User Reviews for Salicylic acid topical

Also known as: Compound W, Wart Remover, Dermarest Psoriasis Skin Treatment, Duofilm, Acnex, Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub, Bensal HP, Fostex, Neutrogena Healthy Scalp Dandruff Shampoo, Dermarest Psoriasis Medicated Moisturizer, Durasal, Duoplant, Salex, Aliclen, Freezone Corn Remover, Scalpicin Scalp Relief, Acnevir, Let Me Clarify Gel, Dr Scholl's Clear Away Wart Remover, Dr Scholl's Corn Removers, Dr Scholl's OneStep Callus Removers, Gordofilm, Dr Scholl's OneStep Corn Removers, Salactic Film, Dr Scholl's Callus Removers, Mosco Corn & Callus Remover, Dr Scholl's Corn/Callus Remover, Dr Scholl's Corn Removers Small, Dr Scholl's Corn Removers Ultra-Thin, Sal-Plant Gel, Dr Scholl's Corn Removers Extra Thick, Trans-Ver-Sal, Mediplast, DHS Salicylic Acid 3%, Acnomel Acne Mask, Bioelements Active Astringent, Stri-Dex, Neutrogena Healthy Scalp, Stri-Dex Sensitive Skin, Xalix, Stridex Body Focus, Stri-Dex Clear Gel, Hydrisalic, Stri-Dex Face Wash, Stri-Dex Dual Textured, Stri-Dex Super Scrub, Neutrogena Acne Wash Oil Free, CeraVe SA Renewing, Propa PH Maximum Strength, Propa PH Foaming Face Wash, P & S, Clear Away Wart Removal System, ACNE FIGHTING FOUNDATION, Propa PH Acne Mask, ACNE FIGHTING ROLL ON GEL, Propa PH Skin Cleanser Normal/Sensitive, Acne Lab Foam Cleanser, Gets-It Corn and Callus Remover, Adasept Acne, Acne Off Acne Treatment, Acne Off Acne Treatment Facial, Derma Controle: Nettoyant Moussant, Acne Solution, Derma Controle: Normalisant, ACNE SOLUTIONS CLARIFYING, Derma Controle: Purifiante, ACNE SOLUTIONS CLEANSING BAR FOR FACE AND BODY, Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam, Freezeone One Step, Acne Solution Clearing Concealer Acne Medication All Skin Types, Acnisal, Keralyt Shampoo, Clinique Acne Solutions Oil Control Cleansing Mask, Bazuka Extra Strength, Yat Tip Xiao Corn and Callus Removing Plaster, Yes To Tomatoes Acne Fighting Body Wash, Clean & Clear Concealing Treatment, Yes To Tomatoes Acne Fighting Paper Mask, Clear Logix Deep Cleansing Acne Treatment, Yes To Tomatoes Acne Clearing Facial Toner, Clear Logix Gentle Foaming Facial Cleanser, Yes To Tomatoes Clear Skin Corrective Concealer Light Tint, Clear Logix Sensitive Skin Astringent, Yes To Tomatoes Daily Repair Treatment, Clearasil Acne Fighting, Yes To Tomatoes Detoxifying Charcoal Cleanser, Clearasil Ice Wash, Yes To Tomatoes Detoxifying Charcoal Mud Mask, Clearasil Overnight Defense, UltraSal-ER, Clinique Acne Solutions Quick Clearing, Clinique Acne Solutions Spot Treatment, YS Solution Ac Care, Denorex Extra Strength Protection, YS Solution Ac Control Skin Regular Mild, Clear Logix Acne Spot Treatment, YS Solution Intensive AC Care, Clear Logix Oil Fighting Daily Wash, Clear Logix Oily Skin Astringent, Clearasil 3-In-1 Cleanser, Clearasil Stayclear Deep Clean Astringent, Stri-Dex Maximum Strength, Clearasil Stayclear Deep Clean Pad, Stridex Naturally Clear, Clinique Acne Solutions Body Treatment, Clinique Acne Solutions Concealing, Selsun Blue Deep Cleansing, Biore Blemish Undercover Agent, Selsun Blue Naturals Island Breeze, Selsun Blue Naturals Itchy Dry Scalp, Acnevir Facial Wash, Clearasil Total Control Daily, Clearasil Total Control Deep Pore Cleanser, Clearasil Blackhead Clearing Pads, Propa pH Acne Med Cleansing, Stridex Maximum Strength Dr Scholl's Zino Soft Corn Remover Psoriasin Medicated Wash Tinamed Plantar Clean & Clear Dual Action Oxy Balance Deep Pore Cleansing, Gentle Oxy Balance Daily Cleaning, Normal Skin Salvax Neutrogena T/Sal Dermarest Psoriasis Overnight Treatment KeralytGel Dermarest Psoriasis Shampoo Plus Conditioner Oxy Face Scrub Chill Factor Oxy Face Scrub Akurza Denorex Medicated Balanced Strength Salex Cream DermalZone Clear Up Prep Dr Scholl's Corn/Callous Remover Oxy Balance Deep Pore Cleanser Propa pH Acne Med Maximum Strength Freezone Keralyt Scalp Acne and Blemish Target Acne & Oil Control Acne Astringent Toner Pads Acne Solutions Cleansing Gel Acne Cleansing Pads Acne Cleansing Wipes Virasal …show all brand names

