Medication Guide App

User Reviews for MiraLax

Learn more about MiraLax.

Constipation, Acute 6 reviews 33 medications

4.2
Summary of MiraLax reviews 60 reviews 8.5

Reviews for MiraLax

Review by ILLEY:

For Constipation: It works I went to the er and I was told to take miralax and I am so glad I bought it is a good product I am so happy to be relieved!

February 4, 2015 8:24 PM

Review by Bob8:

For Constipation: Until about 5 years ago (when I turned 40), I very rarely had any problems with bowel movements. Then I got a toe infection which required antibiotics to clear up. It worked, but after that I started having problems with constipation. I tried more bran and fiber. It did not work. I tried eating more fruit and vegetables. It didnt work. It was getting so bad that I started get hemorrhoids that bled bright red blood when I wiped. It was scary. I had to strain and strain just to get to the bathroom. I tried prunes and prune juice, and when it did work, it gave me the runs and lots of gas and cramping. I tried magnesium, and in order for it to work, I had to take so much that it gave me the runs unexpectedly. Miralax worked for me.

January 26, 2015 2:38 PM

Review by jennah:

For Constipation: I had a bowel obstruction from using lasix, and not drinking enough water. I was admitted for surgery scheduled the next morning. But before the surgery I did use three small bottles under dr. Supervision in hospital, and my bowel obstruction miraculously untested! Today, four years later I am constipated from vicodin. I used miralax today...And my pains went away and I was able to go.

January 14, 2015 1:23 AM

Review by MP28:

For Constipation, Acute: I've been constipated for some time and I couldn't have a normal bowel movement, and then a friend reccomended I try Miralax because they were hospitalized and having problems, but I tried it the first day and I loved it so much that I do it once a day every day to once every couple of days. I highly reccomend this to anyone who suffers with constipation. And it also mixes in well with anything you want to drink, so it's tasteless and easy to drink.

January 12, 2015 7:46 PM

Review by FC3 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: I've been dealing with a chronic GI problem for about 3 months. It caused me to some times because unreliable/loose when going to the bathroom. So I went on the B.R.A.T diet for a little too long and it got me backed up pretty bad. I tried Dulcolax but it didn't do too much. My doctor decided I try the last step and take a dose of Miralax. I mixed it in a full bottle of 100% juice and all the terrible pain and bloating I had went right away a couple hours later. No cramping or anything, just mild stomach growling. This is a miracle!

December 30, 2014 12:09 AM

Review by Neanerz1025:

For Constipation: A few years back I was hospitalized with a bowel obstruction. Once I left the hospital, my bowel movements have been irregular. I couldn't make a movement in over 3 weeks. I was force to take stool softeners (which never worked) and Dulcalax laxatives (which did worked but I became constipated after it wore off) I went to the doctor and they suggest I try Miralax. I gave it a try, when 1 day past, it only gave me gas. 2nd day past, more gas. On the 3rd day with Miralax, I was able to have a bowel movement. I was very happy because, when I take Dulcolax I had cramps and had to have the toilet on standby all day. Miralax was a painless soft stool which relieved pressure of constipation. And I started having regular movements.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 13, 2014 2:26 PM

Review by Chrisphan (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Constipation: When taking Miralax daily it's very effective in moving your bowls. The only down side is that it takes a few days for it to start working but once it starts working you'll feel a lot better! I stopped using it because I thought I wouldn't get constipated again bad choice I got constipated it's because of the medicines I take (painkillers) anyways I recommend you take it once a day or one every other day to keep from getting constipated. Miralax works just give it time and don't miss a dose of you get severely constipated like I do!

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 6, 2014 12:08 PM

Review by IPoopedToday (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Constipation: I have gastroperesis and rarely have a bowel movement on my own. I've gone 3 weeks easily without a bowel movement. It's to the point that when I do go on my own, we know that I am severely constipated and that it HAS to come out. (Abdominal xrays continuously show I'm backed up, even after going). Miralax is not a "miracle medicine" for me. It works, but only after a few days time. However, considering that typical laxatives only cause me gas and bloating, but no relief, I can't really complain. Magnesium citrate, Linzess, Reglan, Amitiza have all failed me. This is the only relief that I can ever get.

