Xofluza Side Effects
Generic name: baloxavir marboxil
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 19, 2022.
Note: This document contains side effect information about baloxavir marboxil. Some dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Xofluza.
Applies to baloxavir marboxil: oral tablet.
Serious side effects of Xofluza
Along with its needed effects, baloxavir marboxil (the active ingredient contained in Xofluza) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking baloxavir marboxil:
- Chest tightness
- cough producing mucus
- difficulty breathing
- muscle aches
- sore throat
- stuffy or runny nose
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Incidence not known
- Blistering, peeling, or loosening of the skin
- bloody, black, or tarry stools
- difficulty swallowing
- fast heartbeat
- hives, itching, skin rash
- joint or muscle pain
- puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- red, irritated eyes
- sores, ulcers, or white spots in the mouth or on the lips
- voice changes
Other side effects of Xofluza
Some side effects of baloxavir marboxil may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects.
Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
Incidence not known
- Seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to baloxavir marboxil: oral granule for reconstitution, oral tablet.
Common (1% to 10%): Diarrhea, nausea
Nausea was reported in 6% of elderly subjects compared to 1% of younger subjects (aged 18 to 64 years).[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Headache[Ref]
Postmarketing reports: Delirium, abnormal behavior, hallucinations
Frequency not reported: Dysphonia[Ref]
Frequently asked questions
More about Xofluza (baloxavir marboxil)
- Check interactions
- Pricing & coupons
- Reviews (24)
- Drug images
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- FDA approval history
- Drug class: miscellaneous antivirals
- En español
Related treatment guides
1. "Product Information. Xofluza (baloxavir marboxil)." Roche Products Pty Ltd (2021):
2. "Product Information. Xofluza (baloxavir marboxil)." Genentech (2022):
3. "Product Information. Xofluza (baloxavir marboxil)." Roche Products Ltd (2022):
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.