FycompaTreatment for Epilepsy, Seizures
Update: Fycompa (perampanel) Now FDA Approved - October 22, 2012
Eisai Resubmits Perampanel (E2007) NDA to FDA
WOODCLIFF LAKE, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec 26, 2011 - Eisai Inc. announced today that it resubmitted the New Drug Application (NDA) for the investigational AMPA-type glutamate receptor antagonist perampanel for partial-onset seizures associated with epilepsy to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on December 22, 2011. This resubmission comes after the FDA issued a Refusal to File letter in July 2011 in which FDA requested reformatting and reanalyses of some datasets in the dossier. The application was originally submitted in May 2011.
The FDA will determine acceptance of filing within 60 days of submission.
Eisai defines epilepsy as a therapeutic area of focus. By offering multiple treatment options, Eisai seeks to make further contributions to help address the diversified needs of epilepsy patients and their families as part of our corporate human health care (hhc) mission.
About Eisai Inc.
Eisai Inc. was established in 1995 and began marketing its first product in the United States in 1997. Since that time, Eisai Inc. has rapidly grown to become a fully integrated pharmaceutical business. Eisai's areas of commercial focus include neurology, gastrointestinal disorders and oncology/critical care. The company serves as the U.S. pharmaceutical operation of Eisai Co., Ltd., a research-based human health care (hhc) company that discovers, develops and markets products throughout the world.
Eisai has a global product creation organization that includes U.S.-based R&D facilities in Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina and Pennsylvania, as well as manufacturing facilities in Maryland and North Carolina. The company's areas of R&D focus include neuroscience; oncology; vascular, inflammatory and immunological reaction; and antibody-based programs. For more information about Eisai, please visit www.eisai.com/US.
About Eisai Co., Ltd.
Eisai Co., Ltd. is a research-based human health care (hhc) company that discovers, develops and markets products throughout the world. Through a global network of research facilities, manufacturing sites and marketing subsidiaries, Eisai actively participates in all aspects of the worldwide healthcare system.
Contact: Eisai Inc.
Laurie Ostroff-Landau, 201-746-2510
Alex Scott, 201-746-2177
Posted: December 2011
- FDA Approves Additional Use of Antiepileptic Drug Fycompa as Monotherapy for Partial-onset Seizures - July 27, 2017
- Eisai Announces FDA Approval of Fycompa (perampanel) Oral Suspension - May 2, 2016
- FDA Approves Fycompa as Adjunctive Treatment for Primary Generalized Tonic-Clonic Seizures - June 22, 2015
- FDA Approves Fycompa to Treat Seizures - October 22, 2012
- FDA Accepts Resubmission of Perampanel New Drug Application - March 5, 2012
- U.S. FDA Provides Response to Perampanel New Drug Application - July 29, 2011
- Eisai to Submit Marketing Authorization Applications in the U.S. and EU for Perampanel as Adjunctive Therapy for Partial Onset Seizures in Patients with Epilepsy - January 25, 2011