User Reviews for Linzess

Learn more about Linzess.

Constipation, Chronic 155 reviews 30 medications

7.9
Irritable Bowel Syndrome 90 reviews 137 medications

7.6
Constipation 41 reviews 244 medications

7.2
Summary of Linzess reviews 286 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Linzess

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "My experience with this medication has been absolutely horrible!! I have been taking it for 2 months, I have severe bloating, gas, and bad diarrhea. Can't even leave my home. My doctor told me to cut back to one pill every other day, and its like it has completely stopped working I have bad pain and nothing coming out! I have had ins-c for 14 years, and I just wish they could come up with something that works and that's not so harsh on your bowels! It's absolutely terrible!!!"

Anonymous April 26, 2016

Anonymous April 26, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I was born with heirschprungs disease and have fought constipation all my life and as I've gotten older, it's getting so much worse. I took Zelnorm when it was on the market and it was a dream come true. Unfortunately it was pulled for possible side effects. Duh ... what meds don't? I've used Linzess 3 times now. Yes, it cleans me out but I have horrible stomach cramps and severe diarrhea. But as others have said, it's far better than being constipated for days on end. I so wish someone would/could bring Zelnorm back. Best solution there was. Will only use Linzess on occasion."

Mostly Miserable April 19, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I have had stomach and bowel movement issues since I was 2. I have tried everything. Reflexology, acupuncture, medicines and drank mineral oil for 10 years. I took one 145 mg pill and in 6 hours I actually had a bowel movement and several more to follow in the next 6 hours. I weighed myself the next day and I had lost 3 pounds. It does have some not so great side effects but I am happy that I can go. I don't take it everyday because it is too much for me I can't sit on the toilet all day but I do take it every other day it's working for me!!"

Jonie Jo (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2016

For Constipation "I been taking Linzess going to be a month. It hasn't work on me, just gives me more Ga.s No it doesn't make me go to bathroom "Sad Momy""

No Happy April 10, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I went to a GI specialist last week, assuming I had some serious issues other than constipation. However, it was just that- chronic constipation. The doctor gave me samples of Linzess and I started it at 10am on an empty stomach. I had a bowl of oatmeal about half an hour later. Then, 20-30 minutes after I had eaten I had the urge to use the rest room and for the first time in years, without the help of several laxitives, I expelled. Three times within a two hour time frame. I don't mind the diarrhea, because it was much worse not being able to go. But it is scary knowing you have to pass gas and not knowing if you might accidentally crap yourself."

Anon2d2 April 10, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I guess my experience is unique in that I am an eating disorder survivor and my chronic constipation originated from purging (forcing myself to vomit &/or take huge quantities of various kinds of laxatives) for many years... I have been taking Linzess for about 16 months now. I would say it took 3-4 months for it to actually start working for me, but when it did, it seriously changed my life for the better. However, lately it has not really been working at all, which is extremely anxiety-provoking and concerning, as it took me forever to find a solution to my problem...and now I might have to start looking for another."

anonymous c (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 8, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "Like many others, I had high hopes. After year of stool softeners, laxatives, exercise, water, high fiber, etc. with a bowel movement 1 or 2 times/week and rarely feeling like I was 'empty' I got a 30 day RX filled (my ins paid). I didn't experience anything for a couple of days, then a few soft stools. As the days went on, I would have an occasional bowl movement but I started having horrible gas! I tied to stick with it since I figured it would just take time to regulate everything so I refilled RX. Well, today is MY LAST DAY TAKING LINZESS!! I have been more bloated today than ever in my life, I have pain from my sternum to my pelvis my abdomen is so distended. Gained 4lbs in 6 days!! MIS.ER.A.BLE!!!!!!"

TobiasJackson (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I took one pill that gave me a terrible stomach ache that lasted three days."

