User Reviews for Dulcolax

Learn more about Dulcolax.

Bowel Preparation 7 reviews 113 medications

7.3
Constipation 112 reviews 239 medications

7.3
Summary of Dulcolax reviews 119 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Dulcolax

For Constipation "I have been dealing with constipation on and off for a month. I had taken some stool softeners with limited success, and my mom recommended that I try Dulcolax. I took two pills at 10 PM. I started feel rumblings in my stomach around 45 minutes later, so I did some research to find out if that was normal. I saw all the negative reviews and immediately drank 32 more ounces of water on top of the 8 I had taken with the pill. I slept soundly through the night and had three bouts of diarrhea followed by a normal BM in the morning. I was completely done within one hour of waking up, and I had a normal day after that. I didn't have any cramping, sweating, nausea,etc."

Reviewer1975 May 25, 2015

For Constipation "I took the tablet as I had been constipated for around 2 weeks!!! Just over 2 hours since I had taken the tablet I felt very weak and sick, I felt as if I was about to throw up. Then the cramps started, they were horrific. Worse than anything I had ever felt before. It was as if I was getting punched from the inside (100x worse than any period pains I've experienced) and it lasted about an hour!!!! They did in the end relieve my constipation and the pains did stop but I will never take these tablets ever again, it was not worth going through all the pain."

xdxaxixsxyx (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2015

For Constipation "So I took 3 pills because I was a dummy but then I wanted to know how others felt about this product so I read you need to drink loads of water. I ended up drinking about 10 glasses of water in the 2 hours before I went to bed. I woke up around 1ish having to go badly. Nothing really happened I sat there sweating like a pig , dry heaving and wanting to vomit. I had no stomach pains though (possibly from drinking all that water) then around 4, I was back in the bathroom and I didn't sweat, dry heave or anything. It was diarrhea like but that I can handle. And I went again around 10:45am but now 3 hours later I feel fine and perfectly cleaned out."

DomKid May 18, 2015

For Constipation "I took 2 Dulcolax around 1030pm, for constipation, with a pint of water. I woke just around 4am and went to bathroom, cramping and felt like I wanted to vomit and had a slight headache. The only thing that scared me was my hands clammed shut and my feet went numb. I tried calling for my husband but my mouth seemed like it was also clamming shut. I tried to stand up but could not, cold sweat came over me. It lasted for about 20 minutes and now I am fine, good bowel movement. I might have to look for something a little gentler if I take a laxative again."

Elizabeth rugby 72 May 18, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Took one tablet at 10pm last night and I woke at 2am with the worst cramps I have ever had. Last year I gave birth without pain relief and honestly the cramps were close to the pain if had then. I was shaking, I was hot and came close to collapsing I was so weak and dizzy. Yes I did go to the toilet but I would rather be constipated than have to go through that again. It's now 8am the next day and after having hardly any sleep I still feel sick and weak"

CharleneSlendr May 17, 2015

For Constipation "So I will NEVER take dulcolax ever again!! I took the correct dose before bed and went sleep but around early hours that morning I ended up in the bathroom with agonising stomach cramps and diarrhoea. I felt awful and the pain was ridiculous! Would rather have constipation and suffer the pain of going when it happens than help it along with this stuff. Glad it's not just me who experienced this pain. I'm so nervous about taking laxatives now to the point where I'm bleeding when I go because I'm on tablets for my health problems that cause constipation however I'm too nervous to take laxatives with it."

TLC95 May 15, 2015

For Constipation "I had been constipated for 3 days . So I went to the drugstore and looked over my options for a laxative. Dulcolax said it was "gentle, overnight relief." So I decided to give it a try . The box says to take 1-3 pills, so I decided to take 2. I drank 2 glasses of water then I went to bed and awoke at 2 am with extreme stomach cramps, cold/hot flashes, and an overall sick feeling. I went to the bathroom too many times to count between the debilitating stomach cramps. Nothing about this product was "gentle" as it states on the box. I laid in bed and moaned and groaned with each cramp. 24 hours later I am still in pain! I thought I might need to go to the emergency room! I will not use this product again or recommend it to anyone! BEWARE!!"

