User Reviews for Linzess

Learn more about Linzess.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome 41 reviews 125 medications

8.1
Summary of Linzess reviews 119 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Linzess

Review by aamash:

For Constipation, Chronic: it didn't help me!!still constipated I take the 145 mcg.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2014 11:08 AM

Review by E.G (taken for less than 1 month):

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: The first and only medicine that worked for my Irritable Bowel Syndrome-C! Life changing.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 21, 2014 10:48 AM

Review by Renf (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Constipation, Chronic: Works great. First relief in many years. I thank the developers every day.

November 13, 2014 4:28 PM

Review by Allie Johnson:

For Constipation, Chronic: I've been taking Miralax as I was told take daily for my chronic bowel constipation which always resulted in blockage. I recently saw a commercial for Lizness and decided to research it on my own. I saw my physician and they let me try it for 30 days only because of the severity ofmy blockages to see a gastro dr. I have been on it now for 4 days and this is the best I've felt in 11 years since my bowel was damaged in surgery in error. I finally feel hope for my physical future.

November 3, 2014 8:27 PM

Review by ChristinaLB:

For Constipation, Chronic: First of all, I NEVER leave reviews ... So the fact that I'm taking time to write one should speak volumes. I absolutely love this medication and will NOT do without it! Chronic constipation for years and years...I recently went 3 weeks without a bowel motion. I took every laxative and stool softner including giving myself suppositories and enemas. This is a miracle! I've been on it one week and I have had a bowel movement every single morning just a few hour after taking this medicine. No cramping, no bloating! Life changing. I feel amazing and I will not ever go without this pill!

October 30, 2014 8:45 PM

Review by Couldn't go (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Constipation, Chronic: Believe me. If you "cannot go" this will do the trick. I had CAT Scans, Upper GIs, tried Gluten free, Dairy Free, chugged water, EVERYTHING. this has been a life saver. But beware. I am only 24 years old and I sometimes want to wear depends. This stuff gives no warning when you're about to...2.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 26, 2014 12:18 PM

Review by R. Reb (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Constipation, Chronic: At 45yrs old, I have had challenges well over 35 yrs. My GI Dr. wanted a more natural approach for me, but it just didn't work. Today I took 290 mgs and within 2-3 hrs I was in the bathroom. It was comfortable but watery and loose. I'm okay with that verses the bearing down or squirming during a "movement". I only have samples but will ask for a prescription from Dr. asap. I pray my insurance picks up majority of bill. But I'm willing to save and make sacrifices. Best of luck. Oh and I took it at 10am on a Sun /off day.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 19, 2014 6:17 PM

Review by kidd93 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation, Chronic: I love how this medicine cleans me out. But you must know you need to be near a restroom because it works fast. I go everyday now and no heartburn anymore or bloating. Love this medicine.

October 19, 2014 12:57 PM

Review by IBS-c (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Constipation, Chronic: Best stuff to help with irritable bowel syndrome-C! I take it everyday and have noticed the diarrhea subside and have "regular" bowel movements after two weeks. If you take it each day and not "as needed" you'll notice a huge difference.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 17, 2014 9:17 AM

Review by cleanedout (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: I have been suffering from constipation since I had my lapband surgery. It's been horrible & after using Miralax for a while it stopped working yesterday I finally decided to take Linzess yesterday evening since I can't take in the morning due to my work schedule...wow it worked within 2 hours. It cleaned me out & even was still working in the morning. I probably will not take it on a regular basis due to how well it worked. I did have bloating and gas with the medication.

October 14, 2014 6:43 AM

Review by KAR, INDY:

For Constipation, Chronic: Linzess is a wonderful medicine. Provides optimal relief of chronic constipation within hours of ingesting it, without any cramping that I have experienced with similar medicines & over the counter laxatives!

