User Reviews for Linzess

Learn more about Linzess.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome 79 reviews 136 medications

8.1
Constipation, Chronic 139 reviews 28 medications

Constipation 34 reviews 229 medications

7.2
Summary of Linzess reviews 252 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Linzess

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have suffered from constipation and IBS forover 40 years. The drug works great, no gas, no cramping. I still have occasional problems and occasionally diarrhea. I will soon find out if it works as well when I travel -- which has been terrible in the past. If it works when I travel it will be a miracle! The price, however, is shocking and so in order to buy it at all, I have to order it from Canada."

Myrna13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I was reluctant to try Linzess and I wish I'd listened to myself! horrid pain for hours, cramping, stomach pain, belching, lightheaded, chills, and now spasms, definitely a setback in my GI saga. I'm irritable and completely out of sorts too - my poor family! At one point I thought I'd faint and need urgent care. I'm lucky my kids were here to help. I took it as directed, so that's not the issue. I'm just posting in case anyone else experiencing a negative reaction is wondering if they're alone. You're not. It's not for everyone."

SadGut (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I'm a 45 year old extremely fit women who eats extremely healthy BUT has suffered with IBS-C for 25 years. I used to take Bentyl when I would have IBS attacks, but I kept needing more and more which would continue to constipate me. Welcome Linzess! After getting the dosing and timing right, it's been a LIFESAVER! I take the lower dose before bed and have 4-5 loose BM's in the morning which cleans out my system. I have not had a single IBS attack in MONTHS since I started Linzess. Yes, it's a pain in the bottom, but I'd rather have 4-5 loose stools in the morning than live with constant constipation. The days I don't take it at night, I don't go to the bathroom in the morning. Relief...finally!"

Kimmie16 January 19, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I have experienced chronic constipation since I was diagnosed with systemic lupus 15 years ago. I have tried nearly every over the counter remedy with only short-term relief. I have been on 185 mg Linzess for a month and am happy when it actually works. Maybe it is too soon to decide if it is a great drug to relieve my constipation, but so far, it only stimulates a bowel movement 2-3 days/week; most often within 2 hours of taking the drug on an empty stomach. The other days, I am bloated, constipated and full of gas."

Jenn05 January 13, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I have dealt with chronic constipation and IBS for years and nothing has worked. I have been prescribed Miralax and used laxatives that leave me nauseated and major stomach cramps. I usually go 2-3 weeks without a bowel movement and my Dr. didn't seem concerned. When I was finally able to have a bowel movement I had to miss work because I became extremely nauseated and had major stomach cramps. I finally talked my Dr. into prescribing Linzess and I took it for the first time yesterday morning 30 minutes before eating. It took about 2 hours to work and I had warning with my stomach cramping a little but nothing major. I went to the bathroom 3 times and although it was loose stools it was a nice relief. No nausea and no horrible side effects."

Teri1960 (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Iv'e tried this medicine three times . The first and second time had no response . The third time I had major gas bloating diarhea , chest pain and shortness of breath sweating and anxiety major fatigue so bad I could not function. I took myself off this and felt better . Never again . I also gained water weight I have no diabetes or thyroid issues . I couldnt even eat I would bloat so bad so why the weight gain in five days ? I'll go back to Miralax. I have IBS-C . Wish they would bring Zelnorm back it was the only thing that worked with no side effects"

Nurse54 January 7, 2016

For Constipation "I've suffered from constipation for most of my life, I started using Linzess about 2 months ago and it's prevented me from getting in the shape that I was in but I don't feel as if it's regulating me nor cleansing my bowels. I can't take it as directed because I work in the AM. Every dose I take it bloats me and I'll have either a lot of explosive diarrhea or no bowel moments at all. I'm thankful for the relieve it gives me but I'm afraid I'm getting use to the medicine and my body isn't reacting to is as it did in the beginning. But I do know that when taken as directed with lots of water the Linzess works a lot better. :)"

Linzess User (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "Unlike most people who post on here beware my experience with this drug has been horrific. After taking as directed by manufacturer, one hour before first meal, I almost instantly become deathly ill. Cramping and spasms so severe I can hardly breath and feel like I am going into shock. This last for two hours. I couldn't call 911 if I tried. I can't move I'm so sick. After the episode I can barely walk I'm so weak. My chest hurts terribly for hours afterward. I've been so desperate to have a bowel movement that I have tried this drug several times with same result. Never again! I do eventually have severe diarrhea toward the end of the episode. This drug is not for me."

Snoopy62 January 5, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Have suffered from chronic IBS with constipation for 35 years. .. nothing has ever helped. I would go up to two weeks with no bowel movements... spending hours on the toilet for relief. Which usually involved severe cramping that caused vomiting and passing out. I started linzess almost a year ago. It has changed my life. I started with taking it every other day AS SOON AS YOU WAKE UP! Then you can function normally through the day. If you take it any other time it can cause diarrhea. If you want a good cleansing then take it with food in the am. My body has adjusted now and I need to take it everyday day. What I've noticed lately is that it's not as effective anymore. I'm worried after long term use it will no longer be effective"

Anonymous December 27, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "May help an occasional Constipation, but for chronic IBS, did not help me. Water trickled out after approx. 30 minutes after taking Linzess then nothing but severe cramping. A WASTE of money. A lot of cash. Took as directed, for 21 days, notified the gastro, he told me to discontinue use."

