User Reviews for Linzess

Learn more about Linzess.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome 37 reviews 125 medications

Constipation 16 reviews 236 medications

8.1
Constipation, Chronic 49 reviews 29 medications

7.9
Summary of Linzess reviews 102 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Linzess

Review by crazy life (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Constipation, Chronic: I'm 41 years old, and I've been constipated my entire life, since Child hood. Now I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome, constipation, and take narcotics. I push and push until I almost pass out. I become lightheaded and finally after pushing for 15/20 minutes I tear and Bleed. My Dr. gave me samples of Linzess and it's changed my life. I do have some some runny stool, but I would go through that any day. Constipation would cause me to get blisters in my mouth, I no longer get them. I'm a different person. My life was miserable before. Many many years my life was a nightmare. Now I feel human. Love this medication.

August 30, 2014 1:36 PM

Review by Ronnie L:

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: I took Linzess for about 3 months and IMMEDIATELY began to gain weight. I noticed the weight gain and thought that it had to be my diet. I began cutting back, watching what I ate and nothing was worked. After taking myself off of the medication, I IMMEDIATELY noticed the weight loss. I felt bloated around my entire midsection going all the way around to my back. Biggest I had ever been. Someone commented that they felt 3 months pregnant and that would about sum it up. I think the FDA should disclose that side effect after looking into the medicine more closely.

August 24, 2014 11:49 AM

Review by Caq (taken for less than 1 month):

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: I started taking Linzess about a week ago and I'm beyond thrilled. I'm 26 and have never been able to go to the bathroom without taking something and even then usually only every two weeks. My first day taking this medication 30 mins. Before my first meal, I had no pain, no cramping, no gurgling etc. And was able to go within 4 hours. My bowel motions are not watery like some describe but actually what a normal bowel motion should be like. There's no after pain and no pain while I am going. I haven't had a sudden urge to go but rather I just go when I try to. Additionally, I have only gone 1-2 times per day and I am so excited about that! This is a miracle medication and I can't wait to see how much healthier my body will be. Thank you for creating this!

August 23, 2014 1:08 AM

Review by Lisaintoronto (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Constipation, Chronic: After seeing so many bad reviews of this medicine, it almost stopped me from picking it up from the pharmacy (considering the cost) but I am so happy I did. When I take it it cleans me out with no pain, gas or bloating that I would get from other laxatives. If you have a job or somewhere to be during the day I would not take it in the morning. I am at home with my kids so I follow the morning schedule and within 2-3 hours it takes effect with frequent trips to the bathroom that last for about an hour. On days that I have plans I simply time the medication to kick in when I know I'll be home. I will take a planned one hour bathroom break over feeling constipated and disgusting any day! Take every second day considering how well it cleans you.

August 8, 2014 2:15 PM

Review by Linzizi:

For Constipation, Chronic: My doctor gave me Linzess samples and so far it is helping alot. I dont have as much discomfort in my stomach, and less burping and farting. However I did have a VERY embarrassing situation happen when I was walking my dogs one morning, I had no feeling I had to go at all, and just coughed, and out came a liquid mess. SO...overall I like the medicine but the diarrhea can be severe and unexpected. I have never had this happen before!

July 30, 2014 5:54 PM

Review by Ibs sucks (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: This medication has provided constipation relief. I have been taking it for a year. I have followed the directions of taking the medicine 30 minutes before breakfast...my experience has been that if I don't make it a point to go to the restroom within 30 minutes after breakfast, I won't be able to release. I'll be bloated all day. I noticed this when I found myself preoccupied at work and realized that I had forgotten to use restroom. I have been having my breakfast and making it a point to go to the restroom within 15 minutes and it has been great. I do get bloating and some cramping after eating lunch. I wish I could use the restroom after every meal though.

July 24, 2014 7:41 AM

Review by joltyness1:

For Constipation: I was prescribed Linzess for my Irritable Bowel Syndrome and the constipation that comes with it. After taking it daily for a week with good results, I got bad diarrhea. My doctor told me to only take it when needed instead of every day. I feel a lot better now that I'm not taking it every day. My only gripes are the diarrhea if I'm not careful and the very specific time of day I have to take it (in the morning at least 30 minutes before my first meal... kind of a pain for a busy working person). It's also pretty expensive, which gives me another reason to be glad I'm no longer taking it every day. Besides that, it's a huge relief to finally have regular bowel movements that aren't a strain to pass.

July 23, 2014 1:42 PM

Review by Caitcakes:

For Constipation, Chronic: I have been constipated for YEARS. Since I was about 16, and I'm now 24. I tried everything from changing what I ate to fiber gimmies and drink mixes, two laxatives, and vegetable laxatives, milk of magnesia, I even drank magnesium citrate. It has been a constant struggle with bloating and cramping. I could gain up to 5 pounds and I was constipated for more than a week, and that even made fitting in my clothes difficult! Send using Lindzess I am never constipated!! I take it every other day, and that is enough for me. My movements aren't hard, but they aren't diarrhea either...play with it and take it as you need it, but it surely is a miracle pill.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 15, 2014 11:20 AM

Review by Not a fan (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: A nurse practitioner gave me samples. I took one pill, cleaned me out within an hour. After that I had watery diarrhea all day. My head felt weird and I don't mean lightheadedness, I mean like something was wrong, like I just got abducted by aliens and they were trying to read my mind type feeling. Also when I went to sleep I had a nightmare about my one year old drowning. The last nightmare I had was in 2010 so something is clearly not right with me being on this medicine. I have not taken another pill since then.

July 13, 2014 5:41 PM

Review by dollyjeans:

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: This is a miracle. Not only do I have irritable bowel syndrome, I also take narcotics for chronic pain, both of which will cause significant constipation. This medicine works great for both. My irritable bowel episodes that used to rule my life have been reduced substantially since I started taking this, and the abdominal pain that used to accompany my IBS has been reduced as well. I was nervous taking it at first because it is a new medicine, but so far I haven't had any problems with side effects.

July 12, 2014 3:39 PM

Review by MissJaCinda:

For Constipation, Chronic: I was diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome-Constipation 15 years ago and severely suffered with constipation since then. On average I would do a bowel motion once every 2 1/2 to 3 weeks....no exaggeration. I requested a colonoscopy after a friend of mine suddenly died of colon cancer at the age of 31. Year ago my PCP introduced me to Linzess. It took a month for my body to adjust. I do have occasional diarrhea with it but I will take it over constipation any day! It's been a year and I am down to taking it once a week and rather then have a bowel motion once or twice a month. I go once or twice a day lawlessly with no issues whatsoever. It has acted almost like a cure for my condition. Thank GOD for Linzess!

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 11, 2014 12:02 PM

Review by Bdaniels7 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: I was hospitalized for a week because of a bout with diverticulitis. As a result, my intestines , so I was told, stopped pushing waste through. I was constipated for 3 weeks! My doctor gave me samples of Linzess. It was a miracle! I began having bowel movements on the first day! Some mild diarrhea, but I'm going and there is no cramping, no aches, no bloating. Amazing. I have had constipation issues for years, but not any more! I highly recommend trying it! Thanks Linzess!

July 11, 2014 7:31 AM

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: I have had irritable bowel syndrome all my life and I'm 26 years old. I'm very healthy and work out daily. I've been to many doctors and I was told to add more fiber to my diet but never prescribed Linzess until now. Before now I would have a bowel movement maybe once every two weeks with bloating and pain. Now I have a bowel movement once a day. You do need to plan accordingly but if you do it works perfect! Love it!

July 10, 2014 9:15 PM

Review by mm341 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: I've had severe chronic constipation with Irritable Bowel Syndrome for about 20 years. When the IBS flares up, triggered by the constipation, it's debilitating for about two days. Fiber, laxatives, gallons of water never helped. I just learned about Linzess from my doctor this week after the IBS had me right down in bed near a toilet. I have been on it for about 4 days now and I feel a bit of churning in my belly but I'm still straining to have a bowel movement and my stool is still hard. I'm hoping that will change with a few more doses! Based on the reviews people respond differently to this medicine. My insurance covers the medicine but I'm in a high deductible plan, so I had to pay out of pocket...ouch...very expensive.

July 6, 2014 7:02 AM

Review by Betart:

For Constipation, Chronic: I have had constipation problems for years. Before Linzess, I was taking up to 6 different medications to try to go and then it would hit with a vengeance and last all day long. I couldn't work a full time job because of it. I was miserable all of the time with bloating, cramping and nausea. I have only been on it a week and I already feel so much better. I now have bowel movements like normal people. Yes, there is some diarrhea, but I think I am still getting used to it. If the diarrhea gets bad, I will cut back to every other day. But, I will talk to my doctor first.

June 28, 2014 7:18 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation, Chronic: I have been constipated for over 20 years. Recently I started having stomach pains, after one week of discomfort I went to the ER. They took a flat plate x-ray and concluded that I should see my doctor right away. The doctor prescribed Linzess 145 mcg, He give me samples for 16 days and a prescription to fill, after taking 1/day for 6 days I called the doctor, and he instructed me to take 2, (290 mcg) It worked like a miracle, so I took it for 2 days, and went back to taking 1/day, and this time with the same results like when I took 2 caps. This is amazing and without any side effects. But I am unable to purchase it, because it is too expensive.

