...wow it worked within 2 hours. It cleaned me out & even was still working in the morning. I probably will not take it on a regular basis due to how well it worked. I did have bloating and gas with the medication.

October 14, 2014 6:43 AM

Review by KAR, INDY:

For Constipation, Chronic: Linzess is a wonderful medicine. Provides optimal relief of chronic constipation within hours of ingesting it, without any cramping that I have experienced with similar medicines & over the counter laxatives!

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 9, 2014 12:45 PM

Review by Kelso37 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Constipation, Chronic: "Eat fiber eat fiber eat fiber!" There isn't enough fiber in the world that a person with dysmotility could eat that would work for them. After finally being hooked up with an excellent doctor, I was prescribed Linzess 290mg. It is a miracle and I fully intend to take this medicine every day for the rest of my life. An entire life of suffering, and I've finally found something that works.

October 8, 2014 1:04 PM

Review by JMcLovin (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation, Chronic: I am a healthy type one diabetic who in November of 2011 completed my first marathon. That changed in May 2011 when I was diagnosed with gastroparesis. I've been hospitalized 32 times since then and suffer chronic constipation that, like every one else here, couldn't fix it. It is the most miserable feeling in the world. Clothes don't fit, painful itchy hemorrhoids that cause embarrassing bleeding through my clothes, and hours in the bathroom. I've been on the medicine for two weeks and it's an absolute miracle! I started at 290mcg and realized I could handle 145mcg. The lower dose allows me to have a regular schedule and no accidents. If I feel like I'm backing up at all I go to 290 for a day or two.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 1, 2014 6:44 AM

Review by Kandi k (taken for less than 1 month):

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: The first time I took it, it cleaned me out like a colon cleanse. It was sudden and uncomfortable. I waited a few days and tried again. The second time, it worked beautifully and no side effects. The third day, I have been in complete agony all day. No bowel movement and constant pain. I will not take a fourth.

September 30, 2014 11:35 PM

Review by 1776blues (taken for less than 1 month):

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Took some samples and it worked great but unfortunately my cost with insurance is 50% of the total. It's too expensive.

September 26, 2014 2:33 PM

Review by sajanette (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation, Chronic: Just started last week. So far I love it. I have been going for colonics every 10 days just to empty because I could no longer do it myself. My doctor even suggested removing my large intestine due to nerve damage and lack of motility. I am so glad I tried this drug first. I take it at bedtime and I do get up a few hours later and have watery stools but I will take that over getting up all night and pushing myself inside out with no results. A lot of people writing about how it interferes with their mornings so maybe they should take it at a different time and that may help. I never knew that so many people had the same exact problems with constipation like me. Thank you to everybody who took time to post. I don't feel so alone now.

120 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 23, 2014 3:18 PM