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 9, 2014 11:01 PM

Review by jazmynj81:

For Constipation: I was prescribed Miralax in the ER. I have been in HORRIBLE pain since Tuesday. I've taken Miralax since Wednesday and haven't had a bowel motion since. This product severely constipated me. The opposite of what its supposed to do. I am STILL in pain and I was normally regular. Not anymore.

July 13, 2014 9:34 PM

Review by Ctblue57 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Constipation: Since December I've had chronic constipation and weight loss. Was taking Miralax intermittently for the months following. Twice I had to take magnesium citrate as if preparing for a colonoscopy because I couldn't go at all. Since then I took Miralax every day until June when my general practitioner doctor and gastrointestinal doctor's office recommended Linzess. I stopped Miralax, took Linzess for a week. I couldn't go for a full week! The magnesium citrate didn't help this time, so I ended up in the hospital for treatment. I asked for Miralax while I was in the hospital, they complied. I discontinued Linzess and have been back on Miralax for 2 weeks. Things are now working satisfactorily again. I will not give up Miralax again.

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 6, 2014 9:59 PM

For Constipation: My experience with Miralax was above and beyond amazing. ...unlike any other. ...after suffering from constipation all my life and after trying every single method and being hospitalized. ..and dealing with several other issues due to my constipation such as anemia, under weight. I was put on Miralax. At first I didn't want to take it because it was slow but my doctor explained to me that it's supposed to help me go to the restroom on my own and that's exactly what I've been doing for 5 years now ...(I went from having a bowel movement every three weeks to every other day and now daily on my own. I still take Miralax but only randomly)

128 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 27, 2014 8:37 PM

Review by Serene Celine (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Constipation: I have had very painful Irritable Bowel Syndrome-Constipation for most of my life and have gone as long as three weeks without a bowel movement. It hasn't responded to changes in diet, exercise regimens, or fiber supplements. (In fact, the fiber made it much worse!) Other laxatives either don't work or wring me out for days. My doctor prescribed Miralax in 2008 and I have taken it daily ever since with no problem. I still don't go every day, but when I do go the stool is soft, and the motion is easy and painless. I expect to take Miralax forever, and have no problem doing so. It's a beneficial, versatile medication that's definitely worth a shot if you're battling constipation.

147 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 18, 2014 6:51 PM

Review by ShirlDBP:

For Constipation: I have had Irritable Bowel Syndrome-chronic constipation since 2001. I have been to hell and back. Been in the hospital SEVERAL times for being so "backed up". I have been on several different meds and OTC things for constipation. My gastro doc finally told me one of the reasons I suffer gas (can't burp) is because of being backed up. She put me on Miralax LONG term. I take it once a day. If you suffer or know anyone that does get on Miralax and never be without it.

167 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 24, 2014 6:41 PM

For Constipation: I was diagnosed with colonic inertia and was scheduled for surgery to have my colon removed and the small intestines attached to the rectum due to chronic constipation. I could not have a bowel motion without the use of an enema and was hospitalized several times due to impactions. The last time I was hospitalized I was given Miralax and since then I have had no problems with constipation. I take it once a day or once every 2 days and it has worked wonders for me I am able to have a bowel motion almost every day with no problems. I have experienced no side effects at all. Since it has been working I have decided to opt out of the surgery, it has been so wonderful to feel normal again. I have been so relieved in not having to worry about painful bowel motions, it's great.

159 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2014 9:01 AM

Review by aspiesmom60 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: My son's gastroenterologist prescribed Miralax for him stating that it would help with the discomfort caused by his extreme gasiness caused by his Aspergers syndrome, it however about a half hour after taking it caused him to have SEVERE gas pains and he "Tooted" about 60 times before his belly felt better.