June 22, 2014 11:20 PM

Review by LAConrad:

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Have had YEARS of irritable bowel syndrome with constipation. Bowel movement usually only twice per week...in and out of the bathroom for several hours, cramping and pain that would sometimes give me cold sweats. Then exhaustion and residual intestinal ache all day. No one understood. Fiber was useless. Several bouts of diverticulitis. Never realized that IBS and contipation could contribute to the development of diverticulosis. To me Linzess is a miracle. Yes you do need to be near a bathroom and the bowel motions are mostly liquid in this first 2 weeks I have been taking it. But NO PAIN, RESIDUAL ACHE OR EXHAUSTION! I can take it and go to work. Going out...just get up a little earlier. I even feel better and more energetic overall.

June 22, 2014 11:43 AM

Review by Ella M (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation, Chronic: I tried a sample of Linzess 154mg for chronic constipation/ tortuous colon/ IBS-C I was told it might take 4 days to work. I took it 1 hour before breakfast and 2-3 hours later I was cleaned out. It was gentle (not urgent) no cramps. However the thirst and head ache from dehydration lasted ALL day. Toward the end of the day I couldn't get enough water and I couldn't physically drink anymore water. Living in hot humid weather did not help. I wish the dose was smaller. I can deal with a little bit of thirst but I could not stay hydrated on this medication and it did not improve my quality of life. I may try taking in the early evening so I can sleep through the 8 hours of dehydration and see if that is tolerable but can't take this daily.

June 22, 2014 7:50 AM

Review by MsJann (taken for less than 1 month):

I have diagnosed with small bowel bacterial overgrowth. I had eaten at a restaurant last September and had gotten very sick from the food, and have had stomach problems since then; bloating and constipation. The GI prescribed me Linzess a few days ago. I took first one yesterday and a few hours later I had such horrible, severe diarrhea. My stomach cramped most of the day and was pretty nauseated to where all I felt comfortable eating was toast and Cream of Wheat. Just took my second one, will see if that was a one time effect or if it'll happen again. If it does, will not take any more as the diarrhea was so so severe that I'd rather put up with the bloating and constipation than the severe diarrhea.

June 20, 2014 8:16 AM

Review by Cj jr:

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: I had bad ibs c for almost 10 years I'm a 23 yr old male that has tried everything and had enough of it I tryed linzess 290mg and it was too much I was very excited I went down to 145mg and now I have my life back I was so worried about leaving my house but now it's the total opposite this drug is a miracle drug for me. What I normally do is take the 145mg at 9am drink water then till 930 then at 935 I will eat and relax, in a hour or little more I will have a bm, the rest of the day I will hardly go but I will feel good no bloating no tummy acke no worries!!! I hope this helped!

June 19, 2014 10:10 AM

Review by hbjlhbvkg:

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Awful, just awful. Took for 5 days. Medication took 5 days to "work". When it finally had worked I spent the next 4 hours on the toilet with pure liquid diarrhea. And everytime I took it 30 minutes after taking it my bowels would have what felt like a seizure for about 10-20 minutes.

June 6, 2014 7:05 AM

Review by JLH3:

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: I could go 9 to 12 days not having a bowel movement. I stayed very sick. I even got to where I only ate very little food. Bloating was very severe. I have pants from size 4 -7 depending on the day. Then my Dr. prescribed Linzess. I have been on Linzess for 3 yrs. I had no side effects but diarrhea. But I don't even care. It's a blessing. I must take every day or I still will not have a movement. I will take this miracle pill the rest of my life! Cost is high but you can get cheaper with a card through the makers.

May 24, 2014 8:08 PM

Review by trago (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Constipation, Chronic: I have suffered with chronic constipation for at least 5 years, I always assumed it was caused by pain medication and opiates. I started methadone treatment about 10 months ago and the constipation got worse. I tried laxatives, stool softeners, drinking tons of water, eating everything I could that gave me fiber in my diet, nothing was helping. It got so bad that going to the bathroom was something I feared. I found myself doing an enema every 2 days. Then they stopped working. I talked to my doctor and he gave me Linzess and about 3 days after the first pill I went to the bathroom. No pain, no constipation it was amazing. I've been taking Linzess for a month now and everything seems normal again. Linzess is my miracle pill.

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 22, 2014 1:20 PM

Review by DEEDEE SUE:

For Constipation, Chronic: I started Linsezz and within about 5 days, it worked for me. Actually I got very loose bowels, but it was working. Within a couple more days, I felt sick, very weak and tired, I almost felt like I was drugged and could feel my head moving back and forth. This happened for two days. I stopped it for a day or two and was fine. I took it again, and the same thing happened. I had to get in bed and sleep it off. Tired, felt weird. I stopped taking it.

May 19, 2014 12:54 AM

Review by Jwdw (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Linzess has been my best friend for a year . After spending thirty years with painful stomach aches, I feel like I have been given a new life! I take one 290 capsule in the morning , usually run to bathroom a few times with no pain. No pain. No lying in bed all day feeling exhausted. No worrying about going to work, shopping, wondering if I will be able to make appointments without cancelling. No more staying in the bathroom all day. I tried hundreds of things, and Linzess came through for me and my family. Forever grateful.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 11, 2014 12:33 PM