User Reviews for MiraLax

Learn more about MiraLax.

Constipation, Acute 5 reviews 32 medications

Constipation 39 reviews 236 medications

8.7
Bowel Preparation 4 reviews 112 medications

4.2
Summary of MiraLax reviews 48 reviews 8.5

Reviews for MiraLax

Review by ShirlDBP: User Rating:

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: I have had Irritable Bowel Syndrome-chronic constipation since 2001. I have been to hell and back. Been in the hospital SEVERAL times for being so "backed up". I have been on several different meds and OTC things for constipation. My gastro doc finally told me one of the reasons I suffer gas (can't burp) is because of being backed up. She put me on Miralax LONG term. I take it once a day. If you suffer or know anyone that does get on Miralax and never be without it.

February 24, 2014 6:41 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: I was diagnosed with colonic inertia and was scheduled for surgery to have my colon removed and the small intestines attached to the rectum due to chronic constipation. I could not have a bowel motion without the use of an enema and was hospitalized several times due to impactions. The last time I was hospitalized I was given Miralax and since then I have had no problems with constipation. I take it once a day or once every 2 days and it has worked wonders for me I am able to have a bowel motion almost every day with no problems. I have experienced no side effects at all. Since it has been working I have decided to opt out of the surgery, it has been so wonderful to feel normal again. I have been so relieved in not having to worry about painful bowel motions, it's great.

February 13, 2014 9:01 AM
Review by aspiesmom60 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Bowel Preparation: My son's gastroenterologist prescribed Miralax for him stating that it would help with the discomfort caused by his extreme gasiness caused by his Aspergers syndrome, it however about a half hour after taking it caused him to have SEVERE gas pains and he "Tooted" about 60 times before his belly felt better.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 31, 2013 11:51 AM
Review by Babe! (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: Works Great... No abdominal pain, will recomend to friends

November 10, 2013 3:29 AM
Review by Feelingbetternow: User Rating:

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: FINALLY! My whole life I've had a problem going number 2 so much so I would only go 2-3 times the entire month. These past few months however things took a turn for the worse. My poop became severely impacted. I would push and push for hours only to get a pea sized amount out. I couldn't sleep because I could feel the pain and pressure there. It was bad. I tried liquid laxatives you drink and they did the trick but the second they wore off the constipation and pain was back. Then I heard about Miralax and had my fianc

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 15, 2013 11:38 AM
Review by CushMJ78: User Rating:

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation, Acute: I suffer from Syringomyelia. This is a condition that severely effects your Nervous System. The stools that my Digestive Process produces kind of changes from day to day. Since I am already on a Whole Foods Diet without any Dairy or Wheat products sometimes I'm Regular. Other times my stool will either be too hard to get out and thus will stay stuck inside of me for a few days resulting in terrible gas/bloating. Other times my Stool will be completely liquid and yet because my Nervous System is not responding correctly I just can't flush it out of my Intestines. Whenever my Bowels are not functioning correctly all I need is a small dose of Miralax in a Cup of Water and within 20 minutes I'm able to go no problem. Highly recommended.

September 10, 2013 10:15 AM
Review by 505nm: User Rating:

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: My daughter has been taking Miralax since she was 5. Prior to starting the Miralax regimen, my daughter would suffer from daily stomach pain. She was finally diagnosed with a chronic constipation problem and put on Miralax. She has been using it for four years now and very rarely complains anymore (if at all). You may have to play with dosage from time to time. She started on a heavy dose and we were then able to taper down to a much smaller one. We are happy with how it has helped her. Of course, we would love it if she didn't have to use anything at all! But we are very grateful to have something that helps her so much. She doesn't have any side effects from it--that is another positive about this product. Give Miralax a try.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 30, 2013 2:15 PM
Review by AF91: User Rating:

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: I had a partial bowel obstruction and could not go. I tried several other laxatives, stool softener, prune juice, enema, fiber gimmes, everything I could think of and nothing worked! I could only poop water. I tired Miralax and within 2 days the obstruction started breaking down and within 1 week I started pooping normal! I was scared I was going to have surgery. I highly recommend this product.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 18, 2013 1:35 PM
Review by old man 2 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: I've had constipation problems for years. It runs in my family. About ten years ago I had to have major hemorrhoid surgery, both internal and external, and things have been going downhill since. After having kidney stones and the doctor could not see them on X-rays because of impaction in my intestines my urologist suggested Miralax. I had taken Ducolax, two different types of laxatives but was made sick each time because both produced violent reactions but both worked well. Miralax was the answer. A miracle.

July 12, 2013 4:14 PM
Review by nanbot3000 (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: I have taken Miralax since I was 3 years old due to a medical condition. The product does what it should, but after about 3 years it acquired a flavor that I can't stand. I mix it with other drinks and over time it ruins those drinks for me also. If you can get past the flavor it is a miracle product.

May 1, 2013 2:21 PM
Review by ljeann:

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation, Acute: I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome with constipation. Before taking Miralax, I would go days without a bowel movement. Nothing but misery. After talking with my doctor about Miralax she suggested that I take it everyday for one year. Upon doing so, I had a bowel movement and sometimes several everyday. I got to the point that I sometimes was losing control so started cutting back on how many days I took Miralax. I now take it 2-3 times a week, usually have a bowel movement daily and have control of the situation.