Hugh Borgia April 6, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have been taking Linzess for the past 2 months. I love it!! I do not suffer from IBS or constipation anymore. I take as directed and works perfectly. I must note that I have to take hydrochlorothiazide for high blood pressure. The Linzess did not work when I took the diuretic. I drank and drank water and all it did was make me pee. I have noticed less bloating and water retension since I took the Linzess. I try not to take the diuretic unless I need it. The Linzess has given me a better quality of life!! Love it!!!"

Chivi April 5, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I took a 145mcg dose yestersay morning at 8am on an empty stomach and ate 1 hour later. I still haven't gone to the bathroom, nothin at all but stomach gurgles. I just had a ct scan on Wednesday and X-ray showing I was completely backed up. I tried an enema at home Thursday and miralax and probiotics and that didn't help either. I am on opiod medication and have been experiencing chronic constipation for years now. My husband however experiences temporary constipation and took the same medication yesterday morning and within hours he had diarrhea and his stomach has been hurting allday. I was worried about starting this after reading all the bad reviews especially about weight gain. I can see it works different for everyone. I will try again"

Arae29 April 2, 2016

For Constipation "I've only been on this med about one week, but it worked immediately. My intestinal motility was vastly improved, I had no cramps, stomach pains or discomfort. The only side effects I've experience is diarrhea with some urgency, and a SLIGHT increase in gas but with no bloating. I haven't taken any of the significant amount of laxatives I've had to take in the past, the Lizness is all I've had to take. I'm hoping that overtime the urgency for the diarrhea will adjust (I don't mind the diarrhea itself, it's far preferable to the uncomfortable constipation!)"

ceezbabe (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I have had severe consitpation for years, after having children. However, I have always had a problem w/ constipation since child hood. I tried everything I could over the counter and several different meds from Dr's from all over the US. (traveling military).. Finally I have tried Linzess. I have had good/ bad experiences with it. On the first 3 days I took it, it was great. I took it on an empty stomach 30 mins before breakfast or coffee. Then I felt that I had no more to poop, so I didn't take it again for 2-3 days. I took it as directed again; nothing happened all day, but I had severe stomach cramps/heartburn for over 24 hours. NOTHING will stop this pain. I've read that taking it at night before bed can help. Im going to try this too"

LinzessUser (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I was nervouse taking this at first, always have been afraid to take laxatives. After about 2-3 weeks now I've noticed that for the first 12 hours or so after taking Linzess, I have no appetite and very loose BM almost to the point of diarrhea. After that 12 hour window, I'm right back to constipated and in pain from the stomach/intestine cramps. Need to contact the Dr to see what to do now."

Jay488 March 23, 2016

For Constipation "I have no opinion on linzess as a patient - never used it, never needed to. I just have a giant problem with your ads on TV. You have, arguably, the lamest, most boring and most unimaginative ads. Do you not have any form of supervision/editing/oversight? I mean, you don't needed to be computer savvy to better what you have on TV; literally anything with some form of imagination would be better. Please."

Jay_ March 18, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I have dealt with chronic constipation all my life. No matter how I change my diet, no matte how much I work out to keep things moving I still get constipated. I can go weeks at a time with no BM and sometimes a whole month. I know this is definitely not normal. My doctor has done 3 colonoscopies and can't seem to find anything wrong. About 3 months ago I went in with severe constipation and nothing I took helped. He gave me samples of Linzess, I was afraid to take them at first but I was so miserable I said what the heck, better out than in. I took the Linzess and within 4 hours I was in the restroom. I still had to do just a little lite pushing since the stool that was already in the rectal area was hard as a brick. I Love Linzess"

Ms. Tee3636 March 10, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "This medicine only worked in the beginning. In the beginning it made me go like two to three times a week. My doc increased the dosage to 290mg and I am miserable!! With the 29g I am completely unable to go and extremely bloated and gassy. I look pregnant!! It is si depressing not being able to go."

