Spinosad topical Side Effects
For the Consumer
Applies to spinosad topical: topical application suspension
Along with its needed effects, spinosad topical may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Some side effects of spinosad topical may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
- Itching, burning, flaking, or redness of the scalp
- redness of the eye or skin
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to spinosad topical: topical suspension
Common (1% to 10%): Application site erythema, application site irritation
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Application site dryness, application site exfoliation[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Ocular erythema[Ref]
1. Popescu CM, Popescu R "Efficacy and safety of spinosad cream rinse for head lice." Arch Dermatol 148 (2012): 1065-9
2. "Product Information. Natroba (spinosad topical)." ParaPRO LLC, Carmel, IN.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about spinosad topical
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 11 Reviews
- Drug class: topical anti-infectives
Other brands: Natroba