Latanoprost / timolol ophthalmic Side Effects
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jul 30, 2022.
Applies to latanoprost / timolol ophthalmic: ophthalmic solution.
Serious side effects
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Change in eyesight, eye pain, or very bad eye irritation.
- Shortness of breath, a big weight gain, or swelling in the arms or legs.
- Chest pain that is new or worse.
- Very bad dizziness or passing out.
- Very bad headache.
- Slow heartbeat.
- A heartbeat that does not feel normal.
- Muscle weakness.
- Change in color of hands or feet from pale to blue or red.
- Numbness, pain, tingling, or cold feeling of the hands or feet.
- Any sores or wounds on the fingers or toes.
- Ingrown eyelashes.
- Small cyst on the iris (colored part of the eye).
- Eye color may change to a brown color. This change may be long-lasting. Eye color changes may happen a few months to years after starting this drug. If eye color changes, call the doctor.
Other side effects
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Eye irritation.
- Feeling that something is in the eye.
- Dry eyes.
- Watery eyes.
- Eye redness.
- This drug may cause eyelash changes like dark eyelashes, thickness, or more eyelashes. Most of the time, these changes go back to normal after this drug is stopped.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
More about latanoprost / timolol ophthalmic
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.