Alcohol (contained in alcoholic beverages) (ethanol) Drug Interactions
A total of 976 drugs (6458 brand and generic names) are known to interact with Alcohol (contained in alcoholic beverages) (ethanol).
- 174 major drug interactions (1664 brand and generic names)
- 766 moderate drug interactions (4343 brand and generic names)
- 36 minor drug interactions (451 brand and generic names)
Check for interactions with Alcohol (contained in alcoholic beverages) (ethanol)
Common medications checked in combination with Alcohol (contained in alcoholic beverages) (ethanol)
- Aspirin Low Strength (aspirin)
- Benadryl (diphenhydramine)
- Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids)
- Tylenol (acetaminophen)
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)
- Xanax (alprazolam)
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.