User Reviews for Linzess

Learn more about Linzess.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome 65 reviews 129 medications

8.3
Constipation, Chronic 115 reviews 28 medications

8.1
Constipation 27 reviews 221 medications

7.9
Summary of Linzess reviews 207 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Linzess

For Constipation, Chronic "I have been taking this for a week now. It worked the first time I took it. But now 6 days later, I still can't go. I take it at the same time daily, with water, and before meals to no avail. I am disappointed it doesn't work as I am running out of options."

Colonel Meow September 1, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "If you have issue going to bathroom and have tried changing your diet, drinking more water , taking fiber and or laxatives then you need to give this a try. I can not go to bathroom without linzess the squirts get better after a couple week but honestly for me there welcome as the relieve me the quickest and I don't have any incontinenence issues with the diarrhea. It help me 2 hrs after taking it the first time I have to have it this situation started about a year and half after kid was born 8 months ago and hasn't stopped. I always had issues with gut but not like this. My Doctor attributes it to high stress high anxiety. Hopefully it goes away eventually"

bambam6993 August 26, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "I was referred to GI Dr. due to years of constipation and unproductive trial after trial of every over the counter medication and whollistic remedy known to man, I surrendered and began taking approximately 4 times the suggested dose of OTC stimulant laxative. This went on for 3-4 years and I knew I was dehydrating when began to have cotton eye- (like cotton mouth). So my GI doc prescribed linzess and it worked right away but unfortunately I didn't know it! Its weird, I had none of the normal sensations of a bowel movement but SHWOOSH there it was and there was no stopping it! It was too late before I even felt anything! Thank God I was home! I have a sensitive awareness of my body and its processes so its not like I have no feeling either"

Iluvtopoo August 25, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "First off this medication has been a life saver for me. I have suffered from IBS-D since I was a teenager and I found a support group that has helped me through it. I was given Linzess and ya the first 2 weeks can be bad, but I continued to take it and I have felt so much better. i also was instructed to take a really good multivitiman to help make sure I had all of my nutrients needed through the day and if you can work out that is what is helping me to cope. I really hope this helps some of you out there and I will continue to pray for a cure."

Shell008 August 24, 2015

For Constipation "I literally want to kiss the person who invented Linzess!! It saved my life from feeling miserable from constipation. It truly is a miracle drug. I only now take it once or twice a week now, but it's certainly the price to feel good again! Thank you a billion times!"

Janny g August 23, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "First off I would like to say that the majority of people not having a good experience with Linzess are not taking it properly. Following my doctors orders which were also labeled on the packaging from the pharmacy, Linzess 145mg works perfect for me. I have suffered from chronic constipation since I was a young girl and now I have a bowl movement every morning! A few things to keep in mind: Linzess takes 2 weeks to cycle through your body before it will work properly. Get through the 1st two weeks and it's great. I do have watery stools every morning. Always take it in the a.m. 30 mins prior to breakfast w/ a full glass of water. I allow 2 hours for Linzess to work through my system. So plan accordingly!"

Nny August 22, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I like Linzess and have used it off and on for 2 yrs - however dont take at night time - seems mornings work best. I had an accident in my sleep - not pleasant and a nightmare. I might have to have dr lower the dosage of 290 to lower one. I use Miralax normally - but Linzess for the times Miralax is lax on the job."

Lifer of IBS (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 21, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I took one 140 mcg capsule and within 20 minutes got cramps. I had severe watery diarrhea that literally shot out of me for almost 2 hours. It scared the hell out of me. I would compare it to the bowel prep before a colonoscopy. Never again."

Trish d August 20, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "crapped my pants on linzess smallest dose. Doctors don't warn patients about fecal incontinence which is too bad. Don't say you weren't warned! Wear depends underwear if you take this drug."

BM lover (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I started on linzess in April 2015. I thought it was my miracle drug, but it seems to have stopped working as well, and I have severe bloating/ abdominal distention. To make matters worse, I've gained weight. Not water weight either. I work out and eat low carb, but since starting linzess the scale is going up. It's looks as though I'm not the only one. Linzess needs to list potential weight gain as a side effect. But why would they do that? It's all about sales."

M King August 19, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "Tried linzess for about three months after fighting insurance company to cover. It worked well for that time, similar to once popular zelnorm. However at the third month, I bloated out all over my body. This was listed as a side effect so I stopped taking it and returned to align. Too bad!"

Concha2 August 18, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "At first I felt bloated uncomfortable so I stopped tried it a week later. Ended up in the hospital I felt flushed face swollen eyes couldn't breathe they had to give me IV and epi to go home with was the worst and scariest experience. Be careful I think its given for too many symptoms .. IBS constipation could be caused by hemorrhoids and diet I still suffer from constipation. I'm taking miralex 2 doses a day which works but it sometimes gives me diarrhea. Either way going to bathroom is not a pleasant experience"

Mrbear123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "Severe bloating , abdominal pains. When it does work , I get diarrhea along with cramps. I actually think this made me more constipated."

LH62 August 13, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "My doctor gave me a coupon for the first month free then after that my co pay was $30 through my insurance. The medicine does not work consistently some days I don't have a bowel movement while other days I have severe diarrhea but it beats being chronically constipated. I take the medicine at night and usually next day in afternoon or evening have bowel movement. It took a few days for it to kick in. Then stopped taking it due to diarrhea then got constipated again. I take it consistently now."

Jojo139 August 12, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Gave me severe constipation. I've had to take laxatives, have gas pains and bloated more than before"

Anonymous August 7, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "Rapid weight gain 7 pounds in one week. Bloating and gas that I couldn't control."

Angel2020 August 6, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "I took this from January to May. I started on thé 145 dosage, but I had to go up to the 290mg after a month when the lower dose stopped working. I was pleased with this medicine's ability to correct my chronic constipation. I was more gassy and sometimes had loose stools, but overall I felt a lot better. One problem I had with it was the extreme dehydration it caused; I suffered from super dry skin and "shredded coconut lips" the length of my usage. It was incredibly frustrating to drink 100oz of water each day and still be dehydrated! The worst effect of this drug was the nerve pain it caused. Beginning in April, my right arm started going numb, tingly, and had traveling pain up and down it. After $3500 of tests, I connected it to Linzesse"

MoneeMonee (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "Linzess works well for me. Since I have been a child I have suffered with constipation. However, I have gained 5 lbs. since I started taking the medication. I see others are suffering the same side effects. Weight gain is not mentioned as a possible side effect, but it should be."

KetzD August 1, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "Started linzess two days. No luck. Does anyone think I should take two to start it then go back to one??"

Maxandmaggie August 1, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "I have suffered from constipation all my life. I'm 60 and take medications for my heart and it has gotten worse. I've been taking Linzess for two months now and it's a miracle drug at least for me. Sure, I get some diarrhea but if you suffer from chronic constipation that is a welcome thing some days. Just to be able to clear my colon everyday is awesome. Thanks for coming out with this drug. Changed my life."

Dave2222 July 27, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I was diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome at the age of fifteen; I've suffered with this for five years taking laxatives, fleet enemas, suppositions. I was recently put on Linzess to help with the pain and discomfort of it all. I have followed the directions and waited thirty minutes before eating. Linzess does work for me; however, it does cause me slight abdominal pain and diarrhea. I talked to my doctor about these side effects and he said, " They will subside within two weeks." He was right, this medication has been a total life changer for me."

Hannah Furnish (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2015

For Constipation "IBS-C taking herbs off and on for years. Started taking it in am before eating. I'm busy all day and don't eat until around 2pm- 4pm so this did nothing for me. She said to take it later with food. This caused me to interrupt my work day with a couple hour "break", Tried again in evening with food if I remembered to take it by 5pm and it was great. I would be able to go before bedtime, however take it too late, up for hours - not a pleasant experience. This May I stopped taking it, just herbs and tea now. I'm convinced it ruined my hair. I'm really small and have ADHD, so I need my vitamins and what food I eat to be absorbed into me, this stripped me of nutrients."

Heth July 23, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "I have yet to figure this medication out. I have been on it for about 15 days. I take it when I first wake up with 16 ounces of water. I always wait AT LEAST 30 minutes to eat, often much longer. Some days, I have very bad diarrhea from it and other days I have some passing cramps with no bowel movement it all. Without it, I can't really have a bowel movement on my own so this beats that but still, I wish it worked a little better. Running to the bathroom while at work, hoping I make it is not an ideal outcome. I did have the $30 co-pay card from my doctor so that helped with the cost but I think it's only good for one month."

works some days (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2015

For Constipation "Got sample from my MD and was told to take one capsule each day. On the day that I received them I took as prescribed... 30 minutes before meal. I waited exactly that 30 minutes before I had lunch and 2 hours later I was no longer constipated. No side affects with my one dose."

G eyes July 15, 2015

For Constipation, Chronic "Chronic constipation my whole life. Tried all over the counter meds over the years. After a bout of 3 full weeks straight of constipation, not one bowel movement the entire time..went to the pharmacy and bought an enema...it did nothing...the next night I went back and bought an oil based enema...that did nothing. Pharmacist advised I go to the hospital. Went to the hospital. Xray showed entire digestive system filled from the bottom to the top. No blockage though. So they gave me a drink...told me to drink it at home and I would have explosive bowel movement.....it did nothing. Went to my doctor...he gave me 290 mgs. of Linzess, finally I went for like an hour. Only diarreah toward the end. Switched to 145mgs when needed. Woohoo!"

OzzieFaith July 14, 2015