User Reviews for Metamucil

Learn more about Metamucil.

Dietary Fiber Supplementation 2 reviews 30 medications

9.3
Constipation 2 reviews 236 medications

9.2
Irritable Bowel Syndrome 2 reviews 125 medications

Summary of Metamucil reviews 6 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Metamucil

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Constipation: I always considered eating certain foods was enough to combat constipation but have found that as I aged this was not sufficient. I decided to start using Metamucil and found this to be easy to take, tasteless and the condition has vastly improved.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 18, 2013 5:11 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Dietary Fiber Supplementation: I have struggled with Hemorrhoids and what I think is Irritable Bowl Syndrome for years. I noticed that Metamucil helped but never got myself to use it on a daily basis. Finally started using it religiously half a teaspoon in the morning and half in the evening. I got back my life is all I have to say.

May 25, 2012 5:29 AM

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Somewhat helped for a few months, but then my irritable bowel syndrome got worse. Even ER medicines didn't relieve my pain. I have been suffering for 2 years and haven't found a medicine that will help.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 9, 2012 8:28 AM

Review by rml313:

For Constipation: It works great.

January 1, 2011 1:10 PM

Review by caamodt:

For Dietary Fiber Supplementation: Started taking the product for health maintenance and it was also recommended by my internist after a colonoscopy and early signs of diverticulitis. Also my wife who is a RN nursing supervisor has used the product for years and rightfully claims it reduces bathroom "paperwork". I think the product is gentle acting and good when used regularly. and over times does what it is supposed to. I like the powdered version and think the taste is good. This product is a startng place to clean up inside out and get the benefits of more energy, better health. I also think some folks would benefit from stronger more "kick butt" once a year type colon, liver and kidney body clenzing from Dr Schultz or others, for major healing and slowing the aging process.

January 19, 2010 12:32 PM

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Metamucil works if you use it everyday. I just can't stand the taste of it.

April 16, 2009 3:56 PM