Visine Maximum Redness Relief Side Effects
Generic Name: tetrahydrozoline ophthalmic
Note: This document contains side effect information about tetrahydrozoline ophthalmic. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Visine Maximum Redness Relief.
For the Consumer
Applies to tetrahydrozoline ophthalmic: ophthalmic solution
Side effects include:
Ophthalmic: Blurred vision, irritation, mydriasis.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to tetrahydrozoline ophthalmic: compounding powder, ophthalmic solution
Systemic side effects are rare because of the minor extent of absorption after topical application.[Ref]
Ocular side effects have included blurred vision, irritation, mydriasis, conjunctival hyperemia, and blepharoconjunctivitis. Conjunctival application, especially when high concentrations have been used in the elderly, may liberate pigment granules, presumably from the iris.[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Collyrium Fresh (tetrahydrozoline)." Wyeth-Ayerst Laboratories, Philadelphia, PA.
2. Soparkar CN, Wilhelmus KR, Koch DD, Wallace GW, Jones DB "Acute and chronic conjunctivitis due to over-the-counter ophthalmic decongestants." Arch Ophthalmol 115 (1997): 34-8
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about Visine Maximum Redness Relief (tetrahydrozoline ophthalmic)
- Visine Maximum Redness Relief Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: ophthalmic antihistamines and decongestants