User Reviews for Dulcolax

Learn more about Dulcolax.

Bowel Preparation 8 reviews 114 medications

6.7
Constipation 225 reviews 229 medications

6.2
Summary of Dulcolax reviews 233 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Dulcolax

For Constipation "The first time I took this medication I was severely constipated and was recommended this by a doctor. I woke up the morning after taking two pills with diarrhea all day. It cleaned my system out pretty good and overall I thought it worked great. I was constipated again a short time later so I decided to take a dulcolax pill again. I woke up at 5:00 am with the worst stomach pain I've ever experienced. My face turned white as a ghost and I could barely make it to my parents bedroom. I fainted on the way there and couldn't stand back up for 20 minutes. Finally after severe pain for another two hours I was able to fall asleep. Worst product ever. I felt like I was dying."

Abc de February 8, 2016

For Constipation "This product is strong. I mean STRONG. I only use it as a last resort when other, gentler remedies fail. I never need to take more than one pill, even though the box suggests up to 3. And I only take it if I expect to be near a bathroom for the entirety of the next day, because the laxative effect lasts about 24 hours. I make sure to drink plenty of water (or one of those sports/electrolyte drinks) to avoid dehydration. The only side effect I've noticed is chills. Many of the pink "women's laxatives" contain the exact same active ingredient as Dulcolax, so if you're avoiding one, check the labels very carefully before you buy the other."

Serene Celine (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 4, 2016

For Constipation "I took two pills, as directed, in the afternoon and by the evening I had cramping. Nothing MAJOR, but enough to keep me uncomfortable. I kept feeling like I had to go to the bathroom, but couldn't. Around 8:30 pm I finally found relief with a BM. Unfortunately, it didn't end there. I have severe runs and have gone to the bathroom several more times. It feels like my stomach acid is burning my anus. I mean, it DID the job, but at what cost? My bottom is burnt. I recommend this as your absolute last resort."

Burning Ring of Fire (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2016

For Constipation "I will never take this medication again. I took it around 9pm and woke up around 1am with some light cramping. About 15 minutes later, I was doubled over in pain. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain but the pain was so bad with this laxative that I was on the verge of vomiting/passing out. It did clear me out and I felt fine after and the next day. But the pain was so bad that it is just not worth it for me to take this again."

EMOT February 3, 2016

For Constipation "Took one pill around 1pm... 9pm severe stomach cramps and in total agony! Finally get a bm and all is well until 2am I'm back in the same position. Worst laxative I have ever used won't be using it again. The pain is excruciating."

agonyagain February 2, 2016

For Constipation "I am 18 years old having constipation from last 5 days. Took 2 tablets at around 10.30pm. I woke up at around 5.30am having pain and went to bathroom, had little hard stools then around 6.30am same little stools. Then at 7am there was sharp pain, when I was moving to bathroom I was going to faint, blackness was there in front of me. I couldn't stand on my feet. I poop my pants and my head struck the wall of my bathroom. Hearing this noise my mother came and made me sat on the floor and threw some water on my face then my senses came. I think no more trouble should come from this medicine now. I will never take this medicine in my life. This was the worst experience in my life. I advise you not to take this medicine."

Shivam Maheshwari (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2016

For Constipation "Took one pill around 2pm for constipation and a couple hours later I thought I was going to die. Very severe cramps in stomach and back worse than being in labor. Hot flashes then would get really cold. Extreme diarrhea and felt nauseous. Went on for several hours. Will never take this medicine again I'm throwing the rest away."

Anonymous January 25, 2016

For Constipation "Took 2 dulcolax at 7.30 on Friday night and was fine woke up yesterday morning and had what felt like severe gas had a bm around 10.30am feeling fine continued with my day then around 4pm I was lying on my bed with severe cramps and had to run to make it to the bathroom I have the worse bout of the runs ever it was so bad it would not stop and the pain in my anus was horrendous. This is now Sunday and I'm still feeling awful will never take this medication again"

Annonamos (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2016

For Constipation "It seems like when I do use this product all I feel is like I need to throw up and have severe stomach cramps so bad that I am almost in tears. Always have my heating pad ready when this happens."

Anonymous January 24, 2016

For Constipation "I have been constipated for a week and took two of these at 10:30pm Friday night and went straight to bed and had stomach pains all night and still am 12 hours later. I still haven't made a Bowel movement. I'd give this product a 5/10 because there was movement just not entirely the kinda I wanted. Probably won't use this product again."

