ARI Gallium (Ga-67) Citrate Side Effects
Generic name: gallium citrate ga-67
Note: This document contains side effect information about gallium citrate ga-67. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name ARI Gallium (Ga-67) Citrate.
Applies to gallium citrate ga-67: intravenous solution
Side effects requiring immediate medical attention
Along with its needed effects, gallium citrate ga-67 (the active ingredient contained in ARI Gallium (Ga-67) Citrate) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor or nurse immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking gallium citrate ga-67:
- difficulty with breathing or swallowing
- fast heartbeat
- puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- reddening of the skin, especially around the ears
- shortness of breath
- skin rash
- swelling of the eyes, face, or inside of the nose
- tightness in the chest
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Side effects not requiring immediate medical attention
Some side effects of gallium citrate ga-67 may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects.
Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
Incidence not known
- Bleeding, blistering, burning, coldness, discoloration of the skin, feeling of pressure, hives, infection, inflammation, itching, lumps, numbness, pain, rash, redness, scarring, soreness, stinging, swelling, tenderness, tingling, ulceration, or warmth at the injection site
- flushing or redness of the skin
- itching (severe)
- unusually warm skin
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 18, 2020.
More about ARI Gallium (Ga-67) Citrate (gallium citrate ga-67)
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.