Angry consumer May 14, 2015

For Constipation "DO NOT TAKE 3 LIKE THE BOX SAYS OR YOU WILL BE SORRY! I have never been constipated however new meds did a number on me. Read the box and I took 3 because I haven't gone on a week and I needed to go. Boy was that the biggest mistake. I had to sleep near the bathroom because my stomach was cramping but I was all popped out. Nothing left to give but my stomach feels as of I still need to go. 24hrs later my stomach is still cramping. Wish I read these comments before I tool them."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2015

For Constipation "I am 5 feet and 135 pounds. I took ONE tablet and had multiple NORMAL BMs over a 24-hour period with no cramping, nausea, or sweats. TIPS: 1) Take with ALOT of water and some food; 2) TAKE ONE at the beginning; 3) DON'T IMMEDIATELY SLEEP; 4) WAIT 24 HOURS BEFORE TAKING MORE."

Female20 (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2015

For Constipation "I took three tablets around 9:00 at night and wen't to bed a few hours later. At 3AM, I woke up feeling sick. I hurried to the bathroom and dry heaved a few times before sitting on the toilet to try to feel better. My first BM wasn't very satisfying and I still felt like crap. I laid down again only to have to get out of bed 5 minutes later. This time, I barely made it to the toilet and had extremely bad diarrhea. I had to go again and again throughout the night. It really cleaned me out and I had a little more diarrhea at work. Explosive diarrhea isn't ideal, but I'm cleaned out!"

RandomUser125 April 25, 2015

For Constipation "I took one as stated on the box approximately 9pm. I have been sat on the toilet since 3 am with the most excruciating stomach cramps and worst diarrhea I have ever had. "

tasha888 (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2015

"Do NOT take unless without at least TWO litres of water with and after taking or you'll be in agony with cramps and nausea. I take two around 9pm and drink as much water as I can afterwards until I go to bed. They usually kick in around 2am where I will wake up and know I need to go. No messing on the toilet, once there I'm done within 10-15 of non stop 'runs'. No pain or cramps which is because of the water I've had with them. Made the mistake of taking two with just a little bit of water once and was in the worse pain I've ever felt before. Pain was worse than labour and even made me cry for it to stop (no joke). That's why it's imperative that a LOT of water is drank with and after taking these laxatives."

thewolfofwallstreet April 13, 2015

For Constipation "After reading all the comments I was worried about trying dulcolax but after 9 days with little or no BM I gave it a go. I took 1 to begin with but nothing...no cramps either...so the next night I tried 2 but still nothing. I was worried about trying 3 so took them in the morning and continued eating but maybe the food stopped them working? A few cramps but that was it so I took 3 again last night with a large glass of water at 10pm and things started moving about 7am. No cramping or nausea and it's now 1pm and I think I'm done! I'm very healthy generally, 5 ft 5 and 119lbs and have never taken laxatives before so I think it must just be luck of the draw so don't automatically be put off from the horror stories."

sem7 April 12, 2015

For Constipation "My experience was really good. I had little stomach pain. I took it at 6pm so I could drink lots of fluids till 8p. Then at 630a I went diarrhea. I just had trouble sleeping bc the constipation was no Bueno. The culprit in my stomach was gas and it was making me feel fatigue :-( I'm all better now and feeling good today. What also helped was drinking water and prune juice frequently. I believe it takes the side effects of the laxative away."

carebear1 April 11, 2015

For Constipation "I've been constipated for about 5-6 days. I've never used Dulcolax before so I took only 1 at 10pm at around 6 am I had to go...I feel very relieved and no pain or cramps :-) If you never used this before and you don't know how your body will react, take only 1 first! Very happy with this product !!!"

hcbikelife (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2015

For Constipation "This stuff hurts. I took three like an idiot, at around 9:30 last night. It's sometime before seven in the morning, and I'm going that's for sure, but my stomach is in my throat!! The cramps are horrid, and I want to vomit."

Anonymous April 5, 2015

For Constipation "So I have struggled with constipation since I was 14. I'm 17 now. When I was 14 I was given laxatives from my doctor but they were disgusting so I couldn't drink. Over the years I suffered in silence. I was to embarrassed to tell anyone. This week I tried dulcolax. I bought it from asda and in the first night I took 1. Nothing all night but during the day I had stomach cramps (mild). Finally I had a small stool. It Was painful like usual but not as much. Last nigh I took another. And I passed a larger stool. I'm a bit worried from reading bad reviews so I don't want to push to two pills so I'm going to stick to one tonight and hopefully I get back to a good rhythm. It's worked so far though so I recommend!"

RachelLowes98 April 4, 2015

For Constipation "Got the 5mg tablet, have only used stool softeners before but lactulose wasn't doing much this time. Dulcolax was great! I took 1 pill at 8.45pm, managed a small healthy bowel movement at 1 in the morning before I went to sleep and like clockwork I was up by 8.45am to do another! It was a little softer than usual but nothing dreadful, I felt all empty, no cramps or horror stories. I did prepare myself for the worst and had lots of fibre-y vegetable soup for dinner and kept hydrated, but I kept needing to pee a lot so got a little dehydrated and did wake up with mild cold sweats, nothing unmanageable. 100% will use again if I really need too."

mittens4kittens (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2015

For Constipation "Had been struggling for about a week to go regularly so I decided to try something new. I took 3 pills @10pm with a 16oz bottle of water and woke up @3am with horrible cramping that lasted about 3hrs but overall it got the job done. I would definitely recommend this just not the dosage I would start with one....good luck"

dy0911 March 29, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I took it and I just feel awful pain and like my back is in pain and I just wanted to throw up but the pain was so intense I couldn't breathe."

Arie988383 March 25, 2015

For Constipation "This is the second time I've used Dulcolax. The box says you will get a bowel movement in 6-12 hours. I took 2 pills both instances on both times nothing happened until almost 20 hours later. "

Not Happy310 March 20, 2015

For Constipation "Took two of these at 8am then came on here to read reviews. Glad I did b/c it got me to drink a lot of water shortly after (3-4 500ml bottles) this is KEY to prevent cramping. I don't get backed up often but hadn't had a decent stool in about 3 days so was feeling pretty bloated. Ironically about 20 minutes after taking the pills I went and had a basically ideal poop, however didn't feel relieved and was still backed up. Expecting the worst from the reviews I waited. No cramps just stomach gurgles and diarrhea. 12 hrs later still felt constip so I took one more pill (930pm) with another 3-4 bottles of water. Woke up (430am) with a bit of gas, mild cramps and a normal urge to go. DRINK WATER. 8/10 since I had to take another pill later."

Mr. Gottago March 17, 2015

For Constipation "This was my first time taking a laxative. I took two 5mg tablets at noon yesterday. After I took the tablets I decided to read the reviews and needless to say I was horrified by the talk of cramps, vomiting, and long-lasting effects. However, it worked wonderfully for me. About an hour after I took the tablets, I had a regular BM. Then after work around 6 I had a watery BM. I had two more watery BMs before I went to bed. I could feel my guts moving, but no cramping. The only "nausea" I felt was the same kind you get when you have diarrhea. I was very satisfied and will definitely take again."

Satisfaction March 11, 2015

For Constipation "I use a pill form it said to take 3 for my age. I did so, did around at 7 pm. It did not work until the next day at 8 am I woke up feeling like I have to poop but I actually vomited everything I ate the night before I got the shakes n fainted for a few seconds. Now its later I. The day n I'm doing diarrhea but now there blood I assume...still feel constipated"

no more love March 10, 2015

For Constipation "After 2 days of constipation and feeling like I had so much pressure in my head it was going to explode, I decided to take 2 pills around 8pm, I woke up to the worst cramps around 3am and within 10 mins the "fun started" off and on for 2 hrs. after everything I felt amazing. I suggest drinking 2-3 glasses of water before and after, this will help with the cramping and dehydration"

marrbri March 9, 2015