User Reviews for Senna

Also known as: Agoral, Black Draught, Dosaflex, Dr Caldwell Laxative, Ex-Lax, Ex-Lax Chocolated, Ex-Lax Gentle Nature, Ex-Lax Maximum Relief Formula, Ex-Lax Regular Strength Pills, Fletchers Castoria, Gentlax, Innerclean, Little Tummys Laxative Drops, Pedia-Lax Quick Dissolve Strips, Perdiem Overnight, ...show all 28 brand names

Learn more about Senna.

Constipation 11 reviews 223 medications

6.8
Bowel Preparation 1 reviews 113 medications

Summary of Senna reviews 12 reviews 4.9

Reviews for Senna

Senokot (senna) for Bowel Preparation: "It takes 5 of these tablets to do the same job as one small little powerful dulcolax tabs...but with far less pain."

sennygirl July 25, 2015

For Constipation: "Had an awful stomach bug which caused me surprisingly to become very constipated. I could just about manage to pass very small bowel movement but not enough to feel fully relieved. I took a senna tablet at about 11pm because i had awful stomach pain, at about 1pm i started to have the urge to go to the toilet. Senna is fabulous!"

Anonymous April 19, 2015

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I suffered constipation for the past three days because of traveling. I tried a bunch of home remedies but nothing seemed to work, and I felt extremely uncomfortable with stomach pain as well. So, I went to the nearest pharmacist and they gave me Senokot. They told me to take two Senokot tablets straight away, so I took two at 3:00 P.M. As I waited I still felt very uncomfortable. At about 10:00 P.M my stomach started to make some noises, so I assumed that the laxatives were finally kicking in. At around 12 I went to the bathroom, and finally I was able to get some bowel movement! I still had to push and all, but it did come out eventually and I was extremely happy as I felt fresh afterwards. No pain at all!"

charlotte1234 (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2014

Ex-Lax Regular Strength Pills (senna) for Constipation: "Every time I take one it causes me so much pain I feel like I'm going to double over. It's effective but painful. "

ABLR February 17, 2014

For Constipation: "This worked perfectly fine the first time; I went so much! The only complaint is cramps and bloating and just be aware that when it hits you. You gotta go. So don't be in class or a meeting, but i guess that's a given when taking laxatives. Overall good product that gets the job done."

rizzzo (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2012

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "For the second time in few months I'm getting hives an hour or so after taking this medication. First time around they were really bad. Second time as soon as I got the itching and few hives I took an antihistamine that helped with the hives."

A_S March 22, 2012

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "First day I used it- woke up at 3 am with a roaring stomach pain, sat on the toilet for about an hour with diarrhea!"

paininmytummy September 10, 2011

For Constipation: "Was up to 4 Exlax a day. Started drinking 2 cups of senna leaf tea and have not taken any Exlax, 6 days so far. A bit of stomach cramps that I didn't get with the Exlax but less expensive."

Anonymous January 17, 2011

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I used Senokot for about 2 years and it made no improvement, I was still going to the toilet around once a week and it made no effect."

Anonymous June 20, 2010

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "My doctor had prescribed Senokot 8.6mg tablets, 1x twice daily as needed to help compensate for my constipation that is commonly caused by narcotic pain relievers, such as Morphine, Methadone, oxycodone. At first it was great. I had no discoloration, no bloating, it was comfortable and gentle, almost as if it were natural. However, after about 3 months my bowels did start to become lazy and my Doctor had to give me something else in which to alternate off and on with. If while on this you notice the time between movements has increased to the point where you are "certain" it has, TELL YOUR DOCTOR! You'll just hurt yourself more the longer you wait."

At first glance... April 10, 2010

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Easy to use. No pain just gentle comfort. Excellent"

Anonymous January 26, 2010

For Constipation: "Effective but gentle, Colon-cleanse has been a reliable aid when needed."

Anonymous November 25, 2009