Kaywa January 23, 2016

For Constipation "After the surgery to fix my Broken ankle I was in considerable pain and used Oral Morphine to deal with the it. I had stopped using it 3 days ago and this is when I developed considerable stomach cramps and constipation. I spoke with a pharmacist who recommended Dulcolax. I took 2 tablets last night at 1130pm and had the worst night sleep ever. I awoke this morning with awful nausea. All morning the same occurrence of cramps and not being able to pass a BM. I have finally passed a BM at 1430 today it was excruciatingly painful, very dry. If you take this medication expect Nausea, Cramps. Drink lots of water more than normal. I also found fresh fennel tea, sit ups and gentle abdominal massage helped."

Bisto (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2016

For Constipation "I am a pretty regular person so when I didn't have a bm for 3 days I decided to try Dulcolax overnight relief. I took it at 10:30 pm, showered, watched TV then went to bed around 1am. I woke up abruptly at 5:30am in a cold sweat with severe lower stomach pains (very sharp like my insides were being stabbed). For about 30 minutes they were on and off but I never had the urge to use the bathroom. I was able to fall back asleep from about 7:00-8:30 but then woke up again with the pain and decided I could not risk being like this at work (I can work from home if need be). I have now been doubled over in pain on the toilet with a slight urge to go but nothing happening other than stomach pain and some gas. I will never be using this again."

Don't go to work (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2016

For Constipation "I honestly got to say after reading the reviews on this I was scared because I was in the ER and the doctor gave me two for Constipation. I also suffer with IBS I was not able to go for two weeks . I took senekot and nothing happened. So I couldn't bare the pain of being constipated . I took the two Bisacodyl he gave me in the emergency room . I took them around 2:30 pm and they kicked in around 7am . I never suffered any problems like the many reviews I read . Yes I had some nausea , I would rather have nausea then the pains I do suffer from IBS . I think the trick to this medication is to take on an empty stomach and drink plenty of water and I mean plenty . I went to the bathroom and I feel like myself again . I would take this again :)"

Flower38 January 17, 2016

For Constipation "I took one pill at 2:50 am on a Saturday morning. By 4:10 am made my first bowel movement Feeling a little nauseous. Plus stomach cramping and burning in my butt as I was making the movement"

kitty50 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2016

For Constipation "Severe stomach pain and discomfort will never use again."

putsi January 10, 2016

For Constipation "I took 3 tablets around 9:30am (Saturday with nowhere to go). I was severely constipated - about 3 weeks without bm. At 1 pm it started working with no side effects what so ever. I was shocked because I read all the other reviews how horrible it is. I think it really depends on your body. I think this is good for those that are severely constipated and don't know what else to do. This worked for me after linzess, miralax, senna, lactulose, you name it, did not work."

ibscinneed January 9, 2016

For Constipation "I have taken ducolax pink 3 times in my life, and my first experience was terrible. I took 3 pills not knowing how strong they were and I'll just say I had a terrible night. Cramps were awful, up and down all night going to the bathroom, cold sweats and everything. The second time I took it I only took 2 pills and it was the same I swore I'd never take them again until recently I was constipated terribly. I knew the side effects so I took 1 pill about 8:30 last night and after I did I drank about 4 glasses of water. It's now 5:30 and believe it or not I have not had diarrhea like I have had every other time, cramps are not bad this time and no sweats. I reccommend if you're going to take these only take 1!! And drink a lot of water!!"

DucolaxExperience112345 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 7, 2016

For Constipation "I've never gone more than two days without "going" so when I found myself on day 6, I knew I needed a little help because I was feeling pretty crappy (or not crappy enough?) The directions say to take 1-3 pills and called it gentle overnight relief. I took 2 pills before bed and had a nice healthy BM in the morning once I had my coffee. I thought that was all and if that had been all, I'd rate this product a 10. I went to work and had the most excruciating stomach pains and nausea all day. So much that I thought I was going to pass out. At the end of the day (yesterday) I ended up pooping my pants w/absolutely no warning in a parking lot about 20 hours after taking the pills. Today I'm still having stomach pains. Never touching this again."

