Drug interactions between Biaxin XL and Vitamins
|Biaxin XL (clarithromycin)|
Interactions between your drugs
- Biaxin XL is in the drug class macrolides.
- Biaxin XL is used to treat the following conditions:
- Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention
- Dental Abscess
- Helicobacter Pylori Infection
- Legionella Pneumonia
- Mycobacterium avium-intracellulare, Prophylaxis
- Mycobacterium avium-intracellulare, Treatment
- Mycoplasma Pneumonia
- Nongonococcal Urethritis
- Otitis Media
- Pertussis Prophylaxis
- Skin and Structure Infection
- Skin or Soft Tissue Infection
- Strep Throat
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
- Vitamins is a member of the drug class vitamin and mineral combinations.
- Vitamins is used to treat Dietary Supplementation.
Drug and food interactions
Applies to: Biaxin XL (clarithromycin)
Consumer information for this minor interaction is not currently available. Some minor drug interactions may not be clinically relevant in all patients. Minor drug interactions do not usually cause harm or require a change in therapy. However, your healthcare provider can determine if adjustments to your medications are needed.
For clinical details see professional interaction data.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
No therapeutic duplications were found for your selected drugs.
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.