Drug interactions between metformin and Methotrexate LPF Sodium
|Methotrexate LPF Sodium (methotrexate)|
Interactions between your drugs
- Metformin is in the drug class non-sulfonylureas.
- Metformin is used to treat the following conditions:
Methotrexate LPF Sodium
A total of 850 drugs (3855 brand and generic names) are known to interact with Methotrexate LPF Sodium.
- Methotrexate LPF Sodium is a member of the following drug classes: antimetabolites, antipsoriatics, antirheumatics, other immunosuppressants.
- Methotrexate LPF Sodium is used to treat the following conditions:
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Breast Cancer
- Graft-versus-host disease
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Meningeal Leukemia
- Mycosis Fungoides
- Neoplastic Diseases
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Solid Tumors
- Systemic Sclerosis
- Trophoblastic Disease
Drug and food interactions
Applies to: Methotrexate LPF Sodium (methotrexate)
Caffeine may reduce the effectiveness of methotrexate in the treatment of arthritis. If you are receiving methotrexate for arthritis, you may want to limit your intake of caffeine-containing foods and medications. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you have concerns or are uncertain what products may contain caffeine.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
No therapeutic duplications were found for your selected drugs.
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.