Oopsie Poopsie January 6, 2016

For Constipation "I've been taking dulcolax for years now. Like everyone else I usually take two or three sometimes. Depending how badly puffy I feel that day. I also had severe abdominal pain that made me want to curl up in the fetal position. A good trick to this horrible pain is having an ice pack handy in your fridge. The moment I wake up with this pain (even though I don't always feel it) I rush to grab my ice pack (my first time was frozen peas lol) and placed it right on my abdominal and soothed the pain down until I was able to let my bowel movement lose. I sat on the toilet with the ice pack directly in contact where I felt pain. It works for me and iIhope it will work for you. Constipation is no fun but relieve is!"

Ice packs (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 6, 2016

For Constipation "Ever had salmonella? Want to experience the symptoms on your own? Try this stuff! Seriously though, I took it around 9 pm and woke up around 3 am with severe abdominal cramping. I became extremely nauseous but decided to try and sleep it off. At 6 am I awoke and ran to the bathroom where my bowels made sounds that can only be described as something from the depths of hell. I had extreme diarrhea which lasted for fifteen minutes and the abdominal cramps continued throughout. The extreme emptying of my bowels due to diarrhea has continued, along with the cramping. I've only ever experienced this pain and diarrhea once before, when I had salmonella. I'm giving this a 5 on the rating scale because technically it does the job."

Salmonellagirl January 5, 2016

For Constipation "I took 2 of the Ducolax pills last night around 8 pm, I should have known better, as I did this about 4 years ago and ended up taking an ambulance ride to the ER, after cold sweats, horrible cramping, nausea, & horrible bleeding from the rectum. I guess I thought this time would be better. I awoke around 4:30 a.m. with horrible stomach cramping, cold sweats and a feeling that I was about to faint. I woke my fiancee to let him know that the medicine was making me very sick & please don't let me die if I passed out. (Yes, I felt that bad) Ran back and forth to restroom about 10-12 x and finally worked. I have back pain all day, like I'm in back labor and I feel sick. Never ever again!!!!"

Sick4hoursfeelslikebacklabor (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2016

For Constipation "Took 2 pills around 7 pm at night and awoke at 6 am next morning with light cramping which intensified. I had 2 normal bowel movements followed by 4 or 5 progressively looser movements. However by this time I had developed intense cramping and severe nausea. I vomited 5 times till there was only yellow bile which burned my stomach and oesphagus but I continued to dry heave with nothing coming. The nausea was severe. Worst of my life. Gas, bloating and late night cramps have continued for 2 days after taking this drug. Effective - yes gentle - not at all, and for me not worth the lingering discomfort. Will not take again."

Cramping days later (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2016

For Constipation "I took 2 pills at 6 pm right after supper and by 3:30am I woke up to excruciating abdominal pain. I went to the bathroom and could not sit upright on the toilet. I sat there for about 15 mins and had a bowel movement. I crawled back on the bed and almost passed out. I was sweating so bad and cold chills. I'm jerking all my clothes off laying naked. I was hurting so bad. I moaned and rolled on the bed from the pain. It's 7:35pm the next day, been over 24 hours since taking the medicine and I'm still cramping. I've had 6 bowel movements so far. I thought maybe my body just couldn't handle laxatives but reading other reviews it could possibly be the product. Never again will I take a laxative."

Bcw January 3, 2016

For Constipation "Having read the reviews, I was apprehensive about taking pill however I was so bunged up, I felt I had little choice. I spoke to my partner and he agreed to take 2 pills with me. ( so we could go through it together. We took the pills around 10pm and went to bed. I drank plenty of water as suggested. I woke up around 7am to mild cramping and I went to relieve myself. My partner then awoke after me with severe cramping. He was banging to get in the bathroom to use the toilet but I was finishing my business. The pains made him drop to the floor and he pooped his pants and on the floor. When I finally finished I came out to see him curled up on the floor in agony with poo everywhere. He was really embarrassed and will never use again"

Nickstu January 2, 2016

For Constipation "I suffer with IBS/Lazy Bowel, having not had a BM in 7 days so I resorted to buying Dulcolax as a last resort after trying countless different laxatives/dietary changes/suppositories, basically at my wits end desperate for some relief, I can honestly say I would've rather stayed constipated!! I have never been so ill in all my life, even food poisoning/stomach flu would be a welcome experience in comparison to the effects of this medication. I only took 1 tablet at 1.30pm (glad I didn't take the 'recommended dose') come after 3pm I experienced terrible nausea/vomiting, dizziness, weakness, muscle cramping, excruciating stomach cramps & pains, generally feeling like I was about to die, I kid you not, after many hours of failed attempts..."

Dookes1989 (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2015