Sclavo Test-PPD Side Effects
Generic Name: tuberculin purified protein derivative
Note: This page contains side effects data for the generic drug tuberculin purified protein derivative. It is possible that some of the dosage forms included below may not apply to the brand name Sclavo Test-PPD.
Applies to tuberculin purified protein derivative: intradermal solution
As well as its needed effects, tuberculin purified protein derivative (the active ingredient contained in Sclavo Test-PPD) may cause unwanted side effects that require medical attention.
If any of the following side effects occur while taking tuberculin purified protein derivative, check with your doctor or nurse immediately:Incidence not known:
- Bleeding at the injection site (occurring up to 3 days after the skin test)
- blistering, crusting, or scabbing at the injection site
- deep, dark purple bruise at the injection site (occurring up to 3 days after the skin test)
- difficult or labored breathing
- fast heartbeat
- hard lump at the injection site
- itching, pain, redness, or swelling at the injection site
- large, hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, or sex organs
- noisy breathing
- puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- scar at the injection site
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Minor Side Effects
Some tuberculin purified protein derivative side effects may not need any medical attention. As your body gets used to the medicine these side effects may disappear. Your health care professional may be able to help you prevent or reduce these side effects, but do check with them if any of the following side effects continue, or if you are concerned about them:Incidence not known:
- Pain, discomfort, or itching at the injection site
- redness or rash at the injection site (occurring within 12 hours after skin test)
It is possible that some side effects of Sclavo Test-PPD may not have been reported. These can be reported to the FDA here. Always consult a healthcare professional for medical advice.
More about Sclavo Test-PPD (tuberculin purified protein derivative)
Related treatment guides
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. In addition, the drug information contained herein may be time sensitive and should not be utilized as a reference resource beyond the date hereof. This material does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients, or recommend therapy. This information is a reference resource designed as supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill , knowledge, and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate safety, effectiveness, or appropriateness for any given patient. Drugs.com does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of materials provided. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.