Mucinex for Kids
Generic Name: guaifenesin and dextromethorphan hydrobromide
Dosage Form: oral granule
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
EXPECTORANT - COUGH MINI-MELTS
|Active ingredients (in each packet)||Purpose|
|Dextromethorphan HBr 5 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Guaifenesin 100 mg||Expectorant|
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
- temporarily relieves:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants
- the intensity of coughing
- the impulse to cough to help you get to sleep
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Stop use and ask a doctor if cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious illness.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a healthcare professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- empty entire contents of packet onto tongue and swallow
- for best taste, do not chew granules
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
|adults and children 12 years and over||2 to 4 packets every 4 hours|
|children 6 years to under 12 years||1 to 2 packets every 4 hours|
|children 4 years to under 6 years||1 packet every 4 hours|
|children under 4 years||do not use|
- each packet contains: magnesium 6 mg and sodium 3 mg
- phenylketonurics: contains phenylalanine 2 mg per packet
- store between 15-25°C (59-77°F)
- tamper evident: do not use if carton is open or if packets are torn or open
aspartame, butylated methacrylate copolymer, carbomer homopolymer, creme flavor, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, orange flavor, povidone, sodium bicarbonate, sodium carboxymethylcellulose, sorbitol, stearic acid, talc, triethyl citrate
Questions or comments?
1-866-MUCINEX (1-866-682-4639) or www.mucinex.com
Made in Germany
Reckitt Benckiser Inc.
© RBI 2009
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 12 packet Carton
Guaifenesin 100 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 5 mg
EXPECTORANT • COUGH SUPPRESSANT
Thins And Loosens Mucus
12 GRANULE PACKETS
|Mucinex for Kids
guaifenesin and dextromethorphan hydrobromide granule
|Labeler - Reckitt Benckiser, Inc. (094405024)|
More about Mucinex Children's Cough (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations