Drug Interactions between clarithromycin and Fish Oil
This report displays the potential drug interactions for the following 2 drugs:
- Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids)
Interactions between your drugs
No interactions were found between clarithromycin and Fish Oil. This does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult your healthcare provider.
- Clarithromycin is in the drug class macrolides.
Clarithromycin is used to treat the following conditions:
- Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention
- Dental Abscess
- Follicular Lymphoma
- Helicobacter Pylori Infection
- Legionella Pneumonia
- Mycobacterium avium-intracellulare, Prophylaxis
- Mycobacterium avium-intracellulare, Treatment
- Mycoplasma Pneumonia
- Nongonococcal Urethritis
- Otitis Media
- Pertussis Prophylaxis
- Skin and Structure Infection
- Skin or Soft Tissue Infection
- Strep Throat
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
- Fish oil is in the drug class nutraceutical products.
- Fish oil is used to treat the following conditions:
Drug and food interactions
Applies to: clarithromycin
Information for this minor interaction is only available at a professional reading level.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
No warnings were found for your selected drugs.
Therapeutic duplication warnings are only returned when drugs within the same group exceed the recommended therapeutic duplication maximum.
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No interaction information available.|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.