Crap medication December 20, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "Totally life changing medicine for people with chronic constipation and straining. I only need one every 4 days to keep me regular now. It is not like other laxatives, this lasts for a couple days. It's really a great medicine for me, I think it could help many others!"

tv200112 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 19, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "Have had a sluggesh bowel with incomplete emptying in a daily basis. I was always full, bloated and miserable. Since taking 145 a linzess in am I empty 100% and feel great EVERY day. Changed my life, miracle drug for me."

SuperStooler (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 19, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "It worked great for the first few Months but then I felt bloated and constipated 24-7 and it got to an extreme back and forth to the bathroom 30-40 times a night trying to pass gas, etc. I stopped taking Linzess and started on IBGuard Peppermint oil and the sensation I've been living with is gone! I feel the best I've felt in 20 years."

Beardog1111 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 18, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "I have suffered from severe, chronic constipation for over 5 years. This past August, I started drinking 2-3 capfuls of Miralax a day & was taking a massive dose of magnesium. Still, my abdominal pain/constipation persisted. Shortly after upping the Miralax/magnesium, I began to notice blood in my stools. As the fall progressed, I passed a bowel movement MAYBE once a week & it left me crying in pain each time. I was bloated & miserable. Recently, I saw a new GI who decided to do an endoscopy which revealed a large, bleeding stomach ulcer. She also decided to have me try Linzess. I have gone to the bathroom 1-2 times a day EVERY DAY since. This drug changed my life. *** TIP: DRINK MAG CITRATE 1-2 DAYS BEFORE STARTING TO AVOID CRAMPING/PAIN"

Lybbi (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "I had an umbilical hernia and severe constipation where I felt my bowels grind to a halt. At first, my family doctor and gastroenterologist recommended miralax but I had to increase the dosage to 14 tablespoons a day to deal with the pain. Linzess does not cause diarrhea for me because I take it as soon as I get up and do not eat until lunch. Bowel movements are normal and the pain is gone. The pain used to feel like my intestines were being torn apart. I thank God every day for Linzess."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "I struggled with agonizing constipation for decades! My entire digestive system is slow! Drinking up to a gallon of water a day, exercise, fiber nothing worked unless I took dulcolax and it often came with nausea unbearable cramps ( I even fainted on several occasions). I have a severe back issue and the constipation doubled the pain because of the constant pressure. Finally went to the Dr (GI specialist ) and he prescribed LINZESS . When I picked up the med. and googled it I figured out it was the same medication for which I participated in a study back in 2009. Its a life saver !!!! Going every other day is awesome and I was able to put off my back surgery for at least 6 more mo. No funky side effects! !"

Pooped (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "The pain went away when having a BM but after six weeks of rushing to, the bathroom and not making it in time I had to quit it. Can't go thru that every morning."

Lake girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "After six years of such extreme constipation that I was going maybe once a week sometimes once every two weeks. Bloating to where it looked like I had basketball under my shirt and such extreme gass I don't even want to go into it. And this was every day for six years. Every day. I'm scared to eat anything absolutely anything. Then after numerous doctors visits and numerous doctors. I was given Linzess samples. For a month and a half my life was completely changed almost normal even. Then the samples ran out I went to fill the prescription, it cost $500 a month!! even after The discount, and in the 300 range after my deductible was met. I can't even remotely afford this. I'm devastated that I can afford this medication. Devastated!"

Meganliz 85 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2015

For Constipation "I am allergic to this product against the skin rashes stuffed up sinuses headache puffy eyes Redskin uncontrol sneezing dry mouth sore throat achy all over and vomiting"

ALHAWEB (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "Great experience but I will not be able to continue the use. I'm unemployed and has been for years due to a illness and that being said why is this medicine so expensive. The medication is a God send for me but I guess the Lord gives and the Lord takes away cause I'm too poor to purchase it. My doctor bless her heart gave me samples because of the cost but that ran out so now I'm stuck, literally."

Mrs. Green November 20, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "You have to find what works best for you with Linzess and when you do, you will LOVE this drug. I've had irritable bowel with severe constipation for all my adult life. My insurance does not cover this drug yet I am willing to pay for it. I have lost weight and no longer feel bloated all the time. Before Linzess, Miralax was the only thing that even barely worked (after a few days). Another commenter is right, if you take it more than 1/2 hour before eating (I wake up and take it in the wee hours of the morning or as soon as I wake up.) The earlier you take it, the more the bowel movement will contain a lot of water as well. A cup of coffee in the morning can jumpstart it."

Scoopanuts November 19, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "I have had extreme issue with constipation and bloating for years. I was miserable. Linzess is my miracle drug. I know have daily bowel movements and I'mable to pass gas daily as well. Thank you."

Karla Lynn November 17, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "I have suffered from chronic constipation I was 35 years old. I tried just about everything you can think of to get relief. I have tried stool softener, laxatives and enema nothing helped. Finally I went for colonoscopy when I told my doctor about the constipation. That when he give me sample of this miracle little pill. First try with in 45 minutes I was in the restroom. I have been taken linzess for 2 months now and doing great."

Lady in Plano Tx November 16, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "Severe allergic reaction I had tarry stools, severe diarrhea, stomach pain, weakness, itchiness."

1Elenadetroya (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "I have diabetes and have had severe constipation for over a year. Went to the doctor and had a few tests done. My doctor put me on Linzess and it has saved my life. I am still sick but without Linzess I would be much sicker than I am now. If you have any problem with constipation talk to your doctor about Linzess it works."

Darrellene November 11, 2015