December 31, 2013 11:51 AM

Review by Babe! (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Constipation: Works Great... No abdominal pain, will recomend to friends

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 10, 2013 3:29 AM

Review by Feelingbetternow:

For Constipation: FINALLY! My whole life I've had a problem going number 2 so much so I would only go 2-3 times the entire month. These past few months however things took a turn for the worse. My poop became severely impacted. I would push and push for hours only to get a pea sized amount out. I couldn't sleep because I could feel the pain and pressure there. It was bad. I tried liquid laxatives you drink and they did the trick but the second they wore off the constipation and pain was back. Then I heard about Miralax and had my fianc

October 15, 2013 11:38 AM

Review by CushMJ78:

For Constipation, Acute: I suffer from Syringomyelia. This is a condition that severely effects your Nervous System. The stools that my Digestive Process produces kind of changes from day to day. Since I am already on a Whole Foods Diet without any Dairy or Wheat products sometimes I'm Regular. Other times my stool will either be too hard to get out and thus will stay stuck inside of me for a few days resulting in terrible gas/bloating. Other times my Stool will be completely liquid and yet because my Nervous System is not responding correctly I just can't flush it out of my Intestines. Whenever my Bowels are not functioning correctly all I need is a small dose of Miralax in a Cup of Water and within 20 minutes I'm able to go no problem. Highly recommended.

September 10, 2013 10:15 AM

Review by 505nm:

For Constipation: My daughter has been taking Miralax since she was 5. Prior to starting the Miralax regimen, my daughter would suffer from daily stomach pain. She was finally diagnosed with a chronic constipation problem and put on Miralax. She has been using it for four years now and very rarely complains anymore (if at all). You may have to play with dosage from time to time. She started on a heavy dose and we were then able to taper down to a much smaller one. We are happy with how it has helped her. Of course, we would love it if she didn't have to use anything at all! But we are very grateful to have something that helps her so much. She doesn't have any side effects from it--that is another positive about this product. Give Miralax a try.

123 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 30, 2013 2:15 PM

Review by AF91:

For Constipation: I had a partial bowel obstruction and could not go. I tried several other laxatives, stool softener, prune juice, enema, fiber gimmes, everything I could think of and nothing worked! I could only poop water. I tired Miralax and within 2 days the obstruction started breaking down and within 1 week I started pooping normal! I was scared I was going to have surgery. I highly recommend this product.

July 18, 2013 1:35 PM

Review by old man 2 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Constipation: I've had constipation problems for years. It runs in my family. About ten years ago I had to have major hemorrhoid surgery, both internal and external, and things have been going downhill since. After having kidney stones and the doctor could not see them on X-rays because of impaction in my intestines my urologist suggested Miralax. I had taken Ducolax, two different types of laxatives but was made sick each time because both produced violent reactions but both worked well. Miralax was the answer. A miracle.

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 12, 2013 4:14 PM

Review by nanbot3000 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Constipation: I have taken Miralax since I was 3 years old due to a medical condition. The product does what it should, but after about 3 years it acquired a flavor that I can't stand. I mix it with other drinks and over time it ruins those drinks for me also. If you can get past the flavor it is a miracle product.

May 1, 2013 2:21 PM

Review by ljeann:

For Constipation, Acute: I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome with constipation. Before taking Miralax, I would go days without a bowel movement. Nothing but misery. After talking with my doctor about Miralax she suggested that I take it everyday for one year. Upon doing so, I had a bowel movement and sometimes several everyday. I got to the point that I sometimes was losing control so started cutting back on how many days I took Miralax. I now take it 2-3 times a week, usually have a bowel movement daily and have control of the situation.

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 18, 2013 8:49 AM

Review by RJ821 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Constipation: I've been taking MiraLax, as my mom tells me, ever since I switched to formula. I'm not a good eater so I'm always constipated. However, MiraLax works pretty much all the time. It would get a 10 except that it failed today. I took my usual dosage and I was still constipated. I guess it's because I've been taking it my entire life.

February 6, 2013 9:21 PM

Review by NONE74:

For Constipation: I couldn't go and now I can. This says it all.

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 14, 2013 3:08 PM