User Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350

Also known as: ClearLax, GaviLAX, GlycoLax, HealthyLax, MiraLax, PEG3350, Purelax, SunMark ClearLax

Learn more about Polyethylene glycol 3350.

Constipation 81 reviews 229 medications

8.8
Constipation, Acute 8 reviews 33 medications

8.8
Bowel Preparation 6 reviews 114 medications

5.7
Summary of Polyethylene glycol 3350 reviews 95 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Polyethylene glycol 3350

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I have IBS-C and over the years, have tried just about every laxative out there. My doctor prescribed me Miralax in 2008 and I took it daily until 2014. This is a very gentle laxative that can take several days to work. It's completely flavorless. The only side effects I noticed were minor bloating and gas. Eventually, my body got used to it and Miralax stopped working. But for six years, it was painless, dependable therapy that I was grateful to have."

Serene Celine (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 5, 2016

For Constipation: "Terrible cramping, humiliating gas and gut wrenching diarrhea for two days, and still going on -- after taking only 1/2 teaspoon for 2 days. All websites fail to explain what ingredients are in this medication while warning me away from allergic reactions to the ingredients."

cornstarch (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2016

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "Awesome! Works great! Stop waiting and go to the store. This product is a lifesaver. Works without getting gas, cramps. Tastes like water. Simply the best! "

Jason Covey (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2016

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I am constipated due to 6 auto-immune diseases and all the medications I have to take. It was first time I ever needed this type of medication. I have a high tolerance level but something told me to try a half dose. I can say it 100% worked and worked too well, quick too. I would make sure I have a night with the only plan is to take care of myself."

greycie (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2016

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "Be patient -- it may take a couple of days -- but you will get results. Follow the instructions and take your capful each day in a liquid drink -- I use apple juice. I absolutely cannot taste any difference. You will feel the urge and there is absolutely no straining. It is a miracle OTC remedy!"

Whosure December 4, 2015

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "My grand daughter is four she was born with a birth defect and has chronic constipation we tried prune juice when she was a baby it only worked for a little bit . Then she got sent to a G.I doctor and he said try miralax and give her a whole packet. She has been on it since she was about a year and a half and it works great for her . She will have to be on it for a while. She had to learn how to recognize her systems and when to go to the bathroom and with this medicine she is doing awesome .. I hope that she won't have to be on it for life . Thank you miralax"

Anonymous in idaho November 18, 2015

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I'm a 24yr old that recently had back surgery. They had me on tons of medications, of course, one being a stool softener because a lot of medicine intake tends to make one constipated. Well, the stool softer that I had to take twice daily didn't work one bit. I got so bloated and had some serious stomach pains, that I finally decided to try a laxative (never having tried one before, I was alittle intimidated). Now, before injuring myself and having the surgery, my BMs were extremely regular: once a day. After that, I was rarely going. When I tried Miralax it worked within the hour of drinking it in some ginger ale! I felt SO MUCH BETTER! It makes your stomach gurgle and gives slight cramps, but worth it in the long run!"

Works Great (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2015

For Constipation: "Absolute life changer. I have used this product (brand Restoralax in Canada, Miralax in US) as have sufferred from chronic constipation which has led to muliple fissures that are extremely painful and even debilitating. After trying other products without success, I dscovered Restoralax and it has changed my life. Initially, it took about 5 days of daily use to work and now I only need to 'maintain' and take it approximately once or twice per week or every other week. Have spoken to a few Specialists as I was concerned about continued use but all were supportive of using the product."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 14, 2015

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation, Acute: "Heart medication has caused acute constipation. When I take miralax, I go get BMs, but the effect is that I am extremely gasey and each time gas passes, small amount of poop comes out. It keeps me running to the bathroom and holding gas day and night. Sometimes I get to where I cannot stand the constipation any longer and try the miralax again... same horrible results and never feel cleaned out."

ccb711 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 6, 2015

For Constipation: "Recently, I found myself to strain more and more to poo in the morning. Then one morning, I couldn't go at all. As I know that my body doesn't handle missing a bowel movement well, I started looking up remedies. I decided to start with the most gentle so I started with Colace and lots of fibre and water. I still couldn't go the following day and it was getting pretty uncomfortable so I saw a Dr and she told me to use PEG. I rushed to the drug store and took 17g at noon. Soon afterwards, my cramping got worse and worse to the point where I had to lie down to get relief. The following day, I woke up and had 17g of PEG and soon after the cramping was so bad that I was thinking of going to the ER. Two hours later, a nice bowel movement happened."

MA11 October 14, 2015

ClearLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "It works but is hard to regulate dose. I always eat a lot fruits and veg so sometimes I cut down dosage then stop going. Some others have results in a day or two, takes at least 3 to 4 days for me. Eating the way I do its hard to regulate especially having to wait for result. I really like the product, just sometime it works too good!!!"

Mhallwf (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 24, 2015

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "The product works great, however the new packaging is not user friendly. Please bring back the old bottle design and remove that plastic insert in the bottle opening that suposedly helps to pour the product,indeed it does not, its makes a huge mess while pouring. New does not always mean better"

zebbadoo September 5, 2015

PEG3350 (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Bowel Preparation: "It worked fine but do not use toilet paper use the ultra soft cleansing wipes. Also some baby powder towards the end is good and even some zinc oxide for diaper rash"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2015

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I had miralax after a surgery last week. I took it once daily, it didn't produce a bowel movement for 6 days but when it did the stool was soft and came out without straining which is good because I had open heart surgery. I will continue to take it until I am off of the pain medication which last time I was on it caused a horrendously painful softball size poop."

