User Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350

Also known as: ClearLax, GaviLAX, GlycoLax, HealthyLax, MiraLax, PEG3350, Purelax, SunMark ClearLax

Learn more about Polyethylene glycol 3350.

Constipation 86 reviews 244 medications

8.7
Constipation, Acute 9 reviews 33 medications

8.7
Bowel Preparation 6 reviews 114 medications

5.7
Summary of Polyethylene glycol 3350 reviews 101 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350

For Constipation: "It is effective alright, but at what cost. I have taken polyethelene glycol off and on for two years. After several weeks not taking the drug, I did so for two days and had a severe reaction: my lips are swollen and itchy, very uncomfortable. What is distressing is that the pharmacist insisted there was no down side to this drug whatsoever and I could take it indefinitely. Since then I have done more research and realize the danger of taking this drug, it is not benign and potentially destructive. I think that "side effects" are greatly minimized by doctors who spend little time even learning about the side effects of various drugs. Once prescribed we become guinea pigs."

stuckinthemiddle April 16, 2016

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation, Acute: "I hadn't had a bowel movement in a few days so I mixed some of this into my apple juice and within 3 minutes I was in the bathroom. It works really well but it wouldn't stop coming out.....I feel less blocked up though so if you feel blocked, definitley try it"

Poop queen (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2016

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "Had to take a higher dosage for a few day's before it started working. It is working great now. Really easy to take."

Champ1956 March 10, 2016

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "It actually works really well for me. Especially when I was an opiates user and didn't take any laxatives my stools were so hard and big that I would resist going as long as I could because I was so afraid of the pain. On average I wouldn't go for 2 to 3 weeks and there was once I didn't go for 2 months and had to go to the er. I'm now taking a medicine to get off opiates called methodone and my bowel movements aren't nearly as painful but still give me problems. After taking miralax my bowels motions would come out with absolutely no pain but if you don't do it everyday it will keep happening"

Zzvvv March 1, 2016

For Constipation: "I have a colostomy bag and want to regulate my bowel so it doesn't act all by itself. I take 2 capfuls each day (usually late afternoon or early evening) but regardless of the time at least before I go to bed. Within 2 hours it works and clears out the colon so I don't have much action during the day when I am out and about> Works Wonderful for my situation, with no pain or discomfort. Have had my colostomy for 18 years and have been controlling things this way for about 5 years with no ill effects."

Jeanne D (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 24, 2016

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I had to go to the ER due to horrible stomach pains and was told I was 'plugged up' and needed laxatives. The ER doctor prescribed me Miralax and so far it's done nothing. Literally. It's been the three days they speak of on the back of the bottle, and I still can't go properly. I've been guzzling water like crazy, and not only does that make me nauseous (plain water is so freaking gross) and apple juice. I was told by the ER doc to take it once a day, then I called an gastroenterologist and she told me to take it at least 4 times a day. We'll see, but so far this product has done nothing for me."

ButtHurt (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2016

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I have IBS-C and over the years, have tried just about every laxative out there. My doctor prescribed me Miralax in 2008 and I took it daily until 2014. This is a very gentle laxative that can take several days to work. It's completely flavorless. The only side effects I noticed were minor bloating and gas. Eventually, my body got used to it and Miralax stopped working. But for six years, it was painless, dependable therapy that I was grateful to have."

Serene Celine (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 5, 2016

For Constipation: "Terrible cramping, humiliating gas and gut wrenching diarrhea for two days, and still going on -- after taking only 1/2 teaspoon for 2 days. All websites fail to explain what ingredients are in this medication while warning me away from allergic reactions to the ingredients."

cornstarch (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2016

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "Awesome! Works great! Stop waiting and go to the store. This product is a lifesaver. Works without getting gas, cramps. Tastes like water. Simply the best! "

Jason Covey (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2016

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I am constipated due to 6 auto-immune diseases and all the medications I have to take. It was first time I ever needed this type of medication. I have a high tolerance level but something told me to try a half dose. I can say it 100% worked and worked too well, quick too. I would make sure I have a night with the only plan is to take care of myself."

greycie (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2016

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "Be patient -- it may take a couple of days -- but you will get results. Follow the instructions and take your capful each day in a liquid drink -- I use apple juice. I absolutely cannot taste any difference. You will feel the urge and there is absolutely no straining. It is a miracle OTC remedy!"

Whosure December 4, 2015

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "My grand daughter is four she was born with a birth defect and has chronic constipation we tried prune juice when she was a baby it only worked for a little bit . Then she got sent to a G.I doctor and he said try miralax and give her a whole packet. She has been on it since she was about a year and a half and it works great for her . She will have to be on it for a while. She had to learn how to recognize her systems and when to go to the bathroom and with this medicine she is doing awesome .. I hope that she won't have to be on it for life . Thank you miralax"

Anonymous in idaho November 18, 2015

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I'm a 24yr old that recently had back surgery. They had me on tons of medications, of course, one being a stool softener because a lot of medicine intake tends to make one constipated. Well, the stool softer that I had to take twice daily didn't work one bit. I got so bloated and had some serious stomach pains, that I finally decided to try a laxative (never having tried one before, I was alittle intimidated). Now, before injuring myself and having the surgery, my BMs were extremely regular: once a day. After that, I was rarely going. When I tried Miralax it worked within the hour of drinking it in some ginger ale! I felt SO MUCH BETTER! It makes your stomach gurgle and gives slight cramps, but worth it in the long run!"

