Mucinex for Kids
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 24, 2022.
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each packet)||Purpose|
|Dextromethorphan HBr 5 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Guaifenesin 100 mg||Expectorant|
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
- temporarily relieves:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants
- the intensity of coughing
- the impulse to cough to help you get to sleep
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Stop use and ask a doctor if cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious illness.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a healthcare professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- empty entire contents of packet onto tongue and swallow
- for best taste, do not chew granules
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
|adults and children 12 years and over||2 to 4 packets every 4 hours|
|children 6 years to under 12 years||1 to 2 packets every 4 hours|
|children 4 years to under 6 years||1 packet every 4 hours|
|children under 4 years||do not use|
- each packet contains: magnesium 6 mg and sodium 3 mg
- phenylketonurics: contains phenylalanine 2 mg per packet
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- tamper evident: do not use if carton is open or if packets are torn or open
aspartame, butylated methacrylate copolymer, carbomer homopolymer type A, creme flavor, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, orange flavor, povidone, sodium bicarbonate, sodium carboxymethylcellulose, sorbitol, stearic acid, talc, triethyl citrate
You may also report side effects to this phone number.
Dist. by: Reckitt Benckiser
Parsippany, NJ 07054-0224
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 12 Packet Carton
Guaifenesin 100 mg / Dextromethorphan HBr 5 mg
✓ Chest Congestion
✓ Breaks up Mucus
12 GRANULE PACKETS
|CHILDRENS MUCINEX MINI-MELTS COUGH
dextromethorphan hydrobromide and guaifenesin granule
|Labeler - Reckitt Benckiser (094405024)|
More about Mucinex Children's Cough (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin)
- Check interactions
- Pricing & coupons
- Side effects
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations