User Reviews for MiraLax

Learn more about MiraLax.

Constipation 67 reviews 244 medications

8.8
Constipation, Acute 9 reviews 33 medications

8.7
Bowel Preparation 4 reviews 114 medications

4.2
Summary of MiraLax reviews 80 reviews 7.2

Reviews for MiraLax

For Constipation "I hadn't had a "satisfying" bowel movement for weeks. Just a little bit here and there. I weight lift and monitor my calories and weight so I knew the constipation was getting serious when my weight was up by at least 5 lbs despite being on a "cutting" diet. I took miralax over two days (two doses total )- and wow, it really worked. Once I went to the bathroom, it was like a floodgate opened (sorry for the graphic description). But it came out firm yet soft. I had no painful urgency or side effects, just a natural urge to go. The only negative side effect I had was painless gas. Lots of it. But totally worth getting back to a regular state. I'm going to keep taking this for a few more days just to make sure I get back to regularity."

JGizzle May 8, 2016

For Constipation, Acute "I hadn't had a bowel movement in a few days so I mixed some of this into my apple juice and within 3 minutes I was in the bathroom. It works really well but it wouldn't stop coming out.....I feel less blocked up though so if you feel blocked, definitley try it"

Poop queen (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2016

For Constipation "Had to take a higher dosage for a few day's before it started working. It is working great now. Really easy to take."

Champ1956 March 10, 2016

For Constipation "It actually works really well for me. Especially when I was an opiates user and didn't take any laxatives my stools were so hard and big that I would resist going as long as I could because I was so afraid of the pain. On average I wouldn't go for 2 to 3 weeks and there was once I didn't go for 2 months and had to go to the er. I'm now taking a medicine to get off opiates called methodone and my bowel movements aren't nearly as painful but still give me problems. After taking miralax my bowels motions would come out with absolutely no pain but if you don't do it everyday it will keep happening"

Zzvvv March 1, 2016

For Constipation "I had to go to the ER due to horrible stomach pains and was told I was 'plugged up' and needed laxatives. The ER doctor prescribed me Miralax and so far it's done nothing. Literally. It's been the three days they speak of on the back of the bottle, and I still can't go properly. I've been guzzling water like crazy, and not only does that make me nauseous (plain water is so freaking gross) and apple juice. I was told by the ER doc to take it once a day, then I called an gastroenterologist and she told me to take it at least 4 times a day. We'll see, but so far this product has done nothing for me."

ButtHurt (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2016

For Constipation "I have IBS-C and over the years, have tried just about every laxative out there. My doctor prescribed me Miralax in 2008 and I took it daily until 2014. This is a very gentle laxative that can take several days to work. It's completely flavorless. The only side effects I noticed were minor bloating and gas. Eventually, my body got used to it and Miralax stopped working. But for six years, it was painless, dependable therapy that I was grateful to have."

Serene Celine (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 5, 2016

For Constipation "Awesome! Works great! Stop waiting and go to the store. This product is a lifesaver. Works without getting gas, cramps. Tastes like water. Simply the best! "

Jason Covey (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2016

For Constipation "I am constipated due to 6 auto-immune diseases and all the medications I have to take. It was first time I ever needed this type of medication. I have a high tolerance level but something told me to try a half dose. I can say it 100% worked and worked too well, quick too. I would make sure I have a night with the only plan is to take care of myself."

greycie (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2016

For Constipation "Be patient -- it may take a couple of days -- but you will get results. Follow the instructions and take your capful each day in a liquid drink -- I use apple juice. I absolutely cannot taste any difference. You will feel the urge and there is absolutely no straining. It is a miracle OTC remedy!"

Whosure December 4, 2015

For Constipation "My grand daughter is four she was born with a birth defect and has chronic constipation we tried prune juice when she was a baby it only worked for a little bit . Then she got sent to a G.I doctor and he said try miralax and give her a whole packet. She has been on it since she was about a year and a half and it works great for her . She will have to be on it for a while. She had to learn how to recognize her systems and when to go to the bathroom and with this medicine she is doing awesome .. I hope that she won't have to be on it for life . Thank you miralax"

Anonymous in idaho November 18, 2015

For Constipation "I'm a 24yr old that recently had back surgery. They had me on tons of medications, of course, one being a stool softener because a lot of medicine intake tends to make one constipated. Well, the stool softer that I had to take twice daily didn't work one bit. I got so bloated and had some serious stomach pains, that I finally decided to try a laxative (never having tried one before, I was alittle intimidated). Now, before injuring myself and having the surgery, my BMs were extremely regular: once a day. After that, I was rarely going. When I tried Miralax it worked within the hour of drinking it in some ginger ale! I felt SO MUCH BETTER! It makes your stomach gurgle and gives slight cramps, but worth it in the long run!"

Works Great (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2015

For Constipation, Acute "Heart medication has caused acute constipation. When I take miralax, I go get BMs, but the effect is that I am extremely gasey and each time gas passes, small amount of poop comes out. It keeps me running to the bathroom and holding gas day and night. Sometimes I get to where I cannot stand the constipation any longer and try the miralax again... same horrible results and never feel cleaned out."

ccb711 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 6, 2015

For Constipation "The product works great, however the new packaging is not user friendly. Please bring back the old bottle design and remove that plastic insert in the bottle opening that suposedly helps to pour the product,indeed it does not, its makes a huge mess while pouring. New does not always mean better"

zebbadoo September 5, 2015

For Constipation "I had miralax after a surgery last week. I took it once daily, it didn't produce a bowel movement for 6 days but when it did the stool was soft and came out without straining which is good because I had open heart surgery. I will continue to take it until I am off of the pain medication which last time I was on it caused a horrendously painful softball size poop."

StephXD (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2015

For Constipation "I have Small Cell Cervical Cancer, a very rare cancer with an aggressive form of treatment. I had to undergo an intense amount of chemo and radiation therapy which was aimed directly at my bowels due to the field of treatment. This being said I had a lot of cells that died off in my GI tract with all treatments. I also developed an internal hemorrhoid that literally has been HELL for the last 3/4 months. Miralax has been the ONLY thing to help cure this dreadful pain during bowel movements and keeps them coming loosely every morning! This is a hugely successful. Anyone who has ever suffered from hemorrhoids during cancer treatment to that area (impossible for it to heal & miralax made it possible!) THANK YOU!!"

Tough in Teal July 27, 2015

For Constipation "I've suffered from chronic constipation my entire 42 years on earth. I could easily go 3-4 weeks without having a BM. That is not healthy and certainly NOT normal. I was deployed to Africa last fall and knew I would be in a world of hurt if I didn't get something to take with me. Laxatives/stool softeners never worked so I grabbed a bottle of Miralax to try. I am so very glad I did. This product saved my life and allowed me to focus on the mission (treating Ebola infected healthcare personnel) rather than becoming a patient myself because of severe abdominal pain. I am able to have a BM several times a day now without pain or abdominal discomfort at all. My doctor has given me a prescription for it which makes it even better."

Finally! July 21, 2015

For Constipation "I hadn't had a BM in over a week and took this and I was able to go within a few hours. Not sure if it really worked or if it was just from drinking more water but I think Miralax helped a little! Will use again if needed!"

Vivian N June 26, 2015

For Constipation, Acute "I am 65 years old and suffer from diverticulitis. I ended up being hospitalized and did get better but not totally. One day I was in horrible pain and vomited. I had an impaction. The doctor gave me high doses of antibiotics and prescribed miralax. That was a few months ago. I only take as needed as the pain on the left side signals trouble. As long as I don't get constipated, thanks to miralax, I am okay. This stuff works for me. I buy Costco brand since it is cheaper."

Kathinwa (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2015

For Constipation "I was diagnosed with IBS-C and chronic constipation about two years ago. The doctor simply wrote me off with a prescription that didn't work. Tired of tons of prescriptions that didn't help me go and gave me have horrible symptoms, I ventured out on my own and drastically changed my diet but even that didn't work! Finally I tried Miralax because it was the only thing left and my doctor kept urging me to. I am so glad I did! I go two to three times a day and have normal stool. Sometimes my stool is on the runnier side or I get stomach cramps before a bowel movement but I am very happy with this product! It dissolves very well in any kind of drink. I recommend people to try it and give it about two weeks to work. Also, drink your water!"

Baxt June 4, 2015

For Constipation "From a combination of stress and a poor diet, I experienced some constipation last week. I did not have a solid bowel movement in a week. After seeing multiple ads on TV and reading reviews online, I decided to give Miralax a try. I found this drug very effective. I experienced results after just two days taking it. I would mix a pouch of Miralax in my morning fruit smoothie for twice the stimulation. Today is day 5 of my one week trial and Miralax continues to work. I am so relieved to no longer be constipated. I have a lot less abdominal discomfort as well."

J Phoenix May 4, 2015

For Constipation "It works I went to the er and I was told to take miralax and I am so glad I bought it is a good product I am so happy to be relieved!"

ILLEY February 4, 2015

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Constipation "Until about 5 years ago (when I turned 40), I very rarely had any problems with bowel movements. Then I got a toe infection which required antibiotics to clear up. It worked, but after that I started having problems with constipation. I tried more bran and fiber. It did not work. I tried eating more fruit and vegetables. It didnt work. It was getting so bad that I started get hemorrhoids that bled bright red blood when I wiped. It was scary. I had to strain and strain just to get to the bathroom. I tried prunes and prune juice, and when it did work, it gave me the runs and lots of gas and cramping. I tried magnesium, and in order for it to work, I had to take so much that it gave me the runs unexpectedly. Miralax worked for me."

Bob8 January 26, 2015

For Constipation "I had a bowel obstruction from using lasix, and not drinking enough water. I was admitted for surgery scheduled the next morning. But before the surgery I did use three small bottles under dr. Supervision in hospital, and my bowel obstruction miraculously untested! Today, four years later I am constipated from vicodin. I used miralax today...And my pains went away and I was able to go."

jennah January 14, 2015

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Constipation, Acute "I've been constipated for some time and I couldn't have a normal bowel movement, and then a friend reccomended I try Miralax because they were hospitalized and having problems, but I tried it the first day and I loved it so much that I do it once a day every day to once every couple of days. I highly reccomend this to anyone who suffers with constipation. And it also mixes in well with anything you want to drink, so it's tasteless and easy to drink."

MP28 January 12, 2015

For Constipation "I've been dealing with a chronic GI problem for about 3 months. It caused me to some times because unreliable/loose when going to the bathroom. So I went on the B.R.A.T diet for a little too long and it got me backed up pretty bad. I tried Dulcolax but it didn't do too much. My doctor decided I try the last step and take a dose of Miralax. I mixed it in a full bottle of 100% juice and all the terrible pain and bloating I had went right away a couple hours later. No cramping or anything, just mild stomach growling. This is a miracle!"

FC3 (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2014