October 9, 2014 12:45 PM

Review by Kelso37 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Constipation, Chronic: "Eat fiber eat fiber eat fiber!" There isn't enough fiber in the world that a person with dysmotility could eat that would work for them. After finally being hooked up with an excellent doctor, I was prescribed Linzess 290mg. It is a miracle and I fully intend to take this medicine every day for the rest of my life. An entire life of suffering, and I've finally found something that works.

October 8, 2014 1:04 PM

Review by JMcLovin (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation, Chronic: I am a healthy type one diabetic who in November of 2011 completed my first marathon. That changed in May 2011 when I was diagnosed with gastroparesis. I've been hospitalized 32 times since then and suffer chronic constipation that, like every one else here, couldn't fix it. It is the most miserable feeling in the world. Clothes don't fit, painful itchy hemorrhoids that cause embarrassing bleeding through my clothes, and hours in the bathroom. I've been on the medicine for two weeks and it's an absolute miracle! I started at 290mcg and realized I could handle 145mcg. The lower dose allows me to have a regular schedule and no accidents. If I feel like I'm backing up at all I go to 290 for a day or two.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 1, 2014 6:44 AM

Review by Kandi k (taken for less than 1 month):

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: The first time I took it, it cleaned me out like a colon cleanse. It was sudden and uncomfortable. I waited a few days and tried again. The second time, it worked beautifully and no side effects. The third day, I have been in complete agony all day. No bowel movement and constant pain. I will not take a fourth.

September 30, 2014 11:35 PM

Review by 1776blues (taken for less than 1 month):

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Took some samples and it worked great but unfortunately my cost with insurance is 50% of the total. It's too expensive.

September 26, 2014 2:33 PM

Review by sajanette (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation, Chronic: Just started last week. So far I love it. I have been going for colonics every 10 days just to empty because I could no longer do it myself. My doctor even suggested removing my large intestine due to nerve damage and lack of motility. I am so glad I tried this drug first. I take it at bedtime and I do get up a few hours later and have watery stools but I will take that over getting up all night and pushing myself inside out with no results. A lot of people writing about how it interferes with their mornings so maybe they should take it at a different time and that may help. I never knew that so many people had the same exact problems with constipation like me. Thank you to everybody who took time to post. I don't feel so alone now.

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 23, 2014 3:18 PM

Review by Nellieslove:

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Before starting Linzess at age 21 (~1 yr ago), I was going to the bathroom about once every 3 weeks. Eventually, laxatives were necessary but still I was going maybe 3 times a month. I was experiencing severe stomach pains that left me in bed for hours at a time daily, eventually I ended up in the ER. Within 24 hours of starting Linzess, I went to the bathroom. Yes, the first few days it was diarrhea. Within the first week, I was having regular bowel movements and have been having about 1/day since then. MY STOMACH PAIN HAS DISAPPEARED (that's huge!!!!) Gas? Yes, all the time. Diarrhea? Only if I take it too late in the day. Increased hunger? Yes, obviously, because my stomach is empty. Worth it? 5 billion percent.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 20, 2014 6:23 PM

Review by crazy life (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Constipation, Chronic: I'm 41 years old, and I've been constipated my entire life, since Child hood. Now I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome, constipation, and take narcotics. I push and push until I almost pass out. I become lightheaded and finally after pushing for 15/20 minutes I tear and Bleed. My Dr. gave me samples of Linzess and it's changed my life. I do have some some runny stool, but I would go through that any day. Constipation would cause me to get blisters in my mouth, I no longer get them. I'm a different person. My life was miserable before. Many many years my life was a nightmare. Now I feel human. Love this medication.

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 30, 2014 1:36 PM

Review by Ronnie L:

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: I took Linzess for about 3 months and IMMEDIATELY began to gain weight. I noticed the weight gain and thought that it had to be my diet. I began cutting back, watching what I ate and nothing was worked. After taking myself off of the medication, I IMMEDIATELY noticed the weight loss. I felt bloated around my entire midsection going all the way around to my back. Biggest I had ever been. Someone commented that they felt 3 months pregnant and that would about sum it up. I think the FDA should disclose that side effect after looking into the medicine more closely.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 24, 2014 11:49 AM

Review by Caq (taken for less than 1 month):

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: I started taking Linzess about a week ago and I'm beyond thrilled. I'm 26 and have never been able to go to the bathroom without taking something and even then usually only every two weeks. My first day taking this medication 30 mins. Before my first meal, I had no pain, no cramping, no gurgling etc. And was able to go within 4 hours. My bowel motions are not watery like some describe but actually what a normal bowel motion should be like. There's no after pain and no pain while I am going. I haven't had a sudden urge to go but rather I just go when I try to. Additionally, I have only gone 1-2 times per day and I am so excited about that! This is a miracle medication and I can't wait to see how much healthier my body will be. Thank you for creating this!

August 23, 2014 1:08 AM

Review by Lisaintoronto (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Constipation, Chronic: After seeing so many bad reviews of this medicine, it almost stopped me from picking it up from the pharmacy (considering the cost) but I am so happy I did. When I take it it cleans me out with no pain, gas or bloating that I would get from other laxatives. If you have a job or somewhere to be during the day I would not take it in the morning. I am at home with my kids so I follow the morning schedule and within 2-3 hours it takes effect with frequent trips to the bathroom that last for about an hour. On days that I have plans I simply time the medication to kick in when I know I'll be home. I will take a planned one hour bathroom break over feeling constipated and disgusting any day! Take every second day considering how well it cleans you.

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 8, 2014 2:15 PM

Review by Linzizi:

For Constipation, Chronic: My doctor gave me Linzess samples and so far it is helping alot. I dont have as much discomfort in my stomach, and less burping and farting. However I did have a VERY embarrassing situation happen when I was walking my dogs one morning, I had no feeling I had to go at all, and just coughed, and out came a liquid mess. SO...overall I like the medicine but the diarrhea can be severe and unexpected. I have never had this happen before!

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 30, 2014 5:54 PM

Review by Ibs sucks (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: This medication has provided constipation relief. I have been taking it for a year. I have followed the directions of taking the medicine 30 minutes before breakfast...my experience has been that if I don't make it a point to go to the restroom within 30 minutes after breakfast, I won't be able to release. I'll be bloated all day. I noticed this when I found myself preoccupied at work and realized that I had forgotten to use restroom. I have been having my breakfast and making it a point to go to the restroom within 15 minutes and it has been great. I do get bloating and some cramping after eating lunch. I wish I could use the restroom after every meal though.

July 24, 2014 7:41 AM

Review by joltyness1:

For Constipation: I was prescribed Linzess for my Irritable Bowel Syndrome and the constipation that comes with it. After taking it daily for a week with good results, I got bad diarrhea. My doctor told me to only take it when needed instead of every day. I feel a lot better now that I'm not taking it every day. My only gripes are the diarrhea if I'm not careful and the very specific time of day I have to take it (in the morning at least 30 minutes before my first meal... kind of a pain for a busy working person). It's also pretty expensive, which gives me another reason to be glad I'm no longer taking it every day. Besides that, it's a huge relief to finally have regular bowel movements that aren't a strain to pass.

July 23, 2014 1:42 PM

Review by Caitcakes:

For Constipation, Chronic: I have been constipated for YEARS. Since I was about 16, and I'm now 24. I tried everything from changing what I ate to fiber gimmies and drink mixes, two laxatives, and vegetable laxatives, milk of magnesia, I even drank magnesium citrate. It has been a constant struggle with bloating and cramping. I could gain up to 5 pounds and I was constipated for more than a week, and that even made fitting in my clothes difficult! Send using Lindzess I am never constipated!! I take it every other day, and that is enough for me. My movements aren't hard, but they aren't diarrhea either...play with it and take it as you need it, but it surely is a miracle pill.

July 15, 2014 11:20 AM