Lepirudin and Alcohol/Food Interactions
There is 1 alcohol/food/lifestyle interaction with lepirudin:
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Moderate Potential Hazard, High plausibility
anticoagulants - hypertension
Anticoagulants should be used with extreme caution in patients at increased risk for hemorrhage, including those patients with severe hypertension.
- "Product Information. Orgaran (danaparoid)." Organon, West Orange, NJ.
- "Product Information. Heparin Sodium (heparin)." Lilly, Eli and Company, Indianapolis, IN.
- "Product Information. Lovenox (enoxaparin)." Rhone-Poulenc Rorer, Collegeville, PA.
- "Product Information. Fragmin (dalteparin)." Pharmacia and Upjohn, Kalamazoo, MI.
Lepirudin drug interactions
There are 151 drug interactions with lepirudin
Lepirudin disease interactions
There are 7 disease interactions with lepirudin which include:
- liver disease
- peptic ulcer disease
- subacute bacterial endocarditis
- kidney disease
More about lepirudin
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: thrombin inhibitors
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No interaction information available.|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.