Cetrotide Side Effects
Generic Name: cetrorelix
Note: This document contains side effect information about cetrorelix. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Cetrotide.
For the Consumer
Applies to cetrorelix: subcutaneous powder for solution
Along with its needed effects, cetrorelix (the active ingredient contained in Cetrotide) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking cetrorelix:
- Abdominal or stomach pain
- continuing or severe nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
- decreased amount of urine
- feeling of indigestion
- moderate to severe bloating
- pelvic pain, severe
- rapid weight gain
- shortness of breath
- swelling of lower legs
Some side effects of cetrorelix may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
- injection site bruising, itching, swelling, or redness
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to cetrorelix: subcutaneous powder for injection
Common (1% to 10%): Mild to moderate ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS) (WHO grade I or II)
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Severe ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (WHO grade III)[Ref]
Very common (10% or more): Nausea (12%)[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Redness, erythema, bruising, itching, swelling, pruritus (at the injection site)[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Headache[Ref]
1. Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
2. Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
3. "Product Information. Cetrotide (cetrorelix)" Asta Medica Inc, Tewksbury, MA.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about Cetrotide (cetrorelix)
- Cetrotide Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonists