Spy Agent Green Side Effects
Generic name: indocyanine green
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 9, 2021.
Note: This document contains side effect information about indocyanine green. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Spy Agent Green.
For the Consumer
Applies to indocyanine green: intravenous powder for solution
Side effects requiring immediate medical attention
Along with its needed effects, indocyanine green (the active ingredient contained in Spy Agent Green) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor or nurse immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking indocyanine green:
Incidence not known
- difficulty with swallowing
- fast heartbeat
- hives or welts, itching, skin rash
- puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- redness of the skin
- tightness in the chest
- unusual tiredness or weakness
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to indocyanine green: injectable powder for injection
Frequency not reported: Anaphylactic or urticarial reactions[Ref]
More about Spy Agent Green (indocyanine green)
- Drug interactions
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Drug class: miscellaneous diagnostic dyes
Related treatment guides
1. "Product Information. IC-Green (indocyanine green)." Akorn Inc (2007):
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.