User Reviews for Senna

Also known as: Agoral, Black Draught, Dosaflex, Dr Caldwell Laxative, Ex-Lax, Ex-Lax Chocolated, Ex-Lax Gentle Nature, Ex-Lax Maximum Relief Formula, Ex-Lax Regular Strength Pills, Fletchers Castoria, Gentlax, Innerclean, Little Tummys Laxative Drops, Pedia-Lax Quick Dissolve Strips, Perdiem Overnight, ...show all 28 brand names

Learn more about Senna.

Constipation 16 reviews 229 medications

6.4
Bowel Preparation 1 reviews 114 medications

Summary of Senna reviews 17 reviews 4.7

Reviews for Senna

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Traveling abroad and had three days of constipation. Normally I'm a daily guy. Thought my system was holding onto something bad I ate so I decided it needed a little help expelling big bad toxins. Senokot did just that and more! I took one dose at 9pm. By 3am I was on the pot with explosive diarrhea. It's 630am and I'm back on the pot writing this warning for others to heed. I have to travel at 9am. I hope this ends soon as taking Imodium is not idea either. I probably should have drank prune juice instead."

Explosive Diarrhea (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2016

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "First time it was smooth going.. second time, severe stomach cramps for 2 days, near tears, would run to bathroom and nothing..worse than the flu, lightheaded, pale face, coldsweat like I was going to pass out, and I'm home alone with a 2 yr old!!"

shellboo (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2016

For Constipation: "It was a long 3 days of food eating in the Christmas holidays. None stop eating of diversified, cultural, gourmet food, that literally hardened like cement in my intestines blocking the only safe exit passage of excessive debris. Finally took one blue pill as a desperate measure for relieving myself like a normal human being feeling like a pig. Having farted a single time three hours later, I had to take my second blue pill and hope for the best. Will get back to you with an update report as soon as a major bowel evacuation occurs."

Bethany Cole (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2016

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Took only one tablet (directions said to take 2) at 9pm after being constipated and miserable for a week. Two hours later I was doubled over with the most agonizingly painful stomach cramps I have ever experienced. Was on the toilet for 3 hours without any bowel movement, literally screaming from the pain. I honestly thought I was going to have to call 911. Finally had explosive diarrhea for the next hour. Slept on the bathroom floor and had intermittent diarrhea all night. I would rather be constipated for a month than go through that again. Second worst pain I've ever experienced (first worst was a second degree sunburn on my feet and legs)."

NoNoNoNoNo September 21, 2015

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I had a bit of constipation and it was getting uncomfortable so I decided to take 2 senekot. I probably should not have taken 2 as the next day I couldn't keep off the toilet and by the second day I had to take imodium which is the opposite because I kept having diarrhoea and it seems to be making feel really light headed. I drank lots of water. It definitely relieves constipation but way too much!! So if you are severely constipated it's worth a go."

SarahMannion92 (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2015

Senokot (senna) for Bowel Preparation: "It takes 5 of these tablets to do the same job as one small little powerful dulcolax tabs...but with far less pain."

sennygirl July 25, 2015

For Constipation: "Had an awful stomach bug which caused me surprisingly to become very constipated. I could just about manage to pass very small bowel movement but not enough to feel fully relieved. I took a senna tablet at about 11pm because i had awful stomach pain, at about 1pm i started to have the urge to go to the toilet. Senna is fabulous!"

Anonymous April 19, 2015

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I suffered constipation for the past three days because of traveling. I tried a bunch of home remedies but nothing seemed to work, and I felt extremely uncomfortable with stomach pain as well. So, I went to the nearest pharmacist and they gave me Senokot. They told me to take two Senokot tablets straight away, so I took two at 3:00 P.M. As I waited I still felt very uncomfortable. At about 10:00 P.M my stomach started to make some noises, so I assumed that the laxatives were finally kicking in. At around 12 I went to the bathroom, and finally I was able to get some bowel movement! I still had to push and all, but it did come out eventually and I was extremely happy as I felt fresh afterwards. No pain at all!"

charlotte1234 (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2014

Ex-Lax Regular Strength Pills (senna) for Constipation: "Every time I take one it causes me so much pain I feel like I'm going to double over. It's effective but painful. "

ABLR February 17, 2014

For Constipation: "This worked perfectly fine the first time; I went so much! The only complaint is cramps and bloating and just be aware that when it hits you. You gotta go. So don't be in class or a meeting, but i guess that's a given when taking laxatives. Overall good product that gets the job done."

rizzzo (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2012

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "For the second time in few months I'm getting hives an hour or so after taking this medication. First time around they were really bad. Second time as soon as I got the itching and few hives I took an antihistamine that helped with the hives."

A_S March 22, 2012

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "First day I used it- woke up at 3 am with a roaring stomach pain, sat on the toilet for about an hour with diarrhea!"

paininmytummy September 10, 2011

For Constipation: "Was up to 4 Exlax a day. Started drinking 2 cups of senna leaf tea and have not taken any Exlax, 6 days so far. A bit of stomach cramps that I didn't get with the Exlax but less expensive."

Anonymous January 17, 2011

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "I used Senokot for about 2 years and it made no improvement, I was still going to the toilet around once a week and it made no effect."

Anonymous June 20, 2010

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "My doctor had prescribed Senokot 8.6mg tablets, 1x twice daily as needed to help compensate for my constipation that is commonly caused by narcotic pain relievers, such as Morphine, Methadone, oxycodone. At first it was great. I had no discoloration, no bloating, it was comfortable and gentle, almost as if it were natural. However, after about 3 months my bowels did start to become lazy and my Doctor had to give me something else in which to alternate off and on with. If while on this you notice the time between movements has increased to the point where you are "certain" it has, TELL YOUR DOCTOR! You'll just hurt yourself more the longer you wait."

At first glance... April 10, 2010

Senokot (senna) for Constipation: "Easy to use. No pain just gentle comfort. Excellent"

Anonymous January 26, 2010

For Constipation: "Effective but gentle, Colon-cleanse has been a reliable aid when needed."

Anonymous November 25, 2009