Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Dulcolax

Learn more about Dulcolax.

Bowel Preparation 6 reviews 113 medications

8.1
Constipation 102 reviews 239 medications

7.4
Summary of Dulcolax reviews 108 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Dulcolax

Review by Female20 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: I am 5 feet and 135 pounds. I took ONE tablet and had multiple NORMAL BMs over a 24-hour period with no cramping, nausea, or sweats. TIPS: 1) Take with ALOT of water and some food; 2) TAKE ONE at the beginning; 3) DON'T IMMEDIATELY SLEEP; 4) WAIT 24 HOURS BEFORE TAKING MORE.

April 26, 2015 1:20 AM

Review by RandomUser125:

For Constipation: I took three tablets around 9:00 at night and wen't to bed a few hours later. At 3AM, I woke up feeling sick. I hurried to the bathroom and dry heaved a few times before sitting on the toilet to try to feel better. My first BM wasn't very satisfying and I still felt like crap. I laid down again only to have to get out of bed 5 minutes later. This time, I barely made it to the toilet and had extremely bad diarrhea. I had to go again and again throughout the night. It really cleaned me out and I had a little more diarrhea at work. Explosive diarrhea isn't ideal, but I'm cleaned out!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 25, 2015 7:09 AM

Review by tasha888 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: I took one as stated on the box approximately 9pm. I have been sat on the toilet since 3 am with the most excruciating stomach cramps and worst diarrhea I have ever had.

April 16, 2015 9:54 PM

Review by thewolfofwallstreet:

Do NOT take unless without at least TWO litres of water with and after taking or you'll be in agony with cramps and nausea. I take two around 9pm and drink as much water as I can afterwards until I go to bed. They usually kick in around 2am where I will wake up and know I need to go. No messing on the toilet, once there I'm done within 10-15 of non stop 'runs'. No pain or cramps which is because of the water I've had with them. Made the mistake of taking two with just a little bit of water once and was in the worse pain I've ever felt before. Pain was worse than labour and even made me cry for it to stop (no joke). That's why it's imperative that a LOT of water is drank with and after taking these laxatives.

April 13, 2015 8:26 PM

Review by sem7:

For Constipation: After reading all the comments I was worried about trying dulcolax but after 9 days with little or no BM I gave it a go. I took 1 to begin with but nothing...no cramps either...so the next night I tried 2 but still nothing. I was worried about trying 3 so took them in the morning and continued eating but maybe the food stopped them working? A few cramps but that was it so I took 3 again last night with a large glass of water at 10pm and things started moving about 7am. No cramping or nausea and it's now 1pm and I think I'm done! I'm very healthy generally, 5 ft 5 and 119lbs and have never taken laxatives before so I think it must just be luck of the draw so don't automatically be put off from the horror stories.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 12, 2015 7:13 AM

Review by carebear1:

For Constipation: My experience was really good. I had little stomach pain. I took it at 6pm so I could drink lots of fluids till 8p. Then at 630a I went diarrhea. I just had trouble sleeping bc the constipation was no Bueno. The culprit in my stomach was gas and it was making me feel fatigue :-( I'm all better now and feeling good today. What also helped was drinking water and prune juice frequently. I believe it takes the side effects of the laxative away.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 11, 2015 12:03 PM

Review by hcbikelife (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: I've been constipated for about 5-6 days. I've never used Dulcolax before so I took only 1 at 10pm at around 6 am I had to go...I feel very relieved and no pain or cramps :-) If you never used this before and you don't know how your body will react, take only 1 first! Very happy with this product !!!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 11, 2015 5:08 AM

For Constipation: This stuff hurts. I took three like an idiot, at around 9:30 last night. It's sometime before seven in the morning, and I'm going that's for sure, but my stomach is in my throat!! The cramps are horrid, and I want to vomit.

April 5, 2015 5:49 AM

Review by RachelLowes98:

For Constipation: So I have struggled with constipation since I was 14. I'm 17 now. When I was 14 I was given laxatives from my doctor but they were disgusting so I couldn't drink. Over the years I suffered in silence. I was to embarrassed to tell anyone. This week I tried dulcolax. I bought it from asda and in the first night I took 1. Nothing all night but during the day I had stomach cramps (mild). Finally I had a small stool. It Was painful like usual but not as much. Last nigh I took another. And I passed a larger stool. I'm a bit worried from reading bad reviews so I don't want to push to two pills so I'm going to stick to one tonight and hopefully I get back to a good rhythm. It's worked so far though so I recommend!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 4, 2015 9:08 PM

Review by mittens4kittens (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: Got the 5mg tablet, have only used stool softeners before but lactulose wasn't doing much this time. Dulcolax was great! I took 1 pill at 8.45pm, managed a small healthy bowel movement at 1 in the morning before I went to sleep and like clockwork I was up by 8.45am to do another! It was a little softer than usual but nothing dreadful, I felt all empty, no cramps or horror stories. I did prepare myself for the worst and had lots of fibre-y vegetable soup for dinner and kept hydrated, but I kept needing to pee a lot so got a little dehydrated and did wake up with mild cold sweats, nothing unmanageable. 100% will use again if I really need too.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 4, 2015 5:12 AM

Review by dy0911:

For Constipation: Had been struggling for about a week to go regularly so I decided to try something new. I took 3 pills @10pm with a 16oz bottle of water and woke up @3am with horrible cramping that lasted about 3hrs but overall it got the job done. I would definitely recommend this just not the dosage I would start with one....good luck

March 29, 2015 9:45 AM

Review by Arie988383:

For Bowel Preparation: I took it and I just feel awful pain and like my back is in pain and I just wanted to throw up but the pain was so intense I couldn't breathe.