Salicylic acid topical has an average rating of 7.8 out of 10 from a total of 18 ratings on Drugs.com. 69% of those users who reviewed Salicylic acid topical reported a positive effect, while 19% reported a negative effect.

Dermatological Disorders   8.9
Acne   7.0
Warts   6.4
Summary of Salicylic acid topical reviews 7.8 18 reviews

Reviews for Salicylic acid topical

Harriet · Taken for less than 1 month January 3, 2021

Wart Remover (salicylic acid) for Warts: “I gently painted numerous warts on my chest with Wart Magic for two days. It seemed to take ages to dry and spread when I dressed I developed an extremely violent allergic reaction. It spread far and wide. My ears rang. Hearing is reduced. The worst is that my entire chest went blood red, was and still is hot and moist. At times I was not aware of any irritation beyond that, but all of a sudden, I became so itchy I wanted to tear my skin to pieces. I stopped using it completely and consulted a pharmacist's nurse. She prescribed Allergex. I have taken 2 tablets so far, twelve hours apart. My skin has not yet improved. A tiny wart on the back of my hand did come out, although the surrounding skin is extremely itchy. The other warts are worse than ever. I will need to have them professionally burnt off. I will never use Wart Magic again. One semi-dried wart came off an hour after applying.”

nita · Taken for less than 1 month August 16, 2020

CeraVe SA Renewing (salicylic acid) for Acne: “I have tiny skin colored bumps on my butt cheeks and backs of arms..sometimes if I sit for a while, the bumps will feel like little ant bites stinging me, its very painful. I heard about CeraVe SA from a friend and so I gave it a try. Within days, my bumps were significant reduced and no more ant bite feeling. It also helped smooth out the rough parts on the heels of my feet. Definitely recommend to anyone who might have this condition..great product!”

Al · Taken for less than 1 month August 9, 2020

Compound W (salicylic acid) for Warts: “I had 2 warts on my knuckles. The compound w gel "burned" the skin, then hardened to a white patch. The directions said apply twice a day, but I was unsure, because the white patch, almost like a scab, lasted 2 days . when it fell off, I tried again for another 3 days. By then the skin where the warts had been was red and scabby. I am not sure if all the wart is gone, and don't know if I should continue.”

Cakes January 8, 2020

Compound W (salicylic acid) for Warts: “I used the wart remover pads which I purchased at the local drug store. Within 3 hours of applying I had a high fever. Then my leg swelled and turned red. I was taken by ambulance to he hospital. Within a few days my skin started blistering, leaking fluid and it swelled so much that my leg was sliced open on both sides to stop the swelling, my toes were sliced open as well as top of foot. It's been 5 months of living nightmare.”

