Advil Cold and Sinus Side Effects
Generic name: ibuprofen / pseudoephedrine
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 3, 2022.
Note: This document contains side effect information about ibuprofen / pseudoephedrine. Some dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Advil Cold and Sinus.
Applies to ibuprofen / pseudoephedrine: oral capsule liquid filled, oral tablet.
Serious side effects
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking ibuprofen / pseudoephedrine:
Incidence not known
- Bloody or black, tarry stools
- chest pain or tightness
- decrease urine output
- difficulty in speaking
- difficulty swallowing
- dilated neck veins
- double vision
- fast heartbeat
- hives, itching, skin rash
- inability to speak
- inability to move the arms, legs, or facial muscles
- irregular breathing
- puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- severe stomach pain, cramping, or burning
- swelling of the face, fingers, feet, or lower legs
- trouble breathing
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- vomiting of blood or material that looks like coffee grounds
- weight gain
Other side effects
Some side effects of ibuprofen / pseudoephedrine may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects.
Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
Incidence not known
- trouble sleeping
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to ibuprofen / pseudoephedrine: oral capsule, oral suspension, oral tablet.
More about Advil Cold and Sinus (ibuprofen / pseudoephedrine)
- Check interactions
- Pricing & coupons
- Reviews (30)
- Drug images
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- En español
Related treatment guides
1. "Product Information. Advil Cold and Sinus Liqui-Gel (ibuprofen-pseudoephedrine)." Wyeth Consumer Healthcare (2019):
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.