User Reviews for Linzess

Learn more about Linzess.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome 51 reviews 129 medications

Constipation, Chronic 93 reviews 29 medications

8.4
Constipation 21 reviews 239 medications

7.9
Summary of Linzess reviews 165 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Linzess

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have such severe constipation that I end up in the emergency room for it because I'm so full I can't eat or drink for days. My stomach will not growl for days because there is no room. I will go weeks and no bowel movement. I tried everything even prescription medications as far as them giving me the stuff you drink when you get a colonoscopy. My doctor finally gave me linzess. I take 145 in the am. First two days I did have watery stools pretty quick after taking. Next few days it was hours and I only had regular bowel movements. Every few days I do have watery stools. I am still new to the meds. So far though this is a miracle!!! Before I couldn't eat, drink, leave the house, sleep for days because of the pain."

Spearsam83 May 13, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Dr gave me a sample to see if it would relieve my ibs-c. Although I couldn't afford the prescription, I was very impressed with how well linzess worked in my case. I didn't realize how much of a storm was going on in my gut until this drug calmed it, amazing! I am definitely going to check out the coupon options."

elleo (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "I am fairly new to this medication. I am only using it for a week The first pill I took late afternoon until I realized I should be taking it in the morning. However the first pill worked like a charm and the ones I took in the morning have had little to no effect."

Lfine (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "This worked fast and worked extreme. While it did help with the colon spasms it gave me severe diarrhea and abdominal cramping. I was waking in the middle of the night having to urgently use the toilet. This medicine does work, it's just not for me."

Cww (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "I am a 70-year old female who has had a chronic problem with colonic inertia for many years and have done the water-fiber thing, eating healthy, exercise, various laxatives, enemas -- you name it. Not only did these measures not help much but I was always having abdominal pain, bloating, heartburn and just not enjoying eating anymore. I was placed on Linzess and have taken 2 pills thus far and I think I am experiencing a miracle. I have a full and complete Bowel Motion with normal cramping and no more suffering with bloating and cramping during the day. I just pray it continues and my body doesn't get used to it and stop working."

brangelina (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "I have had chronic constipation for most of my life. I have had to take a laxative on a weekly basis to be able to go once a week. My Doc gave me this at my request and I have to say it has been a lifesaver. I now am able to go every day. I have some discomfort in my abdomen that lasts for a couple of hours but it is minimal and certainly nothing like the discomfort of being blocked up. I am so very pleased and hope it continues to work. I would highly recommend this drug!"

Anonymous in VA April 6, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "I have been taking this for a little over a month, and I am extremely happy. I have suffered from chronic constipation my entire life. Since on this medication, I have regular bowel movements and less cramping and bloating. It does make me drowsy, so I now take it before I go to bed. I take one at night and by the morning, I am able to go."

AvaJean April 1, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "First day, first dose. Bowel urgency greater than I ever could imagine. If I want to have the contents of my bowels liquefied, I can take magnesium citrate. I'm nauseous and I have a headache. I'll have to only take it on days when I am close to a private toilet."

The Runner (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "I have had problems all my life having a BM and as I got older it became harder and harder to go at all, then I could not go at all. I have dried everything some things worked a couple of times and then stopped. I was desperate, I had to give myself a colonic to empty bowel. Then I tried linzees and it works but it does not completely empty my bowel and I take 290! I have to take miralax with it and that helps. I go like three times a day but not to completion. My life has changed drastically as I don't have to spend hours in the bathroom giving myself a colonic. Also it does not cause cramps, nausea and dizziness all of which other products did."

Jodyteora1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "I have had severe constipation all my life. Was taking over the counter laxatives daily to go too the bathroom so I decided to talk to my Dr. about prescription laxative, she gave me Linzess. Well I have been on Linzess for a week now. Mornings are such a breeze. I take Linzess 145mg a half hour before meal and have a elimination with in 2 hours or less. This medicine is a miracle for me."

loisie (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "It worked very well and quickly from the first dose, but has a side effect that is not listed. I have type II diabetes and after taking the pill, my blood sugar drops sharply. I take the medicine, then eat a big breakfast to counteract this. Also, if you go to drugs.com, you will see a list of drug interactions and none is listed at the pharmacy or on the Linzess wedsite. If you take an antacid, the Linzess doesn't work. There are quite a few drug interactions if you care to check it out."

vgal (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "I have used Linzess for one year and feel much better. I have not missed work or had an ER visit due to pain. I have not missed a family event and sleep all night."

StephanieHappy March 22, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "I have been on 145 MG of Linzess for 5 days now. I technically have idiopathic chronic constipation. But it's caused by a basketball sized hernia. I have to wear an abdominal binder for support and that causes the constipation. Because of the hernia I have no muscular stomach wall. Sternum to pelvic bone and almost 10 inches wide. So on top of constipation, I have little to nothing to push it out with. What a conundrum, huh! Well when I take a dose I feel the need to go after about 1 1/2 hrs. But....it's minimal. Just enuf to say I'm here but I'm not come g out yet. Hopefully I get some real relief soon and become regular soon as well!"

