User Reviews for Senna

Also known as: Agoral, Black Draught, Dosaflex, Dr Caldwell Laxative, Ex-Lax, Ex-Lax Chocolated, Ex-Lax Gentle Nature, Ex-Lax Maximum Relief Formula, Ex-Lax Regular Strength Pills, Fletchers Castoria, Gentlax, Innerclean, Little Tummys Laxative Drops, Pedia-Lax Quick Dissolve Strips, Perdiem Overnight, ...show all 28 brand names

Learn more about Senna.

Constipation 9 reviews 236 medications

6.5
Bowel Preparation 0 reviews 112 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Senna reviews 9 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Senna

Review by ABLR:

Ex-Lax Regular Strength Pills (senna) for Constipation: Every time I take one it causes me so much pain I feel like I'm going to double over. It's effective but painful.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 17, 2014 3:55 PM

Review by rizzzo (taken for less than 1 month):

For Constipation: This worked perfectly fine the first time; I went so much! The only complaint is cramps and bloating and just be aware that when it hits you. You gotta go. So don't be in class or a meeting, but i guess that's a given when taking laxatives. Overall good product that gets the job done.

December 9, 2012 1:24 AM

Review by A_S:

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: For the second time in few months I'm getting hives an hour or so after taking this medication. First time around they were really bad. Second time as soon as I got the itching and few hives I took an antihistamine that helped with the hives.

March 22, 2012 10:45 AM

Review by paininmytummy:

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: First day I used it- woke up at 3 am with a roaring stomach pain, sat on the toilet for about an hour with diarrhea!

September 10, 2011 3:51 AM

For Constipation: Was up to 4 Exlax a day. Started drinking 2 cups of senna leaf tea and have not taken any Exlax, 6 days so far. A bit of stomach cramps that I didn't get with the Exlax but less expensive.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 17, 2011 7:02 PM

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: I used Senokot for about 2 years and it made no improvement, I was still going to the toilet around once a week and it made no effect.

June 20, 2010 11:26 AM

Review by At first glance...:

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: My doctor had prescribed Senokot 8.6mg tablets, 1x twice daily as needed to help compensate for my constipation that is commonly caused by narcotic pain relievers, such as Morphine, Methadone, oxycodone. At first it was great. I had no discoloration, no bloating, it was comfortable and gentle, almost as if it were natural. However, after about 3 months my bowels did start to become lazy and my Doctor had to give me something else in which to alternate off and on with. If while on this you notice the time between movements has increased to the point where you are "certain" it has, TELL YOUR DOCTOR! You'll just hurt yourself more the longer you wait.

April 10, 2010 9:45 PM

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: Easy to use. No pain just gentle comfort. Excellent

January 26, 2010 6:41 AM

For Constipation: Effective but gentle, Colon-cleanse has been a reliable aid when needed.

November 25, 2009 5:44 PM