Sterile talc Side Effects
Applies to sterile talc: intrapleural powder, intrapleural spray
Along with its needed effects, sterile talc may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor or nurse immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking sterile talc:
- Chest pain, discomfort, or tightness
- coughing or spitting up blood
- cough with thick mucous
- fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat
- general feeling of discomfort or illness
- shortness of breath or troubled breathing
Some side effects of sterile talc may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
- Bleeding, swelling, warmth, or pain on your skin where the spray tube was inserted
Some of the above side effects could be caused by having a tube placed in your chest or other procedures that were done at the time the talc was used, as well as by the talc. Other side effects not listed above may also occur in some patients. If you notice any other effects, check with your doctor.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about sterile talc
- Sterile talc Side Effects
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: miscellaneous uncategorized agents