What type of drug is Aliqopa?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Sep 30, 2019.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
Aliqopa (copanlisib) is a phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase (PI3K) inhibitor (kinase inhibitor).
It is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with relapsed follicular lymphoma (FL) who have received at least 2 prior treatments.
Follicular lymphoma is a slow-growing type of B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma, a cancer of the lymph system.
Aliqopa works by blocking several enzymes that promote cancer cell growth.
See also: medications for follicular lymphoma.
Related Medical Questions
- What is the difference between Rituxan and Rituxan Hycela?
- What type of drug is Copiktra?
- What is the difference between Truxima and Rituxan?
- Aliqopa Information for Consumers
- Aliqopa Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Aliqopa (detailed)