User Reviews for Selenium sulfide

Also known as: Dandrex, Exsel, Glo-Sel, Head & Shoulders Intensive Treatment, Sel-Pen Blue, Selenos, SelRx, Selseb, Selsun, Selsun Blue, Selsun Blue 2-in-1, Selsun Blue Medicated, Selsun Blue Moisturizing, Selsun Blue Normal to Oily, Tersi Foam

Learn more about Selenium sulfide.

Tinea Versicolor 11 reviews 97 medications

8.6
Summary of Selenium sulfide reviews 11 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Selenium sulfide

For Tinea Versicolor: "I developed tinea veriscolor during a particularly hot summer about 3 years ago. I've been to 5 different doctors and been prescribed every pill and lotion imaginable. None of them worked! I was embarrassed to go out, I felt like everyone could see it and I was so frustrated that nothing helped. THEN, I was in urgent care for an unrelated condition and the Dr took a look at my neck while checking my ears and told me to use Selsun (selenium sulfide 1%) as a lotion. I started using it at night a few days ago and my skin is redder, patchier and tender but I can SEE THAT IT IS WORKING! Moisturizing lotion is a necessity during the day with this treatment!"

CWombat (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Tinea Versicolor: "I have had tinea versicolor for years and was recently told to buy selsun, I asked the chemist who sold me selsun gold, it has selenium sulfide which I am gathering is THE IMPORTANT STUFF ! Initially I was looking for Selsun... isn't that the shampoo? Anyway I rub Selsun gold over my upper body and behind knees min. 10min before shower and sometimes leave overnight (albeit will remain naked or wear old shirt and throw into wash, cause its abit smelly) and viola no reddish brown itchy spots/clusters that turn white until eventually some time later blend back into normal skin colour. I noted regular use in the current warmer months this year has meant I am all clear!"

Anonymous November 28, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Tinea Versicolor: "Using the (Storebrand) of shampoo with 1%s selenium sulfide. every nite, apply to affected areas with scrubber spongy thing - leave on for 10 minutes. rinse well. within 2 days spots were 50% gone, within 4 days - all gone. completely! Just as precaution, continued this procedure every nite before bed for 12 days straight. Simply amazing - completely gone! another thing to do: after rinsing areas, let them air dry. do not pat dry."

Mermaid13 (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Tinea Versicolor: "I've suffered for my entire adult life from tinea versicolor, over 30 years. Started as a teenager and I'm now 54. There were times in the summer that I couldn't take my shirt off it was so bad. Used to go to the dermatologist (before the internet) and pay for the office visit and then pay for the prescription for selenium sulfide lotion. After the internet came along I read about selenium sulfide in shampoos. Since that time I have not been back to the Dr for this condition. Selsun Blue and Head & Shoulders Clinical Strength both have 1% selenium sulfide. When the spots kick up I use either one of these as a body wash for a 1-3 weeks (daily) and the condition disappears for a couple years. A little sunshine evens out the skin color."

CMidd July 21, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Tinea Versicolor: "Incredible product! I've battled with Tinea Versicolor for a couple years, it would come and go especially in the summer... I decided to do some research into it after trying natural remedies which did work - just not as well - such as Malaleuca(Tea Tree Oil) and Coconut Oil. I bought the Selsun Lotion and Selsun Blue Shampoo from Walmart... I had Tinea on my stomach, back and chest. After using this it literally COMPLETELY disappeared in less than a week! For my frustration I would put on the lotion before I went to sleep and then would shower when I woke up, also using the scrubber for the shower. I've only used it that week and it's been 2 months and hasn't come back even in the slightest. Amazing product. +++++ Highly Recommend."

McEachern June 20, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Selsun Blue (selenium sulfide) for Tinea Versicolor: "I've had Tinea Versicolor come and go for a few years now and it has been a pain. I did my research and saw many success stories from using Selsun Blue with 1% selinium sulfide in it. I've only been using for a day leaving it on over night and I have seen amazing results it's almost gone! It is also getting rid of my white spots. The only con is that it may burn/itch and can be messy. Other than that it is a huge success!"

Kadymarie12 (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Tinea Versicolor: "Undress. Stand in shower. Apply generous amount of selenium sulfide. Use firm bristle bath brush . Scrub affected area then shower away lotion. Fast results. About a week tinea versicolor is removed. This product is liquid brown/ beige color. Not to be confused with hair shampoo Selsun blue."

dch55 March 21, 2015

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Tinea Versicolor: "I use a prescription for selenium sulfide 2.5. I've tried using it in different ways over the years, but the way that works for me is to slather it on with a little moisture before bed, sleep in it and then wash it off in the morning. Doing this for 3 consecutive if uncomfortable nights rids me of it for about a year. I can't get that sulfur smell out of anything I wear though, so I find some old clothes that I can throw away after the third night."

MFerC April 26, 2014

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Selsun (selenium sulfide) for Tinea Versicolor: "I've had tinea versicolor for about 6 years now. There have been times when the spots blend into my skin a little more, but eventually it would always come back. I recently started some research online and found all these amazing reviews for Selsun Blue. I've only been using for about a week now, but the spots have significantly faded already! The ONLY thing I will recommend is to make sure you moisturize at least once a day while using. The shampoo really dried my skin out, to the point where I could see cracks from dryness. However, as soon as I moisturize, it goes away and does not itch. Selsun is unquestionably an amazing product. I've been seeing a lot of reviews for using Lamisil as well which I will soon be trying as well."

nikki82891 February 17, 2011

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Selsun (selenium sulfide) for Tinea Versicolor: "This is the best treatment for the tinea versicolor"

gerard lepecheur November 17, 2010

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Selsun (selenium sulfide) for Tinea Versicolor: "I've used this shampoo continuously for almost 7 years. It's kept me from having sores on my scalp, but I still have the fungus on my skin. This product keeps it "beat back" from becoming worse but does not eradicate it. Also, my physician never suggested keeping it on the skin overnight (messy!) but I started doing this with my face and upper arms and have seen more results."

Anonymous July 21, 2010