Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Side Effects
Generic name: sars-cov-2 (covid-19) mrna-1273 vaccine
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 10, 2022.
Note: This document contains side effect information about sars-cov-2 (covid-19) mrna-1273 vaccine. Some dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine.
Applies to sars-cov-2 (covid-19) mrna-1273 vaccine: intramuscular suspension.
Serious side effects
Along with its needed effects, sars-cov-2 (covid-19) mrna-1273 vaccine (the active ingredient contained in Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor or nurse immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking sars-cov-2 (covid-19) mrna-1273 vaccine:
- difficulty in moving
- joint pain
- muscle aches, cramps, pains, or stiffness
- swollen joints
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Incidence not known
- blue or pale skin
- chest discomfort or tightness
- chest pain, possible moving to the left arm, neck, or shoulder
- difficulty swallowing
- fast heartbeat
- puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- trouble breathing
Other side effects
Some side effects of sars-cov-2 (covid-19) mrna-1273 vaccine may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects.
Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
Incidence not known
- Bleeding, blistering, burning, coldness, discoloration of the skin, feeling of pressure, hives, infection, inflammation, itching, lumps, numbness, pain, rash, redness, scarring, soreness, stinging, swelling, tenderness, tingling, ulceration, or warmth at the injection site
More about Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine (sars-cov-2 (covid-19) mrna-1273 vaccine)
- Check interactions
- Pricing & coupons
- Reviews (27)
- Dosage information
- FDA approval history
- Drug class: viral vaccines
- En español
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.