Drug interactions between colchicine and Xarelto
Interactions between your drugs
There were no interactions found in our database between colchicine and Xarelto - however, this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Colchicine is in the drug class antigout agents.
- Colchicine is used to treat the following conditions:
- Xarelto is a member of the drug class factor Xa inhibitors.
- Xarelto is used to treat the following conditions:
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Prophylaxis after Hip Replacement Surgery
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Prophylaxis after Knee Replacement Surgery
- Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis
- Deep Vein Thrombosis, Recurrent Event
- Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Pulmonary Embolism, Recurrent Event
Drug and food interactions
Applies to: colchicine
Drinking large amounts of grapefruit juice can increase your blood levels of colchicine to dangerous levels. You should avoid the consumption of grapefruit or grapefruit juice during treatment with colchicine. Let your doctor know if you experience abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fever, muscle pain, weakness, fatigue, and/or numbness or tingling in your hands and feet, as these may be early symptoms of colchicine toxicity.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
No therapeutic duplications were found for your selected drugs.
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.