Vyndaqel Side Effects
Generic name: tafamidis
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 17, 2022.
Note: This document contains side effect information about tafamidis. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Vyndaqel.
For the Consumer
Applies to tafamidis: oral capsule liquid filled
Side effects requiring immediate medical attention
Along with its needed effects, tafamidis (the active ingredient contained in Vyndaqel) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking tafamidis:
Incidence not known
- difficulty swallowing
- fast heartbeat
- hives, itching, skin rash
- puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips or, tongue
- tightness in chest
- unusual tiredness or weakness
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to tafamidis: oral capsule
Very common (10% or more): Urinary tract infection, vaginal infection
Common (1% to 10%): Myalgia, arthritis
Common (1% to 10%): Cataract
Common (1% to 10%): Sinusitis
Common (1% to 10%): Asthenia
Common (1% to 10%): Balance disorder
Common (1% to 10%): Skin ulcer, hyperhidrosis
Frequently asked questions
- What’s the difference between Vyndaqel and Vyndamax?
- How does Vyndaqel work for ATTR-CM?
- How long does it take Vyndamax to work?
- How long does it take for Vyndaqel to start working?
More about Vyndaqel (tafamidis)
- Drug interactions
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- Imprints, shape & color data
- Pricing & coupons
- En español
- Drug class: transthyretin stabilizers
- FDA approval history
- Other brands
Related treatment guides
1. Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.