Esia (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 9, 2016

For Constipation "I think I just worry to much after reading other peoples experiences! But after one constipation experience I started to worry even more! I had a 2 cup of blood BM! I'm 82 and wish for a short-cut! Seems all Laxative Meds do what they want to! I wish I had been accepting that fact sooner!"

franzy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2016

For Constipation "Linzess has completely changed my life. I am a 28 yr old male who was constantly living with bloatedness and constipation. I would have very irregular bowel movements (once every 2 to 3 days on average) and was not getting enough sleep due to having a constant "dull" pain in my gut. I tried everything from cleanses, fiber, a cleaner diet, and also another drug (amitiza) for help. Nothing was working long term and I still felt drained of my energy. My doctor wrote me a prescription for Linzess (145mcg dose) and after day 1 I no longer felt bloated and after about a week my energy level was completely restored.I feel like a completely new person. Some minor diarrhea if taken later in the day. Nothing major though, no other side effects."

Joshua Males (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I was prescribed Linzess for chronic constipation which I have been dealing with for years. I was prescribed 145 Mg. The first day I took one it worked great. I continued taking them every day as prescribed but they weren't working. I read that there is a larger Mg so when I hadn't gone to the bathroom for a week I took 2. BIG MISTAKE!! It started with horrible stomach pains which continued for 13 hours without being able to have a bowel movement. I was also vomiting. I had horrible heartburn too. I finally was able to go without warning all over the place. I had severe diarrhea for 5 hours. I mean severe!! Its been 2 days and I still don't feel well.I will go back to taking 1 and see what happens."

Teri1960 March 2, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I have had chronic constipation for 15 to 20 years. My Dr. gave this to me today. I took it and within 4 hours I had a BM..... WOW....to go to the restroom and not strain is amazing to me."

Hope is here (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2016

For Constipation, Chronic "I have had chronic constipation since I was a baby! I remember having to take suppositories as a kid, not going to the bathroom for 2-3 weeks and getting very ill and needing an emema. I took Zelnorm for a few months before it was pulled from the market, that was an amazing drug. It made me feel wonderful and I would empty completely every day. I always have 8 enemas under my sink at all times. My GI doctor doesn't like that I take them but if I don't I will be in the hospital! I took Linzess this morning at 6 am on an empty stomach, waited about 1 1/2 hours before I ate breakfast, 2 pm I ate a light lunch and I have yet to have a bowel movement. Well, today is day one. I will come back and update this or add a new note tomorrow."

JerseyCityDude (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have been taking this medication for 8 months now and I have to say that even though it gives me diarrhea and I'm stuck to the bathroom for a little bit of time in the morning, it's much better than dealing with the absolute intense pain and constipation I have had for 20 years. I think Linzess has this interesting side effect that is difficult to deal with sometimes but for me it is well worth it thank God for linzess."

Trinat February 26, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have ibs w/ constipation. been taking the 145 mg for about 3-4 months. The first two weeks I was on linzess, it didn't help me at all. So my doctor told me to take double dose.(found out i had a blockage, which the double dose with miralax on top got rid of) I got diarrhea for about a week, then went to have 1 regular bowel movement almost every morning after the pill. I was feeling better than ever. It did give me headaches, and distension though for about a week. After about 2 weeks on double dose, I went back down to a single dose. Everything was still going smoothly. Until about 2 weeks ago I've been getting urgent diarrhea everyday for about 6 hours after taking the pill. And ocassionally getting stomach pain and nausea again (which is why I started)"

khdndmsmxjf February 25, 2016

For Constipation "I am a 87 yr old with increasing diarrhea for the last few years. I Was diagnosed about a year ago with possible IBS. Dr. gave Rx for Lenzess which caused severe diarrhea. So only took occasionally then began taking regularly about 6 months ago as prescribed. Had response within an hour With diarrhea 6 to 8 episodes For next 3 to 4 hours. It seems to work fine, but did not produce a normal BM. Because the diarrhea every day was so disruptive.The Dr.changed the Rx to every other day and still had good results. Changed time Rx taken to 30 min b4 the evening meal . Rx seem take longer to work but is a lot less disruptive to my day.Things may never return to normal, but they are a lot better with Lenzess!"

Jrb1928 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 20, 2016