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 18, 2013 8:49 AM
Review by RJ821 (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: I've been taking MiraLax, as my mom tells me, ever since I switched to formula. I'm not a good eater so I'm always constipated. However, MiraLax works pretty much all the time. It would get a 10 except that it failed today. I took my usual dosage and I was still constipated. I guess it's because I've been taking it my entire life.

February 6, 2013 9:21 PM
Review by NONE74: User Rating:

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: I couldn't go and now I can. This says it all.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 14, 2013 3:08 PM
Review by Annakso (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: Miralax is great. First day was the only time I experienced any side effects, and that was only a headache. After that, I've been taking it every day at night in a glass of water. It doesn't taste like anything and dissolves quickly. Works great, too. I've always had constipation, but recently I was having constant pain and bleeding with every bowel movement due to a fissure, it was horrible. But now that my doctor recommended Miralax to me, I finally feel normal in that department!

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 24, 2012 1:09 AM
Review by sk_sen (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: I had been backed up for at least half a year when things went from bad to worse. The last two months, I was lucky to go once a week. My stool was so hard and big that it hurt to much to go. My doctor prescribed Miralax to me and it started to work a little. Then, she recommended I take two cap fulls in two cups of water instead of one in one. After a day or two, I went to go and it literally went from 100% bad to 100% great. I was not only able to go but it didn't hurt at all. It was so amazing to finally not be in pain that I literally cried. I would absolutely recommend this product to anyone with that kind of constipation.

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 18, 2012 10:40 PM
Review by MJ1960 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: I have used everything on the market, even changing my diet, more water, and fiber and I was still struggling. I saw Miralax at first I thought, na, just more bad tasting powder. I decided to buy it what could I lose. I am amazed. I feel so much better, an no nasty taste. I put it in my coffee, orange juice, even soda. So easy to use. Thank you for making it over the counter now.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 22, 2012 5:44 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation, Acute: Works great. No running for the toilet or staying home and waiting. Go about your business.

August 13, 2012 5:14 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: I am on my fourth day and still no bowel motion. Each time I took at night an hour before bedtime with water and it's amazing because there really isn't a taste at all. You would never know anything was added to the water. Just make sure you stir it so the water is pretty clear to keep it tasteless. I do have to say over the last 4 days I haven't had any bloating or gas.

July 9, 2012 12:59 AM
Review by jennlacole (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: I had been constipated for as long as I could remember. I would have a bowel motion maybe once every 2-3weeks. So not normal. My diet consisted of high fiber 100 oz of water a day fruits veggies but still no bowel motion. I have tried cleansers, laxatives and other products but nothing. I recently began doing colonic irrigations because I was so frustrated. My doc suggested I try Miralax. The 1st day I took some in the morning and the 2nd day I took some more. By that evening of the 2nd day I had a bowel motion. I couldn't believe it. After all this time it was Miralax that did the job. Thanks Miralax. I would recommend this to anyone.

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 16, 2012 11:27 PM
Review by Nurse X 8 yrs (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: Just had a hysterectomy last Wednesday, I have been having "very little" if at all bowel motions. I woke up this morning in excruciating abdominal pain. I took 2 doses in orange juice and I produced my first bowel motion in 1 hour! Wow! More fiber, water, ambulation and Miralax should keep me regular.

May 5, 2012 11:34 AM
Review by anti88: User Rating:

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: Works well for constipation due to Venlafaxine ER. I take Miralax every night at bedtime in hot tea, after typical day of drinking 2L water, eating an extremely high-fiber diet (veg except for fish, exclusively whole grains, cook with extra-virgin olive oil), and some walking, along with lots of tea both green and black. The Miralax helps, but still only 1 movement per day, versus 3 prior to medication. When I double the Miralax, THEN things start to approach pre-medication regularity.

April 8, 2012 7:41 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation, Acute: I recently had a laparoscopic hysterectomy. As some of you may know, anesthesia from surgery can cause the bowels to basically just stop moving. Add to this the trauma of surgery in a nearby region, combined with taking narcotics, and I was MISERABLE. It took 3 days for it to work, but when it did it was a major miracle. I did not realize constipation could be so bad you'd consider that you might DIE. Miralax not only works, but it does not give you the horrible sick cramps you get with stimulant laxatives. Just the best ever.

March 13, 2012 1:30 AM
Review by KameronMae14: User Rating:

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: I am 14 years old and was taking an anti-inflammatory medicine as well as a prescription pain killer for my kidney stone that I have. Those medicines made me constipated, and while I was at Childrens ER, my nurse practitioner prescribed me MiraLax. I was skeptical, and afraid that it would counteract with my other medications. She assured me that it would be okay. Did you know, you don't have to take it just once a day? I took 2 doses at once with 16 ounces of water, and a couple of hours later, I finally had a bowel movement. Overall this medication is really phenomenal. The only bad thing about it, is that it causes gas and nausea. Other than that, I'd say this is the best constipation reliever for all ages out there!

February 26, 2012 8:32 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: I had been struggling with constipation since I was 19 from taking Tylenol 3's for pain and had tried every laxative imaginable. I even tried colon hydrotherapy and that did nothing for me. I am now 24 and have been taking Miralax for the past month and I have never felt better. It feels great to be regular again. Prior to Miralax I was going once a week.

January 5, 2012 9:43 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: Miralax is Fantastic! I take a half dose everyday with a glass of prune juice for good measure along with a high fiber diet. No side effects at all.

November 25, 2011 11:17 PM