User Reviews for Linzess

Learn more about Linzess.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome 57 reviews 130 medications

8.7
Constipation, Chronic 105 reviews 29 medications

8.4
Constipation 26 reviews 223 medications

7.6
Summary of Linzess reviews 188 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Linzess

For Constipation, Chronic "I have suffered from constipation all my life. I'm 60 and take medications for my heart and it has gotten worse. I've been taking Linzess for two months now and it's a miracle drug at least for me. Sure, I get some diarrhea but if you suffer from chronic constipation that is a welcome thing some days. Just to be able to clear my colon everyday is awesome. Thanks for coming out with this drug. Changed my life."

Dave2222 July 27, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I was diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome at the age of fifteen; I've suffered with this for five years taking laxatives, fleet enemas, suppositions. I was recently put on Linzess to help with the pain and discomfort of it all. I have followed the directions and waited thirty minutes before eating. Linzess does work for me; however, it does cause me slight abdominal pain and diarrhea. I talked to my doctor about these side effects and he said, " They will subside within two weeks." He was right, this medication has been a total life changer for me."

Hannah Furnish (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2015

For Constipation "IBS-C taking herbs off and on for years. Started taking it in am before eating. I'm busy all day and don't eat until around 2pm- 4pm so this did nothing for me. She said to take it later with food. This caused me to interrupt my work day with a couple hour "break", Tried again in evening with food if I remembered to take it by 5pm and it was great. I would be able to go before bedtime, however take it too late, up for hours - not a pleasant experience. This May I stopped taking it, just herbs and tea now. I'm convinced it ruined my hair. I'm really small and have ADHD, so I need my vitamins and what food I eat to be absorbed into me, this stripped me of nutrients."

Heth July 23, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "I have yet to figure this medication out. I have been on it for about 15 days. I take it when I first wake up with 16 ounces of water. I always wait AT LEAST 30 minutes to eat, often much longer. Some days, I have very bad diarrhea from it and other days I have some passing cramps with no bowel movement it all. Without it, I can't really have a bowel movement on my own so this beats that but still, I wish it worked a little better. Running to the bathroom while at work, hoping I make it is not an ideal outcome. I did have the $30 co-pay card from my doctor so that helped with the cost but I think it's only good for one month."

works some days (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2015

For Constipation "Got sample from my MD and was told to take one capsule each day. On the day that I received them I took as prescribed... 30 minutes before meal. I waited exactly that 30 minutes before I had lunch and 2 hours later I was no longer constipated. No side affects with my one dose."

G eyes July 15, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "Chronic constipation my whole life. Tried all over the counter meds over the years. After a bout of 3 full weeks straight of constipation, not one bowel movement the entire time..went to the pharmacy and bought an enema...it did nothing...the next night I went back and bought an oil based enema...that did nothing. Pharmacist advised I go to the hospital. Went to the hospital. Xray showed entire digestive system filled from the bottom to the top. No blockage though. So they gave me a drink...told me to drink it at home and I would have explosive bowel movement.....it did nothing. Went to my doctor...he gave me 290 mgs. of Linzess, finally I went for like an hour. Only diarreah toward the end. Switched to 145mgs when needed. Woohoo!"

OzzieFaith July 14, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I started linzess june 1. The first day it worked with pain and bloating. I overlooked all of that because I'm in desperate need of having a normal bowel movement. Mind you if I don't take a laxative I will not go for up to two weeks. The second day nothing, thrid day nothing and so on. What gives I followed the directions and everything. I started gaining weight also. I just came to the conclusion that I will take it on and off. Its not working for me anyway and gaining weight is a no no!"

luckyme3 July 12, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "My healthcare practitioner agreed to prescribe. I've suffered from CIC since I was a kid. As you get older, it gets tougher to put up with primarily because it's tough to have a normal schedule when you suffer from CIC. This medication does work. It's fairly predictable and doesn't "linger" all day. It's important to note that it is an "Osmotic" and does not work like regular stimulant laxatives. While that makes it safe for daily use, it also makes it more tempermental. People find it works for days and then stops. Problem with Osmotics is if you're not hydrated, too hot, too cold, or exert yourself too much while waiting for it to kick in, it could disrupt its effectiveness. Overall, it works but wish it were less expensive"

SGil July 9, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "Have taken pills for 12 days without result. Had lots of hope.....slowly fading away! $208.00 should have do better....."