Tom · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 19, 2019

Salicylic Acid Cleansing Bar (salicylic acid) for Dermatological Disorders: “I tried this mix for do most 4 years and seems active and working with my skin related to my nail fungus and skin dry and pain in my feet”

Edith · Taken for less than 1 month September 7, 2019

Scalpicin Scalp Relief (salicylic acid) for Dermatological Disorders: “Hair loss”

Lucy · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2018

Mosco Corn & Callus Remover (salicylic acid) for Dermatological Disorders: “This product is the real deal. It not only worked it removed the root of the corn. I am completely satisfied and will recommend it to my family and friends.”

Foodlover January 7, 2018

Compound W (salicylic acid) for Warts: “This product is FANTASTIC!! It got rid of my warts in less then a week!! I freaking love this product❤️❤️”

Annie2017 · Taken for less than 1 month January 6, 2017

Compound W (salicylic acid) for Warts: “Compound-W caused second degree burns on my knuckles where I applied a few drops on warts. Could not get compound-w off my skin. It acts like a super-glue. After few days, scraped the white product off which caused sores. Applying Neosporin to heal the sores. No warning on product box or tube to warn about the super-glue effect. Will not use this dangerous product again.”

Clarissabel · Taken for less than 1 month November 4, 2016

Clinique Acne Solutions Spot Treatment (salicylic acid) for Acne: “I had a bad reaction to the acne solution. Never had that happen after 15 years of using Clinique products. I put a small drop on 3 different places where I had small pimples. I woke up with a rash, dry, itchy skin, pain and irritation. I'm seeking medical attention after home remedy and Benadryl didn't help it actually spread.”

farazarshad September 14, 2016

Duofilm (salicylic acid) for Warts: “My wart was on my forehead was big. When I started to use Duofilm it got sore and blood started to flow like tap water, I was very much afraid but continue to use it and now my wart has gone.”

Dead Zombie · Taken for less than 1 month October 6, 2015

Wart Remover (salicylic acid) for Warts: “I used Compound W for a week , and it works great , use Duct tape”

najumani August 26, 2013

Acnex (salicylic acid) for Acne: “It has smoothed and cleared my face. It works like magic because now its about a month and all my worries are gone. ”

Weaver1 March 15, 2013

For Dermatological Disorders: “I alternate salicylic acid shampoo with tar shampoo and zinc shampoo. Using the three over three hair washes works beautifully for me.”

67583322222 · Taken for less than 1 month May 17, 2012

Bensal HP (salicylic acid) for Dermatological Disorders: “I was given this medicine to "sample". I had a brown recluse spider bite on my knee that had already began necrotizing the tissue. It looked like a black, blown out gun shot wound, the size of the palm of my hand. My Dr. was recommending surgery to remove the necrosis and ultimately the need for a skin graft. Bensal HP avoided all of that. The necrosis dried up and fell away, the skin has closed in and regenerated itself. An amazing ointment that saved my leg! I'm a believer in Bensal HP! My General Surgeon was amazed! 3 week healing time! Amazing!”

Burse February 7, 2012

Bensal HP (salicylic acid) for Dermatological Disorders: “Started using the product several years ago. Have re-ordered several times. Have been to two other doctors in past 5 years who were not familar with Bensal, however they wrote a prescription when I told them of my experience.”

mobaileypa May 21, 2011

Bensal HP (salicylic acid) for Dermatological Disorders: “I've used this product on several occasions-on all kinds of lower extremity ulcers. It works wonderfully! I have really been impressed with this product and how quickly it works.”

Anonymous March 9, 2008

Duoplant (salicylic acid) for Dermatological Disorders: “i've tried so many different things .now this is amazing ...works great.finally.”