Aplisol Side Effects
Generic Name: tuberculin purified protein derivative
Note: This page contains information about the side effects of tuberculin purified protein derivative. Some of the dosage forms included on this document may not apply to the brand name Aplisol.
Applies to tuberculin purified protein derivative: intradermal solution
In addition to its needed effects, some unwanted effects may be caused by tuberculin purified protein derivative (the active ingredient contained in Aplisol). In the event that any of these side effects do occur, they may require medical attention.
If any of the following side effects occur while taking tuberculin purified protein derivative, check with your doctor or nurse immediately:Incidence not known:
- Bleeding at the injection site (occurring up to 3 days after the skin test)
- blistering, crusting, or scabbing at the injection site
- deep, dark purple bruise at the injection site (occurring up to 3 days after the skin test)
- difficult or labored breathing
- fast heartbeat
- hard lump at the injection site
- itching, pain, redness, or swelling at the injection site
- large, hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, or sex organs
- noisy breathing
- puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- scar at the injection site
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Minor Side Effects
Some of the side effects that can occur with tuberculin purified protein derivative may not need medical attention. As your body adjusts to the medicine during treatment these side effects may go away. Your health care professional may also be able to tell you about ways to reduce or prevent some of these side effects. If any of the following side effects continue, are bothersome or if you have any questions about them, check with your health care professional:Incidence not known:
- Pain, discomfort, or itching at the injection site
- redness or rash at the injection site (occurring within 12 hours after skin test)
Not all side effects for Aplisol may be reported. You should always consult a doctor or healthcare professional for medical advice. Side effects can be reported to the FDA here.
More about Aplisol (tuberculin purified protein derivative)
- Other brands: Tubersol
Related treatment guides
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. In addition, the drug information contained herein may be time sensitive and should not be utilized as a reference resource beyond the date hereof. This material does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients, or recommend therapy. This information is a reference resource designed as supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill , knowledge, and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate safety, effectiveness, or appropriateness for any given patient. Drugs.com does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of materials provided. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.