User Reviews for Linzess

Learn more about Linzess.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome 42 reviews 127 medications

Constipation, Chronic 76 reviews 29 medications

8.3
Constipation 19 reviews 239 medications

7.9
Summary of Linzess reviews 137 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Linzess

Review by GI nurse:

For Constipation, Chronic: I have severe chronic idiopathic constipation. And Lizness usually works within 2-3 hours after taking it. It doesn't work every time but if it works 2 times a week then I'm happy. Without it I only had a Bowel Motion once a month at the most. And that's after using magnesium citrate.

February 23, 2015 9:43 PM

Review by Jeff's one time use (taken for less than 1 month):

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Severe diarrhea started in one hour with about 5 ounces discharge every 2 minutes. Was not able to consume water fast enough to prevent dehydration. Diarrhea slowed after a couple hours. Most diarrhea was over after 6 hours.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 23, 2015 10:34 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: Weight gain very rapid. It'd rather deal with constipation than the weight gain.

February 17, 2015 8:01 PM

Review by naturally:

For Constipation: I started the sample, after taking the 2nd bottle I now have relief, (diarrhea). I have been asked by my doctor to stop taking it.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 2, 2015 10:59 AM

Review by Vicki in Buffalo (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Constipation, Chronic: Low dose worked great but after samples were done and coupon used I was asked to pay 286 dollars for a 30 day supply with my auto worker retiree medical plan. Back to constipation it seems...TOO EXPENSIVE.

January 31, 2015 8:31 AM

Review by Flip4me62 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Constipation, Chronic: I have suffered for a year with severe gastro problems that landed me in the emergency room 3 times and a ride in the ambulance. This medicine is a miracle but can cause severe diarrhea (like stay close to the bathroom and don't leave your house till you adjust). It is a miracle medication and has greatly improved the quality of my life.

January 17, 2015 2:31 PM

Review by First Week User (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation, Chronic: Same as others here, constipation for 20 years (currently in my 40s). I'd go weeks without a movement, became terribly ill. Laxatives caused intense cramping, nausea and fainting, so when Miralax came out I was thrilled. 5 years later on the Miralax almost daily, my doctor suggested the Linzess. Started samples (245mg) until I could fill my (145mg) script, and I don't recommend the higher dose - terrible cramping, nausea and unpredictable movements. After starting the 145mg dose, I'm doing much better, with a very productive movement (or 2!!) every day, but I'm disappointed. I'm fairly torn to shreds with fissures from hard, forceful movements. Hoping for improvement soon!

January 7, 2015 9:17 AM

Review by DC211:

For Constipation, Chronic: Was prescribed Linzess for chronic constipation. Within 6 days I gained 7 pounds. When you're only 120 pounds, 7 is great! I'm an extremely active person and healthy eater. Thought it was water weight from the medicine, but been off the medicine for over a week and still weigh the same. Wish I had seen all the posts online about rapid and stubborn weight gain prior to taking the it!

January 4, 2015 10:45 PM

Review by 67usaf:

For Constipation, Chronic: Began taking the 145MCG at first it worked great then after a few times not so great. Doctor suggested I take two pills a day (290MCG total). That worked much better. I skip some days if I'm going to be away from home or far from a bathroom. This stuff works great but at least for me I have to plan my activities around the dosage.

January 2, 2015 8:59 AM

Review by Janice33:

For Constipation, Chronic: This has been a life saver for me. I've had several bouts of diverticulitis and my gastroenterologist referred me to a surgeon for a consult. I asked for a trial of Linzess. Immediately I had relief. It worked "too well" in the beginning (stayed close to bathroom entire a.m.). Now I use 145 dose daily and I am fine. So grateful for Linzess!

December 30, 2014 7:22 AM

Review by Maejoe (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation, Chronic: Wonderful, works in about one hour.

December 27, 2014 5:41 PM

Review by ssc6399:

For Constipation, Chronic: I'm 27.. have suffered from chronic constipation for almost 12 years now. Was diagnosed 6 years ago. Went through total hell and back when I was diagnosed. Over the past four years I went from taking 2 capfuls of Miralax to 6...daily. My whole life revolves around my stomach issue. I'm on my 3rd day of Linzess... have already cut my dosage of Miralax over half. Hope to be totally off it of it soon. So far Linzess is the answer to my prayers. Anyone looking for an alternative should definitely give it a try. Bowel movements are loose but always are.. nothing new. They do come on quick within a couple of hours of taking the medication.. be close to a bathroom to see how it affects you. Super happy about Linzess!

December 13, 2014 8:09 PM

Review by finallyasolution (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation, Chronic: I've been chronically constipated for as long as I can remember. My parents would give me suppositories as a toddler and prescription medicines to help ease my struggle. Eventually, I moved onto taking gross amounts of Miralax every night in hopes of softening stools that had only ever been rock-hard. This worked as a stool softener, but didn't help to give me the urge to ever use the restroom. I started taking Amitiza, which came with its side effects: bloating, headaches, nausea, and cramping. Finally, my gastro doctor turned me onto Linzess. So far, I've been using it for a week and have NEVER been more regular in my life. Mornings are a breeze...this medicine is life changing.

