Carmol Scalp Treatment Kit Side Effects
Generic Name: sulfacetamide sodium / urea topical
Note: This document contains side effect information about sulfacetamide sodium / urea topical. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Carmol Scalp Treatment Kit.
Applies to sulfacetamide sodium/urea topical: topical lotion, topical pad
Hypersensitivity side effects, including irritation, have been reported rarely.
Hypersensitivity side effects associated with sulfonamides, including topical sulfonamides, have included Stevens-Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis. A case of local hypersensitivity which progressed to a fatal syndrome resembling systemic lupus erythematosus has also been reported. Sensitization may recur upon reexposure to sulfonamides by different routes of administration.[Ref]
Hepatic side effects associated with sulfonamides have included fulminant hepatic necrosis.[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Carmol Scalp (sodium sulfacetamide-urea topical)." Doak Dermatologics Division, Fairfield, NJ.
2. "Product Information. Rosula NS (sodium sulfacetamide-urea topical)." Doak Dermatologics Division, Fairfield, NJ.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about Carmol Scalp Treatment Kit (sulfacetamide sodium / urea topical)
- Carmol Scalp Treatment Kit Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: topical antibiotics
Other brands: Rosula NS