Cepacol Extra Strength Sore Throat sugar free cherry
Medically reviewed on November 3, 2016
Dosage form: lozenge
Ingredients: Benzocaine 15mg, Menthol, Unspecified Form 3.6mg
Labeler: Reckitt Benckiser LLC
NDC Code: 63824-722
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Extra Strength* Sore Throat sugar free cherry
|Active ingredients (in each lozenge)||Purposes|
|Benzocaine 15 mg||Oral pain reliever|
|Menthol 3.6 mg||Oral pain reliever|
temporary relief of occasional
- sore throat
- sore mouth
- minor mouth irritation
- pain associated with canker sores
Use of this product may cause methemoglobinemia, a rare but serious condition that must be treated promptly because it reduces the amount of oxygen carried in blood. Stop use and seek immediate medical attention if you or a child in your care develops:
- pale, gray, or blue colored skin (cyanosis)
- rapid heart rate
- shortness of breath
- dizziness or lightheadedness
- fatigue or lack of energy
- Do not use this product if you have a history of allergy to local anesthetics such as procaine, butacaine, benzocaine, or any other 'caine' anesthetics.
- If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting consult a doctor promptly.
Stop use and ask a doctor or dentist if
- sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days
- irritation, pain, or redness persists or worsens
- swelling, rash, or fever develops
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep this and all drugs out of the reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Do not exceed recommended dosage.
- adults and children 5 years of age and older: allow one lozenge to dissolve slowly in the mouth; may be repeated every 2 hours as needed or as directed by a doctor or dentist.
- children under 5 years of age: do not use
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- protect contents from humidity
D&C red no. 33, FD&C red no. 40, flavors, isomalt, maltitol, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium bicarbonate, sucralose
You may also report side effects to this phone number.
Dist. by: Reckitt Benckiser
Parsippany, NJ 07054-0224
Made in England
READ ALL INFORMATION
Benzocaine 15 mg • Menthol 3.6 mg | Oral Pain Reliever
- Relieves Sore Throat Pain
- Fast Acting
- Maximum Numbing
*based on amount of benzocaine per dose.
EXTRA STRENGTH SORE THROAT SUGAR FREE CHERRY
benzocaine and menthol lozenge
|Labeler - Reckitt Benckiser LLC (094405024)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.