Eskata Side Effects
Generic Name: hydrogen peroxide topical
Note: This document contains side effect information about hydrogen peroxide topical. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Eskata.
Applies to hydrogen peroxide topical: topical application gel/jelly, topical application pad, topical application solution, topical application spray
Side effects requiring immediate medical attention
Along with its needed effects, hydrogen peroxide topical (the active ingredient contained in Eskata) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor or nurse immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking hydrogen peroxide topical:
- Redness, blistering, peeling, or loosening of the skin
- skin burning, itching, pain, rash, stinging, or swelling skin ulcers
- Cracking or scarring of the skin
- thinning, weakness, or wasting away of the skin
- Eyelid swelling
- painful blisters on the trunk of the body
Side effects not requiring immediate medical attention
Some side effects of hydrogen peroxide topical may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects.
Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
- Darkening of the skin
- dryness, peeling, or crusting of the skin
- lightening of normal skin color
- lightening of the treated areas of dark skin
Frequently asked questions
More about Eskata (hydrogen peroxide topical)
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- 10 Reviews
- Drug class: topical anti-infectives
- FDA Alerts (1)
- FDA Approval History
- Other brands
Related treatment guides
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.