Drug Interactions between Diltiazem Hydrochloride SR and pravastatin
This report displays the potential drug interactions for the following 2 drugs:
- Diltiazem Hydrochloride SR (diltiazem)
Interactions between your drugs
No interactions were found between Diltiazem Hydrochloride SR and pravastatin. This does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult your healthcare provider.
Diltiazem Hydrochloride SR
A total of 627 drugs are known to interact with Diltiazem Hydrochloride SR.
- Diltiazem hydrochloride sr is in the following drug classes: calcium channel blocking agents, group IV antiarrhythmics.
- Diltiazem hydrochloride sr is used to treat the following conditions:
- Pravastatin is in the drug class statins.
Pravastatin is used to treat the following conditions:
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous
- Hyperlipoproteinemia Type IIa, Elevated LDL
- Hyperlipoproteinemia Type IIb, Elevated LDL VLDL
- Hyperlipoproteinemia Type III, Elevated beta-VLDL IDL
- Hyperlipoproteinemia Type IV, Elevated VLDL
- Ischemic Stroke, Prophylaxis
- Myocardial Infarction, Prophylaxis
- Revascularization Procedures, Prophylaxis
Drug and food interactions
Applies to: Diltiazem Hydrochloride SR (diltiazem)
Alcohol can lower your blood pressure and add to the effects of dilTIAZem. You may experience dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, or a rapid heartbeat if you drink alcohol with dilTIAZem, especially when you first start taking the medication or just after a dose increase. Grapefruit juice may also increase the effects of dilTIAZem in some people by increasing its levels in the blood. You may want to limit alcohol intake and avoid excessive consumption of grapefruit and grapefruit juice during treatment with dilTIAZem. However, if you have been regularly consuming grapefruit or grapefruit juice with dilTIAZem, do not alter the amounts of these products in your diet without first talking to your doctor or other healthcare professional. Contact your doctor if your condition changes or you experience increased side effects of dilTIAZem such as headache, irregular heartbeat, swelling, unexplained weight gain, or chest pain. Orange juice is not expected to interact.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
No warnings were found for your selected drugs.
Therapeutic duplication warnings are only returned when drugs within the same group exceed the recommended therapeutic duplication maximum.
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No interaction information available.|