Sodium phenylacetate Drug Interactions
A total of 5 drugs are known to interact with sodium phenylacetate.
- 2 major drug interactions
- 3 moderate drug interactions
Check for interactions with sodium phenylacetate
Medications known to interact with sodium phenylacetate
- ampicillin / probenecid
- colchicine / probenecid (Probenecid and Colchicine, Proben-C)
- divalproex sodium (Depakote, Depakote ER, Depakote Sprinkles)
- probenecid (Benemid)
- valproic acid (Valproate Sodium, Depakene, Depacon, Stavzor)
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.