Chlorpheniramine / guaifenesin / methscopolamine / phenylephrine and Alcohol / Food Interactions
There are 2 alcohol/food/lifestyle interactions with chlorpheniramine / guaifenesin / methscopolamine / phenylephrine which include:
chlorpheniramine ↔ food
Moderate Food Interaction
Consumer information for this interaction is not currently available.
GENERALLY AVOID: Alcohol may potentiate some of the pharmacologic effects of CNS-active agents. Use in combination may result in additive central nervous system depression and/or impairment of judgment, thinking, and psychomotor skills.
MANAGEMENT: Patients receiving CNS-active agents should be warned of this interaction and advised to avoid or limit consumption of alcohol. Ambulatory patients should be counseled to avoid hazardous activities requiring complete mental alertness and motor coordination until they know how these agents affect them, and to notify their physician if they experience excessive or prolonged CNS effects that interfere with their normal activities.
- Gilman AG, Rall TW, Nies AS, Taylor P, eds. "Goodman and Gilman's the Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics. 8th ed." New York, NY: Pergamon Press Inc. (1990):
- Warrington SJ, Ankier SI, Turner P "Evaluation of possible interactions between ethanol and trazodone or amitriptyline." Neuropsychobiology 15 (1986): 31-7
- "Product Information. Fycompa (perampanel)." Eisai Inc, Teaneck, NJ.
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Minor Potential Hazard, Low plausibility
anticholinergics - hypertension
Cardiovascular effects of anticholinergics may exacerbate hypertension. Therapy with anticholinergic agents should be administered cautiously in patients with hypertension.
- "Product Information. Marezine (cyclizine)." Glaxo Wellcome, Research Triangle Park, NC.
- "Product Information. Benadryl (diphenhydramine)." Parke-Davis, Morris Plains, NJ.
- "Product Information. Cogentin (benztropine)." Merck & Co, Inc, West Point, PA.
chlorpheniramine / guaifenesin / methscopolamine / phenylephrine drug Interactions
There are 932 drug interactions with chlorpheniramine / guaifenesin / methscopolamine / phenylephrine
chlorpheniramine / guaifenesin / methscopolamine / phenylephrine disease Interactions
There are 25 disease interactions with chlorpheniramine / guaifenesin / methscopolamine / phenylephrine which include:
- Autonomic Neuropathy
- Gi Obstruction
- Obstructive Uropathy
- Reactive Airway Diseases
- Anticholinergic Effects
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Infectious Diarrhea
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Cardiac Disease
- Renal/Liver Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Gastric Ulcer
- Gastroesophageal Reflux
- Ulcerative Colitis
Drug Interaction Classification
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.