Dobetter July 6, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "I'm 29 years old and I haven't had a problem with BMs really until the last 2 years, and then the last few weeks I have had ZERO/zip/no movement. I have been in so much pain and agony being so constipated with no relief and I tried EVERYTHING at home. Enema, laxatives, stool softeners, ice cream (sometimes it helps)... absolutely nothing helped. I finally went into my doctor after a night of throwing up blood (not sure what was up with that), and finally he referred me to a specialist but also prescribed me Linzess. This is a MIRACLE PILL. It took about an hour and 45 minutes for it to kick in, but it helped, and continues. Ask your doctor for a co-pay card, it may help with price. It is expensive."

M2721 July 6, 2015

For Constipation "I was prescribed this drug due to chronic constipation due to hyperparathyroid. It helps most days, but only if I take Senokot the evening before. On its own, it didn't work well. I cramp badly all day until I get relief."

cMonster (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2015

For Constipation "I am on methadone maintenance. I have been on it for years. It causes serious constipation for me. I had to manually pull it out! pain, bloating, you name it. My Dr gave me samples of Linzess. I took it at 2pm, and just took a seriously satisfying poop . Miracle drug. No side effects, yet. I strongly recommend for anyone chronically constipated."

ChronicConstipated (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I'm 19 and was recently diagnosed with IBS. It was a daily battle with the excruciating pain that would double me over sweating. I would get a fever from the pain and almost pass out on a daily basis. I tried everything for months and nothing would work. I drank 2 gallons of colonoscopy prep before my colonoscopy and I still wasn't cleared out. I started linzess and within 2 days I was completely gone of symptoms. Linzess changed my life and I can be a normal college studen again. MAKE SURE YOU TAKE IT ATLEAST 30 MINUTES BEFORE YOU EAT. If you don't that's when you will experience diarrhea . I would recommended this pill to anyone. The pill is worth the money"

Alex f July 2, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "I'm so glad to finally get relief. I tried everything else with no results. I saw the commercial and asked my doc about Linzess. He agreed I should try it. He told me to take it in the morning, 30 minutes BEFORE my first meal. I took it later and I got diarrhea. Now I take it in morning and it works great! I know this sounds dramatic but I feel like I got my life back during these two weeks. If it works for me it should work for anyone. $30 copay is same as buying miralax which doesn't really work for me. I'm satisfied."

a free man (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "I have chronic idiopathic constipation due to opioid pain medications and also have chronic Hep C I'm in the fibrosis late stage ...having fibrosis of the liver affects the secretion of chloride and bicarbonate into the intestinal luman ,mainly through activation of cystic fibrosis hence I have had cramps,pain,fullness, unable to aleminate stools completely even with laxatives and miralax I still had a hard time even getting the urge...hard stools, sometimes I would cramp so hard I would scream in pain unable to move even enima didn't work than I started this medication 3 days ago ...worked the first day well I took it in morning and went next morning and eliminated completely and I feel so much better no more fever,not nauseated anymore"

anonymous...chronic idiopathic (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "After recently being diagnosed with IBS-Constipation my doctor gave me samples of this medication and had me stop taking Miralax, which I had been taking twice a day. They stressed that one pill is to be taken first thing in the morning and to wait at least an hour before consuming any food. I have followed these directions and I have not had any discomfort or diarrhea. I have been having at least one bowel movement a day, sometimes two, and I have lost 5lbs since I started, about two weeks. Side effects I have felt are some gurgling in my stomach between bowel movements and some clogging in my ears. No bloating and no uncontrolled movements."

Amanda Rae June 30, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "My GI doc finally gave me some samples of Linzess (290). I have taken it the past two evenings with food at her direction. While I have gotten some relief from my IBS-C, it's been uncomfortable to say the least. I take the med around 7:00 when I finish dinner, and by 10:30 I'm starting all-night, multiple trips to the bathroom. Explosive, watery diarrhea, loud and almost constant gurgling in my stomach, and my bottom is so raw that I can barely sit down. I still don't feel totally cleaned out. I can't keep up this pattern - getting less than 3 hours of sleep a night (I have a stressful job and can't afford to be this tired!), and I don't dare take it in the mornings because I wouldn't be able to work at all!"

Aubiemom June 26, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "I have been on Linzess for over a year now. I suffered for years with bloating, constipation, hard tummy and fever to the touch, lethargic, unable to get up some days. After many doctors appointments and an emergency room visit where they thought I had everything from gall stones to appendicitis-I was referred to a gastrointestinal doctor. He wanted to do what doctors before did. More fiber, stool softener, even anti-depressant drugs to see if that relaxed the intestines. He diagnosed me with IBS-C. Which taking supplemental fiber or eating fibrous foods inflames even more. I did the research myself and argued with him I wouldn't do what I'd done for years & demanded I get Linzess. I am 100% normal & cured. Take the pill! It works."

Anonymous June 24, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "I think I found my miracle pill for my chronic constipation I have had for years. Took 2 pills last night at 8pm & woke up at 430am going. I will take it in the mornings from now on, 1 pill. This is great."

jerniganmae (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2015

For Constipation "I have suffered for 40 years with constipation. I was taking Amitiza but I suffered from hair loss. So my Dr suggested Linzess. It took days to kick in and then it was out of control for at least an hour. I quickly began gaining weight, so I stopped the meds for a couple of months, dropped 8 lbs :) Well I decided to try the Linzess again to see if the weight gain was caused by something else....It was the Linzess 7 lbs in 8 days. I would rather drink mineral oil and drink Miralax instead of using this drug any more...Very Pricey."

Nicole Marie June 4, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "After many years of chronic bloating and constipation, I finally tried Linzess. I was taking Miralax daily, sometimes twice a day, for about a year but still no relief from the horrible bloating. I'd eat half an apple and have to move my belt buckle. Now, a little over a month on Linzess and I am no longer bloated, I go every day and feel SO much better!!!!! No side effects at all. I just learned that taking with food can result in diarrhea or help if you feel constipated again. Will try that if I ever need it."

NoLongerLookPregnant (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I was diagnosed with IBS after a long, painful battle with RLQ Abdominal pain. I was prescribed Linzess. Before I took Linzess, I could go to the bathroom every single day, multiple times if I needed to. First day of Linzess - cramps literally DOUBLED my original rating of an 8 on a 1-10 pain scale, 10 being worst pain in life. Was in complete agony until it wore off. Couldn't go to the bathroom at all. Second day of Linzess- cramps literally TRIPLED my pain. I've been in bed crying because I can barely talk because I'm in so much pain and yet, still no bowel motion. Not only is this medication making my pain much worse, it also caused me to become constipated because I wasn't constipated before. I will NOT be using this medication again."

AllTimePain (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Linzess worked perfectly. I did not have the cramping like I did using laxatives. However, I had rapid weight gain...10 pound gain in just over a week. I stopped taking it and weight started going down, started taking it again and the weight went back up. I already fight my weight so I will not be able to use it. I hate that cause it really worked great."

riverrat79 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have such severe constipation that I end up in the emergency room for it because I'm so full I can't eat or drink for days. My stomach will not growl for days because there is no room. I will go weeks and no bowel movement. I tried everything even prescription medications as far as them giving me the stuff you drink when you get a colonoscopy. My doctor finally gave me linzess. I take 145 in the am. First two days I did have watery stools pretty quick after taking. Next few days it was hours and I only had regular bowel movements. Every few days I do have watery stools. I am still new to the meds. So far though this is a miracle!!! Before I couldn't eat, drink, leave the house, sleep for days because of the pain."

Spearsam83 May 13, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Dr gave me a sample to see if it would relieve my ibs-c. Although I couldn't afford the prescription, I was very impressed with how well linzess worked in my case. I didn't realize how much of a storm was going on in my gut until this drug calmed it, amazing! I am definitely going to check out the coupon options."

elleo (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2015