User Reviews for Linzess

Learn more about Linzess.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome 44 reviews 129 medications

Constipation, Chronic 77 reviews 29 medications

8.4
Constipation 20 reviews 239 medications

7.9
Summary of Linzess reviews 141 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Linzess

Review by marianf (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Constipation: I have been on this medication for one month in my constipation problem has been completely resolved. It is a true miracle.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2015 12:41 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Constipation, Chronic: This medicine is everything. I take this and within an hour I'm in the bathroom. Once I take the pill I drink a whole bottle of water and it helps a whole lot better. Usually go 2-3 times when I take the medicine. This medicine has saved my life.

March 5, 2015 6:13 PM

Review by GI nurse:

For Constipation, Chronic: I have severe chronic idiopathic constipation. And Lizness usually works within 2-3 hours after taking it. It doesn't work every time but if it works 2 times a week then I'm happy. Without it I only had a Bowel Motion once a month at the most. And that's after using magnesium citrate.

February 23, 2015 9:43 PM

Review by Jeff's one time use (taken for less than 1 month):

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Severe diarrhea started in one hour with about 5 ounces discharge every 2 minutes. Was not able to consume water fast enough to prevent dehydration. Diarrhea slowed after a couple hours. Most diarrhea was over after 6 hours.

February 23, 2015 10:34 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: Weight gain very rapid. It'd rather deal with constipation than the weight gain.

February 17, 2015 8:01 PM

Review by naturally:

For Constipation: I started the sample, after taking the 2nd bottle I now have relief, (diarrhea). I have been asked by my doctor to stop taking it.

February 2, 2015 10:59 AM

Review by DH1966:

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: I have suffered my entire life with IBS-C. Like many other people, I have been to several specialists, increased fiber, water and taken several types of laxatives. My best experience with prescription medication has been with Zelnorm. Linzess is comparable in that it helps me have a bowel motion without cramping and I do feel evacuation is complete. HOWEVER, I will add that the bloating is horrible which is a problem initially. Zelnorm did not make me feel that way. My stomach was flat, I felt amazing. The upside to Linzess is that it works and I'll take diarrhea over miserable constipation any day. I only take the minimum dose once a week and I make sure it's on a day I'm not going to leave the house. I won't take this every day.

February 1, 2015 5:01 PM

Review by Vicki in Buffalo (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Constipation, Chronic: Low dose worked great but after samples were done and coupon used I was asked to pay 286 dollars for a 30 day supply with my auto worker retiree medical plan. Back to constipation it seems...TOO EXPENSIVE.

January 31, 2015 8:31 AM

Review by Kate G. (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Taken Linzess (145mg) for about 7 months now. I think what people need to know is that you can experiment with the dosing of it. My doctor prescribed it for me because I've suffered with IBS-C since my early 20s -17ys. Like others, it caused a lot of loose stool at first, but it does get better. I also found that if I took it every day after the initial adjustment period, it stopped working as well, so I backed off and starting taking it every 3 days. My body doesn't get too used to it, so it is still routinely effective without having to go to a higher dose. Also, sometimes I have bowel movements normally between doses, sometimes I don't. The magic of this is that I don't have to freak out about it now and I don't get bloated.

January 29, 2015 12:11 PM

Review by Flip4me62 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Constipation, Chronic: I have suffered for a year with severe gastro problems that landed me in the emergency room 3 times and a ride in the ambulance. This medicine is a miracle but can cause severe diarrhea (like stay close to the bathroom and don't leave your house till you adjust). It is a miracle medication and has greatly improved the quality of my life.

January 17, 2015 2:31 PM

Review by First Week User (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation, Chronic: Same as others here, constipation for 20 years (currently in my 40s). I'd go weeks without a movement, became terribly ill. Laxatives caused intense cramping, nausea and fainting, so when Miralax came out I was thrilled. 5 years later on the Miralax almost daily, my doctor suggested the Linzess. Started samples (245mg) until I could fill my (145mg) script, and I don't recommend the higher dose - terrible cramping, nausea and unpredictable movements. After starting the 145mg dose, I'm doing much better, with a very productive movement (or 2!!) every day, but I'm disappointed. I'm fairly torn to shreds with fissures from hard, forceful movements. Hoping for improvement soon!

January 7, 2015 9:17 AM

Review by DC211:

For Constipation, Chronic: Was prescribed Linzess for chronic constipation. Within 6 days I gained 7 pounds. When you're only 120 pounds, 7 is great! I'm an extremely active person and healthy eater. Thought it was water weight from the medicine, but been off the medicine for over a week and still weigh the same. Wish I had seen all the posts online about rapid and stubborn weight gain prior to taking the it!

January 4, 2015 10:45 PM

Review by 67usaf:

For Constipation, Chronic: Began taking the 145MCG at first it worked great then after a few times not so great. Doctor suggested I take two pills a day (290MCG total). That worked much better. I skip some days if I'm going to be away from home or far from a bathroom. This stuff works great but at least for me I have to plan my activities around the dosage.

January 2, 2015 8:59 AM

Review by Janice33:

For Constipation, Chronic: This has been a life saver for me. I've had several bouts of diverticulitis and my gastroenterologist referred me to a surgeon for a consult. I asked for a trial of Linzess. Immediately I had relief. It worked "too well" in the beginning (stayed close to bathroom entire a.m.). Now I use 145 dose daily and I am fine. So grateful for Linzess!

