Excipient (pharmacologically inactive substance)
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jul 1, 2018.
What is it?
Alpha-tocopherol, also known as vitamin E1, is one of several forms of vitamin E. It appears as a light yellow, viscous, odorless, oily liquid that deteriorates on exposure to light. Alpha-tocopherol is obtained from wheat germ oil or by synthesis, biologically exhibits the most vitamin E activity of the α-tocopherols, and is an antioxidant retarding rancidity by interfering with the autoxidation of fats.
Vitamin E is found in foods such as vegetable oils and shortening, meat, eggs, milk, and leafy vegetables. Vitamin E is important for many processes in the body.
Vitamin E is used to treat Vitamin E deficiency. It is available as a liquid and as liquid-filled capsules. Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin and can be toxic to the liver if it is taken in too high a dose.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Top Medications with this excipient
- Amethia Lo ethinyl estradiol 0.02 mg / levonorgestrel 0.1 mg
- Apri inert
- Aurovela Fe 1/20 ethinyl estradiol 20 mcg / norethindrone acetate 1 mg
- Azurette desogestrel 0.15mg / ethinyl estradiol 0.02 mg
- Caziant desogestrel 0.1 mg / ethinyl estradiol 0.025 mg
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride (Chewable) 10 mg
- Cyclessa desogestrel 0.1 mg / ethinyl estradiol 0.025 mg
- Ethinyl Estradiol and Norethindrone Acetate 0.0025 mg / 0.5 mg
- Ethinyl Estradiol and Norethindrone Acetate ethinyl estradiol 0.005 mg / norethindrone acetate 1 mg
- Gildess 1.5/30 ethinyl estradiol 0.03 mg / norethindrone 1.5 mg
- Gildess 24 Fe ethinyl estradiol 0.02 mg / norethindrone acetate 1 mg
- Gildess Fe 1/20 ethinyl estradiol 0.02 mg / norethindrone 1 mg
- Kalliga desogestrel 0.15 mg and ethinyl estradiol 0.03 mg
- Layolis Fe ethinyl estradiol 0.025 mg / norethindrone 0.8 mg
- Lo Loestrin Fe ethinyl estradiol 0.01 mg / norethindrone acetate 1 mg
- Multivitamin with Fluoride (Chewable) multivitamin with fluoride 0.25 mg
- Myorisan 10 mg
- Opana ER 10 mg
- Udamin SP dietary supplement
- Wymzya Fe ethinyl estradiol 0.035 mg / norethindrone 0.4 mg