Works Great (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2015

For Constipation: "Absolute life changer. I have used this product (brand Restoralax in Canada, Miralax in US) as have sufferred from chronic constipation which has led to muliple fissures that are extremely painful and even debilitating. After trying other products without success, I dscovered Restoralax and it has changed my life. Initially, it took about 5 days of daily use to work and now I only need to 'maintain' and take it approximately once or twice per week or every other week. Have spoken to a few Specialists as I was concerned about continued use but all were supportive of using the product."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 14, 2015

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation, Acute: "Heart medication has caused acute constipation. When I take miralax, I go get BMs, but the effect is that I am extremely gasey and each time gas passes, small amount of poop comes out. It keeps me running to the bathroom and holding gas day and night. Sometimes I get to where I cannot stand the constipation any longer and try the miralax again... same horrible results and never feel cleaned out."

ccb711 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 6, 2015

For Constipation: "Recently, I found myself to strain more and more to poo in the morning. Then one morning, I couldn't go at all. As I know that my body doesn't handle missing a bowel movement well, I started looking up remedies. I decided to start with the most gentle so I started with Colace and lots of fibre and water. I still couldn't go the following day and it was getting pretty uncomfortable so I saw a Dr and she told me to use PEG. I rushed to the drug store and took 17g at noon. Soon afterwards, my cramping got worse and worse to the point where I had to lie down to get relief. The following day, I woke up and had 17g of PEG and soon after the cramping was so bad that I was thinking of going to the ER. Two hours later, a nice bowel movement happened."

MA11 October 14, 2015

ClearLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "It works but is hard to regulate dose. I always eat a lot fruits and veg so sometimes I cut down dosage then stop going. Some others have results in a day or two, takes at least 3 to 4 days for me. Eating the way I do its hard to regulate especially having to wait for result. I really like the product, just sometime it works too good!!!"

Mhallwf (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 24, 2015

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "The product works great, however the new packaging is not user friendly. Please bring back the old bottle design and remove that plastic insert in the bottle opening that suposedly helps to pour the product,indeed it does not, its makes a huge mess while pouring. New does not always mean better"

zebbadoo September 5, 2015

PEG3350 (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Bowel Preparation: "It worked fine but do not use toilet paper use the ultra soft cleansing wipes. Also some baby powder towards the end is good and even some zinc oxide for diaper rash"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2015

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I had miralax after a surgery last week. I took it once daily, it didn't produce a bowel movement for 6 days but when it did the stool was soft and came out without straining which is good because I had open heart surgery. I will continue to take it until I am off of the pain medication which last time I was on it caused a horrendously painful softball size poop."

StephXD (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2015

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I have Small Cell Cervical Cancer, a very rare cancer with an aggressive form of treatment. I had to undergo an intense amount of chemo and radiation therapy which was aimed directly at my bowels due to the field of treatment. This being said I had a lot of cells that died off in my GI tract with all treatments. I also developed an internal hemorrhoid that literally has been HELL for the last 3/4 months. Miralax has been the ONLY thing to help cure this dreadful pain during bowel movements and keeps them coming loosely every morning! This is a hugely successful. Anyone who has ever suffered from hemorrhoids during cancer treatment to that area (impossible for it to heal & miralax made it possible!) THANK YOU!!"

Tough in Teal July 27, 2015

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I've suffered from chronic constipation my entire 42 years on earth. I could easily go 3-4 weeks without having a BM. That is not healthy and certainly NOT normal. I was deployed to Africa last fall and knew I would be in a world of hurt if I didn't get something to take with me. Laxatives/stool softeners never worked so I grabbed a bottle of Miralax to try. I am so very glad I did. This product saved my life and allowed me to focus on the mission (treating Ebola infected healthcare personnel) rather than becoming a patient myself because of severe abdominal pain. I am able to have a BM several times a day now without pain or abdominal discomfort at all. My doctor has given me a prescription for it which makes it even better."

Finally! July 21, 2015

For Constipation: "My doctor prescribed generic miralax every day due to chronic constipation, I now take it sparingly. It works wonders! I was on it for a good straight week last week, stopped for about 4 days, and had gurgling, excessive gas, loose stool too.(I am drinking miralax as we speak now LOL) I definitely need it. I'm planning on taking it every other day or every 2 days. It's helped tremendously"

asade July 18, 2015

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I hadn't had a BM in over a week and took this and I was able to go within a few hours. Not sure if it really worked or if it was just from drinking more water but I think Miralax helped a little! Will use again if needed!"

Vivian N June 26, 2015

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation, Acute: "I am 65 years old and suffer from diverticulitis. I ended up being hospitalized and did get better but not totally. One day I was in horrible pain and vomited. I had an impaction. The doctor gave me high doses of antibiotics and prescribed miralax. That was a few months ago. I only take as needed as the pain on the left side signals trouble. As long as I don't get constipated, thanks to miralax, I am okay. This stuff works for me. I buy Costco brand since it is cheaper."

Kathinwa (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2015