MommaTina March 18, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "I have been on this medication for over 1 1/2 years. I have suffered with severe chronic constipation my entire life and was so excited at the thought that something finally helped! I am extremely active and live a very healthy lifestyle. Initially it worked great as most everyone on here has said but now I am gaining weight for absolutely no reason, can't have a bowel movement to save my life and constantly have headaches and a severely bloated stomach that won't go away no matter how healthy I eat, how little or much food I take in or how much I exercise! This wonder drug turned out to be a farce for me and I will now discontinue use!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 17, 2015

For Constipation "I have been on this medication for one month in my constipation problem has been completely resolved. It is a true miracle."

marianf (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "IBS-C my entire adult life (44-yr old female.) I have done it all - tried everything natural and prescribed. I cut out dairy, gluten, red meat... Was drinking prune juice, using fleet supps almost daily, NEVER having a decent or "normal" BM. My GI doc gave me samples of Linzess yesterday; I took it this morning and exactly one hour later : WHA-LA. A "perfect" BM!!! NO cramps. NO diarrhea. If you have trouble going, please try this. I am absolutely thrilled! Not sure what my insurance will cover, but I don't even care - this is my miracle pill, and it is going to make a huge difference in my life."

rababc123 (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "I have been battling chronic constipation for a year. I eat a healthy diet of fruit/veggies/whole grains and some lean meats along with exercise - however, the problem seemed to come out of nowhere. In any event, I tried stimulant laxatives and stool softeners and nothing moving for me. I was prescribed this medicine after many scans/tests with no explanation for my ongoing problem. It seemed to make my stomach "churn" but nothing else. I was so disappointed. After this experience, I tried magnesium citrate and it WORKED (after a few bottles). After I COMPLETELY cleaned myself out, I started in again with my Linzess (at the highest dose). It now works perfectly! I'm amazed! I have a normal, healthy BM after every single meal."

Lolazzz March 10, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have been taking Linzess for Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Constipation for about 9 months. It has been very helpful. I take one 290 mg tablet every day a half hour before dinner and have a comfortable bowel movement first thing the following morning. I have never been this regular before. It is such a relief to know that I will not spend the day with cramps, bloating and gas. The only issue is that my stomach is very noisy and bubbly during the night but I find that oddly comforting because it means the Linzess is working!"

Tez10288 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 5, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "This medicine is everything. I take this and within an hour I'm in the bathroom. Once I take the pill I drink a whole bottle of water and it helps a whole lot better. Usually go 2-3 times when I take the medicine. This medicine has saved my life."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 5, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I did not have any diarrhea when I started it and I have been using it for 6 months. I have noticed a big difference in the last 3 months in that my stools are much smaller and softer. The biggest difference for me is pain reduction. My episodes of crippling abdomenal pain has all but stopped. That has changed my life!"

AngiS69 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 28, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "I have suffered from chronic constipation since my mom said I was in diapers. I will go up to 2 weeks without movement when on no medication. I started on Amitiza 10 years ago, learned how to deal with the side effects, but still hated the nauseousness they cause. I asked my doctor to switch me to Linzess even though she hasn't had any patients on it yet, and so far I LOVE IT! No terrible side effects. Yes I get diarrhea on it, but that is common for any medication I take for CIC. I'll take diarrhea over constipation any day. No stomach pain, no bloating, no water retention!"

BB88 (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2015

For Constipation "i'm 33 and as a result from taking medication for ADD for over 10 years, i've been unable to produce a regular bowel movement on my own/without having taking my ADD medication (Adderall). i finally decided to do the right thing for my health after my daughter was born. after seeing a local GI doctor, he recommended i get further testing to really determine my exact issue. unfortunately, seeing a specialist is rather costly & so, in the interim, i was prescribed Linzess. it's the first and ONLY thing that's consistently worked for me with minimal size effects. i do have hardcore diarrhea for an hour or so but it's far better than not EVER going to the bathroom at all. my breasts also seemed to be larger since taking this medication."

laurenfromsanmarcos February 24, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "I have severe chronic idiopathic constipation. And Lizness usually works within 2-3 hours after taking it. It doesn't work every time but if it works 2 times a week then I'm happy. Without it I only had a Bowel Motion once a month at the most. And that's after using magnesium citrate."

GI nurse February 23, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Severe diarrhea started in one hour with about 5 ounces discharge every 2 minutes. Was not able to consume water fast enough to prevent dehydration. Diarrhea slowed after a couple hours. Most diarrhea was over after 6 hours."

Jeff's one time use (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2015

For Constipation "Weight gain very rapid. It'd rather deal with constipation than the weight gain. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2015