K-Phos Original Side Effects
Generic name: potassium acid phosphate
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 8, 2022.
Note: This document contains side effect information about potassium acid phosphate. Some dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name K-Phos Original.
Applies to potassium acid phosphate: oral tablet.
Serious side effects of K-Phos Original
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of a high potassium level like a heartbeat that does not feel normal; change in thinking clearly and with logic; feeling weak, lightheaded, or dizzy; feel like passing out; numbness or tingling; or shortness of breath.
- Signs of low calcium levels like muscle cramps or spasms, numbness and tingling, or seizures.
- Signs of low magnesium levels like mood changes, muscle pain or weakness, muscle cramps or spasms, seizures, shakiness, not hungry, very bad upset stomach or throwing up, or a heartbeat that does not feel normal.
- Not able to move.
- Feeling of heaviness in your arms or legs.
- Chest pain or pressure.
- Not able to pass urine or change in how much urine is passed.
- Bone or joint pain.
Other side effects of K-Phos Original
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
- Stomach pain or diarrhea.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
More about K-Phos Original (potassium acid phosphate)
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.