December 30, 2014 7:22 AM

Review by Maejoe (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation, Chronic: Wonderful, works in about one hour.

December 27, 2014 5:41 PM

Review by ssc6399:

For Constipation, Chronic: I'm 27.. have suffered from chronic constipation for almost 12 years now. Was diagnosed 6 years ago. Went through total hell and back when I was diagnosed. Over the past four years I went from taking 2 capfuls of Miralax to 6...daily. My whole life revolves around my stomach issue. I'm on my 3rd day of Linzess... have already cut my dosage of Miralax over half. Hope to be totally off it of it soon. So far Linzess is the answer to my prayers. Anyone looking for an alternative should definitely give it a try. Bowel movements are loose but always are.. nothing new. They do come on quick within a couple of hours of taking the medication.. be close to a bathroom to see how it affects you. Super happy about Linzess!

December 13, 2014 8:09 PM

Review by finallyasolution (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation, Chronic: I've been chronically constipated for as long as I can remember. My parents would give me suppositories as a toddler and prescription medicines to help ease my struggle. Eventually, I moved onto taking gross amounts of Miralax every night in hopes of softening stools that had only ever been rock-hard. This worked as a stool softener, but didn't help to give me the urge to ever use the restroom. I started taking Amitiza, which came with its side effects: bloating, headaches, nausea, and cramping. Finally, my gastro doctor turned me onto Linzess. So far, I've been using it for a week and have NEVER been more regular in my life. Mornings are a breeze...this medicine is life changing.

November 29, 2014 3:50 PM

Review by LIfetimeSufferer (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Constipation, Chronic: From infancy to my 50's, I've used it all- phenothalein laxatives, castor oil, fiber, Miralax, enemas, bisacodyl, exercise, hydration, Zelnorm while it was available, and on and on. Only the phenothalien/old Ex-lax formula laxatives and Zelnorm were of use. Phenothalien also required drinking 8-16 ounces more fluid when you were already congested, adding painfully to existing distension and then needing to wait up to hours. Since that laxative was removed from the US market in the 2000's, availability now is very limited; Zelnorm was recalled by the FDA for strokes and cardiac issues (and did cause punch-in-the-gut cramping.) LInzess is amazing, reliable, no pain, some diarrhea, but complete control and great increased quality of life!!!

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2014 6:47 PM

Review by aamash:

For Constipation, Chronic: it didn't help me!!still constipated I take the 145 mcg.

November 22, 2014 11:08 AM

Review by E.G (taken for less than 1 month):

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: The first and only medicine that worked for my Irritable Bowel Syndrome-C! Life changing.

November 21, 2014 10:48 AM

Review by Ralfel Cuban:

For Constipation, Chronic: This medication is awesome. I was experiencing difficulty going to the bathroom. My bowels felt locked up inside of me causing great discomfort. I was in so much pain my wife drove me to do the doctor ASAP the same day and I was given this medication. After taking the medication, three hours later my bowels moved and I did not have to strain and feel the discomfort. Thank God for this medication. It is awesome!

November 20, 2014 10:17 PM

Review by Markiemarkmark:

For Constipation, Chronic: Have had Irritable Bowel Syndrome-Constipation since early adulthood. I am now 59. I have a Great Gastro Dr. A few years back, he put me on Amitiza it kinda helped, but not much. About 6 weeks ago he put me on Linezz. It is a miracle, in the beginning it did cause diarrhea and runny stools... at 2 weeks. After that and up to this morning I take the low dose 1 hour before breakfast, and now for the first time, I have normal bowel motion.

November 18, 2014 7:52 AM

Review by Renf (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Constipation, Chronic: Works great. First relief in many years. I thank the developers every day.

November 13, 2014 4:28 PM

Review by highly satisfied:

For Constipation, Chronic: I normally suffered with occasional constipation. Sometimes I cried I when I can't go. One night I was watching TV and I saw this advertisement about Linzess, immediately I started doing some research about it and to my surprise I didn't know that so much folks suffered from constipation like I do. I went up my Doc and asked her to prescribed it for me. I just picked it up from the pharmacy yesterday and the instructions say to take on an empty stomach. I took it first thing this morning around 8:00 am and I just have my first Bowel Motion in 4 days. Time is now 9:00pm. Thanks to Linzess.

November 11, 2014 9:07 PM

Review by TummyTrouble2:

For Constipation, Chronic: I've had stomach issues for most of my life (I'm 41) and have tried "everything," with no reliable consistency. I've tried the OTC medicines, Miralax worked for some time then stopped. Suppositories once a week had become my only source of bowel motions. I took Amitiza for 6 weeks, with no positive results. I took 2 doses of Linzess and Boy! I spent the next 6 hours in the bathroom. Not fun. I even had to step out, mid-shower, conditioner in my hair, to use the bathroom more! And cramps, oh the cramps. This is my 2nd week with the samples my Dr. gave me. I took a pill yesterday...and the same cramps and episode occurred. Didn't last as long but hurt as much. I am sore this morning; my stomach hurts. I will continue with Linzess, it works.

November 4, 2014 12:18 PM