November 29, 2014 3:50 PM

Review by LIfetimeSufferer (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Constipation, Chronic: From infancy to my 50's, I've used it all- phenothalein laxatives, castor oil, fiber, Miralax, enemas, bisacodyl, exercise, hydration, Zelnorm while it was available, and on and on. Only the phenothalien/old Ex-lax formula laxatives and Zelnorm were of use. Phenothalien also required drinking 8-16 ounces more fluid when you were already congested, adding painfully to existing distension and then needing to wait up to hours. Since that laxative was removed from the US market in the 2000's, availability now is very limited; Zelnorm was recalled by the FDA for strokes and cardiac issues (and did cause punch-in-the-gut cramping.) LInzess is amazing, reliable, no pain, some diarrhea, but complete control and great increased quality of life!!!

November 22, 2014 6:47 PM

Review by aamash:

For Constipation, Chronic: it didn't help me!!still constipated I take the 145 mcg.

November 22, 2014 11:08 AM

Review by E.G (taken for less than 1 month):

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: The first and only medicine that worked for my Irritable Bowel Syndrome-C! Life changing.

November 21, 2014 10:48 AM

Review by Ralfel Cuban:

For Constipation, Chronic: This medication is awesome. I was experiencing difficulty going to the bathroom. My bowels felt locked up inside of me causing great discomfort. I was in so much pain my wife drove me to do the doctor ASAP the same day and I was given this medication. After taking the medication, three hours later my bowels moved and I did not have to strain and feel the discomfort. Thank God for this medication. It is awesome!

November 20, 2014 10:17 PM

Review by Markiemarkmark:

For Constipation, Chronic: Have had Irritable Bowel Syndrome-Constipation since early adulthood. I am now 59. I have a Great Gastro Dr. A few years back, he put me on Amitiza it kinda helped, but not much. About 6 weeks ago he put me on Linezz. It is a miracle, in the beginning it did cause diarrhea and runny stools... at 2 weeks. After that and up to this morning I take the low dose 1 hour before breakfast, and now for the first time, I have normal bowel motion.

November 18, 2014 7:52 AM

Review by Renf (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Constipation, Chronic: Works great. First relief in many years. I thank the developers every day.

November 13, 2014 4:28 PM

Review by highly satisfied:

For Constipation, Chronic: I normally suffered with occasional constipation. Sometimes I cried I when I can't go. One night I was watching TV and I saw this advertisement about Linzess, immediately I started doing some research about it and to my surprise I didn't know that so much folks suffered from constipation like I do. I went up my Doc and asked her to prescribed it for me. I just picked it up from the pharmacy yesterday and the instructions say to take on an empty stomach. I took it first thing this morning around 8:00 am and I just have my first Bowel Motion in 4 days. Time is now 9:00pm. Thanks to Linzess.

November 11, 2014 9:07 PM

Review by TummyTrouble2:

For Constipation, Chronic: I've had stomach issues for most of my life (I'm 41) and have tried "everything," with no reliable consistency. I've tried the OTC medicines, Miralax worked for some time then stopped. Suppositories once a week had become my only source of bowel motions. I took Amitiza for 6 weeks, with no positive results. I took 2 doses of Linzess and Boy! I spent the next 6 hours in the bathroom. Not fun. I even had to step out, mid-shower, conditioner in my hair, to use the bathroom more! And cramps, oh the cramps. This is my 2nd week with the samples my Dr. gave me. I took a pill yesterday...and the same cramps and episode occurred. Didn't last as long but hurt as much. I am sore this morning; my stomach hurts. I will continue with Linzess, it works.

November 4, 2014 12:18 PM

Review by Allie Johnson:

For Constipation, Chronic: I've been taking Miralax as I was told take daily for my chronic bowel constipation which always resulted in blockage. I recently saw a commercial for Lizness and decided to research it on my own. I saw my physician and they let me try it for 30 days only because of the severity ofmy blockages to see a gastro dr. I have been on it now for 4 days and this is the best I've felt in 11 years since my bowel was damaged in surgery in error. I finally feel hope for my physical future.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 3, 2014 8:27 PM

Review by ChristinaLB:

For Constipation, Chronic: First of all, I NEVER leave reviews ... So the fact that I'm taking time to write one should speak volumes. I absolutely love this medication and will NOT do without it! Chronic constipation for years and years...I recently went 3 weeks without a bowel motion. I took every laxative and stool softner including giving myself suppositories and enemas. This is a miracle! I've been on it one week and I have had a bowel movement every single morning just a few hour after taking this medicine. No cramping, no bloating! Life changing. I feel amazing and I will not ever go without this pill!

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 30, 2014 8:45 PM

Review by Couldn't go (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Constipation, Chronic: Believe me. If you "cannot go" this will do the trick. I had CAT Scans, Upper GIs, tried Gluten free, Dairy Free, chugged water, EVERYTHING. this has been a life saver. But beware. I am only 24 years old and I sometimes want to wear depends. This stuff gives no warning when you're about to...2.

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 26, 2014 12:18 PM

Review by R. Reb (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Constipation, Chronic: At 45yrs old, I have had challenges well over 35 yrs. My GI Dr. wanted a more natural approach for me, but it just didn't work. Today I took 290 mgs and within 2-3 hrs I was in the bathroom. It was comfortable but watery and loose. I'm okay with that verses the bearing down or squirming during a "movement". I only have samples but will ask for a prescription from Dr. asap. I pray my insurance picks up majority of bill. But I'm willing to save and make sacrifices. Best of luck. Oh and I took it at 10am on a Sun /off day.

October 19, 2014 6:17 PM