March 25, 2015 9:16 PM

Review by Not Happy310:

For Constipation: This is the second time I've used Dulcolax. The box says you will get a bowel movement in 6-12 hours. I took 2 pills both instances on both times nothing happened until almost 20 hours later.

March 20, 2015 11:36 AM

Review by Satisfaction:

For Constipation: This was my first time taking a laxative. I took two 5mg tablets at noon yesterday. After I took the tablets I decided to read the reviews and needless to say I was horrified by the talk of cramps, vomiting, and long-lasting effects. However, it worked wonderfully for me. About an hour after I took the tablets, I had a regular BM. Then after work around 6 I had a watery BM. I had two more watery BMs before I went to bed. I could feel my guts moving, but no cramping. The only "nausea" I felt was the same kind you get when you have diarrhea. I was very satisfied and will definitely take again.

March 11, 2015 7:29 AM

Review by no more love:

For Constipation: I use a pill form it said to take 3 for my age. I did so, did around at 7 pm. It did not work until the next day at 8 am I woke up feeling like I have to poop but I actually vomited everything I ate the night before I got the shakes n fainted for a few seconds. Now its later I. The day n I'm doing diarrhea but now there blood I assume...still feel constipated

March 10, 2015 7:21 PM

Review by Constipation (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Constipation: I had constipation, bloating, chest pains, and gastritis for a few days causing agonizing pain, I took one and amazing it cleaned my entire digestive system, bloating, chest pains, and gastritis cramps stopped. What a blessing.

March 7, 2015 6:39 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: I had been constipated for days due to my medications. I took 2 pills and was able to move a bowel with no pain.

March 1, 2015 2:00 PM

Review by kpt (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Constipation: I take Dulcolax when I feel like my bowel system is playing up. Or to avoid serious constipation. I usually take it with a glass of water. But it doesn't help with the cramps, ever. It wakes me up at 6 am if 1 pill is taken between 10 p.m to 11 p.m. Cramps are top bad but the relief is great. Works almost every time for me.

February 28, 2015 12:40 AM

For Constipation: I have always had constipation I am now pregnant I haven't been to the bathroom over 2 weeks I took one pill 5:30 pm I woke up with serve cramps and vomiting I mean very painful about 5:00am I use the bathroom like I never have before this pill is awesome !!!!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 25, 2015 1:01 PM

Review by Jjisjusttoniceb (taken for 10 years or more):

For Constipation: This pill is just simplest Amazing. I have severe to moderate constipation. Three pills alway does the trick for me. Although you may experience pain cramps. But out other than that this pill is a lifesavior

February 19, 2015 8:23 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: I cannot describe the amount of excruciating pain this medicine causes. Nothing I say will describe the feeling. Do not take this. You will most definitely be in pain. First I was woken up by severe nausea and that last about an hour before raging event came. All night long! Back and forth to the bathroom. I would think there's no way I have anything left in me and bam there I am on the toilet again! To say it works is an understatement.

February 18, 2015 6:24 AM

Review by On vacation (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: I've had some constipation issues this last month. I thought I was over them. By his weekend on vacation I wasn't feeling well and then spent a night with cramps and passing a 1/2 teaspoon of diarrhea at a time. In the morning I took a gasx and one ducolax pill and drank some gatoraid. I then went out thinking I had six hours of so. I took three nibbles of the most incredible food and had instant cramping. After spending the whole meal time in the bathroom I lnew I had to take a cab back to the hotel asap-I could stand. The moment I got to my hotel I had a large loose bowel movement. The cramps with the ducolax were not worse than what I was suffering the the bowel obstruction/constipation. I am just so bummed that I couldn't eat.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 16, 2015 4:47 PM

Review by L.A.26 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: A friend told me to take 3 pink pills of Dulcolax so I did, at 7pm I woke up at 5am with my stomach hurting bad in tears. I was throwing up a lot too. I didn't go till 8am then went all day with diarrhea. Now it had been 7 days till last night. I took 1 of the pills it did nothing I ended up having to do an enema. I did one and it did nothing I had to do 2 and then finally went 20 mins later. I guess I'll have to use 2 pink pills next time. Ohh and I did not drink water so next time I will make sure of it! Thanks hope this helps.

January 25, 2015 1:50 PM

Review by Surgery Sucks (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: I haven't had a bowel movement in about 8 or 9 days. I took two pills around midnight and woke up around 5am to a bowel movement. It helped my constipation. I went back to sleep and woke up about 7am to an immediate bowel movement. It is now 7:45am and hopefully this is over. Works great though.

January 21, 2015 7:45 AM

Review by Vale2199:

For Constipation: I haven't had a bowel movement for 2 weeks so yesterday I took two in the morning and went to the bathroom around 3pm but it didn't fully help so I also took one in the evening. Around 2am I had the most painful cramps I've experienced in my life, but then again, it did clean me out and I didn't drink water so that was a big mistake. My advice is to take 1 if it has only been less than a week and 3 for over two weeks. The cramps are pretty bearable if the bathroom is right next to you, so good luck.

January 14, 2015 2:05 PM