StephXD (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2015

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I have Small Cell Cervical Cancer, a very rare cancer with an aggressive form of treatment. I had to undergo an intense amount of chemo and radiation therapy which was aimed directly at my bowels due to the field of treatment. This being said I had a lot of cells that died off in my GI tract with all treatments. I also developed an internal hemorrhoid that literally has been HELL for the last 3/4 months. Miralax has been the ONLY thing to help cure this dreadful pain during bowel movements and keeps them coming loosely every morning! This is a hugely successful. Anyone who has ever suffered from hemorrhoids during cancer treatment to that area (impossible for it to heal & miralax made it possible!) THANK YOU!!"

Tough in Teal July 27, 2015

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I've suffered from chronic constipation my entire 42 years on earth. I could easily go 3-4 weeks without having a BM. That is not healthy and certainly NOT normal. I was deployed to Africa last fall and knew I would be in a world of hurt if I didn't get something to take with me. Laxatives/stool softeners never worked so I grabbed a bottle of Miralax to try. I am so very glad I did. This product saved my life and allowed me to focus on the mission (treating Ebola infected healthcare personnel) rather than becoming a patient myself because of severe abdominal pain. I am able to have a BM several times a day now without pain or abdominal discomfort at all. My doctor has given me a prescription for it which makes it even better."

Finally! July 21, 2015

For Constipation: "My doctor prescribed generic miralax every day due to chronic constipation, I now take it sparingly. It works wonders! I was on it for a good straight week last week, stopped for about 4 days, and had gurgling, excessive gas, loose stool too.(I am drinking miralax as we speak now LOL) I definitely need it. I'm planning on taking it every other day or every 2 days. It's helped tremendously"

asade July 18, 2015

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I hadn't had a BM in over a week and took this and I was able to go within a few hours. Not sure if it really worked or if it was just from drinking more water but I think Miralax helped a little! Will use again if needed!"

Vivian N June 26, 2015

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation, Acute: "I am 65 years old and suffer from diverticulitis. I ended up being hospitalized and did get better but not totally. One day I was in horrible pain and vomited. I had an impaction. The doctor gave me high doses of antibiotics and prescribed miralax. That was a few months ago. I only take as needed as the pain on the left side signals trouble. As long as I don't get constipated, thanks to miralax, I am okay. This stuff works for me. I buy Costco brand since it is cheaper."

Kathinwa (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2015

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I was diagnosed with IBS-C and chronic constipation about two years ago. The doctor simply wrote me off with a prescription that didn't work. Tired of tons of prescriptions that didn't help me go and gave me have horrible symptoms, I ventured out on my own and drastically changed my diet but even that didn't work! Finally I tried Miralax because it was the only thing left and my doctor kept urging me to. I am so glad I did! I go two to three times a day and have normal stool. Sometimes my stool is on the runnier side or I get stomach cramps before a bowel movement but I am very happy with this product! It dissolves very well in any kind of drink. I recommend people to try it and give it about two weeks to work. Also, drink your water!"

Baxt June 4, 2015

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "From a combination of stress and a poor diet, I experienced some constipation last week. I did not have a solid bowel movement in a week. After seeing multiple ads on TV and reading reviews online, I decided to give Miralax a try. I found this drug very effective. I experienced results after just two days taking it. I would mix a pouch of Miralax in my morning fruit smoothie for twice the stimulation. Today is day 5 of my one week trial and Miralax continues to work. I am so relieved to no longer be constipated. I have a lot less abdominal discomfort as well."

J Phoenix May 4, 2015

For Constipation: "I have had problems with constipation since I had an intestinal surgery a few years back. Recently I had kidney stones and the pain killers led to an obstruction . Product seems to work pretty well. But I feel I should point out for people saying they now use this product every day. After reading the fine print and double checking with my doctor. You should never use any laxatives daily unless your instructed to. Your body can become dependent on the laxative and may not be able to have a normal movement on its own. Even the PG3350 says take 7 days or less. :) Hope everything works out for you all!"

Careful guys April 26, 2015

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "It works I went to the er and I was told to take miralax and I am so glad I bought it is a good product I am so happy to be relieved!"

ILLEY February 4, 2015

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "Until about 5 years ago (when I turned 40), I very rarely had any problems with bowel movements. Then I got a toe infection which required antibiotics to clear up. It worked, but after that I started having problems with constipation. I tried more bran and fiber. It did not work. I tried eating more fruit and vegetables. It didnt work. It was getting so bad that I started get hemorrhoids that bled bright red blood when I wiped. It was scary. I had to strain and strain just to get to the bathroom. I tried prunes and prune juice, and when it did work, it gave me the runs and lots of gas and cramping. I tried magnesium, and in order for it to work, I had to take so much that it gave me the runs unexpectedly. Miralax worked for me."

Bob8 January 26, 2015

MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350) for Constipation: "I had a bowel obstruction from using lasix, and not drinking enough water. I was admitted for surgery scheduled the next morning. But before the surgery I did use three small bottles under dr. Supervision in hospital, and my bowel obstruction miraculously untested! Today, four years later I am constipated from vicodin. I used miralax today...And my pains went away and I was able to go."

jennah January 14, 2015

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 Next