Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Lorazepam

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Learn more about Lorazepam.

Lorazepam review summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 133 medications used in the treatment of Nausea/Vomiting.

Reviews for Lorazepam to treat Nausea/Vomiting

Review by Optiaine (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam): Ativan is the only drug that can stop my vomiting when I'm in the middle of a bad cycle (I have cyclical vomiting syndrome which is triggered by neurally mediated hypotension.) I've never had any nasty side effects. I just get pleasantly loopy and very sleepy which is usually a blessing after staying up all night. I don't have a prescription for it so I end up in the ER a few times a year which is when they give it to me. (By the time it's that bad, I need IV fluids anyway so...)

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 6, 2013 8:11 AM
Review by Really help me (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

lorazepam: I suffer from bad anxiety and panic attacks pretty much 90% of my day. I suffer from the fear of throwing up which makes me nauseous all the time, and Ativan really helps relax me and helps with my nausea. I take 1 mg 2 times a day and helps me take the edge of feeling sick and worried.

October 2, 2013 9:06 PM
Review by sputnikki: User Rating:

lorazepam: I take this for breakthrough nausea when I have chemo. Though it can make me sleepy, which isn't always welcome, I'm very glad to have a non-constipating alternative to Zofran (also for nausea).

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 12, 2013 6:26 PM
Review by geo.: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam): I have Menieres Disease and taking Ativan helps settle my balance down so I can go to work and function.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 14, 2012 12:02 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam): This is amazing! It helps so many things. But the 3 main ones are nausea, insomnia and panic disorder. I also have fibromyalgia. I do try to keep the dosage as low as I can. I am prescribed a 1 mg pill 4 times a day. I take 2 of those at bedtime with a muscle relaxer and I sleep all the way through the night. I try to keep it to only 3 pills a day. I also take 60 mg of Cymbalta a day. Combined with the Ativan it keeps me and my husband sane. I also do yoga 2 to 3 times a week and walk. Exercise is a must with fibromyalgia.

March 18, 2012 4:46 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam): Lorazepam is the only thing that touches my nausea after having chemotherapy and for break-through nausea from the chemo. I was not aware that this was a medicine used for nausea until my Dr. prescribed them for me and told me to dissolve them under my tongue for the nausea. It almost always helps immediately and doesn't make me too drowsy to function. I just use 1mg. dosage and only when needed for the nausea and that is improving so I am very thankful.

March 17, 2012 3:36 PM
Review by PlainJayne: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam): This medication did not work at all to control my nausea. It made me intensely sleepy, but I was still nauseated.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 26, 2010 1:44 PM
Review by lorina: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam): Ativan is a great medication..It doesn't have any side effects..It really works!

January 26, 2010 11:36 PM
Review by Randi442: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam): I was completely non-functional as a result of persistent nausea (which seemed to be somewhat stress-related). A combination of therapy with Ativan, Phenergan and Reglan has allowed me to resume somewhat of a normal life.

March 24, 2009 1:39 AM
Review by robbyyz:

Ativan (lorazepam): Great for anxiety. Not great alone for nausea. Works well with other drugs like Zofran though. Helps take the "panic" out of being sick.

January 10, 2009 4:40 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

lorazepam: I have been taking Lorazepam for about 1 year now. I have been diagnosed with anxiety.

August 22, 2008 6:12 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

lorazepam: I am on Chemotherapy and I take Lorazepam with my chemo medicine and it helps a lot with the nausea and vomiting. I have not vomited at all and it also helps me sleep.

March 27, 2008 9:41 PM